What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Expanse - Syfy Show (1 Viewer)

Wait that was it?  Damn. I didn’t realize it was such a short season. Great show. I may rewatch and read the remaining books. 

Liked the end, thought they did a nice job with the main players. 

Love the easter egg when they have all the names of the assault team on the screen (Ripley, Hicks, Hudson etc.) Many sci-fi characters from other movies/tv represented. 

Hoping the show can live on in some form.

I still don't understand what was going on with the little girl and her brother.  What was the point in that story line?  Was it just to show that the protomolecule is still around?  I rewatched to see if I missed something but they just walk into the forest and then nothing is mentioned again... They sure spent a lot of time in those few episodes on that story and it just didn't go anywhere or impact anything else.  Or am I just missing something.  

I still don't understand what was going on with the little girl and her brother.  What was the point in that story line?  Was it just to show that the protomolecule is still around?  I rewatched to see if I missed something but they just walk into the forest and then nothing is mentioned again... They sure spent a lot of time in those few episodes on that story and it just didn't go anywhere or impact anything else.  Or am I just missing something.  
I think you got it. At least that's how I took that storyline. It wasn't particularly well done but it did serve it's purpose.

I haven't read the books, but it appears that they are experimenting with the proto-molecule sample on that planet.  And they have created all kinds of life with it.  The kid was brought back as something much better than those hybrids from Season 2 or 3.  And it seems these experiments brought that orbiting ship back online, which are the "gods" that guy told Marco that he had to kill.

Spin said:
have you read the book? 

The show basically ends at book 6 and all the Laconia stuff is from books 8-9. I knew there wasn't enough time to get Laconia more involved, and kinda wish they spent less time on Cara and Xan and more time on the main storyline. Especially, like you said, with a really short season. 

Spin said:
It sure seemed like a build up for a spin off or sequel series or something. 

Great series, they really should have given the last season a few more episodes, at times it seemed like almost an outline more than a complete season.

I started the books and so far they are very good.  I remember S1 being by far the weakest for the show but the first book had me hooked, even already knowing generally what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Books are awesome! Highly recommend them, amazing how much of the show is completely lifted from the books.

On the kids storyline, definitely think it was because they are hoping to somehow continue the show. Whether now or at some point in the future. The kids storyline is not specifically important to know other than it sets up some bigger things in the later books.

Users who are viewing this thread