What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (1 Viewer)

I know I always get flack for this, but I urge those who are used to spending $20 on a pair of jeans from Old Navy to just try on and experience one pair of higher end jeans ($75-$100 range). They just feel and look so much better on that it's worth the extra cost (from my experience anyways)
This is true. And the quality of the denim used by Old Navy seems to be getting worse somehow. I used to buy my jeans there out of habit but doubt I will again.I still don't like spending much on clothes though, so I'm transitioning to better brands with help from the discount stores.
Nice work, if you can find solid pieces at discount stores than that's definitely the way to go. As Rocky Dennis said earlier in the thread, jeans are a tough one because brands fit so much differently depending on size/cut/style that usually nice jeans are pretty much picked over by the time they reach the discount store level.In a weird way I view nice jeans kind of like a nice piece of furniture....invest in a nicer piece now and enjoy the comfort and styling of it longer because it will last due to the higher quality. Rather than buy a couple of cheap chairs from Target that are uncomfortable to sit in, look like crap in your living room and fall apart after a couple of years.

Using this rating scale, what would you rate these guys?
I'm not really sure why this needs to go down this road? If you're not interested in this topic than why waste your time in here? I'm not making fun of anybody or degrading them, just trying to lend my viewpoint and give advice for anybody curious. If you disagree than great, I'm looking to hear other's points of view cuz maybe I'm doing something wrong as well...I've already discovered a couple of good sources for some new digs buried in these pages.I guess that's the beauty of dressing decent and looking put together. Haters can make fun of you and assume you're homosexual while you still reap all the benefits of enjoying the hot women who appreciate stylish guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using this rating scale, what would you rate these guys?
I'm not really sure why this needs to go down this road? If you're not interested in this topic than why waste your time in here? I'm not making fun of anybody or degrading them, just trying to lend my viewpoint and give advice for anybody curious. If you disagree than great, I'm looking to hear other's points of view cuz maybe I'm doing something wrong as well...I've already discovered a couple of good sources for some new digs buried in these pages.I guess that's the beauty of dressing decent and looking put together. Haters can make fun of you and assume you're homosexual while you still reap all the benefits of enjoying the hot women who appreciate stylish guys.
Calm down Brian. I was just curios how you'd rate these gentlemen who made such a fashion faux pas.

Could use some help here. I need to find all types of shirts (tee shirts, polos, short sleeve casual and longer sleeve night out stuff) that have room for bigger chest but aren't freakin' knee length. Pretty barrel chested, and can't stand a really tight shirt. Are there particular brands I should be looking at? Golf shirts - I normally get XXL because I want freedom of motion and don't care how long they are because I usually tuck them in. Other shirts it's a problem.

Also, need help with the perfect summer sandals, mixing comfort with fashion.

flip flop/thong type sandals are what is in style now, but they can be uncomfortable....they tend to slide off the foot easily when walking and some (me included) can't stand having the strap rub in between your big and 2nd toes.Check out the link below..they show one sandle that is in style that has a "x" type strap which looks to be more comfortable.

http://uk.askmen.com/fashion/fashiontip_40...-dos-donts.html

I'm not a big summer sandle guy myself so hopefully others can lend some good tips on kinds they like.

Could use some help here. I need to find all types of shirts (tee shirts, polos, short sleeve casual and longer sleeve night out stuff) that have room for bigger chest but aren't freakin' knee length. Pretty barrel chested, and can't stand a really tight shirt. Are there particular brands I should be looking at? Golf shirts - I normally get XXL because I want freedom of motion and don't care how long they are because I usually tuck them in. Other shirts it's a problem.

You need to get your shirts custom made. Not sure where you live but there are some great tailors from Hong Kong that come into NYC a few times a year, measure you and give you a variety of fabrics/patterns to choose from all for $35-40 a shirt. Amazing deal. If not, you're looking at a pretty penny to get a decent shirt made. My favorite place in NYC is Seize Sur Vingt. Great custom shirts but they'll run you around $200. http://www.yelp.com/biz/seize-sur-vingt-new-york

I don't have a whole lot of knowledge on this one, but believe you should look for "Athletic Cut" type shirts when searching. That is they are broader up top and slimmer in the waist. I believe Brooks Brothers has been mentioned in the past as a great place for Athletic Cut Dress type shirts.Other than that you can always take your shirts into a tailor and they can alter them appropriately. Find a shirt that fits your biggest part (in your case your chest) and they can then adjust where the sleeve starts, take in the mid-section and shorten the length if needed. Will cost probably an extra 25%-35% more than what you purchased the shirt for but worth it to have it fit properly and be comfortable.If unsure of where to find a tailor in your area, most dry-cleaners do misc. tailoring on clothes. Take one of your lesser shirts in there as a test run and see how they do. Pain in the butt to initially find a good tailor you can trust to do a good job, but once you've got one you like they are invaluable and give you a whole new outlook when looking for new clothes....many of the cool things you thought you could never buy in the past can now be made to fit you properly.

Just went out to grab lunch and saw a couple of guys doing a work business casual look that I recommend against...Black pants= OKBrightly colored button up collared shirt= OKBlack undershirt to match the black pants = NOT OK3 guys I saw in a 45 min. period..A) black pants, striped melon orange shirt, black undershirtB) black pants, solid light green shirt, black undershirtC) black pants, solid white shirt, black undershirt (why would you even think of wearing a black undershirt with this?)if you must wear an undershirt, stick with the white regardless of your pant color.
I too want to inspect men's underwear while I'm out on my lunchtime reconnaissance missions. Is the use of 3-D glasses needed?

is this thread schtick? I feel like there is some well thought out commentary in here, but then there is that picture and that goofy work picture. It is one thing to wear a button down sweater like that. It is a whole nother level to wear it with only two buttons buttoned. JC Chazez meets Mr. Rodgers.

Just went out to grab lunch and saw a couple of guys doing a work business casual look that I recommend against...Black pants= OKBrightly colored button up collared shirt= OKBlack undershirt to match the black pants = NOT OK3 guys I saw in a 45 min. period..A) black pants, striped melon orange shirt, black undershirtB) black pants, solid light green shirt, black undershirtC) black pants, solid white shirt, black undershirt (why would you even think of wearing a black undershirt with this?)if you must wear an undershirt, stick with the white regardless of your pant color.
You should have gone over and thrown a bucket of paint on them in protest.
It sounds like offdee is one fashion police officer that doesn't roll like that.

To summarize.....

1) Anything David Beckham or Justin Timberlake wears is stylish

2) If you don't look like David Beckham or Justin Timberlake, you'll look like a tool wearing their clothes.

I'm not totally anti-style or anything like that. I own some nice clothes and enjoy looking good. I'm in decent shape and try to wear clothes that fit right.

However, I would never be caught dead wearing some super faded out jeans and a button up sweater. That's just silly. If you aren't PDiddy, you can't rock a yellow sweater in the front row of the knicks game.

Celebrities aren't cool because of the clothes they wear. The clothes they wear are cool because they're celebrities.

If dressing like David Beckham meant i'd get girls that look like his wife, I'd dress like that. But i don't look like him, so i wont.

Cardigan sweaters aren't a bad look offdee just missed the mark in pulling it off. Shirt looks horrible with that sweater.
Fair enough. This is the type of feedback I appreciate and would hope the same from others when I comment about something with their look.It's just a simple button up sweater I wore to some bar back in the dead of winter...I probably had that thing fully buttoned, unbuttoned and completely off a few times throughout the night...just happened to get a picture like this. I like the look of a cardigan sweater and fully realize it's something you don't wear all the time...just something to mix it up every once in a while.

Here's a completely different night I found with that thing on so you can all flame away at this one too if you want...

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/o...on/cardigan.jpg

Here's a completely different night I found with that thing on so you can all flame away at this one too if you want...

I have always wondered if it's okay to wear a v-neck top under a v-neck cardigan. Does it matter or will it work better with a crew neck?
I don't think there's a right answer. I don't like the look on me with a crew or v neck. The only time I wear cardigans is with a collared shirt and tie.

- One thing these days which shows off a nice, modern suit compared to a cheap standard suit is the pocket design on the front. The cooler suits now a days have 2 pockets right on top of each other on one side and only one pocket on the other side...kind of an assymetrical thing.

Like this:

http://www.stylenerds.com/site/wp-content/...8/12/suits1.jpg
I'm getting married in September. Looking for a hip suit. I'm feeling that brown one in the picture. You know what brand it is? Or where to find it?I am wearing brown, or light brown of sorts, for sure. With a different colored brown shirt, brown shoes, and a brown hat. Only color on me is going to be a turquoise tie, and turquise shoelaces (got a nice pair of brown Fluevogs in mind).

Here is the only other suit I have found that meets my needs. Link

- One thing these days which shows off a nice, modern suit compared to a cheap standard suit is the pocket design on the front. The cooler suits now a days have 2 pockets right on top of each other on one side and only one pocket on the other side...kind of an assymetrical thing.

Like this:

I'm getting married in September. Looking for a hip suit. I'm feeling that brown one in the picture. You know what brand it is? Or where to find it?I am wearing brown, or light brown of sorts, for sure. With a different colored brown shirt, brown shoes, and a brown hat. Only color on me is going to be a turquoise tie, and turquise shoelaces (got a nice pair of brown Fluevogs in mind).

you're wearing a hat at your wedding?

Like this:

Hell yeah.Getting married at this kick ### old school theater. I feel as a hat is a must.

Like this:

Hell yeah.Getting married at this kick ### old school theater. I feel as a hat is a must.
that is a cool looking venue, but i still wouldn't wear a hat. congrats though

Cardigan sweaters aren't a bad look offdee just missed the mark in pulling it off. Shirt looks horrible with that sweater.
Fair enough. This is the type of feedback I appreciate and would hope the same from others when I comment about something with their look.It's just a simple button up sweater I wore to some bar back in the dead of winter...I probably had that thing fully buttoned, unbuttoned and completely off a few times throughout the night...just happened to get a picture like this. I like the look of a cardigan sweater and fully realize it's something you don't wear all the time...just something to mix it up every once in a while.

I guess I just don't understand wearing a sweater with buttons if you're only going to button two of them. Why not just wear a Snuggie?

Yes, you should be spending over $100 on jeans. I picked up a pair of True Religions and a pair of 7s this weekend, both are great and will last years. I'm not typically a true religion fan because the pockets can look chick-ish, but if you get the right ones with the right fit and wash, they can be pretty solid casual jeans.

Yes, guys can wear pick, assuming they are the right guys.

Yes, Joe is spot on when he says being tan and in shape makes a big difference in terms of what you can wear and how you pull it off. Pitt can wear whatever the hell he wants and look good.

Finally, an Otis personal lesson -- I recently learned that fit is everything. You can spend $1k-$2k or more on an expensive designer suit, but if it doesn't fit right, it's wasted. Conversely, you can spend $200 on a suit from a discount center with a better fit for you, and you can look fantastic. Same carries over for lots of other clothes. So, for me, labels and price aren't what matter -- what really matters is the fit. As an aside, I'll notice the one place I really tend to stray on this is jeans. They're too much of a staple for me, the more expensive ones tend to fit way better, the fabric falls better, they look better, and they last longer.

The pages of GQ have some great lessons on how trim and well-fitting clothing can make all the difference.

Ok, I'm here. Who has questions?
1) Where have you been?2) Why did you reject my friend request?3) Is my T-shirt too tight?
1) Away meeting the new girlfriend's family and staying at their beach house. A good time was had by all.2) I have a brzillion pending friend requests from FBGs and am afraid to accept them because I don't know who is who. It's scary enough to have the likes of Tanner posting on your wall, but he cracks me up 100% of the time, so it's worth it.3) Probably.

Ok, I'm here. Who has questions?
1) Where have you been?2) Why did you reject my friend request?3) Is my T-shirt too tight?
1) Away meeting the new girlfriend's family and staying at their beach house. A good time was had by all.2) I have a brzillion pending friend requests from FBGs and am afraid to accept them because I don't know who is who. It's scary enough to have the likes of Tanner posting on your wall, but he cracks me up 100% of the time, so it's worth it.3) Probably.
Woz requested ME. I'm confirmed.Seriously though, its fine. Don't mean to bust your balls. Nobody wants worlds to collide. I posted on Studs' wall the other and I'm praying i don't have to explain his response (if it comes) to any of my real friends.real friend: Who's "moobers"me: :o

Users who are viewing this thread