What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The FIX Redraft (2 Viewers)

QB PManning, Ryan

RB MJD, Reggie Bush, Ryan Williams, Starks

WR Wayne, Colston, Rice, Branch

TE Gates, ZMiller, Dickson/Pitta

Love the value here at QB and TE. Not excited by the RBs/WRs

Last edited by a moderator:
current squad with MOP's color scheme

QB - Flacco & Orton

RB - Foster, F. Jones, Lynch, Tomlinson, & R. Brown

WR - M. Wallace, Holmes, Evans, & Decker

TE - Finley, A. Hernandez, & Watson

DST - Patriots

Really like the scoring potential and lineup flexibility this team will have

QB Michael Vick, Tom Brady

RB Chris Johnson, Ryan Grant, JStew, Javon Ringer, Dany Woodhead, Stevan Ridley

WR Wes Welker, Mario Manningham, Chad Johnson, Lance Moore, Hines Ward, Brandon Gibson, Devin Hester,

TE Brent Celek, Todd Heap

Def San Diego, Arizona

I haven't said too much until i could put the whole thing together. I certainly put myself in a small hole by going QB int he 2nd and 3rd but I think it will prove to help me during the season and give me a colossal advantage over many of the other teams. I have some big questions looming at RB with Chris Johnson. I am not naive enough to think I can win without him but perhaps I can hold the fort down a week or two until he comes back. I am thinking at this point he won't be there for the opener.

I like what I pieced together at WR. Welker is solid, Manningham has upside, CJ will be a steal and gives me 2 parts of the NE passing game, Lance Moore will catch 70-80 balls this year, Hines Ward ain't done just yet, and I like the upside late of Gibson and Hester who keep working with the 1st unit on their teams throughout camp. I also like the combo of Celek and Heap in the 10th and 11th rounds where I grabbed them. I won't have TE flex options like several other teams but I feel confident I will get it from my WRs most weeks. And the SD/AZ combo is terrific for match ups throughout the season.

This could be a front runner or the Hindenburg, it's go big or go home.

4.07 AB in DC - Peyton Manning, QB6, IND

8.07 AB in DC - Matt Ryan, QB12, ATL

1.06 AB in DC - Maurice Jones-Drew, RB6, JAX

7.06 AB in DC - Reggie Bush, RB29, MIA

11.06 AB in DC - James Starks, RB36, GB

16.07 AB in DC - Bernard Scott, RB51, CIN

17.06 AB in DC - Dexter McCluster, WR68 RB54, KC

3.06 AB in DC - Reggie Wayne, WR10, IND

5.06 AB in DC - Marques Colston, WR20, NO

6.07 AB in DC - Sidney Rice, WR25, SEA

12.07 AB in DC - Deion Branch, WR51, NE

18.07 AB in DC - Danario Alexander, WR72, STL

19.06 AB in DC - Desmon Briscoe, WR76, TB

2.07 AB in DC - Antonio Gates, TE2, SD

10.07 AB in DC - Zach Miller, TE20, SEA

13.06 AB in DC - Ed Dickson, TE27, BAL

14.07 AB in DC - Dennis Pitta, TE29, BAL

20.07 AB in DC - Matt Bryant, K12

15.06 AB in DC - New Orleans Saints, DST10

9.06 AB in DC - Ryan Williams, RB34, AZ

Meh. Losing Ryan Williams really kills my depth. I need a lot of things to break right or this team becomes uncompetittive very quickly.

QB Michael Vick, Tom Brady

RB Chris Johnson, Ryan Grant, JStew, Javon Ringer, Dany Woodhead, Stevan Ridley

WR Wes Welker, Mario Manningham, Chad Johnson, Lance Moore, Hines Ward, Brandon Gibson, Devin Hester,

TE Brent Celek, Todd Heap

Def San Diego, Arizona

I haven't said too much until i could put the whole thing together. I certainly put myself in a small hole by going QB int he 2nd and 3rd but I think it will prove to help me during the season and give me a colossal advantage over many of the other teams. I have some big questions looming at RB with Chris Johnson. I am not naive enough to think I can win without him but perhaps I can hold the fort down a week or two until he comes back. I am thinking at this point he won't be there for the opener.

I like what I pieced together at WR. Welker is solid, Manningham has upside, CJ will be a steal and gives me 2 parts of the NE passing game, Lance Moore will catch 70-80 balls this year, Hines Ward ain't done just yet, and I like the upside late of Gibson and Hester who keep working with the 1st unit on their teams throughout camp. I also like the combo of Celek and Heap in the 10th and 11th rounds where I grabbed them. I won't have TE flex options like several other teams but I feel confident I will get it from my WRs most weeks. And the SD/AZ combo is terrific for match ups throughout the season.

This could be a front runner or the Hindenburg, it's go big or go home.

I think you did Very Well considering you essentially didn't have a third round pick....but your TEs blow - although you could get lucky on the matchups

QB -- Josh Freeman, Sam Bradford

RB -- Frank Gore, DeAngelo Williams, Daniel Thomas, DeMarco Murray, Thomas Jones, Kendall Hunter

WR -- Calvin Johnson, Percy Harvin, Nate Burleson, Plaxico Burress, Harry Douglas, Jerome Simpson

TE -- Vernon Davis, Kellen Winslow, Greg Olsen

PK -- Garrett Hartley

DEF -- Philadelphia

I'm probably doomed to a woeful finish because I really like my squad.

QB -- Normally I don't go for the QBBC mode, and prefer to draft one of the elite guys. However, in Best Ball, QBBC becomes a very viable option and I ended up with two guys with QB1 upside. Obviously I could have some iffy weeks, but in most weeks one of these guys will deliver the goods, and I don't have to figure out which one.

RB -- Very pleased with this group of runners, particularly because I genuinely think Daniel Thomas will be THE workhorse within a month of the season's start, no matter what the rhetoric is about Bush right now. With John Stewart nursing his Achilles (SHOCKER), Williams will join Gore as workhorse focal points. Murray concerns me a bit as he's missed a huge chunk of the preseason, but you have to have people to cut for waiver pickups, right?

WR -- This worked out better than I could've hoped. Megatron speaks for himself and I love Harvin this year, particularly in PPR. Burress is a risk given his age, but we saw last night what he's capable of while his ankles cooperate. Burleson and Douglas are going to be boom/bust players in most weeks, but in Best Ball that's just fine. I wouldn't be as keen to draft those guys in traditional leagues, but in this format I love them. Douglas has been the only source of big plays for the Falcons in the first two preseason games, and that will continue as the Falcons will use 3-WR sets liberally this year.

TE -- This is the crown jewel of my strategy. I must admit I was baffled at how few people seemed to want to play the unique lineup rules of this league early. With two flex positions, and 2 pt per rec for TEs, the idea of having three high end tight ends was a no brainer IMHO. With Olsen moving to Carolina where Chuds is a TE guru, I view myself as having three of the 12 best fantasy TEs (including two of the Top 10). In our league's scoring, Greg Olsen (my lowest rated TE), is projected for 201 points, which makes him significantly more valuable than a TON of WRs that went off the board ahead of him. I expect in many weeks all three of these guys will figure into my Best Ball.

PK/DEF -- Hartley is an entrenched starter on a great offense with a Week 11 bye, and the Eagles D is the one homer pick I allowed myself. :)

With one pick left to go.

QB - Rivers, Cassell

Rivers is gonna be top3 boys book it.

RB - J.Charles, Addai, Beanie Wells, CJ Spiller, Torain

Got a break with the ryan williams news, lets see if beanie does something with it, JC is a stud hopefully addai is effective enuff.

You guys know I always build squads to be weak at RB2 but here I got enuff

WR - V.Jackson, DeSean Jackson,B.Lloyd, Crabtree, Jacoby Jones, Jason Hill

Holy smokes. Vjax, DeSean, Orton to Lloyd?, some decent depth after. I love this.

TE - Pettigrew, Shiancoe, K. Rudolph

McNabb has a noodle arm and will be hitting SHiancoe and Rudolph often, Pettigrew had 70 catches with Stafford playing like 4 games.

K - Kaeding

D - NY Jets,Baltimore

Loaded up with 2 strong Defs and a top notch Kicker in good weather.

"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal the A team

QB -- A. Rodgers, Fitzpatrick & McCoy

RB -- Hillis, Moreno, Mathews & D. Carter

WR -- A. Johnson, D. Bowe, Maclin, J. Ford, G. Little & K. Walter

TE -- Keller, J. Gresham & E. Moore

PK -- Janikowski

DEF -- Steelers & Lions

This league will be interesting to follow because most everyone really likes their team. I'm in that same boat, but in review I do see issues as I found that I drafted four members of the Cleveland Browns. At least they are spread out with one each at QB, RB, WR & TE.

QB -- I love getting Aaron Rodgers and might should have only gone with two here so that I had more depth elsewhere, but liked Colt McCoy and took him as my third. Almost guaranteed top level QB scoring.

RB -- Kind of short on depth here and seem to have collected a group that lots of folks are questioning individually. I really like Hillis for 2012 and think that Mathews and Moreno will outperform expectations. However, that is it for my squad other than rookie Delone Carter who was a long shot selection.Hoping that these guys perform, but might need to look for help on the waiver wire or trade market here. In my opinion, my wakest position and I probably value my top three higher than most.

WR -- Love my full roster, but only went six deep. AJ is favorite for WR #1. Bowe is awesome in best ball as his wildly varying scores are not so much a hindrance. Maclin was great value, assuming he plays week one. J. Ford is another best ball bonanza WR. I really like Greg Little to do an Q Boldin lite rookie season. K. Walter has a few great weeks and will be better if heaven forbid AJ should get hurt.

TE -- I grabbed both of my TE sleeper picks and added Evan Moore who seems to be a nice red zone target. I believe that this group will not be ranked well at all by the rest of y'all in our leage, but I really ike this trio to outperform expectations so that I do not lose too many points to the field here.

PK/DEF -- Janko & Vinatieri paired with Steelers and Lions. Looks great to me.

Waiting patiently for y'all to rip my squad, likely beginning at RB and TE.

With one pick left to go.

QB - Rivers, Cassell

Rivers is gonna be top3 boys book it.

RB - J.Charles, Addai, Beanie Wells, CJ Spiller, Torain

Got a break with the ryan williams news, lets see if beanie does something with it, JC is a stud hopefully addai is effective enuff.

You guys know I always build squads to be weak at RB2 but here I got enuff

WR - V.Jackson, DeSean Jackson,B.Lloyd, Crabtree, Jacoby Jones, Jason Hill

Holy smokes. Vjax, DeSean, Orton to Lloyd?, some decent depth after. I love this.

TE - Pettigrew, Shiancoe, K. Rudolph

McNabb has a noodle arm and will be hitting SHiancoe and Rudolph often, Pettigrew had 70 catches with Stafford playing like 4 games.

K - Kaeding

D - NY Jets,Baltimore

Loaded up with 2 strong Defs and a top notch Kicker in good weather.

"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal the A team
Fred Jackson unsure of role Tue Aug 23, 11:40 AM Buffalo Bills RB Fred Jackson said he is angry and confused over the team's decision to start RB C.J. Spiller in the team's last preseason game. Jackson feels he should be the No. 1 running back. 'I was shocked,' Jackson said. 'I feel like a No. 1 back, and I should be treated like one. As far as what's going on, you would have to ask them. I'm going to come out here and compete. I feel like I have been competing. I feel like I have done everything I can. It's been like that for two or three years, and nothing has changed.' He could ask for a trade if the Bills hand his job to Spiller. 'If that's an avenue I have to take, I would definitely be open to it,' Jackson said.

QB: Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Jason Campbell

RB: Mark Ingram, Shonn Greene, Fred Jackson, Brandon Jacobs, Rashad Jennings, Jamie Harper

WR: Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Thomas, Danny Amendola, Donald Driver, Randall Cobb

TE: Owen Daniels, Tony Moeaki, Anthony Fasano

PK: Neil Rackers

D/ST: New York Giants

:pirate:
I like it. Fire away.
One of your best efforts I've seen Jeff. We're obviously talking about how it looks on paper here, but very good depth at all positions.

QB -- A. Rodgers, Fitzpatrick & McCoyRB -- Hillis, Moreno, Mathews & D. CarterWR -- A. Johnson, D. Bowe, Maclin, J. Ford, G. Little & K. WalterTE -- Keller, J. Gresham & E. MoorePK -- JanikowskiDEF -- Steelers & LionsThis league will be interesting to follow because most everyone really likes their team. I'm in that same boat, but in review I do see issues as I found that I drafted four members of the Cleveland Browns. At least they are spread out with one each at QB, RB, WR & TE.QB -- I love getting Aaron Rodgers and might should have only gone with two here so that I had more depth elsewhere, but liked Colt McCoy and took him as my third. Almost guaranteed top level QB scoring.RB -- Kind of short on depth here and seem to have collected a group that lots of folks are questioning individually. I really like Hillis for 2012 and think that Mathews and Moreno will outperform expectations. However, that is it for my squad other than rookie Delone Carter who was a long shot selection.Hoping that these guys perform, but might need to look for help on the waiver wire or trade market here. In my opinion, my wakest position and I probably value my top three higher than most.WR -- Love my full roster, but only went six deep. AJ is favorite for WR #1. Bowe is awesome in best ball as his wildly varying scores are not so much a hindrance. Maclin was great value, assuming he plays week one. J. Ford is another best ball bonanza WR. I really like Greg Little to do an Q Boldin lite rookie season. K. Walter has a few great weeks and will be better if heaven forbid AJ should get hurt.TE -- I grabbed both of my TE sleeper picks and added Evan Moore who seems to be a nice red zone target. I believe that this group will not be ranked well at all by the rest of y'all in our leage, but I really ike this trio to outperform expectations so that I do not lose too many points to the field here.PK/DEF -- Janko & Vinatieri paired with Steelers and Lions. Looks great to me.Waiting patiently for y'all to rip my squad, likely beginning at RB and TE.
Nicely done across the board. Love the Little and Carter rook picks. Question, how high do you have Keller? I think he is undervalued this season, just trying to get a read on where others who are high on him have him.

Okay - time for final roster and self grading and thoughts

Quarterbacks

Joe Flacco (5)

Kyle Orton (6)

C+ - well at least that's how I would grade them off Dodd's current projections, BUT I think the combination will actually score better than that. Flacco could in my opinion end up a low QB1 although right now he "projects" as a top QB1 while Orton gets a low QB2 but will certainly outscore that if he plays all year. I think the combo will outscore many.

Running Backs

Arian Foster (11)

Felix Jones (5)

Marshawn Lynch (6)

LaDainian Tomlinson (8)

Ronnie Brown (7)

A- for Foster and Felix/Lynch combo but good depth and upside with LT2 and Brown, both of whom are likely to have a couple of "scorable" weeks

Wide Receivers

Mike Wallace (11)

Santonio Holmes (8)

Lee Evans (5)

Eric Decker (6), Domenik Hixon (7), Jordan Shipley (7), and Antonio Brown (11)

B+ for Wallace, Holmes (both in top twelve) and Evans who finally has someone who can throw it to him when he outruns coverage. Good depth behind them for both receptions and scores

Tight Ends

Jermichael Finley (8)

Aaron Hernandez (7)

Ben Watson (5)

A (bump) Finley and more than solid backups so there will be some weeks where my TE2 probably flexes

Two Kickers and Patriots DST for starters.

Overall I think that grades out to B+ because of quality and depth - but I probably like my QBs a little more than you do ;)

I'll start at the 1 spot and move thru these. Twilight is up 1st.

QB

Big Ben

Jay Cutler

B - this is pretty solid and you spent a 6.12 and 9.01 to obtain it so I also hunk you got excellent value. Don't love Cutler but in BB, he'll crack your line up 4-5 times over the season.

RB

ADP

Blount

Tolbert

Sproles

Barber

J.Rodgers

B - I think ADP and Blount will do a good job in the 1 and 2 holes. Tolbert is ideal for best ball. Sproles might see more action in NO. Not sure why he couldn't produce more in SD.

WR

Greg Jennings

Steve Johnson

Arrelious Benn

D.Bess

J.Knox

D.Moore

E.Sanders

C - Jennings is fine as the WR1, Johnson in best ball is fine but you abandon the position until round 11. I do think you found some nice late picks.

TE

D.Clark

M.Lewis

H.Miller

B+/A- I think it's pretty solid and adds a lot to what you might be missing at WR.

1 defense and a kicker, maybe that changes as the season rolls along.

Overall I would rate it at about a B/B- It's a nice team but nothing that separates you from the rest of the group IMO

Pimpin' Ain't Easy

QB

Romo

Newton

C/C- The arrogance of a Dallas fan to think they can just take Romo on the 4/5 turn and then not address it the rest of the way until you grab a rookie QB for a back up...this is weak compared to what you could have paired Romo with. In your opinion, Romo is top5 maybe higher but I don't trust him and I sure don't feel the need to go all in with him in a format where it was easy to find other QBs to help with some of the heavy lifting. Don't like the position you put yourself in.

RB

Ray Rice

S.Jax

T.Hightower

W.McGahee

R.Williams

B.Tate

"B-" Rice is solid and maybe taken a little high at the #2 spot but then I watched Rice go #1 overall in other formats and leagues. Jackson is not great but as an RB2 perhaps he can rotate in and out of the line up. Hightower and McGahee are going to make a nice combo at RB3. Like Williams and especially Ben Tate late.

WR

A.Miles

D.Bryant

S.Moss

J.Jones

J.Nelson

J.Jones

Roy Williams

B+ I like this group a lot and wanted to give them an A but the Dez Bryant pick baffles me some. I understand you think he will finish top12, and you went all in on Dallas. I don't want to paint you as a Dallas homer but for a guy that openly says I gotta stop drafting so many Cowboys...the actions would tell another story. Moss and Jones in the 3 and 4 slots will give this stable of WRs some real pop and I like the combo of Green Bay WRs. Don't like the latest news on Roy but they have little else that is wort a spit up there so he might also be a bigger part of the line up than on first glance. The grade would have been much lower but you addressed this position throughout the draft.

TE

Gonzalez

T.Beckum

D No flex options, Gonzalez is starting to slip, under 10 ypc last year.

Grades at RB and WR carray more weight, TE next, finally QB...overall I would put this at about a C+ at the moment. There is upside here and you have the pieces to make a move if you need to. If Romo ends up out for a few weeks at some point int he season you are gonna be in a world of hurt.

Okay - time for final roster and self grading and thoughts

Quarterbacks

Joe Flacco (5)

Kyle Orton (6)

C+ - well at least that's how I would grade them off Dodd's current projections, BUT I think the combination will actually score better than that. Flacco could in my opinion end up a low QB1 although right now he "projects" as a top QB1 while Orton gets a low QB2 but will certainly outscore that if he plays all year. I think the combo will outscore many.

C-/D+ Orton in a Fox offense, not that big a fan. Denver does not have high powered WRs and Flacco is one of the most middle of the road QBs in the entire league. He scores about 20 a week, not much more and mot much less. You may think thats solid but when you face someone that has real potential at the position to the tune of a 35 point game, you are going to be behind.

Running Backs

Arian Foster (11)

Felix Jones (5)

Marshawn Lynch (6)

LaDainian Tomlinson (8)

Ronnie Brown (7)

A- for Foster and Felix/Lynch combo but good depth and upside with LT2 and Brown, both of whom are likely to have a couple of "scorable" weeks

A- I also am a fan of this. Think you should have grabbed Ben Tate...Foster/Felix, really big potential with this combo. It has some serious POP in it.

Wide Receivers

Mike Wallace (11)

Santonio Holmes (8)

Lee Evans (5)

Eric Decker (6), Domenik Hixon (7), Jordan Shipley (7), and Antonio Brown (11)

B+ for Wallace, Holmes (both in top twelve) and Evans who finally has someone who can throw it to him when he outruns coverage. Good depth behind them for both receptions and scores

C This is not what you think it is. Wallace and Holmes are a terrible combination at the 1/2 spot. They are up and down, very inconsistent, they're fun when they hit but they leave a lot of holes IMO. Lee Evans...I know you like him but I don't think he is as talented as Mason was. We'll see what he does but this is not a high powered passing attack and you loaded up at QB and a starting/flex spot at WR. Decker, Hixon, Shipley, Brown...the last couple are decent but I don't like the depth here either.

Tight Ends

Jermichael Finley (8)

Aaron Hernandez (7)

Ben Watson (5)

A (bump) Finley and more than solid backups so there will be some weeks where my TE2 probably flexes

A I think Hernandez is the TE to have right now in NE. He's a far superior receiver, makes a lot of mistakes but overall in bb his 50 receptions this year will have a lot of yds and several TDs attached to it. Finley, Watson, this si a very strong tool you have at TE. It's absolutely perfect and will help you with flex spots...and looking at those WRs you're gonna need it.

Two Kickers and Patriots DST for starters.

Overall I think that grades out to B+ because of quality and depth - but I probably like my QBs a little more than you do ;)
Save me so much time by having this up already.

Overall grade "B-" I am really not a fan of the QB or WRs but you have a very strong stable of RBs and TEs so this is definitely a team with playoff aspirations.

Users who are viewing this thread