What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The investigation investigations: DOJ exonerates McCabe (1 Viewer)

My thoughts on how the IG report will be received.....  EXACTLY the same as the Mueller report.  Confirmation bias will again run rampant.  Pro-T crowd will see the negative in it that they want too and claim it proves their point and the anti-T crowd will see it as a nothingburger and claim it proves their point.   It will then get argued about for months with not one person changing their mind.  

-nostradadkp993
And who says this forum is predictable.

Give it time. He will come up with something. He is a conman. 
No matter what he does eventually come up with, it's going to reek of dishonesty and desperation.
He already has....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-claims-victory-mixed-bag-212936987.html

Trump-....“incredible, far worse than I would’ve ever thought possible” and accusing former officials of “an attempted overthrow of government.”

“It should never again happen to another president,” he said, proclaiming later that “it’s everything that a lot of people thought it would be, except far worse.”

Great observation. 
Well, there is video of him today rambling borderline incoherent bs where he says the report is much worse than anyone could have imagined.  

post truth America.  

edit: dkp beat me to it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Really though.  What possible purpose, other than political, could the statements by Barr and Durham serve?

The IG is the mechanism to investigate and report on government actions.

It's mind boggling how obviously wrong their statements were, will any Trump supporters care to dispute this?

Hoping it will be placed in large letters on his library.
What library? Are they just going to store a bunch of encrypted text messages, because it seems like that's the preferred method of communication between top officials. POTUS himself prefers only verbal communication.

What library? Are they just going to store a bunch of encrypted text messages, because it seems like that's the preferred method of communication between top officials. POTUS himself prefers only verbal communication.
The GIANT SIZED font in Crayola script Library!

*and every page includes pictures.

Some mixed messaging coming from the White House and it’s closest supporters on this: 

1. Trump claims the report proves he was right all along. 

2. Barr and Durham take issue with the report. 

So Ivanka was friends with Steele. Trump and Trump Corporation trusted Steele that they offered him a job in the 2010's???

It is Seth Abraham so I am taking it with a grain of salt. But the first part has been proven
From WaPo: >>Between 2010 and 2012, Steele discussed with Ivanka Trump the possibility that the Trump Organization might hire his business to assist with projects in Russia and China. <<

- Steele was considered by Trump Org as a possible hire.

From WaPo: >>Between 2010 and 2012, Steele discussed with Ivanka Trump the possibility that the Trump Organization might hire his business to assist with projects in Russia and China. <<

- Steele was considered by Trump Org as a possible hire.
It makes perfect sense now that Trump knew who Steele was all along.

So the Horowitz reports deals internally to the DOJ/FBI handling of crossfire hurricane. Horowitz can only talk to current FBI employees and will make judgements based on what those FBI officials/employees knew at the time.

Durham has access to all western intelligence agencies, current and past employees and cooperating foreign governments.  If they see suspect aspects/intelligence that was fed into the FBI and not vetted properly (as reported) I can see where they may come to different conclusion than Horowitz.  
Exactly.  Durham can talk with Misfud and Halper, ex-government officials, and international folks.  This is going to get ugly for the Dems.

Exactly.  Durham can talk with Misfud and Halper, ex-government officials, and international folks.  This is going to get ugly for the Dems.
I kinda doubt that, mostly because Barr has done "investigations" that don't really do anything, yet Republicans keep saying wait till the next one. No thanks, I'll take the word of a nonpartisan IG over an AG firmly in Trump's pocket.

I kinda doubt that, mostly because Barr has done "investigations" that don't really do anything, yet Republicans keep saying wait till the next one. No thanks, I'll take the word of a nonpartisan IG over an AG firmly in Trump's pocket.
And what is your take on Durham...?

Yet you also take the word of partisans like Schiff and Nadler running this Ukraine conspiracy nonsense.  Hmmmm.

Yet you also take the word of partisans like Schiff and Nadler running this Ukraine conspiracy nonsense.  Hmmmm.
I've read the memo, seen how each side acts in response, and to my novice eye, Trump is trying to hide the truth. I've said it before, but if he didn't do what he's accused of, all he has to do is show what really happened, and make the Democrats look like complete fools. He has not done so, rather, he has thrown up roadblocks every step of the way and attacked the character of everyone involved who isn't in lock step. That's not the procedure of someone who is guiltless. The partisanship of the parties in Washington is well documented, so you missed the point there. Schiff has followed the rules set up by the Republicans pretty much to the letter, whereas the Republicans have hemmed, thawed, whined and complained that they couldn't interview the WB(a violation of federal law, and who wasn't a firsthand witness), then in the same sentence want to call people who were less connected to the situation than the WB was, all the while wanting to chase pointless lines of questioning. So forgive me if I choose to not believe a word that comes out of this administration's mouth. The republicans had a chance to make this all go away. They didn't or couldn't, take your pick, and now they'll have to let the American people know just how partisan they've become.

Noonan.  You’re a smart dude.  Is there any realization on your part that you sound EXACTLY like those you have been laughing at for the past 3 years.  This is a mirror image, carbon copy, of Russiagate.  Sides and messages have just flipped 180 degrees.  

Noonan.  You’re a smart dude.  Is there any realization on your part that you sound EXACTLY like those you have been laughing at for the past 3 years.  This is a mirror image, carbon copy, of Russiagate.  Sides and messages have just flipped 180 degrees.  
The difference is this thread is 1/100th the size of the Russia thread and we actually had folks with avatars of Mueller dressed as Superman.  I am suspicious of wrong doing but am not going bonkers like the left did in the Russia thread.  I eagerly await the Durham report.

The difference is this thread is 1/100th the size of the Russia thread and we actually had folks with avatars of Mueller dressed as Superman.  I am suspicious of wrong doing but am not going bonkers like the left did in the Russia thread.  I eagerly await the Durham report.
Gosh it's almost as if 45 indictments and $45 million in recovery and counting =//= no findings of illegal wrongdoing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread