What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The investigation investigations: DOJ exonerates McCabe (1 Viewer)

Yep, that is what I am talking about.  The Durham investigation is still going on and we may see indictments or subpoenas.  Not apples to apples.
Time will tell and it will be interesting to see what is in his report when it is complete. I posted a link about Durham and he has been appointed my Democrats in the past for investigations.

I eagerly await the Durham report.
You eagerly awaited the Horowitz report too. But now that the Horowitz report failed to expose the investigation as a fraud and a sham, it is dismissed faster than Bill Belichick can say "And we're on to Cincinnati."

But... Dont Noonan and a few others promised us that the IG report was going to expose this whole investigation as a fraud and a sham! What happened? 
You are in for a rude awakening

Time will tell and it will be interesting to see what is in his report when it is complete. I posted a link about Durham and he has been appointed my Democrats in the past for investigations.
Just out of curiosity, why do you think there will be a "report"? US Attorneys don't do "reports". They do indictments. Independent and Special Counsel do reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
The difference is this thread is 1/100th the size of the Russia thread and we actually had folks with avatars of Mueller dressed as Superman.  I am suspicious of wrong doing but am not going bonkers like the left did in the Russia thread.  I eagerly await the Durham report.
Yes not doubt,  this forum is dramaticly more anti then pro Trump, so yes there will be far more anti sentiments.  But that has nothing to do with what I said which speaks to the/your messaging.  The point I’m making is your viewing things through a partisan lens that is even inch as thick as those you were laughing at about Russiangate.  And every indication (including the IG report which btw was the gold standard the pro-T crowd was waiting for until it didn’t meet the hopes) is this is going to turn out exactly like Russiangate.  Some wrong doings but nothing significant enough to rise to anything much and nothing that will change anyone’s already preformed opinions.  Everyone will point and say I told you so, and for the record everyone will likely be right.  

I’m not pointing this out to call you out or be an #######, I’m just pointing it out because I think your rational enough to not fall down the same rabbit hole that you’ve been railing against for years.

Yes not doubt,  this forum is dramaticly more anti then pro Trump, so yes there will be far more anti sentiments.  But that has nothing to do with what I said which speaks to the/your messaging.  The point I’m making is your viewing things through a partisan lens that is even inch as thick as those you were laughing at about Russiangate.  And every indication (including the IG report which btw was the gold standard the pro-T crowd was waiting for until it didn’t meet the hopes) is this is going to turn out exactly like Russiangate.  Some wrong doings but nothing significant enough to rise to anything much and nothing that will change anyone’s already preformed opinions.  Everyone will point and say I told you so, and for the record everyone will likely be right.  

I’m not pointing this out to call you out or be an #######, I’m just pointing it out because I think your rational enough to not fall down the same rabbit hole that you’ve been railing against for years.

The Horowitz report showed gross incompetence in the FBI and liberals are celebrating it for some reason.   :shrug:   Once Durham reveals conversations with Misfud is where it will get interesting.

It's condescending. I can think for myself and don't have things "baked in" to my thoughts.
Hey I apologize then. No problem, certainly didn't mean to offend. - eta - I think I actually intended to complement you by pointing out you had been following the subject.

The Horowitz report showed gross incompetence in the FBI and liberals are celebrating it for some reason.   :shrug:   Once Durham reveals conversations with Misfud is where it will get interesting.
I’m confused what Misfud is supposed to expose now? Wasn’t he supposed to be a double agent sent in to entrap the Trump campaign so that they could open the investigation? The IG report confirmed that he wasn’t an American asset. So what is the angle now? This is a legit question because I’m not sure what else he was supposed to offer.

Come to think of it, it probably is.  I know northerners get really upset with "bless your heart" and calling everyone "darling" and "pal/buddy/etc."  That's probably something else they get upset about - saying "goodness" and "gosh."  Must be very tense being a yankee.

Again partisan view points.  It showed mistakes, yes.  It also showed appropriate actions taken.  EXACTLY like the Mueller report there’s enough there in both reports for each side to focus on but not enough to move the needle.  Now the GOP is saying that NEXT thing is going to be the thing that shows how the left was wrong. Sound familiar?   

How all of you on either side can’t see how you’re doing the exact same things and making exact saying arguments I just can’t get my head around.  

So... the Deep State is so DEEP that Comey, Mueller, McCabe, Wray, Durham are all in on it.  Then you have that Steele guy pretend to befriend Ivanka and give her special gifts but was a deep state spy the whole time.  I guess we'll soon find out if Horowitz has been DEEP penetrated too.  

So... the Deep State is so DEEP that Comey, Mueller, McCabe, Wray, Durham are all in on it.  Then you have that Steele guy pretend to befriend Ivanka and give her special gifts but was a deep state spy the whole time.  I guess we'll soon find out if Horowitz has been DEEP penetrated too.  
You got your players confused. 

After yesterday and today, I am dying to know what Durham has already uncovered. He’s got the goods. No way he would’ve spoken out. And Barr today. They have to have seen and heard some major league stuff. 

Text messages sent on government issues phone are treated as public record and there was likely a consent to monitor form.
1. That's not necessarily true, that depends on the content of the text message; 

2. You appear to be speculating about consent;

3. Monitoring isn't the issue.  Dissemination is.

1. That's not necessarily true, that depends on the content of the text message; 

2. You appear to be speculating about consent;

3. Monitoring isn't the issue.  Dissemination is.
I'm not sure it depends on content.  Whatever I do on my government system is free game for the government to view or archive.  Why is dissemination an issue?  Everything went through the declass process.

I'm not sure it depends on content.  Whatever I do on my government system is free game for the government to view or archive.  Why is dissemination an issue?  Everything went through the declass process.
This is all in flux and very state (and federal) dependent, but in general: 

private issue communications on private devices are private
public issue communications on public devices are public
public issue communications on private devices are public
many times private issue communications on public devices are private.

Basically, even if the government in question has a right to look at/know the content of/review whatever it is, that doesn't give the government the right to call reporters in to the office in the middle of the night and let them review screenshots of that information, telling them they can't use the DOJ (or whoever) as a source in their stories.

Your address, social security number, medical histories (maybe) are also public record, but it's not the public record - the kind of record that they can just hand out to reporters.  The Privacy Act is meant to protect government employees from having personal information disseminated.  This very well may have been a criminal act.  

This is all in flux and very state (and federal) dependent, but in general: 

private issue communications on private devices are private
public issue communications on public devices are public
public issue communications on private devices are public
many times private issue communications on public devices are private.

Basically, even if the government in question has a right to look at/know the content of/review whatever it is, that doesn't give the government the right to call reporters in to the office in the middle of the night and let them review screenshots of that information, telling them they can't use the DOJ (or whoever) as a source in their stories.

Your address, social security number, medical histories (maybe) are also public record, but it's not the public record - the kind of record that they can just hand out to reporters.  The Privacy Act is meant to protect government employees from having personal information disseminated.  This very well may have been a criminal act.  
Both Page and Strozk were on government cell phones as government employees, so I assume that adds another layer to work through. 

Were there any texts released that did not in some way involve something work related?  Can a government device to government device communication be considered private?

What is your take on the Impeachment report disseminating Solomons and Rudy's phone records?  Solomon's call/calls weren't even to a public official. 

Both Page and Strozk were on government cell phones as government employees, so I assume that adds another layer to work through. 

Were there any texts released that did not in some way involve something work related?  Can a government device to government device communication be considered private?

What is your take on the Impeachment report disseminating Solomons and Rudy's phone records?  Solomon's call/calls weren't even to a public official. 
The government employee thing is assumed in the general analysis I typed.  

Texts that were arguably quite private and definitely the content of private messages (if not the actual messages) have been described by the administration to the press, and members of the press apparently got to view quite a bit of the record surreptitiously.  And yes, government device to government device communication can be considered private in the sense we're talking about here.

The existence of a call is of a different character than the content of a written communication.  Phone records are treated quite differently from text printouts.

The government employee thing is assumed in the general analysis I typed.  

Texts that were arguably quite private and definitely the content of private messages (if not the actual messages) have been described by the administration to the press, and members of the press apparently got to view quite a bit of the record surreptitiously.  And yes, government device to government device communication can be considered private in the sense we're talking about here.

The existence of a call is of a different character than the content of a written communication.  Phone records are treated quite differently from text printouts.
So there is no issue releasing a private citizen to private citizen phone records by the government?

And because I don't know the answer, who was the person that released the texts to the public?

Well in the part I heard he lied. He said that the FBI "spied" on Trump's campaign. That didn't happen. It's very sad to have our Attorney General lie. In some ways that's worse than the President lying.
So maddening. Tim, it’s all over the IG report that they spied. 

Users who are viewing this thread