What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Joe Rogan Experience (2 Viewers)

I'm not outraged.  I just don't understand how you can take a dog in and let her sleep next to you for eight years and then give her up during what will likely be her last couple of years. 

When he took the dog in he took the responsibility of the dog for life.  That's what happens when you get a dog.  You don't get rid of it because it's not convenient or doesn't fit into your plans.

I don't want to hijack the topic completely.  Given all the integrity soapbox #### Bill talks it seemed un characteristic of him. 

i'm not a giant fan of his ####y wife either and she's been more prevalent.
He gave up a dog he had for 8 years?  Oof.  

Another recommendation for you to check out Hancock and Carlson. I want to eat up what they are saying, but my gut tells me that someone far smarter than myself could debunk a lot of what they present.

Also, if you want to go deep into nutrition nerd-dom, check out episodes with Dr. Rhonda Patrick. 
I'm a JRE fan, but wanted to 2nd that Rhonda is such an important listen/follow on twitter imo.  I'm growing broccoli sprouts now, never thought I'd be that dude.  Rogan is the ####.

I've been jumping back and forth on episodes, but really loved the last couple that I listened to:  Hunter Maats (#897) and Jordan Peterson (#877).   Had a hard time following Hunter during the last 30mins or so, but was really interested in the talks on culture.  Going to check out one of the books he recommended. 

Neil deGrasse Tyson was great too.

I will say that when you take them off being sped up, they sound like slow stoners.  Sped up they seem quick and witty.  I can't listen slow anymore. Haha

I've been jumping back and forth on episodes, but really loved the last couple that I listened to:  Hunter Maats (#897) and Jordan Peterson (#877).   Had a hard time following Hunter during the last 30mins or so, but was really interested in the talks on culture.  Going to check out one of the books he recommended. 

Thank you. 

Others please share when you hear a good JRE episode. I think he's closing in or has over 1000 of them so some of the better ones will get lost.

One of my favorite podcasts (pending guests).  This one would have been so much better if they weren't yelling over each other half the time - I think that is more of a function of Alex Jones than Rogan, as his interviews are usually not that loud.  

If you like that interview, my favorites have been with Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson or when they are both on together.  Talking about global catastrophes 10,000 years ago, Gobleki Tepe (sp?), civilizations that were around then, etc..   I think there was one a 2-3 years ago with just Carlson where he was talking about what it would have been like when the impact hit North America and it's just nuts to imagine that there would have been human living through it. (I think it's episode #501) I eat this stuff up though. 

In the same vein as Alex Jones, I remember the Jesse Ventura episode being decent too. 
:blackdot:   

In that Jordan Peterson  one he calls out Sam Harris for some of Harris' beliefs.  Harris ended up having Peterson on his own podcast, which was solid. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In that Jordan Peterson  one he calls out Sam Harris for some of Harris' beliefs.  Harris ended up having Peterson on his own podcast, which was solid. 
Huh, I guess I don't remember him doing it, but that was a large part that lost me at the end of Hunter's episode was Joe trying to get him to unpack his statements about Harris and Dawkins. 

I just google searched for opinions of the best episodes of the JRE to see if I missed any.  Here are some that seem to come up a bit:

#142 - Graham Hancock

#108 - Joey Diaz

#725 - Hancock/Carlson

#822 - Chael Sonnen

#599 & 472 - Shane Smith

#170 - Michael Ruppert (this is one I missed and sounds Alex Jones level crazy)

#670 - Michael Wood

#536 - Joe Quirk (another I missed and will have to check out)

#502 - Dr. Rhonda Patrick

670 Michael Wood is exceptional.

The former Marine and Baltimore Police officer has some  excellent insight and stories into the war on drugs and guns.

Just remembered another one that I really liked - #566 w/ Sue Aikens.  She is the subject of the show "Life Below Zero" if you have seen that on Nat Geo. 

The former Marine and Baltimore Police officer has some excellent insight and stories into the war on drugs and guns.
Yea, this was a good one. The story of him staking out drug dealers for days on end and coming to the realization that he wasn't much different than them stuck out to me. He also does a good job of breaking down systemic issues in the police force.

As for what I'd recommend, Sam Harris #641. The entire discussion about AI is fascinatingly scary.

The Carlson podcasts interesting.  Almost take the stance we barely contribute or warming is better then the inevitable cooling.

I listened to the Peterson one on JRE, but didn't know he appeared on the Sam Harris podcast.  Never listened to his, but I have a couple downloaded on my phone to check out in the future.

I take lots of long drives for work and these are great to listen to in the car.  I may cancel my Sirius XM subscription.  I haven't listened to music in months,

I find that I like the expert guests more than regular chatty guest, if that makes any sense.

Neil degrass Tyson, for example, was amazing. Whitney Cummings, while fun, I learned nothing from.

Did Neil D Tyson do another one with Joe recently, or are you all talking about the one from several years ago? 

I find that I like the expert guests more than regular chatty guest, if that makes any sense.

Neil degrass Tyson, for example, was amazing. Whitney Cummings, while fun, I learned nothing from.
Agree.  I still really like the ones like Cummings for some laughs.  I do find some insights to stand up interesting, and I always like to put personalities to people that I see on TV for whatever reason. 

The former Marine and Baltimore Police officer has some  excellent insight and stories into the war on drugs and guns.
I couldn't remember if I had heard that one, so I listened this morning.  My memory is poor, so I remembered some things and other things were new (I do have a bad habit of listening while I go to sleep or play video games, so I am sure I miss stuff sometimes). 

I really enjoyed this one too.  Really loved his takes and insight into the gun debate. 

My book queue has grown a lot over the past couple weeks from the podcast too, which is great.  I have Black Redneck/White Liberal, Why Men Earn More, The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace, Ordinary Men, and Coming of Age in the Other America sitting at home to be read. 

I guess I have too much time on my hands.  I don't understand the need to 2x the podcast. 
I kind of slipped down the path when I saw someone mention it on here.  My podcast player had the option, so I tried it out.  I first started at 1.2x and couldn't tell much of a difference.  Then I went to 1.5 for a while, then 1.7, and now I'm at 2.0.   you can watch YouTubes like that too.  It has damaged me.  Nothing my wife tells me ever registers, it's like she's too slow.  My mind can only handle things now if I am multi-tasking, and going fast.

I guess I have too much time on my hands.  I don't understand the need to 2x the podcast. 
I kind of slipped down the path when I saw someone mention it on here.  My podcast player had the option, so I tried it out.  I first started at 1.2x and couldn't tell much of a difference.  Then I went to 1.5 for a while, then 1.7, and now I'm at 2.0.   you can watch YouTubes like that too.  It has damaged me.  Nothing my wife tells me ever registers, it's like she's too slow.  My mind can only handle things now if I am multi-tasking, and going fast.

Mini hijack, but in the Rogan universe.

Sam Harris #25 has a former cop who is/was a tactical trainer for LAPD.

It's crazy the similarities between what this cat says about police training and what Michael Wood said. Incoming police are so poorly trained because they need to push them through the academy.

His  analogy was "imagine if i trained you to drive a stick shift VW Bug. Then I'm going to send you to Europe to race in a grand prix. That's what these police get thrown into"

Users who are viewing this thread