What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Joe Rogan Experience (3 Viewers)

Just listened to this one today.  Very good and aligns with my beliefs nicely so it gets my gold star of approval. 
For sure.  It's refreshing to hear somebody talking about the topic in a reasonable manner and not going the militant "men suck" route.  Between her and Jordon Peterson, it makes you really think about college and what it going on there.  I really should check out here youtube stuff and see if she is out there in other mediums too.

For sure.  It's refreshing to hear somebody talking about the topic in a reasonable manner and not going the militant "men suck" route.  Between her and Jordon Peterson, it makes you really think about college and what it going on there.  I really should check out here youtube stuff and see if she is out there in other mediums too.
Both her and Peterson mentioned the death of the traditional university via mediums like Youtube.  

Both her and Peterson mentioned the death of the traditional university via mediums like Youtube.  
Yeah, I think they both had points about the internet making colleges more and more antiquated.  Of course the colleges still have the clout and you need that for employment, but it's a fair point that with sooo much information at our fingertips actually going to a college is more and more pointless (especially when you factor in the stupid tution prices and it being the only thing people can't default on).  It will be an interesting discussion to have with my son when he is in H.S.

I scanned a couple of the "best of" lists for the JRE and Hancock and Graham come up a lot.  Here are the episodes they are on if anybody is interested (I looked b/c I didn't think I have heard the older ones with Hancock)

Graham Hancock - #s 142, 360, 417, and 551

Randall Carlson - #s 501, 606

Both of them  - #s 725, 872
I love this podcast. I will check these out.

Agree.  I can't think of many that are political based, actually.  Shane Smith is about the only one that sticks out off the top of my head. 
The Mike Baker ones come to mind for me. I dont really mind them though as I find Baker funny but he may not be for everyone.

Listened to the 4 1/2 hour monster episode with Sam Harris (#804).  He has to be one of my favorite people to listen to.  Insanely smart and articulate and always speaks in a calm manner that draws you in.  Scary stuff he was talking about AI and loved his take on Trump too.  Have just started listening to his podcast as well. 

Oh man.  Anybody who enjoyed them some Alex Jones should enjoy Michael Ruppert as well (#170, #217).   Granted, he doesn't get to interdimensional child molesters, but there is still a bit of who did 9/11, Pat Tillman, and other stuff. 

Did he smoke any blunts with Joe?

Watched the Ron White one.  That boy was seriously eff'd up by the end of that one...between the pot and the JD, :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the more interesting points that came out of the Arian Foster episode was the discussion of paying NCAA athletes.  Foster offered a nice counterpoint to the "but you're there for an education" argument.  His own experience trying to major in Astronomy was shot down because the classes conflicted with his practice schedule.

Love the Jim Norton one.  I relate so much to him (although I express myself, uh, quite differently than he does).

"It was... a pony" around 90 minute mark had me dying.

I've been listening too this for a long time (pre Fleshlight) and it's a staple for me. The best way to enjoy it, IMO, is on in the background. Driving, cooking, cleaning, in the garage, etc. If you're focused on it too much the weird breaks in the conversation are infuriating and some of the topics are repeated many times. Redban used to be the worst for this. 

For anyone that's just getting into these, I'd say just listen to them ones coming out and work backwards. Also, give people that you don't care about their expertise a shot. Either you learn something new or they will side track into something unrelated and interesting. However, MMA, hunting and non-reoccurring comedians are very skippable after you've listen to one or two.

The only one that I feel is a must is #95. The first one with Bert Kreischer because it's the one where he tells the (awesome) story about getting his nickname. It's the only one I feel the back story is important going forward. 

The ones with Rick Ross #208, #262, #323 (the drug kingpin, not the rapper) are good.  I actually haven't listened to #323 yet, but I assume it will be good.

I've been enjoying the Arian Foster episode, and just scanning his list of guests, holy crap, I'll be a regular listener for the foreseeable future just to catch up. But it needs to be said, this dude is an acquired taste, the pods are way too long because he goes off on so many tangents, and the bro/doosh factor is cringeworthy at times. I wish he would ditch his self-conscious attempts to remain cool to the MMA stoner dude crowd when he goes into more intellectual topics, because he is actually informed and insightful and intellectually curious. It gets uncomfortable when he does a bong rip during the Foster conversation, and then at times it feel like Foster is humoring him and alternating between bemusement and boredom as the topics bounce around and Rogan rambles on about the moon landing. Although, if you imagine it's 2AM and you're sitting in your garage with your next door neighbor after way too many beers and just riffing on world affairs, it definitely works.

I've been enjoying the Arian Foster episode, and just scanning his list of guests, holy crap, I'll be a regular listener for the foreseeable future just to catch up. But it needs to be said, this dude is an acquired taste, the pods are way too long because he goes off on so many tangents, and the bro/doosh factor is cringeworthy at times. I wish he would ditch his self-conscious attempts to remain cool to the MMA stoner dude crowd when he goes into more intellectual topics, because he is actually informed and insightful and intellectually curious. It gets uncomfortable when he does a bong rip during the Foster conversation, and then at times it feel like Foster is humoring him and alternating between bemusement and boredom as the topics bounce around and Rogan rambles on about the moon landing. Although, if you imagine it's 2AM and you're sitting in your garage with your next door neighbor after way too many beers and just riffing on world affairs, it definitely works.
I do think the past few episodes I have listened to (of the newer ones) have suffered a little bit from him rehashing topics and talking about guests that were on recently with the person he is talking about now.  It seems like all of the podcasts are 2 1/2 - 3 hours, but not all the guest have the ability to fill that time up. 

Julie Kedsie was good. She had some great stories. But when they get political and philosophical, it gets boring.

Not sure who said Alex Jones was relatively sane for the first hour. I'm ten minutes in and he's already said Trump is getting the special interests out of government, Hillary and Obama financed jihadists, and there's no Russian connection to Wikileaks. 

I'm trying to hang in but this guy's voice and entire affect is so unbelievably vile and irritating.

Not sure who said Alex Jones was relatively sane for the first hour. I'm ten minutes in and he's already said Trump is getting the special interests out of government, Hillary and Obama financed jihadists, and there's no Russian connection to Wikileaks. 

I'm trying to hang in but this guy's voice and entire affect is so unbelievably vile and irritating.
You gotta stick around until the end, it only gets crazier and then even crazier. 

Most recent one with Justin Wren is pretty great. A very interesting guy.

Had the pleasure of meeting him before his troubles with addiction and seeing how he has rallied back and now really doing some life changing #### is incredible.

You gotta stick around until the end, it only gets crazier and then even crazier. 
OMG he's absolutely bat####!!!! :lmao:  Good god.

Here's what I'd like to understand -- when this was recorded, he was referring to Comet Pizza as an innocent establishment that was a victim of a mainstream media disinformation campaign to distract from the "facts" of Podesta's pedophilia ring (I guess because everyone would find the whole thing so absurd it would all be discredited despite the kernels of truth implicating Podesta and his accomplices). Putting aside how   :tinfoilhat: that is, isn't he now slandering Comet Pizza with these accusations? At what point did he change his tune on their involvement?

And he has 40 million listeners a week?!?!!?!!!

Here's what I'd like to understand -- when this was recorded, he was referring to Comet Pizza as an innocent establishment that was a victim of a mainstream media disinformation campaign to distract from the "facts" of Podesta's pedophilia ring (I guess because everyone would find the whole thing so absurd it would all be discredited despite the kernels of truth implicating Podesta and his accomplices). Putting aside how   :tinfoilhat: that is, isn't he now slandering Comet Pizza with these accusations? At what point did he change his tune on their involvement?
No he issued a public apology (presumably under threat of lawsuit) to Comet Pizza on Friday, re-asserting that they should not have been implicated in the pedo stuff. The "Pizzagate" name had nothing to do with Comet Pizza.  It was named that because of alleged pizza-related pedo code words in the Podesta emails. Though I'm sure that led some internet sleuths to look more closely at pizza places than they might have looked at Comet Dry Cleaners or Comet Shoes.

No he issued a public apology (presumably under threat of lawsuit) to Comet Pizza on Friday, re-asserting that they should not have been implicated in the pedo stuff. The "Pizzagate" name had nothing to do with Comet Pizza.  It was named that because of alleged pizza-related pedo code words in the Podesta emails. Though I'm sure that led some internet sleuths to look more closely at pizza places than they might have looked at Comet Dry Cleaners or Comet Shoes.
But before the apology he was slandering the place, and according to the Pizzagate thread, even after the apology he teased some explosive new evidence about to be revealed? I guess it's pointless to try to unravel all of this since he's clearly nuts, but it's kind of fascinating in a perverse way.

But before the apology he was slandering the place, and according to the Pizzagate thread, even after the apology he teased some explosive new evidence about to be revealed? I guess it's pointless to try to unravel all of this since he's clearly nuts, but it's kind of fascinating in a perverse way.
Oh I don't know. Maybe he did.  Pretty sure the "explosive new evidence" was pedo/pizzagate related not Comet related though.

Calling Jones a friend definitely knocks Rogan down several notches in my book. The guy is certifiable and this stuff he spews that millions of people apparently lap up without any critical thought is beyond despicable, especially when innocent people get their reputations trashed.

Absolutely love Alex Jones. It's like listening to the greatest movie ever. You know its fake, you know its a total train wreck, but you enjoy ever damn second of it. 

Calling Jones a friend definitely knocks Rogan down several notches in my book. The guy is certifiable and this stuff he spews that millions of people apparently lap up without any critical thought is beyond despicable, especially when innocent people get their reputations trashed.
Come on, we all have that one crazy friend.  Calling him a friend <> believing all his stuff.  He admits how nutty he is in other podcasts.  

McGarnicle said:
If you listen to Rogan enough, you'll see he doesn't believe half of the stuff Jones spews and often makes fun of it.  I'm sure a lot of it is schtick anyway. 

Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Absolutely love Alex Jones. It's like listening to the greatest movie ever. You know its fake, you know its a total train wreck, but you enjoy ever damn second of it. 
I got totally played with the Alex Jones interview.   It was the first time I ever heard the guy and he was a lot more rationale than he is normally  He sounded pretty convincing with the voter fraud and the child abuse rings and Joe giving him some credibility didn't help.   I did enjoy the interview a lot but it was a bit before I realized he was full of crap.  

McGarnicle said:
Rogan talks to people from all over the spectrum. And since he's just a comedian/entertainer and not a journalist, I don't think having any particular guest affects his reputation much.

Users who are viewing this thread