What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

the london game, mia vs no (5 Viewers)

I’m pretty sure the pass to Parker was on 2nd and long. Didn’t get the first down so it would have been 3rd down. Taking the free first down there was probably the right call. Especially with how bad Miami has been on 3rd down. 
My bad - you're right. 1st and 25 they hit Landry for 7 yards. It was 2nd & 18

That was mostly on Cutler, but Thomas has not been impressive thus far in a Miami uniform. 
Sure, cutler telegraphed the pass from the start, but no excuse for that effort level by Thomas. DB was in his pocket the whole route - and ran it with more determination than Thomas. And Thomas has significant size/weight advantage. 

Thomas looked great in the preseason. Shows how worthless watching preseason is.

Wouldn't QBs have a second helmet just in case any technical issues occur?

Saints side works so it must be something with equipment?

the rule is ....if one side cant helmet communicate, the other side has to shut it off
Ah - ok, that explains it. They'd said Payton was pissed about it so I assumed they were also glitched.

i wonder if the dolphins sabotaged their equipment to slow down the Saints? :lol:  

Also head scratching over this:

1st & 25

22 yard pass to Parker. Defensive holding. 

Do you accept and gain 5 yards and automatic 1st down? Or decline, take the 22 yards and it's 2nd & 3? 

I would think improving field position by +17 yards would be worth the loss of down. 

Confused as to why they accepted the penalty. 
I believe it was 2nd down that they completed the pass to Parker on (competed a 6 yard pass to Landry on 1st and 25).  So they took 1st and 10 instead of 3rd and 3 while giving up 11 yards of field position.  I think it was probably the right call.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it was 2nd down that they completed the pass to Parker on (competed a 6 yard pass to Landry on 1st and 25).  So they took 1st and 10 instead of 3rd and 3 while giving up 11 yards of field position.  I think it was probably the right call.
Yep. 2nd & 18 after the 7 yard pass to Landry. 

After the pathetic attempt at football vs the Jets last week, the Dolphins have shown they have zero heart, nothing in this game has changed that.

After the pathetic attempt at football vs the Jets last week, the Dolphins have shown they have zero heart, nothing in this game has changed that.
Its a team effort. Especially Gase and his offense. The Dolphins were lucky to be 10-6 last year and they had a very easy schedule. They should be 0-2 this year. The remaining schedule includes NE (x2), Atl, Oak, @Car, @Bal, KC, Den, TB, Tenn. Miami will only be favored in home games against the Bills and Jets.

Wouldn't QBs have a second helmet just in case any technical issues occur?

Saints side works so it must be something with equipment?
I believe it's illegal to have more than one helmet now, reason why throwback unis/helmets aren't used anymore. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Yeah, just keep feeding that has been. Brees just lighting it up in a 5-star matchup! LOVE these London games!!

I've learned that anytime the Saints say someone looks amazing in the preseason it usually means he's underperforming.... Adrian Peterson

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s amazing to me at least, how much of a better product the college game is these days. If it wasn’t for fantasy football and gambling, the NFL would be struggling. No doubt in my mind. 

to be fair the first down play to Landry was a good play. It just came back on a bad flag
These penalties are what kills the game for me.   The penalty could have been holding on the defense.   Instead it is called on the O which negates a first down, stops the clock, drags out the game and stops Mia from putting together an interesting drive.    Terrible officiating occurs in almost every game.  

Users who are viewing this thread