What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**The Official Randall 'touchdown robber' Cobber Bandwagon** (4 Viewers)

randall the drunken sconie cobber might get robbered if he puts the ball on the turf like he did last year and he will be out of the starting lineup faster then brett the wiener texter farve and you can take that to the bank ugly stepchilds to the east drunk on the milwaukee beast brohans

Two points to be made:

1. Cobb may easily be a solid WR3, possibly even a WR2 this year in RETURN leagues. Standard leagues, I think he needs an injury to Jennings or Driver to be reliable.

2. For SWC, Dodge Challenger bro... han. :drive:

as a Cobb owner in just about every dynasty team, i have a vested interest in his progress.

i have to admit being a little disappointed that Driver came back, but don't think that Cobb will have trouble passing him on the depth chart this year. Jones has always concerned me (see my Jordy Nelson post), and i see him as a bigger threat to Cobb's snap count.

IF Cobb can jump past both of them to be the slot guy, then he is a viable starter THIS season.

Looking at some PPR numbers from last year:

#36 WR was 65/771/3 for 160 points

#42 WR was 44/612/8 for 153 points

So to be a starter in a start 3WR league (forgetting about flex for the moment), he would need to score about 10/game. What may be frustrating is that he could be a hot and cold player depending on matchups. I got nothing but radio silence when I asked about home/road splits for FF, noting that Finley sucked at home, while Nelson kicked ### there. Small sample size? Sure. But I also like NO WRs more at home, too, especailly Moore... but I digest.

I think the GB will be on a mission from God this year and will scortch the earth a la NE.

Working back from Rodgers numbers the past four years, i am comfortable projecting about 350 completions, 4400 yards and 40 TDs. Divide them up any way you see fit. Conservatively, I see Cobb at 55/700/6 PLUS (which gets him to 161 points) plus some rushing stats. So if he gets 5 passes a game and catches 68%, we get to 55 receptions. Normally, I wouldn't project that high of a completion percentage, but hearing how they might use him in the slot, backfield, etc. I see him being utilized close to the LoS. Plus AR has completed 66% and 68% of his passes the past two years.

GB will then have to lock him up at a discount like they did with Nelson to ensure a continuity [re: Rodger's happiness].

Plus I've been getting tons of offers for him, so the hype is getting out of control. He turns 22 this month and has the best QB in the game, so maybe the hype is deserved:-)

I see Cobb as a decent bye week replacement, but he won't be consistent enough to run out there every week. He will have a couple big games and a bunch of stinkers.

Last edited by a moderator:
'griff321 said:
randall the drunken sconie cobber might get robbered if he puts the ball on the turf like he did last year and he will be out of the starting lineup faster then brett the wiener texter farve and you can take that to the bank ugly stepchilds to the east drunk on the milwaukee beast brohans
i think maybe a peace of the roof fell off and hit you on the head brohan you might want to go and see a doctor sure you becha doncha know

'LawFitz said:
Two points to be made:1. Cobb may easily be a solid WR3, possibly even a WR2 this year in RETURN leagues. Standard leagues, I think he needs an injury to Jennings or Driver to be reliable.2. For SWC, Dodge Challenger bro... han. :drive:
i used to have an old 63 amc rambler and it was a total sleeper man i loved that car three on the tree and she went like a bat straight out of hell super light car for the time and mine had the 287 8 and man it just went i loved that baby and it was good for taking to the drive in that is for damned sure and i think cobber the touchdown robber would be a lot like that rambler just a sleeper you think it will be one thing and then pow zoom it is streaking right past some cat like he standing still and counting chickens and meanwhile me in the rambler would be impressing all the paper shakers and that is the word from the bird right there brohans

I'm driving this damn bus, for what it's worth. I LOVE Cobb, and it's MY OPINION that his long term value is displacing Jordy Nelson as an every down player. Maybe sooner than we think. His play will start earning him targets in the present, that will cut into both Jennings and Nelson's production. Good thing the Packers' Passing Offense can support 3 Top 30 WR (I project Cobb to end the season in the WR 22-32 range) and a Top 12 TE. I'm with the guys who think the Packers are going to absolutely smash the Offensive Record Book this year. I'd pass on Jennings and Nelson right now in redraft to land Cobb where he's going relative to them. His stats won't be far off by year's end, and the per-game #'s will rise as the season goes on...

...just my .02...

I'm driving this damn bus, for what it's worth. I LOVE Cobb, and it's MY OPINION that his long term value is displacing Jordy Nelson as an every down player. Maybe sooner than we think. His play will start earning him targets in the present, that will cut into both Jennings and Nelson's production. Good thing the Packers' Passing Offense can support 3 Top 30 WR (I project Cobb to end the season in the WR 22-32 range) and a Top 12 TE. I'm with the guys who think the Packers are going to absolutely smash the Offensive Record Book this year. I'd pass on Jennings and Nelson right now in redraft to land Cobb where he's going relative to them. His stats won't be far off by year's end, and the per-game #'s will rise as the season goes on......just my .02...
:hifive:

'griff321 said:
I am Chazzhawk and I approve this message!

'Donsmith753 said:
'Detroit Revival said:
I like what we're doing here but you've got a long way to go to match the D.Moore thread from last year.
One minute you're with us, then you're not.You in or out?

:thumbup:
I was all in on Moore last year and I'm sure Cobb will find his way onto my team in my money league. So, yea I'm in. The Denarius Moore thread was 30 pages I believe. The "you've" in my statement is to everyone on the boards. I'll help though :thumbup: The 30 page Moore thread in all its gloryJust looking over the 1st page you've got a guy excited about trading Britt for Cobb and Bernard Scott in Dynasty. :popcorn: :thumbup:

'Meatwad Reloaded said:
'Donsmith753 said:
Get on board before its too late.

High end WR3 production this year before a top 15 season next year.

Buy buy buy in Dynasty.

:popcorn:
I say high end #1 production by the end of this year! I see Rodgers throwing for 50 with Cobb seeing 10 of those, along with 6 tds on the ground and 1 passing.

75/1100/10 with 500/6 and 100/1...book it!!!!

Add in 3 punt returns for tds also. That will average him about 21 a game.
Donald Driver is putting on a show in camp. That said Cobb is doing well too but too many drops.

They are also using him as the holder for field goals giving defenses something to worry about. He used to be a QB and can throw.

WR1 later? Maybe but DJ Williams has been putting on a show at TE too. Not enough balls to go around.

'Meatwad Reloaded said:
'Donsmith753 said:

Buy buy buy in Dynasty.

I say high end #1 production by the end of this year! I see Rodgers throwing for 50 with Cobb seeing 10 of those, along with 6 tds on the ground and 1 passing.

Donald Driver is putting on a show in camp. That said Cobb is doing well too but too many drops.

They are also using him as the holder for field goals giving defenses something to worry about. He used to be a QB and can throw.

WR1 later? Maybe but DJ Williams has been putting on a show at TE too. Not enough balls to go around.
The legend of the Cobber will haunt all the dreams of NFC North foes this year; The Legend of Robber Cobber

Balls will swing, to and fro

The Cobber dances in the flow

Touchdowns glide like Chick Fil A

giving pluggers to the gays

ARod will sling the ball around

but Cobber dances, scores abound

Come Finley, come Jennings, come Driver

he calls

But Cobber's the man who pulls in the balls

The Packers will ride to the Super Bowl

with all of their foes licking taint for the show

And all in the end

the Cobber stands clear

a pro bowl he has

MVP will be near.

By Santa.

'Meatwad Reloaded said:
'Donsmith753 said:

Buy buy buy in Dynasty.

The legend of the Cobber will haunt all the dreams of NFC North foes this year; The Legend of Robber Cobber

Balls will swing, to and fro

The Cobber dances in the flow

Touchdowns glide like Chick Fil A

giving pluggers to the gays

ARod will sling the ball around

but Cobber dances, scores abound

Come Finley, come Jennings, come Driver

he calls

But Cobber's the man who pulls in the balls

The Packers will ride to the Super Bowl

with all of their foes licking taint for the show

And all in the end

the Cobber stands clear

a pro bowl he has

MVP will be near.

By Santa.
Bravo sir

what tune are you supposed to sing that song to because i keep trying to sing it to the ballad of the green berets and it does not work so help a brohan out with name that tune in 4 notes and anyone even though it is cool you made up a song some of the words in there i could not sing out loud sometimes my mom comes over to watch the game and if i was singing about taints and stuff i am pretty sure she would have a gripper right then and thereand wonder where i had pickedup that kind of language and explaining what a fantasy football is or a message board is to her jeez i might as well go talk to my chimney flue for a couple of hours it would be pretty painful some of her generation is not as hip to this stuff as mine but anyhow back to the topic i agree with your song sentiment so i salute you and you sir should probably be called ludwig von meatwadven aruond these parts so take it to the bank and i hope you have a good day out there brohan

Wide receiver Randall Cobb

Attempts to land the starting job.

As Rodgers flings his balls around

Cobb's preps his hands to be bounty bound.

He snaggles one ball, two ball, three.

But the fourth hits the ground, unexpectedly.

Jennings looks at Finley, at Nelson and Driver

This kid ain't a 1, he's a pure # fiver.

So kids, as usual it is plain to see,

The member on bath salts is SWC.

Exeunt.

Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true

Donald Driver was the devil

Cobb was an architect previous to his career as a prophet

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world

So there was only one thing that I could do

Was cobb a bobb dang my dang a long ling long

Cobb bobb a dobb bong bing bong

Ticky ticky thought of a gun

Everytime I try to do it all now baby

Am I on the run

Why why why why why baby

If it's so evil then?

Give me my time, with all my power

Give it to me all again (wow)

Cobb bobb a dobb a dong dong ding dong

Every where I go

Everytime you tell me baby

When I settle down

Got to get me a WR3

And hold my world around

Why why why why?

Cobb bobb dobba dong dong ding dong

Dingy dingy son of a gun

Half my time I tell you baby

Never am I all for sure

Why why why why why baby

Sicky sicky from within

Everytime I stick you in

You're a wild wild little town hitch

Now how 'bout cobb a bobb dobb dong dong ling long

Dingy a dingy Cobb a down

Everytime you tell me baby

When I settle down

Got to get me a WR3

And hold my world around

Why why why why?

In my cobb a bing a bing a bing bong

A sticky sticky son of a gun

Ding a danga danga cobb bobb ding dong

Why why never know

Why why wack a cobb a bang bing bong

Then you take it on the bill

bing bang bong don't dong

Whoa!

I wanna love ya!

Why why why, why why darling

Do you do you tell me to play?

Half the time I talk about it all now baby

You know what I'm talkin' about I said

Why why why it'll

Ticky ticky ticky ticky

Son of a gun

Cobb bobb bong a bong bong bing bong

Ticky ticky thought of a gun

Bing bing bang a bang a bang bing bong bing a bing bang a bong

Binga bing a bang a bong bong bing bong bing banga bong

Bing bing bang a bong bong bing bing binga binga banga bong

Bing bing bang a bang bang bing bong

Cobb built my team

It's a love affair

Mainly Cobb and my hot rod

what tune are you supposed to sing that song to because i keep trying to sing it to the ballad of the green berets and it does not work so help a brohan out with name that tune in 4 notes and anyone even though it is cool you made up a song some of the words in there i could not sing out loud sometimes my mom comes over to watch the game and if i was singing about taints and stuff i am pretty sure she would have a gripper right then and thereand wonder where i had pickedup that kind of language and explaining what a fantasy football is or a message board is to her jeez i might as well go talk to my chimney flue for a couple of hours it would be pretty painful some of her generation is not as hip to this stuff as mine but anyhow back to the topic i agree with your song sentiment so i salute you and you sir should probably be called ludwig von meatwadven aruond these parts so take it to the bank and i hope you have a good day out there brohan
I set it to the beat of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas'...

Cobb is sure to be the hot sleeper in my auction league full of Packer fans. So I plan to nominate him in the first round and watch the chaos. :devil:

I'm more in the 600-700 yards, 5-6 TDs crowd. Great talent, but too many others competing for the ball. Better as a dynasty prospect.

WTH is going on in this thread?!? :doh:
what is going on is that all of the good posters in the board are showing up in one place and talking about how awesome randall the touchdown robber cobber is and i am hopeful the that some national media outlets will pick up on this nickname because it would probably give me a flying jabruzzi brothers heart attack if i ever heard someone like john gruden go into a 20 minute breakdown of the nickname randall the touchdown robber cobber or if john madden drew arrows all over the place talking about the touchdown robber cobber it would basically be about the greatest thing to ever happen in my life except for a few things which are private and cannot be revealed on the world wide internet and it is nice to finally have a thread where it is not a bunch of teenage panty waste weakling spazes talking tough from behind a computer in their mommys basement about the saints and how they would get even with goodall or some other wussified mother jazz so take that to the bank brohans

WTH is going on in this thread?!? :doh:
what is going on is that all of the good posters in the board are showing up in one place and talking about how awesome randall the touchdown robber cobber is and i am hopeful the that some national media outlets will pick up on this nickname because it would probably give me a flying jabruzzi brothers heart attack if i ever heard someone like john gruden go into a 20 minute breakdown of the nickname randall the touchdown robber cobber or if john madden drew arrows all over the place talking about the touchdown robber cobber it would basically be about the greatest thing to ever happen in my life except for a few things which are private and cannot be revealed on the world wide internet and it is nice to finally have a thread where it is not a bunch of teenage panty waste weakling spazes talking tough from behind a computer in their mommys basement about the saints and how they would get even with goodall or some other wussified mother jazz so take that to the bank brohans
Why haven't you started a Randall Cobb HOF thread yet, brohan?Mark Ingram got one FFS... INGRAM!

Wide receiver Randall CobbAttempts to land the starting job.As Rodgers flings his balls aroundCobb's preps his hands to be bounty bound.He snaggles one ball, two ball, three.But the fourth hits the ground, unexpectedly.Jennings looks at Finley, at Nelson and DriverThis kid ain't a 1, he's a pure # fiver.So kids, as usual it is plain to see,The member on bath salts is SWC.Exeunt.
As much as I don't agree with the sentiment this is good work.

Wide receiver Randall CobbAttempts to land the starting job.As Rodgers flings his balls aroundCobb's preps his hands to be bounty bound.He snaggles one ball, two ball, three.But the fourth hits the ground, unexpectedly.Jennings looks at Finley, at Nelson and DriverThis kid ain't a 1, he's a pure # fiver.So kids, as usual it is plain to see,The member on bath salts is SWC.Exeunt.
As much as I don't agree with the sentiment this is good work.
respect.

wrong way to rizzlerville i a more of a shower kind of guy but hey man if you like to spread out candles and play some soft music and spend some me time alone with yourself in the bathtub with bath salts and that mother jazz that is sort of your own business and i will not hold it against you no matter what anyone says brohan and yes you better call the hospital because you might need to check in to the burn ward after that one zingmeister

wrong way to rizzlerville i a more of a shower kind of guy but hey man if you like to spread out candles and play some soft music and spend some me time alone with yourself in the bathtub with bath salts and that mother jazz that is sort of your own business and i will not hold it against you no matter what anyone says brohan and yes you better call the hospital because you might need to check in to the burn ward after that one zingmeister
SouthWestChicken I love me a nice bath, with some Yanni playing in the background epsom salts and lavender incense burning all up in my nose but i like to shower afterwards to wash off all the excess sexiness that stews into my skin from taking a bath and you can take my bathwater and sell it to locals for a huge profit take that to the bank brohan and the burn didnt hurt too much as i produce natural aloe vera im too cool for school silky smooth

julio jones called randall the small knobber cobber last night after the games and gave him a little bit of whats up saying your stats looked decent but you did it agianst weak defense second stringers and we all knwo youre the 5th option for rodgers when it really matters so keep yourself in check brohan before you become to big for you size 12 cleats and your hair sucks look at my hair rasta mon i got the dopest lid and you cant even touch that Cobber so step back brohan take that to the fantasy bank

julio jones called randall the small knobber cobber last night after the games and gave him a little bit of whats up saying your stats looked decent but you did it agianst weak defense second stringers and we all knwo youre the 5th option for rodgers when it really matters so keep yourself in check brohan before you become to big for you size 12 cleats and your hair sucks look at my hair rasta mon i got the dopest lid and you cant even touch that Cobber so step back brohan take that to the fantasy bank
Looks Like Julio is no longer going with the rasta dreads :)

Looks like Julio is a fan of run-on sentences.

thats right bro, julio knew he wass mightier than that punk ### samson so he cut his dreads at the local hotspot barber shop got a clean look and wanted the cobber to know that he can rock any hairdo better than him saying cobb's head looks like stuart scott's barber got a hold of it that aint fly and women arent gonna lock on to that look julio is pimping on and off the field take that to beauty school brohan

A new song set to the popular tune...London Bridge

Cobber Robber Ode to Chick Fil A (romantic rights)

Randall Cobb is breaking out,breaking out, breaking out

Randall Cobb is breaking out, he's a touchdown robber!!!

Cobber robber sets his sights, sets his sights, sets his sights

Cobber robber sets his sights, on Jenning's touches!!!!

Pull the straps on ARod's pants, ARods pants, ARod's pants

Pull the straps on ARods pants, he's a quaterback pleaser!!!!!!!

Now he knows he's #1, #1, #1

Gave Arod a first class blow, and now he's stealing touchdowns!!!!!

cobb continues to look like the #4 WR through the pre-season - and really #5 after JFin

Green Bay - Many of Donald Driver's teammates would be positively stunned if the venerable wide receiver didn't make the team.

Unless Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy see it differently from their players, Driver will not be getting tapped on the shoulder by the dreaded Turk come Friday when the Green Bay Packers trim down to the 53-man roster limit.

"Seriously, I can't even believe that that's a question," wide receiver Randall Cobb said. "I think for sure he's here. He definitely showed himself this preseason."

Nothing that has happened in training camp or three exhibition games would suggest Driver could be in trouble. After Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson, Driver continues to get more snaps than James Jones and Cobb just as he did a year ago.

Thursday night against Cincinnati, the first game when Jennings was in uniform alongside the other four, the first-half play count was 29 for Nelson and Jennings, 25 for Driver, 17 for Jones and 14 for Cobb.

With the No. 1 offense on the field, the three-game snap totals were 58 for Nelson, 43 for Driver, 38 for Jones, 29 for Jennings and 21 for Cobb.

If the Packers were getting ready to release Driver, they would have fooled everyone by their order of substitution.

how we feeling about Cobb in leagues that give 25 points for return yards? I'd say he's a pretty decent WR3 with WR2 upside in those leagues

Got Cobb last night in my old school TD only league

I'm on the wagon

TOUCHDOWN ROBBER COBBER!!!

I like it that he's actually getting used - I might have to reverse course and say that he might be startable this year.

Users who are viewing this thread