What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**The Official Randall 'touchdown robber' Cobber Bandwagon** (1 Viewer)

randall the touchdown robber cobber just ran one back bam brohans take it right to the rt2rc bank

I like it that he's actually getting used - I might have to reverse course and say that he might be startable this year.
you can also reverse course and say that it is a great nickname and when you do you can go and tell a grandma swc said she is a brohan bam right there brohan

I like it that he's actually getting used - I might have to reverse course and say that he might be startable this year.
Cobb outscored Julio Jones and Brandon Marshall in my league today. 0.5 ppr, 1 pt per 20 return yards.
Cobb was the #1 fantasy WR this week in my league (yardage-heavy, punt return yards count the same as receiving, kick return yards count half as much as receiving). Of course, he was the #8 fantasy WR in that same league at this point last season. Obviously the return TDs aren't going to be something you can rely on going forward. It was really nice to see them making him such a big part of the offense, though.

Trying to fit him into my lineup this week but it's tough.

Don't want to be chasing stats and I've a lot of good options at WR.

Drafted Cobb in two return yardage leagues. No brainer start there.

Beginning to pick him up in non-return yardage leagues after his Week 1 performance.

Have him starting for Antonio Brown in one this week due to REVIS ISLAND.

He's still available on the wire in my 8-team, shallow bench, IDP league... but then so is everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Debating between Cobb and Torrey Smith in a TD heavy league. If Jennings is out I'm probably gonna go with the Cobber

Trying to fit him into my lineup this week but it's tough.Don't want to be chasing stats and I've a lot of good options at WR.
Same. I can't sit Harvin for Cobb just because Cobb's opportunity/role looks to be increased.
I'm going for it in every league I've got him in. Over Britt in most cases actually.I started this bandwagon I better have the stones to be on it when it matters.

donsmith you are the man for starting this thread and i hope that we can get an announcer to see it and use randall the touchdown robber cobber on the air that would probably be one of the best days ever for me and my buddies would probaly really get a kick out of it and we would laugh a lot and probably get a free round out of it so brother if you ever loved your mother help the old swcer make that come true and when you do you can tell a grandma she is a brohan and take it to the bank on me bam right there brohans

that is exactly what me and my brohans would do if we ever heard it on the air so maybe we can get this pinned sot hat if a famous anouncer stops here they will see it and read it and say man that is a pretty good nickname and then see that i am cool wtih anyone using it and put it up on the big screen so good point on that one raiderman and take it to the bank

you are aces in my book two shadyrider is that like a cowboy thing i like the westerns to sotake it to the bank on me lonesome dove style brohan

Some touchdown robber love from the crew at NFL.com from earlier this year:

Randall Cobb could be Green Bay Packers' new star

By Kareem Copeland

Around the League Writer

Remember this name when the Green Bay Packers host the Chicago Bears for "Thursday Night Football": Randall Cobb.

The Packers have more familiar faces in Charles Woodson, Clay Matthews, B.J. Raji, Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley and Jordy Nelson. Oh, and there's that Aaron Rodgers guy. But it's Cobb who is the newest toy in coach Mike McCarthy's high-scoring offense.

The second-year receiver won the "NFL Play of the Year" award with a 108-yard kickoff return for a touchdown against the New Orleans Saints in his first professional game last season. He caught a 32-yard touchdown from Rodgers the same night despite running the wrong route. Cobb took over as the Packers' return man, but was the sixth option in the passing game.

That was 2011. Cobb is being moved all over the field in 2012 in an effort to get him the ball.

"That package provides some matchup problems," Cobb told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "We don't know if any team is going to have an answer for it."

The entire idea is to get the 5-foot-10, 192-pounder in space against a mismatch. In Week 1 against the San Francisco 49ers, Cobb lined up in the backfield 20 times and at receiver 15 times. He caught nine balls for 77 yards, averaged 24.5 yards on three kickoff returns and had a 75-yard punt return for a touchdown. Called dump-offs and screens to Cobb are basically run plays in the Packers' offense. Veteran receiver Donald Driver played just three snaps as Cobb moved up the depth chart.

"You just have to understand the blocking of the O-line in run plays out of the backfield," Cobb said. "In pass protections, understand where the blitzes are coming from if I have to pick up the blitz. I'm a lot better at my route running now, so understanding how to run a route, nothing has changed. It's just out of the backfield."

Fantasy football note for those who care: Cobb has good value in point-per-reception leagues and those that score heavy for return yards.

Shares his name with another American treasure in Randall "Tex" Cobb and they are forever linked on Wikipedia:

Randall "Tex" Cobb

Randall "Tex" Cobb

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the American football player who plays for the Green Bay Packers, see Randall Cobb

I thought I would revive this amusing thread to bring some attention back to Cobb. He has really been developing as a WR. Aaron Rodgers is saying Cobb will be one of Thompson's best draft picks ever. Lofty praise. It is also notable that Rodgers calls out Cobb's route running as one of his strengths.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/65251/randall-cobb-emerges-as-wr-for-packers

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Randall Cobb emerges as WR for Packers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Kevin Seifert

The Green Bay Packers scored on six passing touchdowns Sunday night at Reliant Stadium. Receiver Randall Cobb didn't catch any of them, which probably explains why there hasn't been much discussion about the first 100-yard game of his brief career. But in the 2 1/2 games since replacing the injured Greg Jennings in three-receiver sets, Cobb has served notice that he is ready and able to take on a permanent role in the Packers' offense.

Over that stretch, Cobb has caught 18 passes for 250 yards while playing roughly 58 percent of the Packers' offensive snaps. And this week, quarterback Aaron Rodgers made sure no one missed Cobb's emergence.

Randall Cobb is "probably going to go down as one of the best picks in Ted Thompson's career," according to Aaron Rodgers.

Speaking Tuesday on his ESPN 540 radio show Rodgers said Cobb "is probably going to go down as one of the best picks in [Packers general manager] Ted Thompson's career, if not the best." Cobb was the No. 64 overall pick of the 2011 draft, but remember, Thompson's résumé includes Rodgers himself (No. 24 overall in 2005), along with Jennings (No. 52 in 2006), linebacker Clay Matthews (No. 26 in 2009), guard Josh Sitton (No. 135 in 2008) and safety Nick Collins (No. 51 in 2005).

Rodgers called Cobb "a personnel and a coach's dream" because of his innate understanding of -- and professional approach to -- the game. He then compared him favorably to Jennings, whose march to free agency Cobb appears to be hastening. We all know Cobb is an excellent returner and open-field runner (he ranks No. 8 in the NFL with 197 yards after his 29 catches, according to ESPN Stats & Information) but Rodgers praised his route-running and quiet confidence as well.

"He's very intelligent and deliberate about his preparation," Rodgers said. "He understands soft spots in zones. He's very detailed in his route running. He and Greg were both very similar when they came in. I still remember the first day that Greg was here in 2006. He ran a comeback outside, and it was just the most mature route I'd seen from a first year player. Obviously I was just a second year player, but you look back and go, man, that guy was really detailed in his routes.

"But the professionalism that Greg took to the team as a young player was so refreshing and surprising, because he just carried himself in a way that was very respectful and classy, but also that he belonged. He had enough confidence in himself. I hadn’t seen that with any player until Randall.

"Randall came in last year very respectful and classy, but with that kind of edge like, 'I belong here. This isn't too big for me.' And it's not that every player who comes in is overwhelmed, but you just don't see that class and that respect and that confidence from a young player. Greg and Randall, I've just never seen anybody who just got it like those two guys and there's no question why they're such talented players."

Cobb's performance, along with those of veterans Jordy Nelson and James Jones, has supported the Packers' decision to let Jennings take the slow and careful route in rehabilitating his strained groin. The Packers are 2-1 in the games Jennings has missed. I'm not sure if anyone knows how playing time will be distributed when Jennings returns, but if there were any doubts about what Cobb can do as a receiver, they've been settled over the past three weeks.

Another solid game. I wonder what his role will be once Jennings returns though. Would Jones take the bigger hit, or will it be both that go back to being inconsistent options every week?

what a beast
:goodposting: Get him in your dynasty league if it's not too late. Jennings will not be back after this season and Cobb looks like he has the makings of a star.
26 receptions, 1 rush, 358 yards, and 3 scores in the last four games. Yardage total has gone up for four straight weeks. Quarterback calling him potentially the best pick in his GM's history. I agree that you should do what you've got to do to get him, but I fear it's already too late.

all of you super stars who did not like the nickname randall the touchdown robber cobber rt2rc i accept your apolgoies and remember that when rt2rc takes another one to the bank you can tell your gradma she is a brohan because swc said so bam right there brohans

all of you super stars who did not like the nickname randall the touchdown robber cobber rt2rc i accept your apolgoies and remember that when rt2rc takes another one to the bank you can tell your gradma she is a brohan because swc said so bam right there brohans
rt2rc is the man!

:lmao: :thumbup:

Awesome game for this guy, happy to see him get some TDs. But where does he stand now? Automatic start until Jennings comes back? How often was he on the field? I think I read that he was targeted slightly less than Jordy and James Jones.

He's on the field a lot. He plays in the slot, in the backfield and they motion him a lot. He was in the backfield maybe 3 or 4 plays but he reminds me of Napolean Kaufman with the ball in his hands. His targets are quality targets as are all with the Packers. I think Cobb has really filled in the void created by the sucking sound that is Jermichael Finley. He's better than James Jones IMO, but not quite as good as Nelson or Jennings.

He's on the field a lot. He plays in the slot, in the backfield and they motion him a lot. He was in the backfield maybe 3 or 4 plays but he reminds me of Napolean Kaufman with the ball in his hands. His targets are quality targets as are all with the Packers. I think Cobb has really filled in the void created by the sucking sound that is Jermichael Finley. He's better than James Jones IMO, but not quite as good as Nelson or Jennings.
:goodposting:

The guy can create YAC, get open, runs good routes and is a threat from the backfield.

IMO he's a high end WR3 at worst and a borderline WR1 at best.

Not sure I agree with the "not as good as Nelson or Jennings". Talent wise, Cobb is right there....but he plays a different role than either Jennings or Nelson. Guy runs great routes, is very quick and and gets yards after the catch. Reminds me a lot of Percy Harvin. IMO, Jennings is as good as gone at the end of the season....no way the Packers pay Jennings what he will demand. Cobb becomes a starter next year alongside Nelson and the Aaron Rodgers show continues on. The window to buy him in a dynasty league was a few weeks ago. Now his price is going to skyrocket.

I think that Jones is out man out if/when Jennings comes back. I really dont see a reducded role for Cobb. He should continue his slut dominance.

Going forward for this year, Cobb is a great WR3 and could be a good WR2 this year. There is no guarantee Jennings will be 100% at any point this season. Even if Jennings plays, he and Nelson will command the top DBs, leaving Cobb against a safety or nickel corner for a lot of the game. I expect the Packers to ruthlessly exploit this in upcoming games. With Finley continuing to disappoint, Cobb will fill that void.

What do we see his dynasty/keeper value at?

I know a lot will depend on whether GB keeps Jennings next year, but even so, how do you keep this guy off the field? Could be GB's version of Harvin/Welker in the slot going forward.

What do we see his dynasty/keeper value at?I know a lot will depend on whether GB keeps Jennings next year, but even so, how do you keep this guy off the field? Could be GB's version of Harvin/Welker in the slot going forward.
WR13-20 range in standard leagues. Obviously higher in return yardage leagues. My league rewards punt return yardage the same as receiving yardage, and there are about 8 receivers I would trade him for (Calvin, Green, Julio, Harvin, Nicks, Cruz, Demaryius, with Fitz, Dez, and Nelson as maybes).

i saw some highlights of rt2rc on the news and he is just as great at the new jim and max whatever there names are make him sound on 620 but the fact is that they do not use him enough in trickery plays altho i have been happy with the amount of trick punts and so on that the big cheesey mac that is a cool nickname i came up with for mike mccarthy because he is a mc and he is for wiconsin which equals cheese so use that one to brohans i told you once i told you twice i told youchicken soup with rice that i am good at making up nicknames but anyone i am happy with the amount of trick plays that they are running but i want to see more statue of liberties and possibly plays where rt2rc lines up in a down lineman position and gets a direct snap and takes it to the house bam right there take that to the bank brohans

After the game, Rodgers offered glowing praise of Cobb, a second-year player who was the quarterback at Kentucky for one season before switching to receiver.

"He's a star in the making," Rodgers said. "He's a big-time player. He has the right approach for being a professional. He takes his job very seriously. He sees the game through the eyes of a quarterback. He's played quarterback before, but he asks the right questions.

"He wants to be on the same page with me, he wants to know what I'm thinking. He's always in tune to second-reaction plays. He's a lot of fun to play with and he's a good human being, which makes it even easier.”
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20644082/packers-aaron-rodgers-calls-randall-cobb-a-star-in-the-makingThe writing is on the wall for this guy to just explode for the rest of the season. Starting him with confidence over Julio Jones this week.

Might be reading into it too much, but the second bolded part sounds like a bit of a dig at Finley. Finley's loss seems like Cobb's gain at this point.

finley pissed off rogers when he said that he was afraid a couple of weeks ago to wilde i think basically he needs to just shut up and catch the ball that would be a nice change of pace brohans and then maybe he could achieve his potenshal which frankly is sky high but with his attitude who knows if he will ever get there take that to the bank

finley pissed off rogers when he said that he was afraid a couple of weeks ago to wilde i think basically he needs to just shut up and catch the ball that would be a nice change of pace brohans and then maybe he could achieve his potenshal which frankly is sky high but with his attitude who knows if he will ever get there take that to the bank
when did he make this comment? Was it after his game on Sunday?

Users who are viewing this thread