What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (3 Viewers)

James Woods (@RealJamesWoods)

7/13/18, 3:30 PM

What’s on the Liberal Whining Wheel for today? Climate change (no, boring), “babies in cages” (nope, lies), BLM (not until nearer the election), guns (tired of the grumpy kid), tariffs (yawn), whining actresses (hypocrisy), so...Russia, it is!

What’s on the Liberal Whining Wheel for today? Climate change (no, boring), “babies in cages” (nope, lies), BLM (not until nearer the election), guns (tired of the grumpy kid), tariffs (yawn), whining actresses (hypocrisy), so...Russia, it is!
Ah the noted intellect James Woods.  Now what have other noted conservative deep thinkers like Sarah Palin or Ted Nugent chimed in with?

@realdonaldtrump

The stories you heard about the 12 Russians yesterday took place during the Obama Administration, not the Trump Administration. Why didn’t they do something about it, especially when it was reported that President Obama was informed by the FBI in September, before the Election?

JerseyToughGuys said:
Riffing. Is that like locker room talk?
No idea.  It’s speaking off the cuff in a sometimes, humorous way, in lieu of reading a scripted answer to everything.  It’s something that Trump has been doing and will continue to do forever.  Hope this helps.

ren hoek said:
Again, the summit not happening doesn't mean war happens tomorrow.  But it is yet another step in that direction.  Isn't diplomacy preferable to isolation?  
Nothing wrong with meeting with our adversary Putin as long as he is treated and recognized as our adversary. That means it is critical you bring all of your advisors and important cabinet members to the meeting and record all conversations. There are no one on one private meetings and no desire or expectations you will be friends. Having a good relationship is fine.

Skoo said:
You know your back is up against the wall when your argument becomes "WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU EVER TAKE THE GUY I'M DEFENDING SERIOUSLY, YOU IDIOTS?!?"

The insanity defense, I suppose.
When your best argument is "we elected a man-child who is so stupid he didn't realize that the things he says have consequences" you really aren't going to convince many people to support him.  

I used to like James Woods, but it's apparent he has become an unhinged lunatic.  I wish he would just be normal like everyone else in Hollywood, but it's too late, he lost me at maga.

I wonder if he was maybe negatively impacted by Weinstein, or one of the other directors that commonly gave out acting jobs for sexual favors?  It seems like he is completely against all of Hollywood.  Cousin Eddy from Christmas Vacation also has the same alt right stance.

ren hoek said:
Again, the summit not happening doesn't mean war happens tomorrow.  But it is yet another step in that direction.  Isn't diplomacy preferable to isolation?  
Why is it a step in any direction?  Why isn't it maintaining the status quo?  I guess that's the part I don't get.  We have indicted foreign government officials for meddling with the most important thing to this country.  I don't know how that fact is overshadowed by anything else :shrug:  

The question here seems odd....has nothing really to do with whether our "president" goes to Russia on this specific day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus I hope you are wrong on 3, 4, 5.  1, 2 I am not too hung up on - especially #2 if it means withdrawing troops that are serving the military industrial complex NOT the sovereignity of the United States.  And #1 is a given.
:shrug:

I just set the line. Take the under if you feel it's too high.

Maurile Tremblay said:
I’ll go on record and say what outcomes I think would constitute Putin winning:

1. Putin denying that Russia hacked the DNC servers and getting little or no pushback from Trump.

2. Trump agreeing to pull U.S. forces out of Syria and to stop supporting anti-Assad forces there.

3. Trump recognizing Russia’s annexation of Crimea.

4. Trump further denigrating NATO.

5. Putin and Trump jointly announcing Russia’s plans to deploy nuclear-capable ballistic missiles in Cuba.
1 and 4 are givens. I could see 2. 3 would be ####### terrifying. Where does 5 come from?

@realdonaldtrump

The stories you heard about the 12 Russians yesterday took place during the Obama Administration, not the Trump Administration. Why didn’t they do something about it, especially when it was reported that President Obama was informed by the FBI in September, before the Election?
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

The new joke in town is that Russia leaked the disastrous DNC e-mails, which should never have been written (stupid), because Putin likes me

4:31 AM - 25 Jul 2016

Um.  Maybe because you were screaming already that the election system was rigged and lying incessantly about it.  And if Obama moved a finger, you’d have lied about that, too.
:shrug:

Elizabeth Warren agrees DNC was 'rigged' in Clinton's favor

seems like the fix was in

@realdonaldtrump

Former informal Trump campaign adviser Roger Stone acknowledged Friday night that he “probably” is the unnamed person referred to in special counsel Robert Mueller’s latest indictment against Russian intelligence officers.

Stone, who earlier Friday said that he did not believe he was the unnamed person mentioned in the indictment, said on CNN’s “Cuomo Prime Time” that he now thinks he is the person in the filing released earlier Friday.

...Stone told CNN’s Chris Cuomo that he hadn’t had the chance to read the indictment before he made his earlier statements.
- The Hill

Trump still consults with Stone and they have always been as close as peas in a pod.

The argument by some Trumpites that "the campaign" could have had some lower-downs talking with Russians without the core leadership knowing was always a good one, but it's also possible that the leadership of the campaign was talking with Russians without the mere functionaries knowing is also possible.

Can’t really fault him for being kind of salty and whining.  His agent did just drop him a week and a few days ago. 

Maurile Tremblay said:
I’ll go on record and say what outcomes I think would constitute Putin winning:

1. Putin denying that Russia hacked the DNC servers and getting little or no pushback from Trump.

2. Trump agreeing to pull U.S. forces out of Syria and to stop supporting anti-Assad forces there.

3. Trump recognizing Russia’s annexation of Crimea.

4. Trump further denigrating NATO.

5. Putin and Trump jointly announcing Russia’s plans to deploy nuclear-capable ballistic missiles in Cuba.
1.  This is an absolute given.

2.  I'd bet against this one if forced.

3.  He couldn't find Crimea on a map if his life depended on it.  I think this would be a "sure, what's the big deal. it doesn't impact us" sort of thing, so I'd bet a small amount on this happening.

4.  Absolutely...he can't help himself.  He'll lash out at NATO because of the way GB treated him.

5.  I'll safely bet "no" on this one and probably be disappointed.

Um.  Maybe because you were screaming already that the election system was rigged and lying incessantly about it.  And if Obama moved a finger, you’d have lied about that, too.
And he was trying to not to have an effect in our election and saying he did nothing is also false...

Why did this take so long?
My guess is this was prompted by Horowitz's testimony a couple weeks ago. I think they asked him if he would be reviewing the leaks by the NY FO, as it was not included in his report, and he said it was not explicitly part of what he had been doing because he had not been asked.

Why is it a step in any direction?  Why isn't it maintaining the status quo?  I guess that's the part I don't get.  We have indicted foreign government officials for meddling with the most important thing to this country.  I don't know how that fact is overshadowed by anything else :shrug:  

The question here seems odd....has nothing really to do with whether our "president" goes to Russia on this specific day.
An indictment isn't a statement of fact.  The likelihood is the 12 indictees will never see the inside of a US courtroom, challenge the evidence purportedly against them, or even be presented with the evidence under "national security" pretense.  

To railroad an important summit with a nuclear power at which the future of Syria will be discussed over some email leaks that happened 2 years ago, the attribution for which is based on secret evidence, to placate the same demographic that wants to impeach him anyway is a lose/lose for Trump.  They'd probably complain that he didn't rebuke Putin hard enough or something.  

An indictment isn't a statement of fact.  The likelihood is the 12 indictees will never see the inside of a US courtroom, challenge the evidence purportedly against them, or even be presented with the evidence under "national security" pretense.  

To railroad an important summit with a nuclear power at which the future of Syria will be discussed over some email leaks that happened 2 years ago, the attribution for which is based on secret evidence, to placate the same demographic that wants to impeach him anyway is a lose/lose for Trump.  They'd probably complain that he didn't rebuke Putin hard enough or something.  
speaking of railroad, you've gone completely off the rails.

Technically it is  statement of fact. I think you mean it's not proof of that statement.

It's not railroaded. You have to understand the cause of peace is furthered by good diplomacy and strong, principled leadership. Trump's dysfunctionality is the most dangerous aspect in this equation. He's destabilizing, and frankly that is something Putin likes and wants. And look even capitulation by Trump (I'm not claiming that is what will happen) would be destabilizing because it will lead European nations to take steps to protect themselves. What is needed is a stable, international system of rules that Russia must finally agree to comply with and become a part of. Trump argues and acts against that with his every word and deed.

The grand bargain about Syria and interlinking deals on various other crises that Putin himself has created is definitely something that Putin has wanted for some time though, that part is real IMO.

Are you going to answer my questions or no?  Do you think our "president" is capable of having any sort of meaningful discussion on Syria?  I'll be shocked if it goes as well as the "NK summit" did if I'm being honest.

For someone who rails on the weapons/defense industries in this country you are sure trying to dump a lot of fear into your characterizations of these "meetings".  The reality is, our government has enough evidence of interference that they are bringing charges against Russian officials.  It is absolutely appropriate to table these discussions until that's resolved and if Russia chooses not to participate, that's on them.  The sanctions increase and away we go.  That is, of course, if one is putting the good of this country first.  If that's not the goal, then you go, meet, glad hand, shoot the ####, take some pictures and claim victory.

Jordan Rachel‏ @TheJordanRachel 19h19 hours ago

Names of 12 Russians indicted: 1. Hillary Clintonesky 2: Barrocksky Obamovich 3. Sally Yateskich 4. John Brennovansky 5. Valerick Jarretkich 6. James Comeyski 7. Peter Strzoki 8. Bruce Ohrskoh 9. McCainzi 10. Susan Ricekoh 11. Lisa Pageovich 12. John Podestinskiah

We all know our "president" is not capable of any meaningful discussion on Syria though.
There is a lot going on, it's not just that. It just so happens that Trump has the wheel during a crucial time period, specifically the extension of START. Even if there are no expected deliverables, it's serious stuff on the table, but ordinarily it would be dealt with separately which is normal and appropriate. Not with these guys though.

@ Donald Trump
Just arrived in Scotland. Place is going wild over vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back. No games!

Nina B
Scotland hates both Brexit and you, you mangled apricot hellbeast @realDonaldTrump

Gary Prosser
@realDonaldTrump They voted REMAIN you spoon

Andrew McConnell
Scootland voted to remain you clueless numpty @realDonaldTrump

JMF
@realDonaldTrump Scotland voted overwhelmingly to Remain, but what are facts to you? you bloviating flesh bag?

Sue Perkins
@realDonaldTrump Scotland voted to remain, you weapons-grade plum.

Mac
@realDonaldTrump Scotland voted overwhelmingly to STAY in the EU, you weaselheaded ####nugget.

Fin de hertog
@realDonaldTrump Scotland voted overwhelmingly to stay in Europe, you toupeed ####trumpet

More

@ Donald Trump
Just arrived in Scottland. Place is going wild over vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back. No games!

Nina B
Scotland hates both Brexit and you mangled apricot hellbeast @realDonaldTrump

Gary Prosser
@realDonaldTrump They voted REMAIN you spoon

Andrew McConnell
Scootland voted to remain you clueless numpty @realDonaldTrump

JMF
@realDonaldTrump Scotland voted overwhelmingly to Remain, but what are facts to you? you bloviating flesh bag?

Sue Perkins
@realDonaldTrump Scotland voted to remain, you weapons-grade plum.

Mac
These are really really funny. Love it.

There is a lot going on, it's not just that. It just so happens that Trump has the wheel during a crucial time period, specifically the extension of START. Even if there are no expected deliverables, it's serious stuff on the table, but ordinarily it would be dealt with separately which is normal and appropriate. Not with these guys though.
I made comment in another thread that these "summits" aren't any indication of anything.  How the "lower ranking officials" are treated in the follow up meetings tells us much more about where these foreign countries really are and what they really think about the items discussed.  

Except that Trump was claiming it was rigged to prevent HIM from winning.  How the Dems picked their candidate has nothing to do with whether it was rigged against him.
Sounds like a bunch of whiny politicians on both sides making excuses. 

Users who are viewing this thread