What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (6 Viewers)

Agree with msommer and disagree with Tim. To use the word "genius" in the same paragraph as our dear leader is beyond laughable. If we could get solid testing from his high school or college days, we could settle that score since the term is well-defined. I would be willing to bet he is more accurately described by a term at the other end of the IQ scale, though. Without data, it's mere speculation albeit based on the things he says, does, and tweets, which, again, doesn't provide much evidence towards the "genius" end of the spectrum.
If you see/listen to the interviews he did in the 80'ies and 90'ies IMHO the decline is palpable, which is why I believe dementia is in play

If you see/listen to the interviews he did in the 80'ies and 90'ies IMHO the decline is palpable, which is why I believe dementia is in play
FWIW I can’t remember her name but the long time female executive who worked at Trump Org for a couple decades or so did an interesting interview where she said she has noticed a decline in his language use and comprehension.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Failure to Impeach will be a boon to President Trump"

Fox News

WHOOPS...I've been trying to explain this to those in this thread, but keep on keeping on.

"Trump will win in 2020 if he is not impeached."

Democrat Representative Al Green

I tried toe explain the Dems were shooting themselves in the foot, but oh well.  

"Trump will win in 2020 if he is not impeached."

Democrat Representative Al Green

I tried toe explain the Dems were shooting themselves in the foot, but oh well.  
I mean of course he will.  He's beloved by 38% of Americans and he's proven to be just as bad as expected to the rest.  The economy one year from now will not look like it does now so his one kind of positive talking point will be well diminished. 

He can't lose!

>>Among the high-profile signers are Bill Weld, a former U.S. attorney and Justice Department official in the Reagan administration who is running against Trump as a Republican; Donald Ayer, a former deputy attorney general in the George H.W. Bush Administration; John S. Martin, a former U.S. attorney and federal judge appointed to his posts by two Republican presidents; Paul Rosenzweig, who served as senior counsel to independent counsel Kenneth W. Starr; and Jeffrey Harris, who worked as the principal assistant to Rudolph W. Giuliani when he was at the Justice Department in the Reagan administration.<<

There needs to be a "Trump it up" app.

370 angry democrat  prosecutors say anyone else would be facing multiple felony charges!  They want a redo!! No collusion!

>>Among the high-profile signers are Bill Weld, a former U.S. attorney and Justice Department official in the Reagan administration who is running against Trump as a Republican; Donald Ayer, a former deputy attorney general in the George H.W. Bush Administration; John S. Martin, a former U.S. attorney and federal judge appointed to his posts by two Republican presidents; Paul Rosenzweig, who served as senior counsel to independent counsel Kenneth W. Starr; and Jeffrey Harris, who worked as the principal assistant to Rudolph W. Giuliani when he was at the Justice Department in the Reagan administration.<<
RINO's, all of them!

We are in a post-truth world.  Those dinosaurs are too old to get it.  It's MAGA-time now.

We are in a post-truth world.  Those dinosaurs are too old to get it.  It's MAGA-time now.
pretty much.  and Trump is the master at spinning disinformation.

370 prosecutors just said that, but for the fact he is president, he would have been charged with obstruction of justice.  But all the adoring masses hear is "no collusion, no obstruction!"

Barr did exactly what he was hired to do.  He is the president's lawyer.

Press 1 for fake news, 2 for deep state, 3 for lib tears.
I realize this was meant to be funny but it couldn't be more accurate.  His followers are gonna be told this story is one of these 3 things and like sheep they will lap it up and believe whatever they're told.  all of these guys are either Democrats, Deep Staters or disgruntled people mad that Trump didn't give them a job in his administration.

and here she is saying the White House has not talked to McGahn about testifying, which seems really, really dubious.
Is the blue team still hot on this?  This kind of amazes me - Mueller spent 30 hours interviewing him.  His contribution to the report was less than a page - i.e. basically that expedition yielded nothing.  There is literally nothing left unprobed there.  

The only reason to have him testify is political posturing and TV time.

Is the blue team still hot on this?  This kind of amazes me - Mueller spent 30 hours interviewing him.  His contribution to the report was less than a page - i.e. basically that expedition yielded nothing.  There is literally nothing left unprobed there.  

It is amazing to me that you think the President asking his counsel to lie and fabricate evidence to create a pretext for firing the special counsel  (or to cover up that he gave the order to) is nothing.

I've come to realize that any time someone says 'basically' or 'obviously' nowadays, that its the exact opposite of basic or obvious.  

Trump told the WH Counsel to fire the SC who was investigating him and its nothing because it only took a page to describe the incident.  makes sense I guess 

So putting McGahn under oath should help Trump, no?  I would think if it yielded nothing, it could only help to support the full exoneration.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Trump told the WH Counsel to fire the SC who was investigating him and its nothing because it only took a page to describe the incident.  makes sense I guess 
Like it or not the Article 2 powers of POTUS allow for this.  

So putting McGahn under oath should help Trump, no?  I would think if it yielded nothing, it could only help to support the full exoneration.
Probably, given rational grown ups doing the investigating.  The Mueller team were grown ups.  This hearing would be filled with 5 year olds asking questions and making soliloquies. 

Probably, given rational grown ups doing the investigating.  The Mueller team were grown ups.  This hearing would be filled with 5 year olds asking questions and making soliloquies. 
The bolded is your opinion, but wouldn't McGahn's answers be the more important thing to come from the questioning?  If people have information that would support Trump's position, I would think Trump would want those voices heard - not silenced.  That thinking would be consistent with the position that Trump is actually exonerated from all wrong-doing.

ETA: There would also be Republicans asking questions.

Whoever told you this ... you shouldn't believe that person anymore. He lied to you really egregiously.

ETA: Even if you edited out every part of the report other than just literally where it says "McGahn," it would take up more than a page. He is named about 450 times.

The bolded is your opinion, but wouldn't McGahn's answers be the more important thing to come from the questioning?  If people have information that would support Trump's position, I would think Trump would want those voices heard - not silenced.  That thinking would be consistent with the position that Trump is actually exonerated from all wrong-doing.
Go listen to Hirono's questioning of Barr.  

Whoever told you this ... you shouldn't believe that person anymore. He lied to you really egregiously.

ETA: Even if you edited out every part of the report other than just literally where it says "McGahn," it would take up more than a page. He is named about 450 times.
Maybe if you changed the font to a 3 it would only be a page. 

Um. No. 

There's like 14 live cases no? 

@Sand Where did you hear it's only a page?  Not dropping shade as I appreciate your POV. 

@Sand Where did you hear it's only a page?  Not dropping shade as I appreciate your POV. 
It is a page in the main report (hopefully my memory is correct there, at least) - evidently more in the footnotes/appendices.  I was wrong on that.  Still don't see the point of bringing in a guy who already gave 30 hours of testimony.  The questioning will be a banal exercise I could script as far as the leading questions and digs at the admin.   :sleep:

I supported Barr testifying.  Mueller is good to hear from.  McGahn - eh, executive privilege is fine.

It is a page in the main report (hopefully my memory is correct there, at least) - evidently more in the footnotes/appendices.  I was wrong on that.  Still don't see the point of bringing in a guy who already gave 30 hours of testimony.  The questioning will be a banal exercise I could script as far as the leading questions and digs at the admin.   :sleep:

I supported Barr testifying.  Mueller is good to hear from.  McGahn - eh, executive privilege is fine.
With Executive Privilege,  it was already waived when McGahn talked to Mueller. Can't do redos 

Hm, go back to my point you were responding to. Sanders is dissembling on this point, wouldn’t you agree? If so then I’d say it’s Trump who’s hot about it.

With Executive Privilege,  it was already waived when McGahn talked to Mueller. Can't do redos 
Very much an open question and given that one interview happened inside the executive branch and the request comes from outside the law probably (though not assuredly) rests in favor of the admin.  As this notes, though, the choice is likely more with McGahn than DJT.

MSM was 100% wrong?  That’s absurd.

The vast majority of solid news reporting as it related to Russia and Trump has been accurate. 

The entire time Trump has been saying it’s all a hoax, and he had nothing to do with Russia.  All of his comments were verifiable lies.

He was actively negotiating with russia for a hotel during his campaign.  He straight up lied to the people about this and reporting was correct.  Reporting has been correct and Trump and his cronies liars from nearly the beginning.

And you don’t get banned here for speaking truthfully.  Weird that you’d even suggest it.  
Oh brother.  Mainstream reporting on this was trash.  Not just because it got facts wrong and had to correct itself multiple times, but because it almost always got the facts wrong in the same direction- the most sensationalist, suggestive way possible.  It was an embarrassment.  

This is, as Zappa would say, the crux of the biscuit. Post-fact, post-truth, whatever you want to call it. I despise Trump, don’t get me wrong, but it’s this paradigm shift about the importance or value of the truth that really scares me long term. Just feels like a box that was opened which may never again be fully closed. I actually heard Newt say something to that effect in 2016 in the run up to November. Along the lines of: people don’t care if he tells the truth, it is all about how he makes them feel. I thought he was crazy but he was prescient.

eta: can you imagine how Zappa would respond to Trump? My goodness, those would be some live shows to see. Miss you, Frank. 

eta: can you imagine how Zappa would respond to Trump? My goodness, those would be some live shows to see. Miss you, Frank. 
:goodposting:  Between Zappa and Carlin, we're missing out on some great comedic moments.

ETA: pretty sure Jesus thinks he's a jerk too. (btw, please don't report me, I'm not calling Trump a jerk - its a song reference)

It is a page in the main report (hopefully my memory is correct there, at least) - evidently more in the footnotes/appendices.
No, I wouldn't have said anything if that were remotely right.

McGahn is all over Volume II (the volume about obstruction). The executive summary of Volume II is six pages long -- McGahn is mentioned in four of those six pages a total of 15 times. In the main body of Volume II, there are a couple of multi-page sections where McGahn is the primary focus. There's a five-page section about one of McGahn's meetings with Michael Flynn and Sally Yates, and an 8-page section about Trump asking McGahn to lie about Trump's attempt to fire Mueller. Those 13 pages are far from the only sections where McGahn is prominently featured. McGahn also has stuff to say about various issues involving Reince Priebus, James Comey, Jeff Sessions, Steve Bannon, Dana Boente, Rod Rosenstein, Hope Hicks, Rob Porter, John Kelly....

There are probably about as many pages in Volume II that mention McGahn as there are pages that don't.

Um, no. 

"The Russia Investigation is a big nothingburger, and as proof I submit the fact that the star witness was only mentioned on one page!"

[chorus: "Here is a detailed account of all the ways that you are wrong"]

"Oh. Well, I was wrong about the page thingy. But my point still stands."

Users who are viewing this thread