What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (8 Viewers)

I honestly can't stand Maddow.  Not her politics, although she is WAY left of me... just her approach and voice drive me nuts.  I think it's a style thing, as I expect the substance to be left of my point of view and significantly slanted as such.
ASIDE (almost belongs in the NY thread) - one of the parents in my daughter's class lives in Maddow's building on Jane Street. She and her partner are super nice to everyone. Neither here nor there, but i always like it when big-time figures act normal. The other day I walked in front of Peter Dinklage's Volvo at a light. I waved (& immediately thought why am I waving, I'm an idiot.) Had his toddler with him, he nodded, smiled & waved. I wanted to run over and ask him if he had special pedals or something that helped him drive but I managed to keep walking without looking back.

ASIDE (almost belongs in the NY thread) - one of the parents in my daughter's class lives in Maddow's building on Jane Street. She and her partner are super nice to everyone. Neither here nor there, but i always like it when big-time figures act normal. The other day I walked in front of Peter Dinklage's Volvo at a light. I waved (& immediately thought why am I waving, I'm an idiot.) Had his toddler with him, he nodded, smiled & waved. I wanted to run over and ask him if he had special pedals or something that helped him drive but I managed to keep walking without looking back.
Dinklage is awesome

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is not the only member of President Trump’s campaign who spoke to Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak at a diplomacy conference connected to the Republican National Convention in July. At least two more members of the Trump campaign’s national security officials also spoke with Kislyak at the event, and several more Trump national security advisers were in attendance.

It's unknown what the Trump campaign officials who spoke with the ambassador – J.D. Gordon and Carter Page – discussed with him. Those who took part in the events in Cleveland said it is not unusual for presidential campaign teams to interact with diplomats.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/03/02/exclusive-two-other-trump-advisers-also-spoke-russian-envoy-during-gop-convention/98648190/

Another point, how the hell does the Kislyak get into Trump Tower in December without the press seeing him?  That place was staked out 24/7 then.
Maybe he's blending in with reporters.  He's been attending Trump events since at least April, 2016.

In April, Trump chose the CNI as the venue for his first major foreign policy speech, and the audience included Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak.

Did you make him stop short?

I gotta say, I hate her delivery.
Yeah I can't stand her.  The segment would have been a much better report without all the hyperbole and snide left-leaning personal judgement.   As it is, has a similar feel to all that Clinton foundation trash we heard from her haters prior to the election.  Is there some truth behind this?  Probably.  But I'd prefer to hear more about it from a less biased source.

She does seem like a legit nice person. I'd probably enjoy an in person discussion with Maddow a great deal, as opposed to an hour of her on TV

I do think removing Sessions from the equation is the end of the first Act.  My guess is acting Dep AG Boente wants no part of this and pretty quickly appoints a Special Prosecutor.  Pure conjecture, but I think the IC wanted that SP appointed before Rosenstein got confirmed.  
Act II is going to be a doozy - should take most of the year.    Gotta say, from a Politics As A Spectator Sport POV Trump has been absolute gold.   The best.

Surprised the markets aren't reacting yet to what's going on.  Clearly we're seeing a well coordinated effort between IC and leading papers to slowly encircle a guilty president and his cohorts.  Anyone think Trump emerges from this intact?  I can't imagine he's still in office six months from now, let alone 12.  
You don't think they are?  The only way the economy keeps rising like this is if Trump gets to do none of what he wants to in my opinion. (Except infrastructure stimulus, which is unlikely anyway in the amount he wants.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two possibilities:

1. Trump knew and also has talked to the Russians. Guilty of crime and will be impeached.

2. Trump is so incompetent and chaotic that he really doesn't know what is going on. At this point, I would almost want the former 
The latter is absolutely possible but I'll repeat what I wrote yesterday - it's hard to believe that so many people within Trump's camp/administration had contact with the Russians that he either didn't authorize or know about. The numbers are just piling up in terms of how many people have talked to them. It strains credibility to believe Trump's in the dark about all of it. 

Heartbroken Russian Ambassador Thought Special Meetings With Jeff Sessions Were Very Memorable

WASHINGTON—Expressing surprise and sadness at Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ repeated denials of contact with Russian officials during the 2016 presidential campaign, heartbroken Ambassador Sergey Kislyak told reporters Thursday that he thought his special meetings with the then–Alabama senator were actually very memorable. “To be honest, our two conversations hold great significance for me, and I can’t help but be upset to learn that Jeff felt otherwise,” said the tearful Russian diplomat, adding that he simply could not believe that Sessions could so nonchalantly dismiss the many hours they spent discussing the intimate details of their lives, including their innermost hopes and fears for their respective countries. “It really hurts to think that Jeff doesn’t cherish the afternoons we spent sitting in his office exchanging information about everything under the sun. These were some of the most meaningful discussions of my life, and Jeff’s writing them off like they didn’t even happen. How could he be so cruel?” Kislyak went on to say that even his subsequent communications with former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn never for a moment made him forget the precious time he and Sessions spent together.

Vox isn't allowing c/p right now, however I'd look at that March 2016 time frame - in fact for many of the Trumo group that's when the light went on.

Flynn made his trip to Russia in December 2015 (along with Sheriff David Clarke and Jill Stein...).

January 2016 Stephen Miller transfers to Trump's staff from Sessions'.

February 2016 Sessions is picking Trump's foreign policy team. - Who does he pick for that team? Russophiles.

There was also this conference in March 2016, which included some prominent Russians like Igor Ivanov.

The sea change has to do with:

- Prioritizing defeating Isis above all other things, including resisting Russia and defending Europe and democracy, even extending to abandoning America's leadership role and participation in global organizations like the UN, NATO & WTO.

- Looking at the immigration crisis (which btw is purposefully being driven by Russia) as a threat to western, Christian traditionalism.

- Looking at secularism and modern liberalism - also - as a threat to western, Christian traditionalism.

Surprised the markets aren't reacting yet to what's going on.  Clearly we're seeing a well coordinated effort between IC and leading papers to slowly encircle a guilty president and his cohorts.  Anyone think Trump emerges from this intact?  I can't imagine he's still in office six months from now, let alone 12.  
I'm starting to wonder if the markets are actually encouraged by Trump's weakness.

Jacqueline Alemany  @JaxAlemany
29m
Statement from Carter Page to @CBSNews on report of meeting w Kislyak in July:

"I can neither confirm or deny any meeting with him at that event in the interest of respecting the confidentiality rules that people agreed to as it was an off the record session."

--

:confused:

Umm...what? Am I misreading that?

ETA: I wonder if this is fake. Have I been bamboozled by twitter?

Jacqueline Alemany  @JaxAlemany
29m
Statement from Carter Page to @CBSNews on report of meeting w Kislyak in July:

"I can neither confirm or deny any meeting with him at that event in the interest of respecting the confidentiality rules that people agreed to as it was an off the record session."

--

:confused:

Umm...what? Am I misreading that?

ETA: I wonder if this is fake. Have I been bamboozled by twitter?
What he meant was: "neither confirm nor deny." That should clear things up.

Users who are viewing this thread