What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (7 Viewers)

The latter is absolutely possible but I'll repeat what I wrote yesterday - it's hard to believe that so many people within Trump's camp/administration had contact with the Russians that he either didn't authorize or know about. The numbers are just piling up in terms of how many people have talked to them. It strains credibility to believe Trump's in the dark about all of it. 
Well, there's also the fact that Trump knew not to ever say anything bad about Putin. As well as suddenly taking a lot of stances on subjects like NATO, the EU and Ukraine that were in line with what Putin wants.

There's no way I'm ever buying that he was out of the loop.

Last edited by a moderator:
You new here?

Sater has been name checked in this thread a dozen times.

I wrote of our firm's brief interaction with Felix here.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/753767-the-trump-years-the-trump-administration-is-running-like-a-fine-tuned-machine/?do=findComment&comment=19900980
I'm not new here. I've seen his name mentioned plenty of times. I'm guessing we're going to see it mentioned even more in the future.
It was a joke, MT.

My guess is that Felix is a friend of the U.S. Government. He's helped the CIA & DHS in the past on numerous occasions. He is teflon personified.

He'll keep getting brought up but there is layer upon layer in those transactions. If anyone ever got him to talk, he could take down a lot of people - not just Trump. But he's not going to sing unless he's cornered or there's something in it for him. Given his wealth, I wouldn't bet on the latter.

“How many people have to say that there’s nothing there before you realize there’s nothing there? At some point, you do have to ask yourself what are you actually looking for. How many times do you have to come to the same conclusion before you take the answer?"

“All I’m saying is the people who’ve done the investigating about Russia overall and its activities in the United States — specifically now with respect to our election — haven’t provided anything that lead me to believe or should lead you to believe”

-- Sean Spicer, February 27, 2017

Raw Story‏Verified account @RawStory 1h1 hour ago

Sean Spicer: Anyone asking Sessions to recuse himself from Russia case should be ‘ashamed’ - Then Sessions recused http://ow.ly/oRUZ309x4dN
- He's pathetic right now. Constantly lied to or uninformed by his own administration or they insist he lie for them, they mock him on SNL with the funniest damn skit in years, they pull out the bunny pics, the old 'Sphincter' article from college (which is now online when it wasn't before), they pelt him at the pressers, chased by gaggles of doom... he says one thing as a lock solid dependable thing and then a few hours later it's just totally obliterated. I mean give it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
- He's pathetic right now. Constantly lied to or uninformed by his own administration or they insist he lie for them, they mock him on SNL with the funniest damn skit in years, they pull out the bunny pics, the old 'Sphincter' article from college (which is now online when it wasn't before), they pelt him at the pressers, chased by gaggles of doom... he says one thing as a lock solid dependable thing and then a few hours later it's just totally obliterated. I mean give it up.
I kinda feel bad for the guy

He also confirmed that it was Donald Trump personally who wanted the amended Ukraine language added to the RNC platform

Yashar‏Verified account @yashar

J.D. Gordon a nat sec advisor for Donald Trump's campaign just told Jim @Acosta that he had meetings w/ Russian Ambassador during campaign.

... He also confirmed that it was Donald Trump personally who wanted the amended Ukraine language added to the RNC platform.
- New York Magazine and Daily Beast Contributing Writer.

- Fire up the engine, we're goin' in.

There's a shocker
Ha. Yeah I'm kind of a d**k at times. Won't deny that. But I am capable of mustering up sympathy for those I believe really deserve it.

Like all the people unnecessarily caught up in Trump's Muslim Ban. I have all kinds of sympathy for them. 

Ha. Yeah I'm kind of a d**k at times. Won't deny that. But I am capable of mustering up sympathy for those I believe really deserve it.

Like all the people unnecessarily caught up in Trump's Muslim Ban. I have all kinds of sympathy for them. 
I didn't mean to imply you're a ####. I just assumed you hate him because he's associated with Trump. :shrug:

At what point is there enough for them to have no choice, but to go after Trump's tax returns? 
Dems tried earlier this week but House Republicans protected DJT. Trump is guarding those hard. Can't wait to see them. 

Meh

Tax returns are just fodder for late night

To the extent they can link the Trump Organization's 515 LLCs to oligarchs, another useful step toward eventually demonstrating how much the depended on massive inflows from money laundered funds from Russia in the last 10 years

In and of themselves, they won't be incriminating

They'll simply amplify & confirm much of what we already know: he's cheap, he's shady, he's much less wealthy than his own estimates, and he's been using massive NOL carryforwards since 1994

Meh

To the extent they can link the Trump Organization's 515 LLCs to oligarchs, another useful step toward eventually demonstrating how much the depended on massive inflows from money laundered funds from Russia in the last 10 years

They'll simply amplify & confirm much of what we already know: he's cheap, he's shady, he's much less wealthy than his own estimates, and he's been using massive NOL carryforwards since 1994
I don't think everyone fully believes that. 

Meh

There are a massive amount of people that refuse to believe these things, BL.

It's possible that if you look at any given income line it will say: "ABC LLC ..................................... $xxx,000". Then you get to chase down that LLC's tax return.

That's true.

However, let's not give L'Orange too much credit here. He's not a politician. He's only been as circumspect as he's had to be as a businessman. And he's arrogant. I could see pulling one string and unraveling the whole thing.

And, anyway, the people have a right to know. So turn `em over.

Feel like we've got almost all the puzzle pieces here... but no one's seen the box top yet, so putting them together is a PITA.

Still... given what's out in the public arena at this point it wouldn't take very much more to turn this into a full-blown crisis.

So now we have multiple contacts with Kislyak during the campaign with a former staffer asserting that Trump directly the change in the GOP platform (i.e. Two huge lies from Trump).  Does anyone really believe they weren't also meeting in Europe?

It's possible that if you look at any given income line it will say: "ABC LLC ..................................... $xxx,000". Then you get to chase down that LLC's tax return.

That's true.

However, let's not give L'Orange too much credit here. He's not a politician. He's only been as circumspect as he's had to be as a businessman. And he's arrogant. I could see pulling one string and unraveling the whole thing.

And, anyway, the people have a right to know. So turn `em over.
It will definitely be helpful.

It won't be Nixon talking to Halderman 6 days after the break in.

Burt is chairman of the advisory council of The National Interest, a publication of the Center for the National Interest, a strongly pro-Russian think tank based in Washington. In May 2014, the CNI hosted a roundtable discussion at which the director of the Kremlin-backed Institute for Democracy and Cooperation strongly defended Russia’s position in Ukraine. In April, Trump chose the CNI as the venue for his first major foreign policy speech, and the audience included Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak.
- April 2016: Kislyak was in the audience for Trump's first major foreign policy speech.

- This is Richard Burt.

He may be a link from Sessions to Carter Page.

Users who are viewing this thread