What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (4 Viewers)

Dr. Octopus said:
humpback said:
jurb26 said:
It doesn't matter if he plays all 16 or not. Richardson is still going to be the starter and he will still be the 2nd back in and 3rd down option. He's had a ton of value doing that to this point so if you own him just hope that efficiency is maintained IMO.
:confused:
"He" = Bradshaw
Keep reading...
Ok. I got to the third dot and then there wasn't anything else to read.

Richardson, average ppg, is ahead of Montee Ball, LeSean McCoy, Zach Stacy, Reggie Bush, and Eddie Lacy (HP Scoring).
It's funny, once you are hit with the stigma, you just can't shake it.

Look no further than Christine Michael, he is a fantasy football legend, even though he's been a healthy scratch all season long,

and has 79 career rushing yards. He's got the reverse stigma.

CM is actually going to be inducted into the HOF at the end of this season !!

Richardson, average ppg, is ahead of Montee Ball, LeSean McCoy, Zach Stacy, Reggie Bush, and Eddie Lacy (HP Scoring).
wow. Worth quoting. Haters got a little absurd with the hate. Nope, he's not heading to the hall of fame, but biggest bust ever and all that crap was ridiculous.

That just means when bye weeks and sheer talent shake out, TRich will have delivered yet another horrible season as a starting RB in the NFL. I guess it's a talent in itself to continue to be relied upon so heavily despite such mediocrity and little history of success at the position in the NFL.

wow. Worth quoting. Haters got a little absurd with the hate. Nope, he's not heading to the hall of fame, but biggest bust ever and all that crap was ridiculous.
Not really IMHO. I don't know what HP scoring is, but I play in regular PPR leagues and right now, Lacy and Bush are ahead of him in ppg. Also, Ball, McCoy and Stacy are all within 1.3 ppg of TRich.

So, what he is saying is that he is in the middle of the pack of the RBs performing below their previous levels and are also considered to be performing poorly this year. Yet, TRich is considered to be playing well at this point, better than expected based on posts the last couple pages.

I wouldn't hang my hat on the fact that him playing well is equivalent to RBs playing awful. That isn't a good thing.

Just something I read from an NFL.com article this morning, Players to Watch I think:

4. Trent Richardson, Colts: Is Richardson showing real improvement? Well, yes. He was such a disaster last year that the Colts had to replace him with Donald Brown less than two months after surrendering a first-round draft pick for the opportunity to install him as the feature back in Pep Hamilton's power-running attack. To this point, there's no danger of that happening in 2014. Richardson still lacks vision and any semblance of burst, but his footwork is better this season -- as the video to the right shows.

You might be surprised to learn that Richardson sits a more than respectable eighth in yards after contact and seventh in Pro Football Focus' Elusiveness Rating. Through four games, he already has more runs of at least 15 yards (3) than all of last season (2). It's fitting that Richardson is taking baby steps toward respectability.

Anyone rolling him out there tonight? I know Bradshaw saw more touches last week. Does that trend continue from here on out? What do expect from T Rich tonight?

Anyone rolling him out there tonight? I know Bradshaw saw more touches last week. Does that trend continue from here on out? What do expect from T Rich tonight?
Close game: Bradshaw will get more touches

Blowout: T Rich will get more touches
Depends on who is blowing who out. If Indy goes up big, there could be some Richardson garbage stats, but don't count on it. I'm forced to start him tonight in a ppr. I'm thinking he'll go 8/30 rushing and 3/30 receiving. 10% chance of a TD. 9 point Floor, 15 point ceiling. yay

He's like Matt Asiata without the monopoly on GL work. :X

ETA: I'm sorry, this is completely false. I got his and Bradshaw's stats mixed up. TRich in fact has the second most (6) GL carries of all RBs but he's converted on exactly 0 of them. He's also tied with Gio and Almo for second most rushing attempts within the red zone (15). Oof.

Last edited by a moderator:

ETA: I'm sorry, this is completely false. I got his and Bradshaw's stats mixed up. TRich in fact has the second most (6) GL carries of all RBs but he's converted on exactly 0 of them. He's also tied with Gio and Almo for second most rushing attempts within the red zone (15). Oof.
Inside the 10:

Richardson: 8 carries, 8 yards, 1 first down, 1 TD, 1 target, 0 catches

Bradshaw: 5 carries, 11 yards, 0 first down, 0 TD, 6 targets, 5 catches, 3 TD's

Inside the 10:

Richardson: 8 carries, 8 yards, 1 first down, 1 TD, 1 target, 0 catches

Bradshaw: 5 carries, 11 yards, 0 first down, 0 TD, 6 targets, 5 catches, 3 TD's
Mine is broken up by inside the 20 (red zone) inside the 5 (goal line).

As a Colts fan what I think may happen tonight is Richardson will get more carries due to the short recovery time for Bradshaw's foot. I still see Bradshaw out-producing him with 30% of the touches.

Sad state of affairs!!! TRich jukes just to be juking.

i think he is going to find it in a week or two that is just sort of what i am feeling in my gut and i know that old pizzabreath is with me so who else is hopping on this crazy train bound for the city of new orleans well i am for one take that to the bank brohans

If Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson can do it ... I actually think this guy looked better than both of those guys at the same points in their careers. :2cents: Likely? No but possible as he keeps getting opps each week.

As a Colts fan what I think may happen tonight is Richardson will get more carries due to the short recovery time for Bradshaw's foot. I still see Bradshaw out-producing him with 30% of the touches.

If the colts actually want to win the game, bradshaw will outtouch him rather easily

He may be the slowest and least nimble running back in the history of the nfl.
RB24 over the past 3 weeks in my league. Not totally worthless. :shrug:
Being on a top 5 NFL team certainly helps him fantasy wise but my point still stands. He is a slow, plodding running back. I cannot think off the top of my head someone as bad as he that continues to get the start. Now I dont follow Indy hardly at all so I dont get the logic that they have for the way they use him. Is it they feel they have to run him because of the trade, is there little depth behind him, are they worried about Bradshaw getting hurt? I dont know, but I do know he would be complete dog crap on a team like Miami, Tenn or say Cleveland( hey wait a minute).

Any FF value Richardson has is from being force fed touches in an offense that moves the ball and scores points. He is so clearly inferior to Bradshaw its not funny.

The ways this thread has gone I almost expect someone to say he should get distance points for a 5 yard TD. Because for him that's an explosive run.

:popcorn:

Please get another TD. On my bench, won't even care if Stevan Bust Ridley underperforms in comparison if it means I can trade this tire fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread