What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Walsh‏Verified  @WalshFreedom

Look, I'm no big deal, but today is the final straw for me. I will never support Trump again. If that makes me a NeverTrumper, so be it. I am a tea party conservative, that will never change. But Trump was a traitor to this country today. That must not be accepted. Speak out.
SHUT THE #### UP, JOE.
If only there were somthing more he could do about this.

We gotta get this idiot out of office.

But I just don't see Sanders, Harris or Booker beating him in 2020. 

If Beto O'Rourke can un-seat Cruz in November I can definitely see him doing Obama-like numbers in 2024 or 2028. 

On "CBS This Morning" Monday, Ian Bremmer, president of the Eurasia Group and a CBS News senior global affairs contributor, said that backstage at the NATO meeting there were elements that were even more eyebrow-raising than reports have suggested. 

"One is that emergency session where they asked the Georgian and Ukrainian presidents to leave in the middle of their presentation. Apparently Trump said, 'OK, we're done with you now,'" Bremmer said.

"Trump was very frustrated; he wasn't getting commitments from other leaders to spend more. Many of them said, 'Well, we have to ask our parliaments. We have a process; we can't just tell you we're going to spend more, we have a legal process.' Trump turns around to the Turkish president, Recep Erdogan, and says, 'Except for Erdogan over here. He does things the right way,' and then actually fist-bumps the Turkish president."

It was a startling gesture of support for the increasingly authoritarian Turkish leader, who recently won another term and is widely expected to continue consolidating his power.

We gotta get this idiot out of office.

But I just don't see Sanders, Harris or Booker beating him in 2020. 

If Beto O'Rourke can un-seat Cruz in November I can definitely see him doing Obama-like numbers in 2024 or 2028. 
I don't see why not.  Clinton was by all accounts a flawed candidate and she got way more votes than he did, he just got them in the magic combination of places to win.   And he's gotten less popular since he was inaugurated, and unless his performance improves will likely lose some votes to lack of enthusiasm for a game-changing candidate the second time around, a la Obama in 2012.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a lock that he'll lose by any stretch. The electoral college is a #####, and I could see it becoming even worse if Trump can flip the two lily-white states he came close to getting in 2016 (NH and MN) without losing the rust belt. But I have no idea where we got this idea that he's some sort of unstoppable force.  A good candidate running a good campaign with good messaging will beat him easily.  Give me two of those and I like the odds.

One example (Epa likely to lose in court) of ovee reach was the Waters of the US. Origunally it was tha "navigable" waters of the US which had regulations regarding farming practices near rivers and lakes. A good regulation in my opinión. The Epa removed the "navigable wording  to include any water even watdr that occurs when you get heavy rains and the water is only there for a day or so. Heck after 10 inches of rain this summer 1/2 my farm land was underwater.
I’m not really well versed in the regulations put in place in this instance, and perhaps when I have time I’ll take a look or feel free to post a link to what you’re referring to- I know we’re all busy. I grew up in a rural community that with a lot of farmers in the area and also in the Great Lakes watershed, so this interests me. I also have some farmers in the family. It’s mostly family farmers, not the giant corporate farms. I’m sympathetic to famers. I’m also familiar with the issues fertilizers and manure are having on our water resources in regards to algae blooms, so I can understand that perhaps what we have historically done may be causing issues now that we didn’t consider. Any bureaucracy is sure to have some good and bad rules. I’m just pointing out that the rhetoric regarding an “overreaching epa” is misguided in the sense that you can’t put a price on clean air/water. 

Snorkelson said:
Our intelligence communities can’t be trusted, our scientists researching climate change can’t be trusted, yet Putin says he didn’t hack the election so let’s believe that. And so many of you just agree with it and I can’t for the life of me understand why. Think for yourself, read something that isn’t put out by a politically leaning news outlet, like an actual study, 

Why do you think anti-intellectualism has been pushed so hard on the conservative right the last decade or more? They didn't just one day stop believing that facts matter and are to be trusted--first they were told over and over again that anyone more educated than them was an ivory tower elitest who basically couldn't be trusted. These people have no respect for science, studies, or any kind of experts in any field. They've been manipulated to feel this way for decades. 

I don't see why not.  Clinton was by all accounts a flawed candidate and she got way more votes than he did, he just got them in the magic combination of places to win.   And he's gotten less popular since he was inaugurated, and unless his performance improves will likely lose some votes to lack of enthusiasm for a game-changing candidate the second time around, a la Obama in 2012.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a lock that he'll lose by any stretch. The electoral college is a #####, and I could see it becoming even worse if Trump can flip the two lily-white states he came close to getting in 2016 (NH and MN) without losing the rust belt. But I have no idea where we got this idea that he's some sort of unstoppable force.  A good candidate running a good campaign with good messaging will beat him easily.  Give me two of those and I like the odds.
Funny how that happened.

I will be contacting  every congressman and candidate for state and national office expressing my thoughts in Trumps actions today and so far...and asking their thoughts and if they support those things.

The only way the GOP will stop enabling this behavior is if their own numbers are in trouble.  It’s up to the voters to show that displeasure and out that pressure on them.

Right. The idea of conservation dates back to GOP President Teddy Roosevelt in an effort to protect American resources from overzealous business that was willing to use and destroy resources for profit. From there out both Democratic and Republican politicians worked with scientists to improve the health of the country and it's resources. Nixon and then Bush signed the Clean Air Act. Bush considered it one of his crowning achievements. Reducing pollution and protecting our land, air and water from profiteers was never a partisan issue. What changed in the last 5-10 years? 
To be fair, lobbyists have long been willing to stuff politicians' pockets with cash to circumvent regulations.

Kaitlan Collins‏ @kaitlancollins 5h5 hours ago

White House officials are openly admitting they don’t know how to respond to questions about President Trump’s press conference. Asked if anyone from the administration will resign over the president’s remarks, a senior White House official quipped, “Good question.”

Snorkelson said:
“Over reaching” epa regulations weren’t  just put in place to be jerks and stifle business and growth. Typically it’s because there has been something we’ve been doing that has an effect on our air/water and then is regulated to cut down/stop/reverse the damage already done. At one point it was pretty standard practice to dump this stuff in the river or bury those barrels over there. 

Chances are rolling back epa regulations will have zero effect on your personal pocketbook outside of corporate investments. It can absolutely impact your health though. 
That's not true.   The idiotic re-commitment to coal and tariffs on solar energy components will harm the economy, and the policies continue to make us fall behind China in an extremely profitable renewable energy field.  Energy prices will rise as we continue to flounder in this area.

That's not true.   The idiotic re-commitment to coal and tariffs on solar energy components will harm the economy, and the policies continue to make us fall behind China in an extremely profitable renewable energy field.  Energy prices will rise as we continue to flounder in this area.
I meant in a plus manner, I agree there are plenty of consequences 

It's so disheartening that there's nothing to do to stop what's happening.

There's even a system in place to have a President removed if he's clearly unfit to lead our nation yet it's essentially useless.

Every single Republican in office that refuses to do what's right so they can stay in office and line their pockets are as shameful as Trump. 

I'm so thoroughly heartbroken and disgusted. Never would I have imagined we'd ever get to where we are now.

New ICE Agent Establishes Dominance By Beating Up Biggest Child Prisoner On First Day https://trib.al/weFYfcj

MCALLEN, TX—In an effort to teach other juvenile detainees to keep their distance, newly hired ICE agent Kevin Michelson revealed this week that he had established dominance on his first day by beating up the biggest child prisoner he could find. “Just to make sure the pecking order in this place is crystal clear, I started out the day by going up to this huge 7-year-old in his holding cell and just knocking the #### out of him,” said Michelson, who expressed confidence that none of the other child prisoners would mess with him after witnessing the beat-down he dealt to the “absolutely massive” first-grader. “This kid was giant, too. Must have been 4 feet 2 inches, 85 pounds at least—so you know he commanded respect. Thank God he went down easy with a couple pops and a blow from a nightstick. Otherwise, who knows what kind of hassles those child prisoners would be giving me.” Michelson added that while he felt secure in his newly earned status, he would still not hesitate to mace a 6-month-old prisoner who had been giving him the stink eye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pffft this happened to multiple houses in my city the day after the election (except Hispanics were targeted).  What took this person so long?
"Hail Trump" when they probably meant "Heil Trump"? Hinges on whether the artist is a nazi or a satanist.

Senator Bob Corker‏ @SenBobCorker 17m17 minutes ago

The dam is finally breaking. Thankfully.

As the president taxes Americans with tariffs, he pushes away our allies and further strengthens Putin.

It is time for Congress to step up and take back our authorities.

We have legislation to do that. Let’s vote.

Fox News now discussing if Trump's intelligence team shouls step down in protest or needs to stay because the country needs them more than ever now. This is really ugly. He better have the next Gettysburg Address ready or he's going to sink today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fox News now discussing if Trump's intelligence team shouls step down in protest or needs to stay because the country needs them more than ever now. This is really ugly. He better have the next Gettysburg Address ready or he's going to sink today.
Who exactly does Fox mean when they say "Trump's intelligence team?"

If he comes out with that schtick, he is going down. It is going to be some BS read off a teleprompter that someone else wrote. 
So it'll be ZombieTrump? Dunno. He seems a wee bit hot and bothered this morning, not sure he can toe the line

Reuters Politics‏Verified account @ReutersPolitics

FollowFollow @ReutersPolitics

More

MORE: Trump says he meant to say in Helsinki that he saw no reason why it would not be Russia that interfered in elections

11:31 AM - 17 Jul 2018

How long into his remarks till we hear the first mention of the DNC server and missing emails?
If he comes out with that schtick, he is going down. It is going to be some BS read off a teleprompter that someone else wrote. 
Fox just read part of the statement Trump is expected to give.  Part of it reads that he accepts Russia was involved by perhaps others as well.  Hmmm...

Reuters Politics‏Verified account @ReutersPolitics

FollowFollow @ReutersPolitics

More

MORE: Trump says he meant to say in Helsinki that he saw no reason why it would not be Russia that interfered in elections

11:31 AM - 17 Jul 2018
lol.  i didn't not see no reason why they wouldn't not interfere.

I laughed.

Dennis Dodd‏Verified account @dennisdoddcbs

More

Dan Mullen: “I’m the opposite of Trump. I’m here to fill The Swamp, not drain The Swamp.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread