What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on this video? (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/10/texas-man-brutally-punches-woman-parking-spot-dispute/

The blue car went around the SUV and stole the spot. His reaction is to kick their car. The woman then takes a swing at the guy, who then pummels her.

All around, they all look like morons, but he could’ve just shoved her away instead of pummeling her. 

This video is everything wrong with human beings. They didn’t need to steal his spot, he didn’t need to kick their car, she didn’t need to swing at him, he def didn’t need to beat her. Pretty awful and easily could’ve been avoided - shame humans are this dumb.

But that lady drives a Lexus - she is entitled.

Her move to steal that spot is just about the boldest thing I have seen in a parking lot.  Trash people. 

Feeling entitled to full swing on a man no matter how big, without consequence just adds to the entitlement.  

I'm not a violent person, but that doesn't mean that I don't ever believe in violence. 

This will likely be unpopular but they got what they deserved.   

It’s horrible. Stuff like this is also pretty rare. Most people in the real world treat others fairly decently. 

Feeling entitled to full swing on a man no matter how big, without consequence just adds to the entitlement.  

this

this dude took it to 11afterward and was waayyy out of control. But she came out of the car ready to swing, and if you swing, someone might swing back. 

Gotta say that chick in yellow is a badass.  No way I'm rolling up to that dude and swinging let alone getting back up for some more.  

ETA - It's fair to substitute 'bad' with 'dumb' in the above sentence.  

Last edited by a moderator:
So much wrong and ugliness in that video.  Another sad part is that all three of them believe they were right in what they did.   Shame on the driver who stole the spot knowing full well he was backing into it.  He shouldn't have kicked the car.  Just go find another spot.  Shame on the girl who thought it was okay and smart to throw a punch at an obviously upset man.  Shame on the man who couldn't take the high road.  Sad day.

When this happened in Seinfeld, they didn't resort to slinging fists at each other.  They engaged in some light sarcastic banter until a solution could be reached.  No one was assaulted.  

On another note, the video (down in the comments) of the old man knocking out the two young muggers was awesome.  

fantasycurse42 said:
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/10/texas-man-brutally-punches-woman-parking-spot-dispute/

The blue car went around the SUV and stole the spot. His reaction is to kick their car. The woman then takes a swing at the guy, who then pummels her.

All around, they all look like morons, but he could’ve just shoved her away instead of pummeling her. 

This video is everything wrong with human beings. They didn’t need to steal his spot, he didn’t need to kick their car, she didn’t need to swing at him, he def didn’t need to beat her. Pretty awful and easily could’ve been avoided - shame humans are this dumb.
:goodposting:  Every day, it seems more people are incapable of just letting something go. Someone does something they don't like, they feel they MUST do something back. Instead of just rolling their eyes and moving on, they take it to another level. Quickly. People seem to red-line faster these days than I ever remember before. Stuff escalates way too fast.

Being the bigger man and just walking away doesn't seem to be an option (a growing number of people) are willing to consider.

I can't believe that someone wasn't shot.   Ever since we got open carry weapons here everyone is so much nicer. 

I don't think she thought she stole it.  
Completely disagree. I went back and watched the beginning of it again after your comment. 

He was clearly backing in and she sped up to go around him and grab it. He instantly got out of his car to tell her and she completely disregarded what he was saying. Now I'm sure they weren't exchanging pleasantries, but her response appears to have further enraged him, so I'd assume it was far from apologetic. 

Binky The Doormat said:
That Lexus is at the latest a 2003 RX.  Maybe late 90s based on the headlamp and sunroof style.  Can be had for maybe 3 racks.  Worth probably 2.  

Video keeps on giving every time I watch it.

1. Was there someone in the passenger seat who never even gets out? If not why is the daughter sitting in the backseat?

2. How long is the mother planning on laying on the pavement after getting tossed?

3. What exactly is the mother pointing at after she blows him off? It’s ok cause I’m just going on there?

I don't think she thought she stole it.  
This was my initial reaction, thinking that the guy should have had his blinkers on. After watching the video closer, I agree with fantasycurse, he was backing up; now that doesn't mean that she was aware that he was backing up. With him being stopped in front of the restaurant, I could see how you could think he was waiting.

Now, I agree that backing into spots is obnoxious. If you need to, then go to an outer spot and go where there is plenty of space. I was most bothered by the reactions of the people watching the video, and unless they are watching a recording of it, they should be reacting more, calling for police and such.

Binky The Doormat said:
That Lexus is at the latest a 2003 RX.  Maybe late 90s based on the headlamp and sunroof style.  Can be had for maybe 3 racks.  Worth probably 2.  
Doesn't the fact that she is trying to buy into the low end of a more expensive brand of vehicles make her feel that she is more entitled?

Doesn't the fact that she is trying to buy into the low end of a more expensive brand of vehicles make her feel that she is more entitled?
No, the common conventional wisdom you get out in the wild is buy used toyota products if buying 100kmile and up vehicles.

No, the common conventional wisdom you get out in the wild is buy used toyota products if buying 100kmile and up vehicles.
I don't know, "I deserve a Lexus, even if I can only afford the lowest priced one...People will look up to me because of the brand of my car!" seems entitled.

Video keeps on giving every time I watch it.

1. Was there someone in the passenger seat who never even gets out? If not why is the daughter sitting in the backseat?

2. How long is the mother planning on laying on the pavement after getting tossed?

3. What exactly is the mother pointing at after she blows him off? It’s ok cause I’m just going on there?
https://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/mother-and-daughter-beaten-over-a-parking-space

"I just blew him off I'm parked I'm going in," Norma Lozano said.

The drama happened outside Golden Wok on Marbach near Loop 410.

The angry man, yelled and cursed, accusing two women of taking his parking spot.

"I'm parked, go find another parking," Norma Lozano said. "There's other parking slots in the parking lot."

Instead the stranger began to take his anger out on their car kicking, and punching but that's wasn't enough.

He then turned to Anjelica Lozano.

"I just remember my hair being pulled getting hit to my face he threw me down to the ground he was punching me," said Anjelica Lozano.
hmmmm......curious; no mention of her throwing the 1st shot there?

Her mother Norma Lozano was next.

"He came at me, and he pushed me and he uppercut me I flew through the air and I landed and I hit my head," Norma Lorzano said. "I didn't know what was happening, I was on the ground, my head was pounding, my back is hurting. I didn't know what was happening."
Uppercut? that was a push to the side at best as he was walking back to his car. Looks like the kid got more of a knuckle sandwich then mom given the way she rolled into the picture from behind the car. 

Not to excuse the situation coming to blows over a damn parking spot, but he had a terrible starting position. No way he was backing in without some forward maneuvering.  If he had been in a better starting position, she probably wouldn't have been able to get around him. 

I own a very large truck, at least a very long vehicle, when leaving a parking spot I have much better vision going forward then backwards.  Backing into a spot requires being more careful but when I leave a parking spot much less chance a vehicle or pedestrian will get into a blind spot.
I was with Culdeus, but upon further review, this is an acceptable answer.

Side note, I really hate when people back into parking spots
Weird thing to get angry about.  The clearance to the ground on the front of my car is only about four inches. I can't park forward facing when there are parking blocks without sticking way out or risk damaging my car.  Also, with a rear view camera and rear sensors, it's much easier to position my car backing up into a spot.

Users who are viewing this thread