What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Time to eat Crow..........The FBG Gang was right (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTex

Don't mess with Texas
When FBG put Tikki on the cover of the mag, they got slammed, laughed at and talked about, well looks like they got the last laugh.Good job FBG!!!! :thumbup: Redraft Money League, I drafted him in the second round and here's were he's ranked:PPR League9th overall5th RBDynasty LeagueNon PPR3rd RBWere did he ranked in your league?By the way, those that slammed them on these boards, time to eat crow. :pics:

Last edited by a moderator:
When FBG put Tikki on the cover of the mag, they got slammed, laughed at and talked about, well looks like they got the last laugh.

Good job FBG!!!! :thumbup:

Redraft Money League, I drafted him in the second round and here's were he's ranked:

PPR League

9th overall

5th RB

Dynasty League

Non PPR

3rd RB

Were did he ranked in your league?

By the way, those that slammed them on these boards, time to eat crow. :pics:
Wasn't Tiki a top-3 RB last year? How the hell does that qualify as a sleeper?

When FBG put Tikki on the cover of the mag, they got slammed, laughed at and talked about, well looks like they got the last laugh.

Redraft Money League, I drafted him in the second round and here's were he's ranked:

PPR League

9th overall

5th RB

Dynasty League

Non PPR

3rd RB

let's not rain anyone's parade with logic, cappy. :no: This is the shark pool..... just roll with it. :thumbup:

It DID take some stones to throw the guy on the cover though instead of the usual Peyton Manning / LT2 / etc

]

PPR League

9th overall

5th RB

Dynasty League

Non PPR

3rd RB

let's not rain anyone's parade with logic, cappy. :no: This is the shark pool..... just roll with it. :thumbup:
Good point.CONGRATS FBG! :thumbup: Way to nail that Alexander sleeper call as well!

Tiki has been amazing for sure. I absolutely hate the Giants, but when he slid all the way down to me at the 30/31 pivot in our 10-team league, I had to "hold my nose" and take him :) He's ranked 5th in RB points in our league at 109 (by comparison Alexander has 187, Tomlinson 167, LJ 134, Edge 123. Rudi is 6th with 105). An unbelievable bargain for sure!And yep, I'm in the title game in that league :banned: -QGEdit to add: IMO Tiki is/was a sleeper because he's always underdrafted, even though he's put up big numbers in the past. In his first breakout season I remember getting him off the waiver wire and plugging him in. Even with the big numbers last year, the vulture Brandon Jacobs loomed as well as the uncertainty that starts to creep in with a back over 30 (btw he might actually be good dynasty trade fodder after this year as he says he wants to get to 10,000 yards and retire - the article in the local paper basically talked about how he's set himself up for future ventures).I don't think I'm the only guy who got Tiki as like the 15th back off the board (and in his home market no less with Giants fans in the league!). That to me qualifies him as a true sleeper - even if it's in broad daylight.

PPR League

9th overall

5th RB

Dynasty League

Non PPR

3rd RB

I have always been a big Tiki Barber fan but I think a lot of people were wary of drafting him this year due his horrible performance a few years ago which he had 2 TD the entire year, the development of Eli at QB and the uncertainty of how well the OL would play. As it turned out Tiki played great this year, which was helped by the play of Eli Manning (thanks newly signed Plexico Burress and Shocky also). FBG hit the nail on the head with this one by discerning out all the factors and finding a gem not may people have thought was fantasy gold.

PPR League

9th overall

5th RB

Dynasty League

Non PPR

3rd RB

Tikki is always under-rated, I may not qualify him as a sleeper, you may not qualify him as a sleeper but it really doesn't matter. Joe and the other guys got slammed for putting Tikki on the cover...............EAT CROW!!!!!!!!

PPR League

9th overall

5th RB

Dynasty League

Non PPR

3rd RB

I have always been a big Tiki Barber fan but I think a lot of people were wary of drafting him this year due his horrible performance a few years ago which he had 2 TD the entire year, the development of Eli at QB and the uncertainty of how well the OL would play. As it turned out Tiki played great this year, which was helped by the play of Eli Manning (thanks newly signed Plexico Burress and Shocky also). FBG hit the nail on the head with this one by discerning out all the factors and finding a gem not may people have thought was fantasy gold.
Tiki went at 1.06 in my league.No idea what you guys are talking about here. He wasn't even close to being a sleeper.

PPR League

9th overall

5th RB

Dynasty League

Non PPR

3rd RB

Tikki is always under-rated, I may not qualify him as a sleeper, you may not qualify him as a sleeper but it really doesn't matter. Joe and the other guys got slammed for putting Tikki on the cover...............EAT CROW!!!!!!!!
Eat crow for what? I was one of Tiki's biggest supporters. Are you high right now?

PPR League

9th overall

5th RB

Dynasty League

Non PPR

3rd RB

because no one would take him top three, or even top 5.

I think you missed the point of putting Tiki on the cover. It wasn't that they were predicting him as a sleeper for this year; they were saying he was the steal of the draft last year, and suggesting that the magazine would help you find this year's Tiki Barber.

PPR League

9th overall

5th RB

Dynasty League

Non PPR

3rd RB

Eat crow for what? I was one of Tiki's biggest supporters. Are you high right now?
Do you have a selective reading disorder? If you didn't slam FBG for putting Tikki on the cover then it's obvious I'm not talking to you.

I should point out that the league in question is more td-heavy than most.6 for all TDs1 pt for each 25 yards rushing, starting at 50.no RB points for receptions.Tiki's value does vary by the type of league more than most players.-QG

I'm trying to remember the poster who said that Tiki scoring 10 TDs was a statistical impossibility . :lol:

PPR League

9th overall

5th RB

Dynasty League

Non PPR

3rd RB

He went 1.06 in my league. You guys are making less sense than usual in here. :shrug:

I think you missed the point of putting Tiki on the cover. It wasn't that they were predicting him as a sleeper for this year; they were saying he was the steal of the draft last year, and suggesting that the magazine would help you find this year's Tiki Barber.
Hello Calbear,What I'm trying to say is the FBG got slammed for putting Tikki on the cover. At the start of the season someone actually starting a thread about how stupid it was to put Tikki on the cover (and I believe he wasn't doing so well).

I would find the thread...............but I'm on vacation. :banned:

The turning point of my season. Took DD with the 8th overall pick. On the way back wanted Kevin Jones but he was taken right before. Was left with the following 3 RBs that I thought were all equal (Ahman, Tiki, Rudi) and 1 sleeper (Jackson). I wasnt crazy about any of the 3 equal RBs and thought it was too early to select Jackson. I was so titched on getting value and I thought the other 3 were very equal so I wanted to get a stud. Never again will I draft for value. Instead Ill take the player I like best. I decided against any RB and took Culpepper. :cry:

PPR League

9th overall

5th RB

Dynasty League

Non PPR

3rd RB

Tiki went at 1.06 in my league.No idea what you guys are talking about here. He wasn't even close to being a sleeper.
Not a sleeper but in most leagues he was available in the latter 1st early second round.From Ants

12 team league Flex

ADP High Low

Tiki Barber RB NYG 2.09 1.10 3.11

PPR League

9th overall

5th RB

Dynasty League

Non PPR

3rd RB

He went 1.06 in my league. You guys are making less sense than usual in here. :shrug:
6 is one louder than 5. :bye:

Last edited:
Tiki was underrated this year by a lot of ppl. Most ppl had him going late 2nd round, when this year he's been producing like a top 5 back. I remember most of the commotion was around Brandon Jacobs, and how he was going to steal tons of TDs from Tiki. I remember this mainly because I considered him...sadly, I let the Brandon Jacobs talk get to me and I let him pass.

PPR League

9th overall

5th RB

Dynasty League

Non PPR

3rd RB

Not a sleeper but in most leagues he was available in the latter 1st early second round.From Ants

12 team league Flex

ADP High Low

Tiki Barber RB NYG 2.09 1.10 3.11
I'm also in Ants, and I drafted him 2.04 :thumbup:

Umm, not to rain on anyone's crow eating, but FBG's projected Tiki as RB12 in their projections.He was on the cover of the magazine because FBGs projected him higher than most in 04, the previous season.

Umm, not to rain on anyone's crow eating, but FBG's projected Tiki as RB12 in their projections.

He was on the cover of the magazine because FBGs projected him higher than most in 04, the previous season.
(HULK), I can understand the confusion, you must read the Tikki thread to know what I'm talking about. Sorry for the perplexity. Joe's serving up crow :popcorn:

Tex... what's the story behind your sig? What's to fear when you're sitting on your couch in your boxers swilling beer watching real atheletes do all the work (which is all fantasy football is).... or are you just taking the whole "fantasy" thing to the next level?

]Tex...

what's the story behind your sig?

What's to fear when you're sitting on your couch in your boxers swilling beer watching real atheletes do all the work (which is all fantasy football is).... or are you just taking the whole "fantasy" thing to the next level?
[icon], my sig has to do with "life", in some cases, in my opinion. What seperates successful from the non sucessful is the willing to take chances. I've made a great profit in the restaurant business in which some told me I'd fail.Currently helping a friend open up a bar in Grapevine and I'll be opening up another restaurant in Foresthills. "Fear is not an option"

As far as "fantasy" goes, that's just what it is, fantasy football.

PPR League

9th overall

5th RB

Dynasty League

Non PPR

3rd RB

Same here. 1.07 in our league. Sleeper?

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread