What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TO leaves camp (1 Viewer)

If I'm Marvin Lewis I am on the phone with Philly right now. How would Peter Warrick or Kelley Washington look in Iggies green? Better than the crap they have to throw out there right now :yes:
you have to mean Chad J right? TO for Kelly W or Warrick? STOP CHAD or nothing..so its nothning...lol

If I'm Marvin Lewis I am on the phone with Philly right now. How would Peter Warrick or Kelley Washington look in Iggies green? Better than the crap they have to throw out there right now :yes:
you have to mean Chad J right? TO for Kelly W or Warrick? STOP CHAD or nothing..so its nothning...lol
no. The Bengals don't need to TO, the Eagles need some recievers. If I'm the Bengals (which thankfully I'm not) I'm shipping Warrick and/or Washington plus a pick to Phily for Corey Simon :thumbup:

by the way who this will help most is Westbrook he will catch 100 balls now.

I don't think he was implying that the Bengals trade for TO, but that the Bengals could try to trade Warrick or Washington to the Eagles for a player or draft pick.

from comcastOwens Returns to Home in New Jerseyby Andy SchwartzComcastSportsNet.comBETHLEHEM, Pa. – Terrell Owens has left training camp and returned to his home in New Jersey following an apparent verbal disagreement with head coach Andy Reid. The dispute occurred during a meeting. Owens left the meeting, packed up his belongings and drove home. Owens’ publicist, who confirmed the incident and that Owens has left, is currently en route from Los Angeles to Philadelphia. Owens did not practice with the team Wednesday morning but did work out with assistant trainer Chris Peduzzi on one of the adjacent practice fields. Owens has missed five of the last six days with a groin injury suffered last Thursday. He ran some light routes and caught passes from a machine. Owens is in the second year of a seven-year contract worth just under $49 million but would like it renegotiated. The Eagles have made it clear that they have no intention of doing so. On Aug. 1, Owens reported to camp on time with the rest of the veterans, and his agent Drew Rosenhaus said that a walkout was highly unlikely.(more coming … )

by the way who this will help most is Westbrook he will catch 100 balls now.
I think LJ Smith could stand to rise a bit as well. Too bad I just traded him for Key.Johnson. :cry:

So, what say the Eagles fans to those (including myself) that stated it might be the best thing to happen to the Ravens to have not pushed TO into staying in B-more. What a disaster this guy is becoming for a once proud franchise.

So, what say the Eagles fans to those (including myself) that stated it might be the best thing to happen to the Ravens to have not pushed TO into staying in B-more.

What a disaster this guy is becoming for a once proud franchise.
whoa, don't get ahead of yerself there, isn't this battery place? I know it's the place that cheered Mike Irvins career ending injury...

So, what say the Eagles fans to those (including myself) that stated it might be the best thing to happen to the Ravens to have not pushed TO into staying in B-more.

Super Bowl curse... lose the SB and go down the crapper!Its already starting for the Iggles.

(Or does this fall under Madden curse for McNabb) :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we get cabin pressure back please.1. If he is going home to Atlanta, is Philly working a trade with Atlanta possibly? I have no idea if they do, it's an innocent question.2. You could see this coming when Drew Rosenhaus said he will not be happy. It's like saying oh yeah, we'll be in camp but we are going to systematically corrupt the team unless we get more money starting with lil fake injuries.3. While Andy Reid and the Eagles have been to NFC Championships without TO, I think this would cripple their offense. They still have a great defense, but this offense would be very hard to score 21+ points on any regular bases without TO. While Oinkston was not a great WR you would be down WR1 and WR2 in a WCO...that's a recipe for disaster. Westbrook is the only healthy RB really...you could line him up at Flanker I guess when you don't plan on handing him the ball.I think it's a bit early to dismiss TO from the Eagles. Maybe Reid told him to take a hike for a few days/weeks and clear his head. I still think TO plays week1.

I don't think he was implying that the Bengals trade for TO, but that the Bengals could try to trade Warrick or Washington to the Eagles for a player or draft pick.
got ya's and AGREED

Pats have a WR or two to burn:Branch - untouchable at this point

Givens - due for a big pay day as he will be a UFA - could move him

Troy Brown - going to finish his career in NE

David Terrell - NE impressed with him so far

PK Sam - also impressed with him, but I'm sure willing to part with for right offer

Bethel Johnson - definitely available

Tim Dwight - said to be on the fence...get something for him while you can

Brandon Childress - they've been hyping him in the papers

Surely a deal can be had.

whoa, don't get ahead of yerself there, isn't this battery place? I know it's the place that cheered Mike Irvins career ending injury...
Their fans have a history of being disgusting and worthy of these TO like actions.The organization, however, under Reid and with Donovan, has been very classy and very much a team - until TO mucked it all up.

How are the Eagles losing face here? The machine will roll on without him. He's not bigger then the team and they've made that pretty clear so far.

Can we get cabin pressure back please.

1. If he is going home to Atlanta, is Philly working a trade with Atlanta possibly? I have no idea if they do, it's an innocent question.

2. You could see this coming when Drew Rosenhaus said he will not be happy. It's like saying oh yeah, we'll be in camp but we are going to systematically corrupt the team unless we get more money starting with lil fake injuries.

3. While Andy Reid and the Eagles have been to NFC Championships without TO, I think this would cripple their offense. They still have a great defense, but this offense would be very hard to score 21+ points on any regular bases without TO. While Oinkston was not a great WR you would be down WR1 and WR2 in a WCO...that's a recipe for disaster. Westbrook is the only healthy RB really...you could line him up at Flanker I guess when you don't plan on handing him the ball.

I think it's a bit early to dismiss TO from the Eagles. Maybe Reid told him to take a hike for a few days/weeks and clear his head. I still think TO plays week1.
:goodposting: i dont understand why everyone is already assuming what? that TO is missing the whole season?

like i said, approach the TO owner in your dynasty about a trade, he just might give him to you for johnnie morton.

Their fans have a history of being disgusting and worthy of these TO like actions.The organization, however, under Reid and with Donovan, has been very classy and very much a team - until TO mucked it all up.
valid counter...

1. If he is going home to Atlanta, is Philly working a trade with Atlanta possibly? I have no idea if they do, it's an innocent question.

2. You could see this coming when Drew Rosenhaus said he will not be happy. It's like saying oh yeah, we'll be in camp but we are going to systematically corrupt the team unless we get more money starting with lil fake injuries.

3. While Andy Reid and the Eagles have been to NFC Championships without TO, I think this would cripple their offense. They still have a great defense, but this offense would be very hard to score 21+ points on any regular bases without TO. While Oinkston was not a great WR you would be down WR1 and WR2 in a WCO...that's a recipe for disaster. Westbrook is the only healthy RB really...you could line him up at Flanker I guess when you don't plan on handing him the ball.

I think it's a bit early to dismiss TO from the Eagles. Maybe Reid told him to take a hike for a few days/weeks and clear his head. I still think TO plays week1.
plays week one where? If the exchange with Reid got very nasty there is no way he comes back IMO.

A Proud Franchise ?? :rolleyes: Maybe a Franchise that never won a Super Bowl and fills a stadium "The Stinc" with more trash than a North Jersey landfill.

Lol @ the Eagles being a proud franchise. Next they will be steeped with winning tradition.They have been competitive for a couple of years, but let's not get out of hand here and start throwing around 'proud franchise'.

I think it's a bit early to dismiss TO from the Eagles.  Maybe Reid told him to take a hike for a few days/weeks and clear his head. I still think TO plays week1.
plays week one where? If the exchange with Reid got very nasty there is no way he comes back IMO.
I hand it to you, maybe you're right...mybe I don't want to believe this is all true. This is going to kill McNabb in the drafts. You could clearly see where McNabb was leaps and bounds better. I don't see Lewis being the man...you might see at best some stats like what James Thrash put up.

why any contending team would wanna take this jack### on is beyond me.if he was any more cancerous, he'd be a walking tumorLoop

All that is known for sure is that he got into a verbal disagrrement with Andy Reid. He may have been asked to leave by Reid because he was a disruption, or maybe he left of his own volition. Either way, from his home in New Jersey he could easily get up and drive to camp tomorrow morning. His publicist is in route to Philly for a reason, I bet. He acts dumb but he is not stupid, IMO. I do not see any chance he jeopardizes his season. I have to think T.O. will be playing week 1 vs. Atlanta.

217 User(s) are reading this topic (71 Guests and 4 Anonymous Users)142 Members: MBH_14, crowe1130, Oaktown, yellowdog, Kuz, Fodasme69, IDP4ME, DeepOut, wannabee, Isotopes, TeddyKGB, Bonzai, Superdbs, Diamond, Vicktimized, Eagle Eye, onionsack, Jaysus, Workhorse, CalBear, dudaman, drpill, bigfun54, potsie, Holy Schneikes, Loopdog, Ditkaless Wonders, Governor Arnold, McWeed, JaxBill, Hear-the-Footsteps, sunuvabeeyaach, Cunning Linguist, Tough As Nails, BigActionMike, strykerpks, Andy Dufresne, s_ezy, dozer, mojorizin, larz, HobbesAB, Wheelhouse, Colin Dowling, whefner, RBM, satch, fuzzyblurz, Spike, DonnyT33, S.K.A., Maulers, FunkyPlutos, morehouse_slim, Gigantomachia, higgins, PAO, madviking10, purplehaze67, LTsharks, citsalp, Buddy Ball 2K3, nephilim, juveduke, guderian, Vic Vega, baymen, Otis, Harald, Colt Of Personality, sheerterror, BigTex, sjslacker, hollaatyaboy, TheFanatic, Jim Otto, Sammy3469, cutter, EZD222, Polyethylene Bag, Deranged Hermit, RestoreTheROAR, mydixiewreckd, Muahahaha, MightyMice, Capella, huckyoda, Mapmaker, Dorvaan, dellapu, Angry Beavers, heinfatha, azcards33, leif74, VerticalVike, dgreen, IamBreaux, dapunisher, UAalumni, Nucular George, Redhots GM, FFLMASTER, The FPI, Leo2228, Johnny Ice, NoCheese, Metallurgist, Joe Davola, John 14:6, Trey, Tremendous Upside, Pops, msommer, Wildcat, *****, nerangers, eddiezz74, 919, Kegs & Eggs, Lehigh98, Z-Dog, Memphis Foundry, Marms, DazYam48, Da Good Da Bad an Da Ugly, doomsdaydoc, Meat, AutumnMagic, Frenchy Fuqua, Yo Eleven, Franknbeans, DoctorFantasy, The (Grid)Iron Giant, Kenlin, dutch, pricklypete, brew crew, GATZ, bro1ncos, Bob Magaw, Bears_Man, roach23 :eek:

So am I to understand we have confirmation the only thing really wrong with Philadelphia is the people that live there?

Pats have a WR or two to burn:

Branch - untouchable at this point

PK Sam - also impressed with him, but I'm sure willing to part with for right offer

I think they would look for better wr's than these guys. Maybe Givens, maybe...the rest are worse than Freddie Mitchell.

Man I was looking forward to draftin Westbrook.. :thumbdown:
draft away he gets all ther more touches and scores, what are you talking about. Someone has to score there and Westy is the prime canidate right now to get the most.

So am I to understand we have confirmation the only thing really wrong with Philadelphia is the people that live there?
who said it was the only thing ;)

Man I was looking forward to draftin Westbrook..  :thumbdown:
draft away he gets all ther more touches and scores, what are you talking about. Someone has to score there and Westy is the prime canidate right now to get the most.
If TO is done, this overinflates Westbrook's value.

Would Philly fans like to see the organization acquiesce and trade T.O., or would you rather keep him and 'teach him a lesson'?I think at this point, with a great core of players, I would try to remove this cancer and not be concerned with trying to save face or act tough. Dump him for whatever you can and move on.

right!! :thumbup:

Pats have a WR or two to burn:

Branch - untouchable at this point

I think they would look for better wr's than these guys. Maybe Givens, maybe...the rest are worse than Freddie Mitchell.

The Eagles would probably disagree that Deion Branch is worse than anybody.

I hear Detroit needs another receiver, they only have three young, first rounders. This way, he can be reunited with Garcia. :sarcasm:

Pats have a WR or two to burn:Branch - untouchable at this point

You cannot be serious.Cap implications aside, the Pats would love to acquire TO.

Branch is untouchable? I'm sorry, but if the Rams called today and said "Torry Holt for Branch.", you're telling us the Pats would say "Sorry, but Branch is untouchable."? (Or Chad Johnson or TO or a half dozen - at least - other WRs.)

BTW, I'm a Pats homer.

Lehigh,

Was the rushing TD total a coincidence that in '03 the Eagles had 20 rushing TDs from RBs, and with TO in '04 it was 10? Sure, the loss of CBuck and Staley had something to do with it. But the passing TDs went from 17 to 32 TDs. Just a coincidence ...?
1999 - 52000 - 7

2001 - 4

2002 - 6

2003 - 20

20 was a fluke.

Users who are viewing this thread