What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Toy Story Game (1 Viewer)

VikingFrog

Footballguy
Live from Andy’s room!

I have three young kids, that don’t necessarily dislike football, but they do ask me to change the channel if we’ve been watching too much.

They are pretty pumped to watch this Disney + Toy Story game.

I’m intrigued to see what it’s like.

Feels like a giant “bit” to me, but it could be fun if done well.

Live from Andy’s room!

I have three young kids, that don’t necessarily dislike football, but they do ask me to change the channel if we’ve been watching too much.

They are pretty pumped to watch this Disney + Toy Story game.

I’m intrigued to see what it’s like.

Feels like a giant “bit” to me, but it could be fun if done well.
I assume it'll be like the Nickelodeon games.

They'll add some animation in here and there. It's not excessive to the point where it interferes with the game. Think it's a great idea to help involve the kids. They'll be eagerly awaiting the next appearance of Wood/Buzz/whoever

Terribly buggy so far lol
Yeah. This is pretty terrible. But my kids are glued to it lol. So I guess it’s working.

I did like how the announcers were sort of over explaining the rules.

As someone who’s gone to Major League Baseball games with international clients, I can respect a good rules/strategy explanation.

I almost started sobbing when I thought this was my only way to watch this morning but realized it was on Hulu and smiled instead.

it was glitchy, which was part of the fun for me and my 16 year old. we just laughed the entire time at the silliness of it all.

doubt we would’ve watched any of it if it wasn’t for the gimmick.

I’m actually amazed it worked as well as it did. if they can fine tune it, they may be on to something.

new movie/cartoon coming out? make the characters part of the game. the NFL is really good at making money.

it was awesome, watched it with my 11 yr old son it was pretty funny the not booger McF announcer was comedic , booger was his usual lousy self. but it was enjoyable to see it
I'd probably watch a SB in this format it's funny.

Watched some of it, although my 8-year-old watched for about 10 seconds and then asked if we could switch to "Boss Baby".

I thought it was an impressive accomplishment from a technological perspective. But the viewing experience made me feel like I was back in the '90s watching Tecmo Bowl. I liked the Nickelodeon broadcast a couple years ago much better. Hoping they do that again

I would just like for the NFL to show me their games, which I am more than willing to pay for. The business model that calls for hiding games on obscure networks where paying customers can't find them seems dubious to me.

I would just like for the NFL to show me their games, which I am more than willing to pay for. The business model that calls for hiding games on obscure networks where paying customers can't find them seems dubious to me.
They believe they have a product so in demand that people will pay to seek it out. That's what they're selling to those networks and streaming services anyway. Guess we'll see if it's true.

They believe they have a product so in demand that people will pay to seek it out. That's what they're selling to those networks and streaming services anyway. Guess we'll see if it's true.
I think it's all about experimentation. Amazon and ESPN+ represent the first time games have been exclusively available on streaming. They want to see how much of an audience they can generate on those platforms. Obviously, right now Amazon has a much bigger audience, but if ESPN follows through on its plans to launch a direct-to-consumer streaming app for all its programming, that could pay off down the road

Obviously, the Toy Story/Nickelodeon broadcasts represent a different kind of experimentation: reaching a younger audience and offering simulcasts of games

Users who are viewing this thread