What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (7 Viewers)

Sure.  

So you felt he did a good job yesterday? 
I didn't watch it but it sounds like he did.  I've seen a variety of people give him credit for doing well.  I'd like to hear more of that about him but he usually follows it with saying something stupid shortly after and we're right back to where we were.

Sure.  Which is what we were talking about.  

I'm just making the point--some can't say good job no matter what.  Trump hate is real.  

You can point out whatever things he's done wrong, but man we're quick to change subjects when it's something he did right.
I agree, there are some that have issues with their hatred for Trump.  I think there is equally a blind support and love for Trump as well and it's just as bad.

Orange Man Bad
I think we agree on 2 of 3 of these, right?

We're all going through this together as a nation (almost) right now. I think when Trump is a bad actor that's a normal thing to discuss. And when he's performed normally and in defense of institutions or the experts and officials in his office - as he did yesterday - it should be praised. I missed it personally but I have heard mostly (with a couple exceptions) rave reviews for the behavior yesterday. The stock market drivers seemed to like it as well. Hopefully he keeps it up.

I despise the man. Think he's terrible at the job. Disagree with vast majority of his ideas and agenda.

His last couple days have been much, much better. More of this please and less of the rabbit ears, twitter commentary, etc. More Fauci! That guy is money.

I have faith in our nation and our government to pull through this and feel like the last couple days we have begun the process to do this. We are at the base of a huge climb but we at least sorted out our gear and started to realize what we are up for. 

Still no way I'll vote for him and continued to be shocked anyone would want to :lol:

I've seen a variety of people give him credit for doing well.  I'd like to hear more of that about him but he usually follows it with saying something stupid shortly after and we're right back to where we were.
Right, he has it going in the right direction but then gets that itchy twitter hand. That's on Trump, he's supposed to lead by example.

I didn't watch it but it sounds like he did.  I've seen a variety of people give him credit for doing well.  I'd like to hear more of that about him but he usually follows it with saying something stupid shortly after and we're right back to where we were.
A 73 year old leopard doesn't change his spots. There's still going to be the weird moments - the tossing his google website "evidence" on the ground had me laughing at how ridiculous he is.

From my view, as a nerd on a fantasy football site, in these daily updates I have seen him refuse the bait or not lash out as he would in the past over the past few days.

Progress!

You know you and I are in fundamental agreement on your second sentence, but it’s hard not to criticize him when less then 12 hrs after doing something good he steps in a huge pile of steaming ####.  That’s not changing the subject imo, it’s commenting on the current state of affairs just like it was yesterday saying he did a good job.  
No it's not.  I've been at work all day, don't even know what tweet you are talking about.  I'm not even on twitter.  It isn't hard at all to not freak about a tweet unless you're just sitting there waiting to gobble gobble it all up. 

Can't wait to run to the only pro-Trump thread in an inconsequential fantasy forum, grrrr!

About to try to go load up on a plane for the fourth time now.  Each prior manifest has been cancelled or postponed for a variety of reasons.  Feeling good about this one though!

We're taking back so many people we need to make 3 stops for gas and crew rest.  Hopefully I'll be home by the weekend.  Once I get home I get to enjoy two weeks of home quarantine before I'm allowed to come back to work.

Definitely interested to see how life in the U.S. is different these days.  The wife has kept me updated, but her updates are all over the place.  Some days things sound crazy others they sound normal.  

Mixed bag of reporting for our guys out here.  Morale is still decent for all the uncertainty.  Anyone set to leave in the next 60 days has been told to standby since their replacements will not be coming. Looks like people will have to stay here until DoD un-restricts the travel or we end their position entirely.  Some of these jobs can really be done from stateside and we're pushing to institute that option.   

Still a push to reduce troop levels by May, but the travel restrictions/COVID have complicated the matter. Seems like more restrictions are added daily.  I'm lucky to have ended this tour when I did.  

About to try to go load up on a plane for the fourth time now.  Each prior manifest has been cancelled or postponed for a variety of reasons.  Feeling good about this one though!

We're taking back so many people we need to make 3 stops for gas and crew rest.  Hopefully I'll be home by the weekend.  Once I get home I get to enjoy two weeks of home quarantine before I'm allowed to come back to work.

Definitely interested to see how life in the U.S. is different these days.  The wife has kept me updated, but her updates are all over the place.  Some days things sound crazy others they sound normal.  

Mixed bag of reporting for our guys out here.  Morale is still decent for all the uncertainty.  Anyone set to leave in the next 60 days has been told to standby since their replacements will not be coming. Looks like people will have to stay here until DoD un-restricts the travel or we end their position entirely.  Some of these jobs can really be done from stateside and we're pushing to institute that option.   

Still a push to reduce troop levels by May, but the travel restrictions/COVID have complicated the matter. Seems like more restrictions are added daily.  I'm lucky to have ended this tour when I did.  
Wish you and your family all the best. Thanks for all you do.

Good luck buddy, safe travels!

Safe travels!

I have to say I am very proud and thankful Trump is our President.  He has taken firm control of this situation and is leading.  Sounds like today they already announced a trial drug for malaria that cured 6 out of 6 people with this virus.  Amazing.  I pray it works. 

wtf does soy boys mean?
:hifive:

I looked it up earlier today when it was used in my office 

“Slang used to describe males who completely and utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities,’ reads one definition. ‘This pathetic state is usually achieved by an over-indulgence of emasculating products and/or ideologies. ‘The origin of the term derives from the negative effects soy consumption has been proven to have on the male physique and libido”

I have to say I am very proud and thankful Trump is our President.  He has taken firm control of this situation and is leading.  Sounds like today they already announced a trial drug for malaria that cured 6 out of 6 people with this virus.  Amazing.  I pray it works. 
Hospitals are begging for tests, masks, ventilators, beds, and money. They’re not getting it. It’s complete chaos and Jared Kushner is reportedly making things much worse. Trump is blaming local authorities and said today “I am not a shipping clerk.” 

Much of this could have been handled by the pandemic office which Trump eliminated last year. Too late for that now. It’s a calamity and the President takes no responsibility. 

Hospitals are begging for tests, masks, ventilators, beds, and money. They’re not getting it. It’s complete chaos and Jared Kushner is reportedly making things much worse. Trump is blaming local authorities and said today “I am not a shipping clerk.” 

Much of this could have been handled by the pandemic office which Trump eliminated last year. Too late for that now. It’s a calamity and the President takes no responsibility. 
It’s not Donald’s fault but continue to blame away

Time to turn off CNN Tim.

Users who are viewing this thread