What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (3 Viewers)

No it isn't and you can't speak as to how poll respondents interpreted the meaning of the question. 
I added a report about the same poll from Newsweek that defines military aid as "using the military to deal with protests and demonstrations across the country, alongside the police."

Again, that doesn’t answer the question. They did SOMETHING unpleasant to get these folks to leave. 
I'm starting to think that the police mixed in just enough pepper with smoke to make people (and reporters) THINK that it was tear gas thus, the exodus.

Time to drive home...good night.

Last edited by a moderator:
All right. I give up 

Somehow it was bad  enough to make all those people leave. But it wasn’t really that bad. But it was. 
And we have the testimony of dozens of people there that their eyes were burning, they used milk on them, they couldn’t stop coughing. All of them lying I guess. 

A couple of questions for Trump supporters: Do you think he will address police brutality and reform the police force? Do you think he should be doing this? If not, what do you expect to happen the next time a video goes viral of a cop committing murder after leadership once again did absolutely nothing to address police brutality?

A couple of questions for Trump supporters: Do you think he will address police brutality and reform the police force? Do you think he should be doing this? If not, what do you expect to happen the next time a video goes viral of a cop committing murder after leadership once again did absolutely nothing to address police brutality?
Without a doubt he should start stripping away the 1994 Crime Bill that Joe Biden wrote.  He began doing that with the First Step Act which began to reduce the mass incarceration and extreme penalties of minorities that were a result of the Bill.  

EDIT:  Not sure how you reform police brutality.  Education and training don't seem to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without a doubt he should start stripping away the 1994 Crime Bill that Joe Biden wrote.  He began doing that with the First Step Act which began to reduce the mass incarceration and extreme penalties of minorities that were a result of the Bill.  

EDIT:  Not sure how you reform police brutality.  Education and training don't seem to work.
I agree with addressing the 1994 crime bill but that has nothing to do with helping prevent future police brutality tragedies.

In regards to how to address police brutality, there are countless of ways. I’ve listed a couple below:

1. Body cameras. Body cameras should be required for cops to have on at all times and should be allowed for the public to view for any case that civilians want to investigate. Any violation of this should lead to disciplinary action. As we saw in Louisville just a couple of days ago, this is not currently happening as cops did not have their body cameras on when David McAtee was murdered.

2. Accountability. This will be easier to do with body cameras being required to be on at all times but any time a civilian reports a case of police brutality, the body camera footage must be fully reviewed. If there is any abuse of power shown, the officer must be disciplined, if not fired depending on how bad the incident is. As we saw with Derek Chauvin, this clearly is not happening as Chauvin had 18 prior complaints against him before he murdered George Floyd.

3. Community oversight: There needs to be civilian oversight to the policies of all police programs as well as giving this group the power to discipline and dismiss officers. Unfortunately, there are countless examples of cops straight up lying and they can no longer be trusted so there will need to be an outside group of civilians to look over them.

I agree with addressing the 1994 crime bill but that has nothing to do with helping prevent future police brutality tragedies.

In regards to how to address police brutality, there are countless of ways. I’ve listed a couple below:

1. Body cameras. Body cameras should be required for cops to have on at all times and should be allowed for the public to view for any case that civilians want to investigate. Any violation of this should lead to disciplinary action. As we saw in Louisville just a couple of days ago, this is not currently happening as cops did not have their body cameras on when David McAtee was murdered.

2. Accountability. This will be easier to do with body cameras being required to be on at all times but any time a civilian reports a case of police brutality, the body camera footage must be fully reviewed. If there is any abuse of power shown, the officer must be disciplined, if not fired depending on how bad the incident is. As we saw with Derek Chauvin, this clearly is not happening as Chauvin had 18 prior complaints against him before he murdered George Floyd.

3. Community oversight: There needs to be civilian oversight to the policies of all police programs as well as giving this group the power to discipline and dismiss officers. Unfortunately, there are countless examples of cops straight up lying and they can no longer be trusted so there will need to be an outside group of civilians to look over them.
These are not great ideas.  #3 would never happen.  

Why in the world would anybody live in NYC after this? I know people were already fleeing at a record pace because of taxes, but at this point your leaders Cuomo and De Blasio hate you if you’re an average law abiding citizen.

They literally do nothing for you. They could care less if your entire business was looted and burned down or if you were beat up by a mob. I know Cuomo is trying to pawn this off on De Blasio, but this is his mess. It’s crazy to watch this continue to go on. Literally the definition of insanity is NYC right now.
Totally agree. California and Minnesota are also on my list. 

Totally agree. California and Minnesota are also on my list. 
Philadelphia too.  The Governor and Mayor denounced citizens protecting their neighborhoods and businesses and backed rioters and looters.  They also tied their law enforcement officers hands behind their backs.  

Philadelphia too.  The Governor and Mayor denounced citizens protecting their neighborhoods and businesses and backed rioters and looters.  They also tied their law enforcement officers hands behind their backs.  
Yep, I still have family there but I live a few hours away and even as an Eagles fan could never live there. Not standing up to crime on this level is disgusting and I would never want my family in a place like these. 

These are not great ideas.  #3 would never happen.  
How are those not great ideas. I’ll admit #3 would be far fetched to happen but maybe it wouldn’t need to if we took other steps.

I’m also curious why you don’t think more training would help? In America, no more than 9 months are taken to train officers compared to places like Norway, Finland and Iceland where the training is at minimum twice as long and the amount of people killed by the police is insanely lower compared to the US.

I couldn’t find the most recent numbers but as recently as 2017, 34 states didn’t even require de-escalation training for officers. With all the videos we’ve seen of officers abusing their power in the last week alone, I’m not sure how anyone would be against requiring that for every police department in the country as that is something they clearly struggle with.

Well at least so far, the good news is that my fears have been unrealized. The law and order thing is not helping Trump at all. A huge majority of Americans disapprove of how he is handling this. A huge majority of Americans sympathize with the protestors (though not looting or vandalism, and there was much less of that last night.) 

Maybe there is simply no way for Trump to turn the tables and get back into the race. Maybe he’s done for no matter what he does. That would be awesome if true. 

How are those not great ideas. I’ll admit #3 would be far fetched to happen but maybe it wouldn’t need to if we took other steps.

I’m also curious why you don’t think more training would help? In America, no more than 9 months are taken to train officers compared to places like Norway, Finland and Iceland where the training is at minimum twice as long and the amount of people killed by the police is insanely lower compared to the US.

I couldn’t find the most recent numbers but as recently as 2017, 34 states didn’t even require de-escalation training for officers. With all the videos we’ve seen of officers abusing their power in the last week alone, I’m not sure how anyone would be against requiring that for every police department in the country as that is something they clearly struggle with.
Please STOP STOP using Norway, Finland and Iceland as comparisons to the US.  Ever.  For anything.   They are not nearly as diverse as we are.  They don't have the economic disparity we have.  This hasn't been and never will be a good comparison.  That needs to end.

The reason to live in California is that it’s paradise on Earth. 
The climate and coastline is amazing. Unfortunately the political climate is causing many to flee for other parts of the country as it’s become extreme liberal. My wife’s college friend was just asking her the other day about states to relocate to. These are families that have been there generations but the political “leadership” and climate make it unbearable for anyone but the extreme left. 

it is beautiful though, Big Sur is one of my favorite places I’ve ever been. 

The climate and coastline is amazing. Unfortunately the political climate is causing many to flee for other parts of the country as it’s become extreme liberal. My wife’s college friend was just asking her the other day about states to relocate to. These are families that have been there generations but the political “leadership” and climate make it unbearable for anyone but the extreme left. 

My nephew is a doctor at sf general and can’t wait to leave calif immediately after finishing his residency.   He just can’t stand the Uber liberal climate.  

We’re supposed to go there in August. Two week trip planned well before the virus hit: Yosemite, Big Sur, Carmel, Napa. Trying to expose  my daughters to some of the beauties of the state they haven’t seen. 
I didn’t cancel because it’s all driving, no flights. But I told my wife certain conditions have to be met: obviously hotels have to be open. Sit down restaurants and shops have to be open. Swimming pools and spas. If they’re not then I’ll cancel and do it next year. 

We’re supposed to go there in August. Two week trip planned well before the virus hit: Yosemite, Big Sur, Carmel, Napa. Trying to expose  my daughters to some of the beauties of the state they haven’t seen. 
I didn’t cancel because it’s all driving, no flights. But I told my wife certain conditions have to be met: obviously hotels have to be open. Sit down restaurants and shops have to be open. Swimming pools and spas. If they’re not then I’ll cancel and do it next year. 
Oh man I figured CA residents have seen all that, I’ve only see that section of coastline but to have to take them. What an awesome drive Big Sur to Carmel. It should be open, while expensive spots like Post Ranch Inn give plenty of spacing and ridiculous views. Hiking trails nearby are great too and my wife hates hiking but loved it. 

Which they are turning blue just like they did to Colorado. Eventually the Democrats are going to colonization enough red states to blue 
They certainly are. I'll never understand bailing on a state because of what politicians have done to it, then voting for the same politicians in the new state which you chose because it doesn't have the bad things the state you're fleeing has.

Just curious, why do people always compare America to other countries?  They always use countries with different population demographics and cultures as comparisons.  I'll use Norway for example the population demographics are different than the US.  Norway has a smaller black population and a much lower murder rate.   Norway had 25 murders in 2018, the US has that in a day.  The day to day issues that the American police force is confronted with is ENTIRELY different than a Norwegian cop.  I'm not even going to look at Finland or Iceland because I think I'll probably see pretty similar things (predominantly white with extremely low murder rates).  I don't want to say training isn't a factor because I don't know.  But what I do know is the citizens they are tasked to police in Norway are not even in the same realm of those the American police have to on a daily basis.  

Well at least so far, the good news is that my fears have been unrealized. The law and order thing is not helping Trump at all. A huge majority of Americans disapprove of how he is handling this. A huge majority of Americans sympathize with the protestors (though not looting or vandalism, and there was much less of that last night.) 

Maybe there is simply no way for Trump to turn the tables and get back into the race. Maybe he’s done for no matter what he does. That would be awesome if true. 
A majority of Americans want Trump to bring in the military.

Did anyone listen to Biden's speech yesterday?  I missed it. 

Did he say what he plans to do to get rid of systemic racism or is he just giving lip service?  Serious question.

Did anyone listen to Biden's speech yesterday?  I missed it. 

Did he say what he plans to do to get rid of systemic racism or is he just giving lip service?  Serious question.
I didn't hear it but he's a career politician that's never really accomplished anything but doing the bolded so I know what I would bet on. 

Users who are viewing this thread