What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (5 Viewers)

On TV now, the replay, people just standing there with their hands up in the middle of the smoke.  :lmao: . No that's not tear gas. 

If you don't know...why do you keep talking?

There is a huge difference between the two and yes....Being on an NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) DECON Team while in the USMC...I DO know.

...you don't.

You know only what your are told....and I'm telling you.
Actually you haven’t told me. So I ask you, politely, respectfully: in terms of what those protestors experienced, what was the difference? 

Oh and BTW, since I was unaware you were a Marine: thank you for your service. 

Actually you haven’t told me. So I ask you, politely, respectfully: in terms of what those protestors experienced, what was the difference? 

Oh and BTW, since I was unaware you were a Marine: thank you for your service. 
First of all...Tim, you've thanked me before...thank you.

TEAR GAS contains a very strong irritant that burns your eyes and throat.
It sticks to your skin and clothing.
Once in it...you feel the effects for a very long time. It is difficult to breath and you don't want to open your eyes.
Your fist inclination is to rub your eyes but that only makes it worse.
It sticks to foliage and grass so when you walk through it, you kick it up and when you brush against a branch or something, that too, kicks it up.
The area that is exposed to tear gas remains "hostile" for more than an hour. You don't cross a field or go into an area that has been affected by tear gas without wearing a gas mask.

SMOKE...is more of a shield. It limits the vision and allows you to move from one place to another without being seen.
It confuses and disorientates the people who didn't deploy it.
The irritation it causes is far less than a campfire causes.
Troops can easily deploy smoke without wearing a gas mask.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all...Tim, you've thanked me before...thank you.

TEAR GAS contains a very strong irritant that burns your eyes and throat.
It sticks to your skin and clothing.
Once in it...you feel the effects for a very long time.
It sticks to foliage and grass so when you walk through it, you kick it up and when you brush against a branch or something, that too, kicks it up.
The area that is exposed to tear gas remains "hostile" for more than an hour. You don't cross a field or go into an area that has been affected by tear gas without wearing a gas mask.

SMOKE...is more of a shield. It limits the vision and allows you to move from one place to another without being seen.
It confuses and disorientates the people who didn't deploy it.
The irritation it causes is far less than a campfire causes.
Thank you. 
Based on what you’re saying the smoke shouldn’t have chased all those protestors off. 

Thank you. 
Based on what you’re saying the smoke shouldn’t have chased all those protestors off. 
It would confuse them.
Many of their first inclinations would have been to run, thinking it may have been tear gas.

Same thing with the milk in the eyes....a response to a placebo.

If Biden attends Floyd's funeral, will any blacks or POC vote for Trump?  Trump awkwardly hold a bible or Biden crying at the funeral. What's Trump's next attempt at branding?

I have 10 posts all day. You have 10 in the last 15 minutes.  :lmao:
Ha! You got me. But my point remains. You posted plenty last night. You were very pleased with Trump’s action. You thought the use of tear gas was justified and you defended it. At no time did you argue that it wasn’t tear gas. 

Ha! You got me. But my point remains. You posted plenty last night. You were very pleased with Trump’s action. You thought the use of tear gas was justified and you defended it. At no time did you argue that it wasn’t tear gas. 
That was then and this is now.    :coffee:

Thank you. 
It wasn’t classic tear gas like CS gas. Anyone who’s gone through a gas chamber without a mask knows what people look like that have been exposed. I’m sure there was smoke, pepper spray, pepper balls etc. Could call the difference semantics but when you think of tear gas, it’s a lot more sinister in its effects. 

Link where I said it was tear gas. Please back up your claim.  I wont hold my breath. You're batting .000 right now. 

No, it doesn't and I have a feeling that if someone had chemical analysis of what was fired at the protesters and was proven to be tear gas, they would not accept that either. 
Wow...you are really hanging on.

Good for you.

I'm telling you...no gas masks...no tear gas.

GUARANTEED.

Peaceful protesters dont get chaiced off. Check. What was all the complaining about warnings all about?   :lmao:
But that’s a separate argument. That’s the argument that’s been made all day: that they were warned to leave and didn’t. I don’t agree with that argument either but at least it’s more legitimate than “or it wasn’t actually tear gas, it was a combination of smoke, pepper spray and other irritants.” To which I say so what? 

But that’s a separate argument. That’s the argument that’s been made all day: that they were warned to leave and didn’t. I don’t agree with that argument either but at least it’s more legitimate than “or it wasn’t actually tear gas, it was a combination of smoke, pepper spray and other irritants.” To which I say so what? 
Which none of the protesters said they were told and not one single reporter on the scene heard or was informed of. 

OK I admit I have no idea if you have the option to hold your breath or not. 
You can try.

It will still stick to your skin and clothing for quite a while and you'd still smell it because it's in your nostrils
If you rubbed your eyes with your hands or clothing...it would hit you.

So...you're waiting for a member of the MSM to admit that they lied??

Don't hold your breath.
So, if there were a dozen reporters there who said there was tear gas fired who were MSM, you still wouldn't accept what they said and said they were all lying, correct?

I was watching live and in real time. 
Link

24 to 28 seconds. Protestors and police walking through the smoke unaffected.  No gas masks. That is not tear gas. Now please provide links I have asked for of people "washing their eyes with milk"or kindly GTFO.  

Users who are viewing this thread