What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (7 Viewers)

What makes you think this?  This is a serious question.  What characteristics has she shown that she would be able to lead a state?  What qualities of a good leader does she have?  What experience at that executive level does she have?
She sat at the right hand of Father Trump for a long time.  That’s enough and far more executive level experience than Obama had.  

She sat at the right hand of Father Trump for a long time.  That’s enough and far more executive level experience than Obama had.  
Sorry...I thought I stated it was a serious question...my bad for thinking it would get a serious answer and not more blasphemy as well as the bolded being just completely false based on Obama's actual experience prior to being POTUS.  In addition...my question had nothing to do with Obama.

Last edited by a moderator:
And a serious note...has anyone heard from @Max Power  

Is this a moderated thing...or did something happen to him?  He has not posted since the 5th and had talked about going to the rally in DC.  Hoping he didn't get caught up in stuff there.

sho nuff said:
Sorry...I thought I stated it was a serious question...my bad for thinking it would get a serious answer and not more blasphemy as well as the bolded being just completely false based on Obama's actual experience prior to being POTUS.  In addition...my question had nothing to do with Obama.
I gave you an example of someone with no executive experience that became President.  Her White House experience should serve her well as Governor of a small state.  

Sarah Sanders is a tough, intelligent and accomplished woman.  Let the people of Arkansas decide.  I just think she has a bright future.  This would be a great stepping stone.  

I gave you an example of someone with no executive experience that became President.  Her White House experience should serve her well as Governor of a small state.  

Sarah Sanders is a tough, intelligent and accomplished woman.  Let the people of Arkansas decide.  I just think she has a bright future.  This would be a great stepping stone.  
Except you randomly brought up a dig...and if you wanted someone with no government executive experience...you should have listed Trump.  Obama was far more experienced for POTUS than him...and seems more experienced for that than Sanders is for a Governor.  Being Press Secretary is not executive experience...it isn't on par with Obama's experience prior to running for POTUS.  Let's be real here.

I agree she is tough...probably intelligent...I won't debate that.  Her playing fast and loose with the truth is a big problem...what has she ever run?  Sure...let them decide.  I hope for their sake they decide she is not Governor material.  I don't think Governor should be a first step as a stepping stone.  Glad she is not running in this state.

sho nuff said:
What makes you think this?  This is a serious question.  What characteristics has she shown that she would be able to lead a state?  What qualities of a good leader does she have?  What experience at that executive level does she have?
Hilarious that you realize you have to preface it.  Still not buying it though

And a serious note...has anyone heard from @Max Power  

Is this a moderated thing...or did something happen to him?  He has not posted since the 5th and had talked about going to the rally in DC.  Hoping he didn't get caught up in stuff there.
@FBG Moderator - Is this a question you are willing to answer?  Is this poster currently on a time-out?  I too have been a little worried that the poster hasn't returned since the events of Jan 6.

Except you randomly brought up a dig...and if you wanted someone with no government executive experience...you should have listed Trump.  Obama was far more experienced for POTUS than him...and seems more experienced for that than Sanders is for a Governor.  Being Press Secretary is not executive experience...it isn't on par with Obama's experience prior to running for POTUS.  Let's be real here.

I agree she is tough...probably intelligent...I won't debate that.  Her playing fast and loose with the truth is a big problem...what has she ever run?  Sure...let them decide.  I hope for their sake they decide she is not Governor material.  I don't think Governor should be a first step as a stepping stone.  Glad she is not running in this state.
True dat.  :lol:

He ran the Trump Organization for 45 years before becoming President.  Stop it.  
We were talking about government executive experience in the Sarah Sanders discussion, not executive experience in the private sector. Trump had no government executive experience and Sanders only experience was being WH press secretary. 

sho nuff said:

We were talking about government executive experience in the Sarah Sanders discussion, not executive experience in the private sector. Trump had no government executive experience and Sanders only experience was being WH press secretary. 
Both you guys.  Quit moving goalposts and antagonizing posters in the pro-Trump thread.  TIA.  

Looks like another big swing and miss.  

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2021/01/25/supreme-court-strikes-emoluments-clause-cases-against-trump-n1409440

NEWS & POLITICS

Supreme Court Strikes Emoluments Clause Cases Against Trump

BY TYLER O'NEIL JAN 25, 2021 11:05 AM ET 

AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta

On Monday, the Supreme Court refused to take up two cases involving claims that President Donald Trump illegally profited off of his presidency by violating the Emoluments Clause. The Court directed two federal appeals courts to dismiss the case as moot. Both sides had agreed the issue became moot after Trump’s term ended on January 20, 2021.

The Supreme Court declined to take up Trump v. CREW and Trump v. District of Columbia, remanding the cases to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, respectively. The Court instructed the appeals courts to “dismiss the case as moot,” citing United States v. Munsingwear(1950), in which the Supreme Court upheld a dismissal for mootness after both parties claimed the matter was moot.

Both cases could potentially have carved a path to access Trump’s financial records if the cases had gone through during his presidency, Axios reported.

Last February, a federal appeals court dismissed an Emoluments Clause case brought by 215 congressional Democrats, claiming the Democrats lacked standing.

Unlike other presidents, Trump did not use a blind trust to maintain his business assets while in office, but instead, retained an interest in his business and allowed those businesses to take money from foreign and domestic governments, sometimes hosting foreign and domestic officials at the Trump International Hotel. The Emoluments Clause states that “no person holding any office … shall, without consent of Congress” accept gifts or other benefits from foreign governments.

The Supreme Court’s ruling leaves open questions about emoluments for future presidents who retain business interests while in office. However, it was wise for the Court not to take up such a divisive issue at the present time, considering the fact that the Senate will try former President Donald Trump for high crimes and misdemeanors even after his term in office.

Tyler O’Neil is the author of Making Hate Pay: The Corruption of the Southern Poverty Law Center. Follow him on Twitter at @Tyler2ONeil.

On Monday, the Supreme Court refused to take up two cases involving claims that President Donald Trump illegally profited off of his presidency by violating the Emoluments Clause. The Court directed two federal appeals courts to dismiss the case as moot.

[..]  
That doesn't make sense as they’re not moot. He still has the money. When any other federal employee violates the emoluments clause they have to forfeit the money. 

And this is weird logic...So while a president is committing a crime, he can’t be indicted because he’s the president? But after he’s gone, he can’t be prosecuted for those very same crimes, because those crimes are now moot? Ok... :crazy:

Looks like another big swing and miss.  

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2021/01/25/supreme-court-strikes-emoluments-clause-cases-against-trump-n1409440

NEWS & POLITICS

Supreme Court Strikes Emoluments Clause Cases Against Trump

BY TYLER O'NEIL JAN 25, 2021 11:05 AM ET 

AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta

On Monday, the Supreme Court refused to take up two cases involving claims that President Donald Trump illegally profited off of his presidency by violating the Emoluments Clause. The Court directed two federal appeals courts to dismiss the case as moot. Both sides had agreed the issue became moot after Trump’s term ended on January 20, 2021.

The Supreme Court declined to take up Trump v. CREW and Trump v. District of Columbia, remanding the cases to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, respectively. The Court instructed the appeals courts to “dismiss the case as moot,” citing United States v. Munsingwear(1950), in which the Supreme Court upheld a dismissal for mootness after both parties claimed the matter was moot.

Both cases could potentially have carved a path to access Trump’s financial records if the cases had gone through during his presidency, Axios reported.

Last February, a federal appeals court dismissed an Emoluments Clause case brought by 215 congressional Democrats, claiming the Democrats lacked standing.

Unlike other presidents, Trump did not use a blind trust to maintain his business assets while in office, but instead, retained an interest in his business and allowed those businesses to take money from foreign and domestic governments, sometimes hosting foreign and domestic officials at the Trump International Hotel. The Emoluments Clause states that “no person holding any office … shall, without consent of Congress” accept gifts or other benefits from foreign governments.

The Supreme Court’s ruling leaves open questions about emoluments for future presidents who retain business interests while in office. However, it was wise for the Court not to take up such a divisive issue at the present time, considering the fact that the Senate will try former President Donald Trump for high crimes and misdemeanors even after his term in office.

Tyler O’Neil is the author of Making Hate Pay: The Corruption of the Southern Poverty Law Center. Follow him on Twitter at @Tyler2ONeil.
Good to see, this argument that he benefited financially from his presidency is such a complete joke. All you have to do is look at the unhinged behavior of those that obsessively hate him and the MSM....being POTUS clearly damaged his brand and hurt him financially. It’s not even close to making any sense except for just sad and jealous behavior. 

Both sides had agreed the issue became moot after Trump’s term ended on January 20, 2021.
I can see why the SCOTUS declined to take it up, if both sides agreed it was moot.  But WHY did the District of Columbia decide that it was moot?  Because he was no longer in that position?  So POTUS can simply run out the clock on an emolluments charge?  Free grift in the last year of your term?

Good to see, this argument that he benefited financially from his presidency is such a complete joke. All you have to do is look at the unhinged behavior of those that obsessively hate him and the MSM....being POTUS clearly damaged his brand and hurt him financially. It’s not even close to making any sense except for just sad and jealous behavior. 
Which is irrelevant as a defense to violating the Emoluments Clause (or any law or statute).

Trump has more executive level experience than any President ever to have held office.  
Real Estate and The Apprentice are not quite exec experience relevant to running a Government...especially a country IMO

And Sanders also has zero of that.  Which is my point...which had nothing to do with Trump or Obama

Both you guys.  Quit moving goalposts and antagonizing posters in the pro-Trump thread.  TIA.  
No goalposts moved man.  I asked about her experience.  I don't believe she has any.  And I refuse to keep going with some back and forth with accusations about people...have a good one.

I think if he hadn't actively sabotaged his brand by showing little leadership in the fight against COVID, coupled with a combative and narcissistic personality, he probably would have benefited financially from his term. 
So........glad you agree he clearly didn’t benefit and the claim is absurd. “Probably would have” I’m pretty sure isn’t a crime and far from what happened in the real world. 

So........glad you agree he clearly didn’t benefit and the claim is absurd. “Probably would have” I’m pretty sure isn’t a crime and far from what happened in the real world. 
Did he benefit while in office would be the question.  Did his properties benefit from government business steered there?  I don't believe Z's post really addresses that.  Nor does the question of what damage his brand have now because of his actions.  That is not what the case is about.

The Emoluments Clause doesn't talk about total net worth, which is what I mentioned.  Trump's bisggest asset was the Trump brand, which was irreparably sullied due to his actions over the last 4 years.

The Emoluments Clause says, "No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."

So, did Trump personally receive a gift or income from a foreign state?  Since he never divested himself of his ownership of Trump Inc., which owns a bunch of hotels, I would say it's something that the SCOTUS should rule on.

The Emoluments Clause doesn't talk about total net worth, which is what I mentioned.  Trump's bisggest asset was the Trump brand, which was irreparably sullied due to his actions over the last 4 years.

The Emoluments Clause says, "No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."

So, did Trump personally receive a gift or income from a foreign state?  Since he never divested himself of his ownership of Trump Inc., which owns a bunch of hotels, I would say it's something that the SCOTUS should rule on.
Sounds like another dead end conspiracy. 

I don't disagree that his presidency is and will be a net loss for his businesses.  During his presidency and long afterwards.  Of course, that is not at all probative of whether he violated the emoluments clause and illegally tried to leverage the presidency for profit.  I'd bet my investment portfolio he did.  Over and over and over again.  Because that is exactly the type of person he is and has always been.

Where is the conspiracy? It is most assuredly true that Trump owns properties all over the world and he did not divest himself. It is a fascinating question and it would be nice to hear from the supreme court on it to clarify what the emoluments clause actually means in this context
No chance, it just wreaks of desperation from those who can’t get him out of their head space. 

Where is the conspiracy? It is most assuredly true that Trump owns properties all over the world and he did not divest himself. It is a fascinating question and it would be nice to hear from the supreme court on it to clarify what the emoluments clause actually means in this context
And at this point...Id like to hear from them not really to affect Trump, but to clarify for future POTUS's doing the same thing.

I think if he hadn't actively sabotaged his brand by showing little leadership in the fight against COVID, coupled with a combative and narcissistic personality, he probably would have benefited financially from his term. 
Apparently it's okay to take bribes as long as you aren't in office any longer. Of course we will never know for sure since they outright refuse to hear the case. 

is the story about kellyanne conway posting topless pics of her 15 year old daughter true or was she hacked or something i sincerely and categorically hope that it is not true take that to the bank brohans 

is the story about kellyanne conway posting topless pics of her 15 year old daughter true or was she hacked or something i sincerely and categorically hope that it is not true take that to the bank brohans 
I withdraw my defense of KAC from earlier in the week 

Former President’s Office.   Brilliantly played 

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2021/01/26/the-morning-briefing-trump-opens-rent-free-office-space-in-liberals-heads-n1409649

The Morning Briefing: Trump Opens Rent Free Office Space In Liberals' Heads

BY STEPHEN KRUISER JAN 26, 2021 6:26 AM ET 

AP Photo/Julio Cortez

The Trump Troll Train Is Right On Schedule

Happy Tuesday, dear Kruiser Morning Briefing friends. I hope you like a lot of bacon in your frittatas.

In times like this it’s important to not lose all touch with fun and whimsy. I’m not losing any, by the way, even if it may seem like it some mornings.

Or most mornings.

We’re in for a long, annoying few years here. Amtrak Joe was right when he said our darkest days were ahead of us. His speechwriters really should have thought more carefully about the wording of that script. He’s the one bringing the gloom and doom, of course. And, as we discussed in yesterday’s Briefing, he seems to have deep reserves of it.

We have to take the occasional bits of good news and milk them for all of the pleasure they can possibly give us.

I think we may be getting a lot of those bits from President Trump, who may be gone but certainly will not be forgotten.

Once I could see the writing on the wall about how the election was going to turn out I immediately began hoping that Trump would spend the entirety of the Biden-Harris (then Harris-Whomever) presidency hogging as much of the spotlight as he possibly can.

The mainstream media isn’t going to stop obsessing over Trump just because he’s out of office. Paraphrasing Brokeback Mountain: they just don’t know how to quit him. Trump knows that and I bet he relishes every minute of it. He’s going to make sure that they never stop thinking about him.

The Democrats and their flying monkeys in the media have been telling a fantasy story about Donald Trump that has him slinking off into a miserable exile, broken because he’s not president anymore, and then getting into legal trouble over bogus claims that he violated the Emoluments Clause.

The reality is that he’s still wealthy, still has his own jumbo jet, and the “Trump goes to jail” thing isn’t going to happen.

The Democrats never could see through their Trump Derangement Syndrome clearly enough to see the fun guy that those of us who supported him did. I saw him speak live during the first month of his presidency and it was an extemporaneous blast filled with a lot of laughs. The Dems see him and us as angry and bitter all the time. Of course, it’s textbook projection. They’re the pinched, miserable ones.

Stacey wrote yesterday about Trump’s first post-presidency public move and it’s a thing of beauty:

For President Trump, turnabout is fair play. Following the election, President Biden opened the Office of the President-Elect in Delaware. He would give speeches and make announcements from behind a podium that looked very much like the one the president uses. It was a blatant attempt to minimize the outgoing administration’s coverage and put to rest any issues raised about election integrity. While the moniker was not new, Biden took it to a new level.

Today, President Trump officially opened the Former President’s Office in an obvious troll to make a broader point. He is not going away, and neither is his policy agenda. While he will need to figure out how to amplify his message off Twitter, it does not appear he intends to stay quiet or take up painting like President George W. Bush.

As Stacey’s headline said, this is an “epic troll” on Trump’s part. He almost certainly had a good laugh when this news was released.

Stacey’s right, Trump’s not going anywhere. To the chagrin of Democrats and the Invertebrate Never Trump Romney wing of the GOP, this is still Trump’s party. Just ask Liz Cheney.

The old phrase about living rent free in people’s heads is about to get the Trump treatment. As he is fond of saying, it’s going to be “yuuuuuuuge.” Trump is has built a mansion in the collective consciousness of the Democratic hive mind and he will be taking up comfortable, rollicking residence there while they foot the bill.

No matter how nasty the MSM is to Trump now it’s important to remember that they’re hitting the day booze hard because ORANGE MAN BAD just won’t go away and live out their miserable dream for him.

There’s still whimsy out there, my friends. And we know who will be bringing it to the party.

>>HERO: Kevin McCarthy single-handedly tracked down the mastermind behind the Jan. 6 terrorist attack and is making a citizen's arrest<<

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1354894847035883521
Serious question:  Now they have caught a bunch of the protesters that gained access inside the capitol building, and since corroborated Facebook posts (not Parler) that they had been planning this for months....how was this instigated by Trump? 

>>HERO: Kevin McCarthy single-handedly tracked down the mastermind behind the Jan. 6 terrorist attack and is making a citizen's arrest<<

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1354894847035883521
Serious question:  Now they have caught a bunch of the protesters that gained access inside the capitol building, and since corroborated Facebook posts (not Parler) that they had been planning this for months....how was this instigated by Trump? 
The position is that Trump gave them marching orders, just like a military general would.  His lieutenants reiterated those marching orders.  Thats the rub as I understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread