What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tucker Carlson: probably not in deep trouble anymore, but he should be. (1 Viewer)

supermike80 said:
I don't for a minute, nor have I ever believed there was an attempt to overthrow the government.    Ifd that was true, those guys should all be released because they are just stupid more than anything else.  That would have been the worst attempt at a governmental overthrow ever.

I believe they went there to protest...and it got out of hand.  I am not comparing it to the BLM riots but they are similar in a way.  I would be willing to guess many BLM rioters who broke things, burned things, etc might have been genuinely decent people before they got riled up and let their emotions of the event / day drive their thinking.  That's not unusual at all.  People do it ALL THE TIME!!

Doesn't exonerate them in the slightest and they should be prosecuted to the full extent.  A deterrent should be sent out there that this doesn't wash in this country.

Now that being said, the left (with support from media sources like CNN, MSNBC, Etc) will absolutely and positively blow this up hugely.  To scare you, scare those on the political fence into voting D.   Take a few crazed people and wash the entire R party with it, which is exactly what they are doing.   
I think they believed that Pence had the power  to keep President Trump in as President and they thought that threatening him would make him even more likely to do so. Even though Trump lost every court case providing evidence Trump won, they believed overturning the election results was the right thing to do. We have all heard their irrational thoughts and trying to say they couldn’t possibly have thought their efforts couldn’t possibly keep Trump in as President is itself irrational.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would happen if a meteorite crashed into Earth? Who cares?  Pence didn't do anything.
A sizeable one? 99% of all life on Earth would be eradicated instantly. In other words, you'd be dead.

Correct, Pence didn't do anything his entire term as Vice President. I give him props for not doing what DJT asked him to do on Jan. 6th. though.

Ah, the old "Well, when I tried to rob the bank, the police stopped me so it isn't really a crime" defense. 

I missed the part where Trump was out there trying to rob the bank.  I did see the part where Trump told them to protest peacefully.  The hatred coming from the  left is off the charts. 

Besides exercising his first Amendment right, what exactly is Tucker in trouble for?  Oh yeah, for not being a leftwing fool. 

I missed the part where Trump was out there trying to rob the bank.  I did see the part where Trump told them to protest peacefully.  The hatred coming from the  left is off the charts. 
Stay focused jon. We are talking about Trump pressuring Pence here. Stop with your silly rants about hatred and disgusting and whatever other childish insults you throw around so loosely.

Looks like you also missed the part where Trump was trying to get the VP to violate the constitution.

What would have happened if Pence caved?

Stay focused jon. We are talking about Trump pressuring Pence here. Stop with your silly rants about hatred and disgusting and whatever other childish insults you throw around so loosely.

You are right.  It is hard to keep track of what you are allegedly outraged about today. 

Yes, difficult to see the post above yours when you are furiously banging on your keyboard calling 1/2 the country disgusting and evil

Until I see the assault on the first Amendment and the fanning of the flames of a race war stop, I will continue to do so.  The so-called social warriors are the most despicable movement in modern politics.  

Especially since we all saw what his ill-informed followers did to try to stop it. They thought they were going to stop it because Trump told them for days Pence had the ability to do so.

Shame it came to that. Must never happen again.

Trump was not in charge of any of the security teams responsible for letting that happen.  Any reasonable show of force would have easily stopped it and even in this forum we knew a month ahead of time January 6th was going to be a #### show.  

Trump was not in charge of any of the security teams responsible for letting that happen.  Any reasonable show of force would have easily stopped it and even in this forum we knew a month ahead of time January 6th was going to be a #### show.  
And why were they there? Why were they marching on the Capitol in the first place? To stop the steal, the steal Trump told them Pence could prevent. The steal that never happened.

Until I see the assault on the first Amendment and the fanning of the flames of a race war stop, I will continue to do so.  The so-called social warriors are the most despicable movement in modern politics.  
:lmao:

What do social warriors have to do with Trump begging Pence to do something to stop the certification of the election? 

You lose what little credibility you have when you resort to tired old attacks on leftists and liberals and social warriors when those things have nothing to do with the post you are responding to.

If you were a Republican running for office there is a good chance you would get primaried with that attitude.

You mistake me for someone who gives a crap about Republicans.  If it wasn't for Democrats being so terrible, I would spend most of my time bashing Republicans.  I vote for more independents than anything else.  Reagan and then W against Gore were my only Republican presidential votes. 

The idea went that Pence would toss out electors from states Biden won reducing the number of EV’s,,Trump then held enough to be declared Prez by Pence.
no, from what i've read, this was considered but rejected, and the preferred option was after Pence refused to certify Electoral College votes from 6 states Biden won, Pence would declare no candidate had reached the required # of votes, and (as provided for in the Constitution), refer the vote to the House where each state delegation would have one vote.  The Republicans, holding a majority in 26 states, would have presumably elected trump 26 to 24.  I can certainly imagine that this might have worked, and would at least have been WAY too interesting.

no, from what i've read, this was considered but rejected, and the preferred option was after Pence refused to certify Electoral College votes from 6 states Biden won, Pence would declare no candidate had reached the required # of votes, and (as provided for in the Constitution), refer the vote to the House where each state delegation would have one vote.  The Republicans, holding a majority in 26 states, would have presumably elected trump 26 to 24.  I can certainly imagine that this might have worked, and would at least have been WAY too interesting.
This was Trump's lawyer John Eastman's plan as laid out in his memo. So perhaps as @jon_mx said nothing would happen, but it was certainly considered by Team Trump as a possible way to stay in power.

I had seen this as well but Eastman, Trump’s “expert” in these matters, said later that this memo’s strategy was also “crazy”

The guy is an amazing BS’er who also seems to be nuts.

It did not have any support and would have failed miserably 
I agree that it probably would have failed.  But Trump sure didn't think so.  The pressure he was heaping on Pence not to certify, makes me think that Trump thought this plan could work.

I agree that it probably would have failed.  But Trump sure didn't think so.  The pressure he was heaping on Pence not to certify, makes me think that Trump thought this plan could work.
Imagine he wins in '24 and we have VP Trump, Jr or Ivanka? Or DeSantis or Brooks or a list of dozens of other Trump sychophants.

The only reason we didn't have a constitutional crisis is because Pence DID reject it. Trump tried though.

Imagine he wins in '24 and we have VP Trump, Jr or Ivanka? Or DeSantis or Brooks or a list of dozens of other Trump sychophants.

The only reason we didn't have a constitutional crisis is because Pence DID reject it. Trump tried though.

And thanks to the Democrats we will have Trump in 2024.  Instead of letting Trump fade away, the Democrats are focusing all their efforts in attacking Trump and trying to destroy him.  Now he has to run in order to be in a position to defend himself.  

And thanks to the Democrats we will have Trump in 2024.  Instead of letting Trump fade away, the Democrats are focusing all their efforts in attacking Trump and trying to destroy him.  Now he has to run in order to be in a position to defend himself.  
Ok, irrelevant to the conversation but sure. Maybe we should be supportive of the commission. Expose Trump's involvement in J6 and internal communications leading up to it.

Ok, irrelevant to the conversation but sure. Maybe we should be supportive of the commission. Expose Trump's involvement in J6 and internal communications leading up to it.

There is nothing to expose. Everyone knew Trump was trying to pull every possible trick to win.  But unless he publicly called out for an insurrection, his behind the scenes discussion mean nothing.  

Lol... how does that even work.  These are protesters.  He has no idea who they are and no way to communicate. 
Uh, he asked some of his people to get in touch with Proud Boys et. al. who were coordinating the attack on the Capitol?

Could Trump's inner circle have been in contact with those group to encourage or give them Intel? 

If public records could show that, I think that Congress should investigate.  And those files very much are public records. 

The Z Machine said:
Uh, he asked some of his people to get in touch with Proud Boys et. al. who were coordinating the attack on the Capitol?

Could Trump's inner circle have been in contact with those group to encourage or give them Intel? 

If public records could show that, I think that Congress should investigate.  And those files very much are public records. 
No, you don't understand.  All that's there is a bunch of circumstantial evidence, but there's no hard evidence so we should just leave it alone.  Also, we shouldn't investigate to see if there's hard evidence because we haven't seen any hard evidence.  Also, the Capitol was only attacked breached invaded open for sightseeing because there wasn't enough security, but we shouldn't investigate why there wasn't enough security.

jon_mx said:
Oh, good. Now we've gone from "The police arrested me before I robbed the bank so there wasn't a crime" to "If there had been ten more cops in the bank I wouldn't have been able to rob it, so it's not really my fault."

jon_mx said:
There is nothing to expose. Everyone knew Trump was trying to pull every possible trick to win.  But unless he publicly called out for an insurrection, his behind the scenes discussion mean nothing.  
And now we've gone to "Hey, I planned that robbery in private, so it's not fair to blame me."

Users who are viewing this thread