What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tucker Carlson: probably not in deep trouble anymore, but he should be. (2 Viewers)

Maddow I see as a typical DNC Talking Point host. She touts the DNC line whatever it may be and will defend it 24/7.  She will also disagree with anything right of center based simply on "sides" alone.

Joy Reid is an extreme left racist liar.  I would say she is the Alex Jones of the left, but that would be insulting Alex Jones.
I would argue that they're all different sides of the same coin (mouthpieces looking to capture attention by stoking outrage) and the only difference in our opinions of them is driven by our own political bias. Thus, it's impossible to make claims about "any objective position". Your Joy Reid is my Tucker Carlson and vice versa (actually, they all suck and I can't muster more than a minute of any of them).

Last edited by a moderator:
I would argue that they're all different sides of the same coin (mouthpieces looking to capture attention by stoking outrage) and the only difference in our opinions of them is driven by our own political bias. Thus, it's impossible for to make claims about "any objective position". Your Joy Reid is my

Tucker

Carlson

and vice versa (actually, they all suck and I can't muster more than a minute of any of them)

Fair enough.  I certainly understand how our biases affect our interpretation.  :thumbup:

What part is not true?  Are you telling me that Trump did not set up the whole narrative of fraud and stolen election prior to the election?  Did Trump not try to get Georgia election officials to "find" 11,000 votes, or claim there was massive election fraud without any proof whatsoever?   Did Trump not ask the vice president to not certify the election? 

Was it not Trump that for weeks told his supporters to be there on 1/6 and that "it will be wild"?   Did he not have a rally where he and his invited speakers told the demonstrators to march to the US Capitol while the election certification was in progress?   Did he not sit on his butt watching the violence of the Capitol on TV for 4+ hours before calling off the dogs and telling them that he loved them and they were special people?

To this day Trump continues to tell Americans that the election was rigged despite having lost every recount, audit, court case and not having a single piece of real evidence.  He has convinced millions of Americans that US elections cannot be trusted which is the very core of our Republic.  

If you still want to support DJT that's on you but don't try to tell me that what I saw and heard did not happen.
Don't forget how at least a hundred of the J6 defendants testified that they were just doing what they thought Trump was telling them to do. Which of course he was which is why he chose the date, time and place for this "rally". 

"Tucker: The authorities in their lives, mostly women, never stop lecturing them about their so-called male privilege. A lot of young men in America are going nuts. Are you surprised? A shockingly large number have been prescribed psychotropic drugs." https://t.co/bB9Nb4CHQ1

You see, it's drugs, and these dang women libbers that cause mass shootings. 🇺🇸

"Tucker: The authorities in their lives, mostly women, never stop lecturing them about their so-called male privilege. A lot of young men in America are going nuts. Are you surprised? A shockingly large number have been prescribed psychotropic drugs." https://t.co/bB9Nb4CHQ1

You see, it's drugs, and these dang women libbers that cause mass shootings. 🇺🇸
Why do people listen to a thing these talking heads on CNN,  MSNBC and Fox News say?   

Godsbrother said:
Why do people listen to a thing these talking heads on CNN,  MSNBC and Fox News say?   
I think it's something like the "Two Minute Hate" in George Orwell's 1984. Only it's the new and improved version -maybe they should call one of these shows the "60 Minute Hate"

This guy sure is tough to figure out what the hell is doing. Besides being a giant turd that is

He showed up at Hells Angel founder Sonny Barger's funeral service. This guy was a real piece of ****. Narcotics dealer, murderer, weapons charges, explosives, etc.

But good old Tucker had this to say about the guy

While remembering the motorcycle club boss' supposed credo, Carlson paused at a point, clutching his chest in a fit of emotion. He to the crowd, 'Ah, it made me emotional reading it.'

'Stand tall, stay loyal, remain free, and always value honor,' Carlson said, before thinking to himself and taking another emotional pause. 'And I thought to myself, if there is a phrase that sums up more perfectly what I want to be, what I aspire to be, and the kind of man I respect.'

He then asked, growing increasingly animated: 'Why aren't we hearing that from the people who run the country? Why is it left to Sonny Barger to say, "Stand tall, stay loyal, remain free, and always value honor?"

'The president of the United States should be saying that - every single morning as he salutes the flag - but only Sunny Barger is saying it,' Carlson continued.

This guy sure is tough to figure out what the hell is doing. Besides being a giant turd that is

He showed up at Hells Angel founder Sonny Barger's funeral service. This guy was a real piece of ****. Narcotics dealer, murderer, weapons charges, explosives, etc.

While remembering the motorcycle club boss' supposed credo, Carlson paused at a point, clutching his chest in a fit of emotion. He to the crowd, 'Ah, it made me emotional reading it.'

'Stand tall, stay loyal, remain free, and always value honor,' Carlson said, before thinking to himself and taking another emotional pause. 'And I thought to myself, if there is a phrase that sums up more perfectly what I want to be, what I aspire to be, and the kind of man I respect.'

He then asked, growing increasingly animated: 'Why aren't we hearing that from the people who run the country? Why is it left to Sonny Barger to say, "Stand tall, stay loyal, remain free, and always value honor?"

'The president of the United States should be saying that - every single morning as he salutes the flag - but only Sunny Barger is saying it,' Carlson continued.
Oh, look at the rich white guy who never served his country in any capacity valuing "honor". Isn't that cute?

What a piece of ****.

This is very, very weird :lol:

Tucker the “newsman”

Dude completely edited this interview with to create this “White Lives Matter” is getting Kanye cancelled ********.

The downward spiral continues.
I remember Megyn Kelly once made a comment that the shows on Fox immediately before hers (Bill O'Reily) and after (Sean Hannity) weren't live unlike hers. They pre-recorded their shows and edited them to show guests how they wanted to present them, not how they actually are.

Tucker seems to fit the mold.

Tucker the “newsman”

Dude completely edited this interview with to create this “White Lives Matter” is getting Kanye cancelled ********.

I remember Megyn Kelly once made a comment that the shows on Fox immediately before hers (Bill O'Reily) and after (Sean Hannity) weren't live unlike hers. They pre-recorded their shows and edited them to show guests how they wanted to present them, not how they actually are.

Most all TV interviews are edited. That is the standard practice.

Tucker the “newsman”

This one completely removed all the insane parts of the interview. Tucker did effectively trick fellow propagandists on Fox Sunday morning show into thinking his White Lives Matter shirt was why he was being shunned. Was good TV watching them realize on air it was because he was having a break down and talking nonsense.

Get better, Kanye.

Tucker the “newsman”

Not if the show is live, like Megyn's was.

Tucker the “newsman”

A live show would contain like 3 minutes of Tuckers “who farted “ face. Please keep editing your program, Tucker. TIA

Tucker the “newsman”

Most TV is not live.

Tucker the “newsman”

Most TV is not live.
I’m certain an interview with say Rachel Maddow and Kamala Harris that was this heavily edited would receive the same pass.

Tucker the “newsman”

Most TV is not live.
Megyn Kelly's was. And she made a comment that unlike the shows before and after hers, she did not edit the guests.

Tucker the “newsman”

Most TV is not live.
I’m certain an interview with say Rachel Maddow and Kamala Harris that was this heavily edited would receive the same pass.
It happens every day. That is why most politicians choose friendly media to be interviewed on.

Tucker the “newsman”

Most TV is not live.
Megyn Kelly's was. And she made a comment that unlike the shows before and after hers, she did not edit the guests.
She left that trash network with some dignity in tact.

Tucker and Hannity are building generational wealth with their junk takes and shilling survival kits and reverse mortgages so good on them I guess.

Tucker the “newsman”

Most TV is not live.
Good for her. Doesn't change the fact that a lot of interviews we see on TV is edited. That is all 60-minutes used to do. It is odd we want to turn this practice into something synical.

Tucker the “newsman”

Most TV is not live.
It happens every day. That is why most politicians choose friendly media to be interviewed on.
I’d like to see one this egregious on a show this high profile. This dude is a total hack.

Tucker the “newsman”

Most TV is not live.
She left that trash network with some dignity in tact.

Tucker and Hannity are building generational wealth with their junk takes and shilling survival kits and reverse mortgages so good on them I guess.
I've said it before, I always like her show. I used to watch Bill and Megyn more than any other cable news shows. IMO, they've gone downhill since she left.

Good for her. Doesn't change the fact that a lot of interviews we see on TV is edited. That is all 60-minutes used to do. It is odd we want to turn this practice into something synical.
I'm not turning it into anything. The Kanye interview made me think of MK's quote. I find it odd that everything seems to piss you off.
Lol....who is pissed off? Just pointing out facts. Editting interviewed is standard practice.

I'm not turning it into anything. The Kanye interview made me think of MK's quote. I find it odd that everything seems to piss you off.
Lol....who is pissed off? Just pointing out facts. Editting interviewed is standard practice.
He completely created the narrative for this interview.

He said at one point about Kanye “Is West crazy? You can judge for yourself as you watch what we are about to show you. He has his own ideas… But crazy? That was not our conclusion.”

Then he left out all the unhinged parts :lol:

Rarely do we see his BS blow up this quickly but Kanye obliged.

This is ultimate hackery by ol Tucker.

Tucker the “newsman”

Most TV is not live.
Which is why FOX losing Chris Wallace was a big deal. He could interview some D’s without fully attacking them. Bret Baier is probably the last one on there who can.

I would guess if shows are edited it's more about removing pauses, streamlining the run time for the time slot, things like that. I would be surprised if many edit the show to completely change the tone or content of an interview.

Tucker the “newsman”

This is bad, even for Tucker.
His show will kick into overdrive when Republicans win The House and the nonstop investigations of Hunter and Joe begin.

Every show will be “I’m not saying these allegations are true…But…”

They will write themselves.

Tucker the “newsman”

You do realize ALL news is edited. They gather material for a story and they condense it down what they have to tell the story they want to tell. They even have special positions they call editors.

No one loves Tucker more than Tucker. It’s all
about the rockstar image on fox nation now.
Hannity wants to parlay Fox into a gov job.

Tucker the “newsman”

You do realize ALL news is edited. They gather material for a story and they condense it down what they have to tell the story they want to tell. They even have special positions they call editors.
Any person who edits their interviews like Tucker did here isn’t doing news, they are an doing entertainment for an audience who wants to watch this and be outraged about something.

I find Tucker's edits to be disgusting.
It's pandering to the radical right, who won't be happy till they have destroyed the American way of life with their disgusting narrative.

I'm pretty much convinced that Tucker gets paid by Putin somehow. Anyone ever figure out how? Any paper trail?

It's also an issue that he edited out the good parts. Like the juicy parts that would lead to people watching. And all in the name of continuing a false narrative.

Tucker the “newsman”

FOX doesn't seem to appreciate Tucker's video being leaked

Tucker the “newsman”

No media source would.

Tucker the “newsman”

No media source would.
This fake interview and story line is especially egregious.

Tucker the “newsman”

This is just like the Trump supporters' response that "All politicians lie." While it may be true, using it to excuse excessive conduct is ridiculous. You may as well argue "All baseball players strike out" to claim that striking out 250 times in 500 at bats is no worse than striking out 10 times in 500 at bats.

Users who are viewing this thread