What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (5 Viewers)

There was a 15 year old who dressed for Wolves today. Twitter folks say he was born in NY.
Wesley Okoduwa

In limited research from this article:

His first bench appearance for Wolves was actually over a month ago
Father played for NIgeria
Born in US
Has been playing for Wolves U21s
Was called up to England U16s recently
He's eligible for Nigeria, England, and the US
It's Wesley's decision but his father wants him to play for Nigeria

Not much here that makes me think we are in the picture tbh

2006 Cole Campbell had 2 goals today for Dortmund's reserves. He seems to have really turned a corner this year. They are still alive for that last UCL spot but I hope he can get a debut before this season ends.

Right now our U20s look wings look elite - Esmir, Campbell, and Fletcher are all likely for the CONCACAF U20s this summer. Ngoma is probably out now though so maybe it opens a spot for Berchimas.

Oh come on! Not Tuchel coaching Pulisic again :(

======

Milan Eye

@MilanEye

Despite Lopetegui’s candidacy being strong, Milan are however evaluating other profiles with a superior appeal. Xavi Hernandez and Thiago Motta (close to Juventus) are the first two. Ruben Amorim, Sergio Conciecao, Thomas Tuchel and Unai Emery are also among the candidates

GGG has some thinking to do here now. Dest was a critical part of the US offense and there is no like for like (even a poor mans version) change for Dest.

This also hurts our depth on the left, if Jedi gets hurt we are screwed this summer unless GGG for once tries something different.

GGG has some thinking to do here now. Dest was a critical part of the US offense and there is no like for like (even a poor mans version) change for Dest.

This also hurts our depth on the left, if Jedi gets hurt we are screwed this summer unless GGG for once tries something different.
#1SmilingAssassinLundFan

Dest was a critical part of the US offense and there is no like for like
Eh. I'm OK adding a defender who can win a 1v1 while, you know, defending. Not sure this hurts the US at all as far as results. The USMNT Insta performance will take a beating however.
Strong disagree. We already struggle to generate scoring opportunities. Without Dest, that's going to be a much bigger problem. Also, even if you consider Dest<>Scally a wash...this now means we downgrade our backup RB from Scally to ??? Yedlin? Shaq Moore? The closest to like for like in terms of style might be Reggie Cannon...but I have no idea what kind of form he's in these days.

Dest was a critical part of the US offense and there is no like for like
Eh. I'm OK adding a defender who can win a 1v1 while, you know, defending. Not sure this hurts the US at all as far as results. The USMNT Insta performance will take a beating however.
Strong disagree. We already struggle to generate scoring opportunities. Without Dest, that's going to be a much bigger problem. Also, even if you consider Dest<>Scally a wash...this now means we downgrade our backup RB from Scally to ??? Yedlin? Shaq Moore? The closest to like for like in terms of style might be Reggie Cannon...but I have no idea what kind of form he's in these days.

Not only is Dest one of our top creators, GGG's system incredibly relies on the FB's playing high and getting forward. A ton of our offense flows through Jedi and Dest by design. Scally has yet to embrace this role in his few chances but perhaps they could come.

A big issue is that Dest and Weah have a very good understanding of how to play off each other. Scally will have to develop that relationship quickly.

Losing Dest also removes one of the pure ball strikers we have from distance as he is not shy to launch with either foot.

#1SmilingAssassinLundFan
Lund will have a big chance to be Jedi's first choice back up now, but the bigger question is now on the right side of the field. It is Scally and then lots and lots of questions, assuming GGG does not get clever (note that he never does).

#1SmilingAssassinLundFan
Lund will have a big chance to be Jedi's first choice back up now, but the bigger question is now on the right side of the field. It is Scally and then lots and lots of questions, assuming GGG does not get clever (note that he never does).
Clever, you say?

Swag to the RB courtesy phone...

#1SmilingAssassinLundFan
Clever, you say?

I was thinking more Weah fitting the role GGG likes, but Swag would do the job IMO as well.

#1SmilingAssassinLundFan
Clever, you say?

I was thinking more Weah fitting the role GGG likes, but Swag would do the job IMO as well.
Weah is a decent choice, tbh. And gets another attacking player on the field. While Swag would play RB well, we need him in MF since nobody else offers that true 2-way ability he has.

But yeah... Who else at RB?
Scally, Weah... Cannon? Richards? Yedlin, hejduk?

Eta... There must be some young guys out there, but I've only been keeping track of guys like Tolkin on the LB- since that's been the black hole of US soccer since day 1.

Eta... There must be some young guys out there, but I've only been keeping track of guys like Tolkin on the LB- since that's been the black hole of US soccer since day 1.
Play Wes or Weah as a RWB and go to a 3 man back line.

Play Wes or Weah as a RWB and go to a 3 man back line.
Against Uruguay? No gracias. I don't mind a 4 man back line with Jedi and Weah on either side and pick 2 CBs in the middle.

======

Milan Eye

@MilanEye

Despite Lopetegui’s candidacy being strong, Milan are however evaluating other profiles with a superior appeal. Xavi Hernandez and Thiago Motta (close to Juventus) are the first two. Ruben Amorim, Sergio Conciecao, Thomas Tuchel and Unai Emery are also among the candidates
Tuchel is being linked with everyone but said to be eying a return to the EPL. Already linked to United and Barca as well.

======

Milan Eye

@MilanEye

Tuchel is being linked with everyone but said to be eying a return to the EPL. Already linked to United and Barca as well.
I like either of those for him. He's a proven not winner lately.

Pulisic and Musah starting today. Looking like Pulisic is at LW and Musah at RW (not his ideal position)
Wow... And it's the milan derby too.

Milan are going to get smoked.
it is an odd lineup for sure. Leao is playing the 9 today. I am very surprised Musah was chosen ahead of Chukwueze at RW
****, wish I would have seen this earlier. I woulda bet the house on Inter crushing them.
Fwiw, they could've rolled out any lineup... They're were always going to get smoked.

USMNT Only

@usmntonly

Juventus and USMNT midfielder Weston McKennie has reportedly turned down the latest contract extension offer from Juventus, after the latest offer didn’t include an increase in salary.McKennie is having a career season for Juve this year, leading the team in assists with 10.

I keep forgetting Reynolds. And keep forgetting that he's still young enough for the Olympics.

I think he been getting good PT in... Belgium? Anybody following him more closely?

I keep forgetting Reynolds. And keep forgetting that he's still young enough for the Olympics.

I think he been getting good PT in... Belgium? Anybody following him more closely?

He is at Westerloo with Griffan Yow. I don't ever see Belgium league games so I can only follow by what I read and stats.

He already has the most minutes played in his career this season (this is likely to happen for more than a few of our players).

Belgium has a playoff system that makes MLS look down right basic :) Westerloo are in what are called the Conference League playoff group. This the the playoff group 1 above the relegation playoff group and one below the Championship playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread