What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (12 Viewers)

Only watched short highlights of Chelsea, but it sounds like Sterling played well while Havertz and Mount were off, so maybe some daylight for CP.

True. Also, Werner has been permanently sold and CHO appears on his way out. He was not listed in the team on Saturday despite being healthy and has requested a loan or trade according to multiple reliable sources. Ziyech played extensively in preseason and was on the bench on Saturday but was not one of the 5 substitutions Tuchel used. Pulisic came on for Mount in the 65th minute and I think did well. Nothing remarkable perhaps, but he helped the team ride out a big win at Goodison Park. It was kind of what has become a typical Pulisic performance for Chelsea - had some really nice moments but also gave the ball up a few times, was physically bullied and his body language hasn't changed. For me, it continues to be apparent that the manager has huge confidence in Pulisic and that he will continue to be a valued player for the club.

Only watched short highlights of Chelsea, but it sounds like Sterling played well while Havertz and Mount were off, so maybe some daylight for CP.

True. Also, Werner has been permanently sold and CHO appears on his way out. He was not listed in the team on Saturday despite being healthy and has requested a loan or trade according to multiple reliable sources. Ziyech played extensively in preseason and was on the bench on Saturday but was not one of the 5 substitutions Tuchel used. Pulisic came on for Mount in the 65th minute and I think did well. Nothing remarkable perhaps, but he helped the team ride out a big win at Goodison Park. It was kind of what has become a typical Pulisic performance for Chelsea - had some really nice moments but also gave the ball up a few times, was physically bullied and his body language hasn't changed. For me, it continues to be apparent that the manager has huge confidence in Pulisic and that he will continue to be a valued player for the club.
Based on how he was used at the end of last season and how he was used Saturday, it seems obvious that Tuchel trusts Pulisic to be the type of guy that can come in off the bench and change the game. Not everyone has that ability to get up to speed quickly as a sub, but CP does and Tuchel seems to appreciate that. With Werner gone, CHO probably gone, and Ziyech seeming to be firmly behind him(and also maybe loaned out?), his situation looks better than before they got Sterling right now.

I'd love to see him starting, but if he continues to be the first attacking sub and getting spot starts, it will still help him get ready for November, so I won't complain.

What do we know about this kid? twitter

Aaron Millman

@AaronMillman_

There were so many things that took place over the weekend but I wanted to give a special shoutout to Nottingham Forest winger Alex Mighten (20) on his Premier League debut
💪🏼
Mighten will be representing the United States
🇺🇸
once his paperwork is completed.

What do we know about this kid? twitter

Aaron Millman
@AaronMillman_

There were so many things that took place over the weekend but I wanted to give a special shoutout to Nottingham Forest winger Alex Mighten (20) on his Premier League debut
💪🏼
Mighten will be representing the United States
🇺🇸
once his paperwork is completed.

We have talked about him a little in here. No one has seen him play outside of some highlights. But he appears to have some good ability and his age makes him a good candidate for the Olympic team.

Sargent subbed in for Norwich's Cup game today that went to PK's. Sargent scored on his PK (which was the winner).

Trusty went the full 90 again for Birmingham in the loss.

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano

USMNT striker Matthew Hoppe is in England in order to be unveiled as new Middlesbrough player. Deal was signed on Tuesday and medical also completed - done and sealed. #Boro Official statement now expected on Wednesday

I hope he earns playing time but I wonder if he is one of those players that doesn’t grasp what it means to be a professional until it’s to late.

And he may need a new stylist. That hair is not a good look

Is there any indication when the new world cup shirts will be released? I'm pretty sure I asked this once before - just checking.

Last I read was that Nike's is expected to unveil their WC jerseys (for all their teams) during the Sept friendly window. With the US being a Nike team and having two friendlies in Sept., I think there is a good chance we see the Qatar uniforms next month. I assume they would be available for purchase shortly their after.

Is there any indication when the new world cup shirts will be released? I'm pretty sure I asked this once before - just checking.

Last I read was that Nike's is expected to unveil their WC jerseys (for all their teams) during the Sept friendly window. With the US being a Nike team and having two friendlies in Sept., I think there is a good chance we see the Qatar uniforms next month. I assume they would be available for purchase shortly their after.

Yeah - I was afraid of that, but I saw Brazil released their world cup jersey earlier this week (also Nike.) I'm worried the Chinese counterfeit source I've used in the past typically takes 6 weeks or so for delivery so a late Sept release pushes it for me (its not actually for me, but I'm buying.)

This is a new feature from Fox called "Plane To Qatar". Once a week they will update the likelihood of which US players will get on the plane

Vazquez looked good in the MLS all star game appearance. I'll need to check in on him some more. Seems likely he'll go to Qatar.

This is a new feature from Fox called "Plane To Qatar". Once a week they will update the likelihood of which US players will get on the plane

Vazquez looked good in the MLS all star game appearance. I'll need to check in on him some more. Seems likely he'll go to Qatar.

I will be shocked if he does not get called to the September friendlies. He will likely have to impress in training to keep GGG interested because there will be precious few minutes to go around in the last 2 friendlies.

I will be shocked if he does not get called to the September friendlies. He will likely have to impress in training to keep GGG interested because there will be precious few minutes to go around in the last 2 friendlies.
He looks really, really good

This might actually lower his chances of getting on plane into the negatives if true...
======

George Jack

@1Georgejack

Defender John Brooks will be the last deal for Al-Nasr Saudi club in the current summer transfers

Don't blame him. Greg clearly isn't gonna call him and I'm sure the money is really good.

It is telling to me that a cb who is under 30 and on free transfer can't sign a good deal in one of the top 5 leagues (mid to lower tableish). I assume the money must be better than a TAM deal in MLS.

Don't blame him. Greg clearly isn't gonna call him and I'm sure the money is really good.

It is telling to me that a cb who is under 30 and on free transfer can't sign a good deal in one of the top 5 leagues (mid to lower tableish). I assume the money must be better than a TAM deal in MLS.

While many of us has wondered what was what with the Brooks saga, the longer it goes the more it appears that GGG was either correct and/or lucky.

He looks really, really good
Whoa. Thanks for posting that link. I'd like to see him with the team first, but based on those clips I'd be fine with just putting him on the plane with Ferreira and seeing how it goes. Worst case he's no better than Pefok, Pepi (and he kind of reminds me of Pepi).

I've seen Doyle pimping him for awhile, but honestly just disregard anything he says about the quality of an MLS player at this point.

Lots of Valencia rumors lately. Both Pulisic and Weah have been linked. It would certainly make following our guys easier since that would make 3 of them on the same team (this is Musah's team). :)

I am sure it is just meaningless rumors. I expect Valencia could afford Weah but unless Chelsea is ready to lose $40-50m on Pulisic, I can't see that happening.

Whoa. Thanks for posting that link. I'd like to see him with the team first, but based on those clips I'd be fine with just putting him on the plane with Ferreira and seeing how it goes. Worst case he's no better than Pefok, Pepi (and he kind of reminds me of Pepi).

One thing I like about him is that he is not just a poacher. He combines really well with other players. Jesus is a false 9 and yet I think Vasquez has the same number of assists as Jesus does, and Vasquez is a FAR superior hold up player due to his size.

He is also fairly versatile in the box. He has 6 goals with head, 5 with right foot and 3 with left foot making him hard to mark in the box.

One thing I like about him is that he is not just a poacher. He combines really well with other players. Jesus is a false 9 and yet I think Vasquez has the same number of assists as Jesus does, and Vasquez is a FAR superior hold up player due to his size.

He is also fairly versatile in the box. He has 6 goals with head, 5 with right foot and 3 with left foot making him hard to mark in the box.
He looks like a polished version of what I was hoping Pepi would be.

He is really skilled.

harsh analysis I saw on twitter earlier today - Zack Steffen is Not in Bad Form
Yeah. We've been saying the same things for awhile now. It's pretty clear he's just not that guy.

I personally never saw him play before last year or two, so this article was news to me. I never saw him play when he was on loan in Dusseldorf, but the reports from that season sounded like he was the second coming of Petr Cech or something. Hopefully he settles down and has a decent season, but right now I'm not sure he should even make it to Qatar.

I was thinking naively that Vazquez was a Ching type of guy- which isn't a bad thing, but has it's limits at the next level. But he showed way more skill in that video than I was ever expecting- with his feet and mind- skill that could translate up well, especially the way he's knocking in goals.

Now with Prefok apparently playing with some fire, and Haji making strides, we might just have some nice competition for the forward spot(s) where the cupboard had been looking awfully bare the last year+.

But sad to see the regression of our 2 youth hopefuls in Pepi and Sarge. Theyre still young and both apparently decent pros in their mindsets, so can hopefully rebound and carve out their places again.

Tillman, Jedi, Ream, Aaronson, Adams, Horvath, and Gooch are starting today.

Pepi on bench. Sands did not dress, don't know why...

Trusty looks like he will be going 90 again. Getting a ton of minutes at Birmingham.

Bello has to be slipping down the depth chart as he looks to be only a sub in Bundie 2.

Alexi having some fun on twitter
@AlexiLalas

Of course @landondonovan would start on this #USMNT. He would start at any of the front 3 positions over Pulisic, Weah, Jesus, Aaronson, Reyna, and anyone else on this team.

Clearly a troll but a better non troll answer would be Dempsey and Donovan would be right in the mix for as many minutes as any one else on our roster.

The older, striker version of Dempsey would very likely be the first choice 9 right now. Although there would also be a high likelihood of homicide the second Pulisic got in front of him for a cross :)

Users who are viewing this thread