What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Gems - For Upcoming Week 11 (1 Viewer)

4th&inches

Footballguy
Didn't see anything listed and since most waivers run tonight, figured i'd start a thread. 

QB:

• Lamar Jackson - obviously on the pure speculation that Flacco isn't able to play. Could be a league winner with his legs...jury still out no his arm
  • Dak Prescott - Great matchup in ATL this week and seems to at the very least be a competent QB1 (low) for a bye week filler
  • Marcus Mariota - healthy now, and seems to be heating up
RB:

• Rashaad Penny - saw a glimpse of what he can do... now, will Carson be healthy? Will Pete actually play him more? 
  • Derrick Henry (if dropped) - finally looking decent....still not sure i'd trust him, but worth a flyer
  • Spencer Ware, Malcom Brown, Rod Smith - all essential Fantasy Playoff handcuffs
  • Rex Burkhead - who knows, but the NE backfield does seem to be productive...just need to figure out who it will be
  • Josh Adams - seems to be the best RB option in Philly
WR:

• Corey Davis (if still available) - 1st round talent, finally coming around, & Mariota is finally healthy... who else is he gonna throw to?
  • Anthony Miller - looking better and better each week. Mitch is slangin it too!
  • Josh Reynolds - Kupp done, flyer to pick up the slack/ scraps
TE:

• RSJ - bye week fill in vs. a terrible OAK defense

Yeah I wanted to make it, but i couldn't honestly think of 5 guys for waivers that I'd legit endorse:

Josh Reynolds, WR - Obviously with Kupp OFyY, but beware he's used more as a red zone target (only 6 catches in his two non-Kupp starts).

Arizona D/ST - They face Oakland.

... that's all I got. Not going to hype handcuffs to starting RBs unless they have standalone value.

Last edited by a moderator:
You got most of the names. I would add

RB

Riddick getting looks in PPR

TE

J. Heuerman 

RB / TE (at least in Yahoo leagues)

Jaylen Samuels if Conner is out (concussion)

You got most of the names. I would add

RB

Riddick getting looks in PPR

TE

J. Heuerman 

RB / TE (at least in Yahoo leagues)

Jaylen Samuels if Conner is out (concussion)

Great call on Samuels...especially with the state of TE's this year. From what I've read, Conner should play Thursday though. 

Gotta submit before I go to sleep and I have no idea what to do.

1. Rashad Penny
  2. Josh Reynolds
  3. Josh Adams
  4. Anthony Miller
I think that's how they should be ranking in terms of ceiling ROS. For current and short term production though I think Miller is the play.

1. Rashad Penny
  2. Josh Reynolds
  3. Josh Adams
  4. Anthony Miller
I think that's how they should be ranking in terms of ceiling ROS. For current and short term production though I think Miller is the play.
I think I'd go Penny, Miller, Adams, Reynolds. Reynolds has gone two games without a target, and Adams will be in an even bigger RBBC when Sproles returns.

Penny at least is trending in the right direction and Miller has been productive at times. 

I think I'd go Penny, Miller, Adams, Reynolds. Reynolds has gone two games without a target, and Adams will be in an even bigger RBBC when Sproles returns.

Penny at least is trending in the right direction and Miller has been productive at times. 
Thanks. Kinda feel like Adams has a better chance but nobody knows (I'm also discounting Sproles because he's 3-4 weeks out per the report this week.)

Reynolds had that 2 TD game last time Kupp was out, but he is nowhere near as crisp of a route runner and his hands are just OK. But big frame and catch radius, and the third option on a high powered offense is def FF relevant.

It's not a major decision by any means but I might snag Miller just so I can start him on Turkey Day against the depleted/defeated Lions.

My core is AB/Hilton/Jeffrey/Tate and Chubb/Cook/Johnson/Lindsay - start 6 of those 8 - so it would probably doesn't matter.

How is Penny trending up? Carroll has said Carson is healthy and that it''s kinda "tough" to give carries to 3 RBs. Unless there's an injury Penny could be Inactive on gameday again. Remember, he wasn't involved in the passing game due to not being trusted as a blocker.

1. Rashad Penny
  2. Josh Reynolds
  3. Josh Adams
  4. Anthony Miller
I think it really depends on need. 

If you could really use a RB short term, then Adams is the play.

If you’re looking for a potential RB2/playoff stash, then I think I’d go Penny. 

Immediate high floor WR with WR2 upside,  go Miller. 

If you’re looking for that flyer WR/ Kupp fill-in, then Reynolds is your guy. 

At at least that’s how I view them

How is Penny trending up? Carroll has said Carson is healthy and that it''s kinda "tough" to give carries to 3 RBs. Unless there's an injury Penny could be Inactive on gameday again. Remember, he wasn't involved in the passing game due to not being trusted as a blocker.
We're talking about Peter Carroll....

I got Chubb and Breida on. He so I need a one week filler at my RB2 spot. Barber was dropped so he'll be my first target followed by Adams then Penny. Adams and Penny are both in RBBCs and I don't trust Caroll. 

Robert Griffin. I think he's got a better arm than Flacco ever did. He may not be the running threat he once was, but he's mobile. It will cost nothing to pick him up in about 90% of the leagues. Ravens just picked up Ty Montgomery and have 3 real threats at receiving running back and just got Hurst rolling.

I've been debating back and forth between burning my #1 WW Priority on Corey Davis. 

Anyone closer to the Titans got any more insight into his ROS outlook...or to talk me off the ledge?

Pittsburgh D/ST - Next few weeks they get:

11 - Nov 18 @JAC - Bortles LOL

12 - Nov 25 @DEN - Keenum LOL

That's a 2 week play there, think they might be a better play than Arizona due to that. Arizona in Week 12 is @LAC

Pretty active week with (relatively large) FABBs in my longtime redraft

• Penny $40 (4 bids)
  • Reynolds $26 (3 bids)
  • Miller $12 (mine - 2 bids)
  • Adams $5 (2 bids)
  • Arizona $2 (2 bids)

Pittsburgh D/ST - Next few weeks they get:

11 - Nov 18 @JAC - Bortles LOL

12 - Nov 25 @DEN - Keenum LOL

That's a 2 week play there, think they might be a better play than Arizona due to that. Arizona in Week 12 is @LAC
I'm  probably way off, but nervous about the Steelers this week for real and fake football. 

I'm  probably way off, but nervous about the Steelers this week for real and fake football. 
I'm with you here.  Every once in a while Bortles seems to channel an inner Brett Favre and has a blow up game...Steelers playing on the road this week seems like a trap game to me.  Basing this on nothing but my gut feeling.

Dak and Baltimore look like good streamers this week. I fully expect Baltimore to bounce back and unload on “I see people” Dalton

hardcoredx said:
Dak and Baltimore look like good streamers this week. I fully expect Baltimore to bounce back and unload on “I see people” Dalton
Trying to decide between going after AZ DEF (OAK this week) or Baltimore (OAK next week).  AZ plays the Chargers next week which is a less bueno matchup, so if we think the Ravens will feast on Cincy...

Okay, I'll chip in. 

Here's one for the not-faint-of-heart:    Eli Manning. 

Everyone's favorite whipping boy gets a horrific Tampa secondary in Week 11.   The Buccaneers give up by far the most passing yards/game, allowing anyone not named Alex Smith to throw for over 300 yards and multiple TDs.   Tampa can't match up with OBJ, Saquon, Shepherd and Engram.  If you're in a pinch and got the cojones,   start #10.   

Manning has thrown for more than 300 yards in 3 of his last 5 games.  

What’s the thought on Tre’Quan Smith?  He was a hot commodity for awhile before he took a goose egg last weekend.  There is not a lot of competition for targets after Thomas and the RBs. 

Elevencents said:
I can’t imagine you will find someone better than Davis on the wire the rest of the year. Sheesh, absolutely. 
I will add my twocents to Elevencents - grab Corey if you can and promptly insert him into your starting lineup - Tremblay has him at WR13 this week, and Dodds has him at WR14 this week.  He has 10 targets each of the last 2 weeks, and should be at or very near it this week vs IND.

the only option of anyone mentioned above is Reynolds, Miller and Burkhead, and I want 0 of Burkhead, and have allen robinson AND have Kupp.  So my move has to be at Reynolds.  He could have a big game or two, but will need to accept 4/45 games as well.

the only option of anyone mentioned above is Reynolds, Miller and Burkhead, and I want 0 of Burkhead, and have allen robinson AND have Kupp.  So my move has to be at Reynolds.  He could have a big game or two, but will need to accept 4/45 games as well.
Kupp owner grabbing Reynolds as well. I have Landry to slide into Kupp’s spot but like having Reynold’s in case he can get some of Kupp’s RZ Targets 

What’s the thought on Tre’Quan Smith?  He was a hot commodity for awhile before he took a goose egg last weekend.  There is not a lot of competition for targets after Thomas and the RBs. 
In dynasty maybe...  When your team scores 51 points and you get zero targets, you should accept the "floor" is truly the "floor".

I can’t imagine serious playoff teams could be helped by any of these guys.  
Never know...  injuries, maybe looking for depth that could start in a play-off pinch...  I have very good TEs but would consider Gerald Everett had I the need.

It’s got nothing to do with being a playoff team.  It’s a week 11 waiver discussion.  
The point stands.. why make an effort to prevent other teams from getting FA's that wont help them win (at this point it is entirely about playoff teams, but regardless).

Week 1 - 16, playoff teams or bottom of the barrel, logic seems the same.

The point stands.. why make an effort to prevent other teams from getting FA's that wont help them win (at this point it is entirely about playoff teams, but regardless).

Week 1 - 16, playoff teams or bottom of the barrel, logic seems the same.
Start your own scintillating thread on the topic.  This is a waiver wire thread.

Start your own scintillating thread on the topic.  This is a waiver wire thread.
I am responding to a post/idea presented in this waiver wire thread. 

Trying to assert that week 11 waiver moves are not about the playoffs is ridiculous.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Perhaps there are a lot of 2-8 teams out there trying improve their position in a consolation bracket by grinding out week 11 waiver wire moves.

If that is anyone here, I stand corrected and I applaud your tenacity.  Seriously.

The one that stood out to me that was mentioned is Corey Davis.  He certainly can help serious playoff teams, but is likely only available in shallow bench 10-team leagues.

I think the whole point of this weekly exercise of trying to target the "gems" on the waiver wire is that they could help you out for the ROS/ playoffs. 

• I nabbed Corey Davis who is immediately starting in my flex spot this week. 
  • if Carson goes down again (entirely possible), Penny could become a RB2 for you. 
  • Josh Reynolds has the opportunity to be your WR3 (not "league winner, but still very helpful)
  • If Anthony Miller keeps up the high targets, he's got a floor of a low WR2

Point is, we don't know. We have no idea who in front of these guys/ on our own roster could get hurt. We don't know if any of the guys on the above lists (or even ones not listed) can catch fire and blow up. 

But to dismiss trying because you can't imagine any serious playoff team being helped by these guys is short sighted and obstinate just for the sake of arguing. 

For all the Conner (non-Bell) owners in a redraft league, I think it's only proper for you to pick up Bell and stash him on your bench from here on out.  He is just as important for your team's success as Conner is, and deserves some love.

For all the Conner (non-Bell) owners in a redraft league, I think it's only proper for you to pick up Bell and stash him on your bench from here on out.  He is just as important for your team's success as Conner is, and deserves some love.
Wasn't it announced he wouldn't play this year?  I don't see a need to pick up Bell in a redraft league.

Wasn't it announced he wouldn't play this year?  I don't see a need to pick up Bell in a redraft league.
Of course he won't play this year.  My point was to pay respect to him by allowing Conner to take you to the promised land.  It would kind of be like Peyton reserving a bench spot for Eli on his fantasy team.

Of course he won't play this year.  My point was to pay respect to him by allowing Conner to take you to the promised land.  It would kind of be like Peyton reserving a bench spot for Eli on his fantasy team.
Oh, Ok.  I didn't read earlier posts and didn't see the humor / sarcasm 

Users who are viewing this thread