What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 2* (3 Viewers)

Another one for deep leagues.

Ty Johnson. He was given significantly more touches in week 2 and looked good. I don't think Detroit is sold on Kerryon Johnson's pass catching ability. Ty Johnson may be a better pure catcher of the ball and he is super explosive. He is the handcuff to Kerryon. There aren't many RB's left out there that have the combination of talent and potential future opportunity.

I am still lollering at the bears TRADING UP for Trubusky.  How in the hell do you get that so wrong?
Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russel, Rick Mirer, Andre Ware, Todd Marinovich, Heath Shuler, Cade McNown, Art Schlicter, Akili Smith, David Klinger, Big Dan McGwire, Jim Druckenmiller, Kelly Stouffer, and Joey Harrington all say hi.

Point is, it happens.

Not defending Trubisky, he's a mess this year. He flashed last year, so jury may still be out on him. But time is definitely ticking.

Is Ajayi healthy? He's gonna get signed by somebody at some point and if so it's because they need him. 
Is Ajayi ever healthy? But yes, agree he is going to get signed by somebody at some point.

rockaction said:
Wasn't the knock on Trubisky a pretty relevant one, though? That he'd barely started even a whole season+...

It seems maybe the evaluators missed something big due to sample size.
Ya and Mahomes and Watson also had huge knocks.

The point isn't that the evaluators ended up being wrong, it's that they were ALL wrong.  You can't fault the Bears for taking him.... things happen and don't always work out. 

The point isn't that the evaluators ended up being wrong, it's that they were ALL wrong.  You can't fault the Bears for taking him.... things happen and don't always work out. 
I see. In other words, that they were wrong in lockstep.

Isn't that the problem, though? That their talent evaluation was prioritizing the wrong things when it came to him, Mahomes, Watson.   

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russel, Rick Mirer, Andre Ware, Todd Marinovich, Heath Shuler, Cade McNown, Art Schlicter, Akili Smith, David Klinger, Big Dan McGwire, Jim Druckenmiller, Kelly Stouffer, and Joey Harrington all say hi.

Point is, it happens.

Not defending Trubisky, he's a mess this year. He flashed last year, so jury may still be out on him. But time is definitely ticking.

Is Ajayi ever healthy? But yes, agree he is going to get signed by somebody at some point.
Every year I'll look at who is left unrostered and think that eventually that guy is gonna be a big free agent pick up at some point. If you have space he's probably worth a stash. He may not be a big producer but during bye weeks and when injuries start happening he is better than a goose egg. If he goes to the right place he could be a gem while he lasts. 

How much would Samuels go for now that Conner is an injury risk and Ben is out? I just dropped him last week since I needed bench space. Perfect timing I know.

thinking of 20% non ppr.

I see. In other words, that they were wrong in lockstep.

Isn't that the problem, though? That their talent evaluation was prioritizing the wrong things when it came to him, Mahomes, Watson.   
I see what you're saying, but when it's a consensus, then I don't like when people sit and say "Every NFL Scout is an idiot".  If you were picking 3rd and were the Bears, you likely would have taken Mitch too.  So would have I.  Doesn't make them dumb, you can't hit on every pick.  Some players develop and their game works out at the next level, some don't.  The greatest talent evaluator in the league might still have taken Trubisky over those guys.  He wouldn't have been wrong at the time. 

would be helpful if you guys posted your FAAB percentages in this thread for those who have waivers run tonight

would be helpful if you guys posted your FAAB percentages in this thread for those who have waivers run tonight
$200 FAAB budget in my main league (3yr keeper, pseudo-deep benches). Below are my potential addds:

• D. Robinson - 15% - 25% 
  • R. Mostert - 10% - 15%
  • M. Hardman - 10% - 15%
  • J. Ross - 10% - 15%
  • ----> would be dropping Pollard for one of the above
Lower tier, you could potentially add, but I would drop any of my "end of bench" guys (Pollard, Darwin Thompson, Metcalf)

• Metcalf - 5% - 10% (I own in most of my leagues, but listing here for my thinking)
  • R. Penny - 5%-9% - if Carson keeps fumbling, he "could" be the starter
  • Chase Edmonds - 1%-5% (mainly as a handcuff to DJ since he left the game *but came back* this past week)
  • Deebo Samuel - ~5%
  • Randall Cobb - ~5%

And if we're looking at QB help, here's how i'd rank the ones that could/ should be available:

• J. Allen - #1 if available (still wouldn't spend more than like 15% or so)
  • Dalton - #2 - should be available in most leagues
  • Winston - #3 - 
  • Stafford - #4
Hope this helps

did said pundits provide any context?

As mentioned above, long-term, Hardman might be the better play, but Robinson seems to be the guy to own now...at least from what I've seen/ read
kindanotreally.  i think they are basing it on your point above, as well as the called back TD.

$200 FAAB budget in my main league (3yr keeper, pseudo-deep benches). Below are my potential addds:

• D. Robinson - 15% - 25% 
  • R. Mostert - 10% - 15%
  • M. Hardman - 10% - 15%
  • J. Ross - 10% - 15%
  • ----> would be dropping Pollard for one of the above
Lower tier, you could potentially add, but I would drop any of my "end of bench" guys (Pollard, Darwin Thompson, Metcalf)

• Metcalf - 5% - 10% (I own in most of my leagues, but listing here for my thinking)
  • R. Penny - 5%-9% - if Carson keeps fumbling, he "could" be the starter
  • Chase Edmonds - 1%-5% (mainly as a handcuff to DJ since he left the game *but came back* this past week)
  • Deebo Samuel - ~5%
  • Randall Cobb - ~5%
Hope this helps
In a very short bench league, would you consider dropping DK or Kirk for one of the KC WRs?  

Cowboysfan8 said:
Huh?

Which veteran is that going to be ?
Any of Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Brandon Weeden, Colin Kaepernick, Matt Cassel or I bet the Giants might take a 6th round pick for Eli. 

In a very short bench league, would you consider dropping DK or Kirk for one of the KC WRs?  
I think it depends on your current needs. 

that KC offense is something I want a piece of; and while Hill is out, I think 1 of those KC receivers is gonna be a week winner for you....figuring out who appears to be harder to pinpoint. If you're looking for a WR to for the next few weeks+, I think I "MIGHT" consider dropping Metcalf for one of them... however he seems to be the WR1 in SEA & a big body in the RZ, so that's a tough one for me. Kirk is a hold. 

In a keeper league/ long-term this season, I think I like Metcalf 1st, Hardman 2nd (even though I ranked him below Robinson above - I think Robinson seems to be the WR2 there with Hill gone, but not sure what his role will be when Hill returns), and Robinson 3rd

Ray Barboni said:
I’m in the same situation. I picked up Herndon, and will stick it out with Cook for the time being.

Maybe Teddy will go to him a bit more than Brees was.

i thought about dissly. Want no part of Graham even though I’ve got Arod at QB.
It's possible cook will be ok with teddy.  He seemed to get alot of targets vs the rams.  I just have a feeling if I sit cook for someone else hes gonna have a decent game.  That's just how it works with these mid range tes

Deamon said:
I supposed trading up (one spot) was wrong, but almost every GM had him as their #1 ranked QB.  Hate when people bash the Bears and say they were dumb for taking the consensus #1 QB when they had a big QB need.
Link?

Mongidig said:
Another one for deep leagues.

Ty Johnson. He was given significantly more touches in week 2 and looked good. I don't think Detroit is sold on Kerryon Johnson's pass catching ability. Ty Johnson may be a better pure catcher of the ball and he is super explosive. He is the handcuff to Kerryon. There aren't many RB's left out there that have the combination of talent and potential future opportunity.
I agree he's a deep PPR league/Dynasty stash but slow the roll on the cuff talk. CJ Anderson would assume the primary roll if KJ were not available. There's also an OC Bevell favorite J.D. McKissic in the mix for pass catching. Last week was not necessarily indicative of how these backs will be used.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree he's a deep PPR league/Dynasty stash but slow the roll on the cuff talk. CJ Anderson would assume the primary roll if KJ were not available. There's also a OC Bevell favorite J.D. McKissic in the mix for a pass catching. Last week was not necessarily indicative of how these backs will be used.
CJA just got released.  Ty Johnson definitely intriguing.

I think it depends on your current needs. 

that KC offense is something I want a piece of; and while Hill is out, I think 1 of those KC receivers is gonna be a week winner for you....figuring out who appears to be harder to pinpoint. If you're looking for a WR to for the next few weeks+, I think I "MIGHT" consider dropping Metcalf for one of them... however he seems to be the WR1 in SEA & a big body in the RZ, so that's a tough one for me. Kirk is a hold. 

In a keeper league/ long-term this season, I think I like Metcalf 1st, Hardman 2nd (even though I ranked him below Robinson above - I think Robinson seems to be the WR2 there with Hill gone, but not sure what his role will be when Hill returns), and Robinson 3rd
I own Tyreek and just lost Gallup as well.

Metcalf and Hardman and Robinson all available and I think I’m trying to get them in that order. As a longer term play for me I think Metcalf May hold more value for roster depth and seems to be emerging as the big body #1

Yeah, none available in my league either. 12 team, start 1 QB, yet 26 QBs are currently rostered. Best available are Brisset, Keenum, Flacco, Minshew, Bridgewater, and all the new starters (Jones, Rudolph, etc).

Just had to trade for Dalton since I lost Brees. Needed the insurance on the roster. 

It came very close on draft day, QB was so deep and guys kept dropping so I waited... and very nearly wound up with Brees and Roethisberger as my two guys. Thank god Lamar Jackson was still around on the board late. Just need him to stay healthy, I'm losing a guy a week off my roster. 
You gave up something of value for Dalton when there were 7 other backup QBs available on the wire ? What did he cost you ?

Question to pose that might be relevant to a few others:

if you currently have Sammy Watkins, would you still try to claim Robinson/ Hardman?

CJA just got released.  Ty Johnson definitely intriguing.
Wow, did not see that either. Was planning on dropping CJ anyway, but a few Qs:

• Is Ty Johnson worth an add as a result? Lions also seemed to pick up Paul Perkins, who was middling with the Giants and couldn't command a starting role - is he worth a look?. Both these backs have similar builds -- and both are similar in build to Kerryon. Strange as it doesn't seem apparent who might be the obvious passing back, short yardage, etc. out of all three of these guys.
  • With CJ a FA, is he worth a hold in terms of any teams that could pick him up? @SoBeDad mentions one interesting landing spot in LA - Bengals, Dolphins, Redskins, Falcons, even the Chiefs might be looking to bolster squads. Is he a hold and see? Or worth a drop as he won't be meaningful anywhere?

Wow, did not see that either. Was planning on dropping CJ anyway, but a few Qs:

• Is Ty Johnson worth an add as a result? Lions also seemed to pick up Paul Perkins, who was middling with the Giants and couldn't command a starting role - is he worth a look?. Both these backs have similar builds -- and both are similar in build to Kerryon. Strange as it doesn't seem apparent who might be the obvious passing back, short yardage, etc. out of all three of these guys.
  • With CJ a FA, is he worth a hold in terms of any teams that could pick him up? @SoBeDad mentions one interesting landing spot in LA - Bengals, Dolphins, Redskins, Falcons, even the Chiefs might be looking to bolster squads. Is he a hold and see? Or worth a drop as he won't be meaningful anywhere?
depending on league/ roster size, but of al the RB's you mention, the only one id want to roster would be Ty Johnson

Short bench, pretty restrictive waivers league...

Prolly gonna come down to McLaurin vs Hardman for me.  I'm leaning Hardman based on I want  another piece of the KC pie, but McLaurin will prolly be more consistent week in, week out, dammit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Short bench, pretty restrictive waivers league...

Prolly gonna come down to McLaurin vs Hardman for me.  I'm leaning Hardman based on I want  another piece of the KC pie, but McLaurin will prolly be more consistent week in, week out, dammit!
McLaurin would be the clear choice for me.

It was well advertised at the time.  He was all the talk.  If you search 20 mocks and 20 qb rankings, he's #1 in almost every one.  He was the top QB.  Hindsight is easy.
Weird, because a quick search shows people were pretty divided, which is how I remember it. CBS Sports gave the grade of D for the trade/draft pick. 

Well, there was this

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/2017-nfl-draft-quarterback-rankings-scouting-reports-mitchell-trubisky-deshaun-watson-patrick-mahomes-deshone-kizer

And this:

https://www.49ers.com/news/espn-draft-expert-todd-mcshay-evaluates-2017-qb-prospects-18622348

“I don’t think there’s a major gap between them. I just think it’s going to come down to if a team falls in love with one of them or says, ‘This is what we’re looking for. This is where we’re going to have success.’ They all have similar grades for me.”

And this, which puts him at T22 over a period of the last decade, behind luminaries like Ryan Tannehill, et. al

https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-draft-quarterback-prospects-ratings-2018-4

But yeah, it looks like most people had Watson-Trubisky 1-2 with the acknowledgment that they felt it was a weak QB class. 

Well, there was this

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/2017-nfl-draft-quarterback-rankings-scouting-reports-mitchell-trubisky-deshaun-watson-patrick-mahomes-deshone-kizer

And this:

https://www.49ers.com/news/espn-draft-expert-todd-mcshay-evaluates-2017-qb-prospects-18622348

“I don’t think there’s a major gap between them. I just think it’s going to come down to if a team falls in love with one of them or says, ‘This is what we’re looking for. This is where we’re going to have success.’ They all have similar grades for me.”

And this, which puts him at T22 over a period of the last decade, behind luminaries like Ryan Tannehill, et. al

https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-draft-quarterback-prospects-ratings-2018-4

But yeah, it looks like most people had Watson-Trubisky 1-2 with the acknowledgment that they felt it was a weak QB class. 
Your first link has Mitch over Watson/Mahomes (Kizer... really?  He wasn't in the convo come draft day)

Your 2nd link and quote is from early March.  In March it was up in the air... Mitch really separated himself as the clear #1 QB come mid April.

Your last shows Mitch had a higher draft grade than any other QB in the class.

Yet you summarize it by saying most people had Watson-Trubisky 1-2.

Where is your "quick search shows people were divided"?  Come draft day, Mitch was the consensus top QB coming off the board according to almost any search you can find.

Your first link has Mitch over Watson/Mahomes (Kizer... really?  He wasn't in the convo come draft day)

Your 2nd link and quote is from early March.  In March it was up in the air... Mitch really separated himself as the clear #1 QB come mid April.

Your last shows Mitch had a higher draft grade than any other QB in the class.

Yet you summarize it by saying most people had Watson-Trubisky 1-2.

Where is your "quick search shows people were divided"?  Come draft day, Mitch was the consensus top QB coming off the board according to almost any search you can find.

Oh, my bad. I meant that Trubisky was 1.

You were right, is what I was saying, but it was muddled with caveats.

My bad. You were right. 

Users who are viewing this thread