What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 2* (1 Viewer)

Even KC guys need their divining rods to figure that one out. 
One is a slightly higher drafted rookie that is a bit smaller and the other is a guy with a couple years of experience that is a bit larger but hasnt really shown anything until Sun.  But from the highlights I saw Robinson looked amazing.  Sleek and fast.

One is a slightly higher drafted rookie that is a bit smaller and the other is a guy with a couple years of experience that is a bit larger but hasnt really shown anything until Sun.  But from the highlights I saw Robinson looked amazing.  Sleek and fast.
Yeah, I don't know if you saw the other thread I posted this in, but I listened to the Raiders game with audio on Tony Romo and Jim Nantz. Romo and Nantz both said that in the production meeting with Mahomes, Mahomes specifically mentioned Robinson's ability to get open when Mahomes scrambled or freelanced. He predicted a big day for Robinson. Now, that's to be taken with a grain of salt, and has to be understood in light of the game plan, but that might count for something.

And Robinson outsnapped Hardman by about fifteen snaps, if I'm reading right. 

Yeah, I don't know if you saw the other thread I posted this in, but I listened to the Raiders game with audio on Tony Romo and Jim Nantz. Romo and Nantz both said that in the production meeting with Mahomes, Mahomes specifically mentioned Robinson's ability to get open when Mahomes scrambled or freelanced. He predicted a big day for Robinson. Now, that's to be taken with a grain of salt, and has to be understood in light of the game plan, but that might count for something.

And Robinson outsnapped Hardman by about fifteen snaps, if I'm reading right. 
I get all of that but there is an article (I will try and find it again) that says despite this weeks production that Hardman has been a Mahommes favorite and can slide into the Hill role in the option so he would be the more valuable pickup. 

I get all of that but there is an article (I will try and find it again) that says despite this weeks production that Hardman has been a Mahommes favorite and can slide into the Hill role in the option so he would be the more valuable pickup. 
Sure. I'm pushing neither. Just adding to the information that one processes. That's why I said even KC homers might need a divining rod. I don't say that lightly when there's info. Remember it=Info. ;)

I have brees as my only QB....and honestly, I'm not picking up Bridgewater. Unless you are in a big league, there has to be better options than Bridgewater in waivers. 12 teamer in that league I have Brees and guys like Dalton, Allen and Stafford are available. All of these better options IMO than Bridgewater. Now, I'm not sure which one of the 3 I should pick but that's a different question....lol

That argument is based on their usage when Hill returns.. positing that Robinson at that time will no longer see the field while Mecole would still have a role.

Does nothing to help the guessing game today.
Well, if it’s a coin toss for now wouldn’t I want the guy that’s going to valuable even when Hill gets back?

Well, if it’s a coin toss for now wouldn’t I want the guy that’s going to valuable even when Hill gets back?
I don't think you are going to want either (at least on a weekly basis) when Hill comes back.

Until then, guessing right/wrong is going to win/lose weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in trouble at TE after drafting two injury prone players in Henry and Reed.  Tried Vernon Davis as a stop gap last week and it didn't work out well.  Going to try for Will Dissly (another injury prone player).  He looks to be a red zone target for Wilson and had a good start last season until he got injured. 

I am in trouble at TE after drafting too injury prone players in Henry and Reed.  Tried Vernon Davis as a stop gap last week and it didn't work out well.  Going to try for Will Dissly (another injury prone player).  He looks to be a red zone target for Wilson and had a good start last season until he got injured. 
Others have said it, but Chris Herndon might be a good preemptive stash for when he returns in a handful of weeks. 

I don't think you are going to want either (at least on a weekly basis) when Hill comes back.

Yes this is the issue I'm having. Do I want to burn my top waiver priority only to be stuck in this guessing game? Mecole is no longer available anyway

I may hang back and see if a guy like Chark makes it past the waivers

But as we just saw this past week that offense is liquid and having a piece of it even for the short term is worth it.

Think I need a te.  Would you guys stick with cook or go after one of these we tes?  No one is on my ww. Graham,   Dissily that's about it

Any Danny Dimes (Daniel Jones) truthers?  Guy was slinging it in preseason.
In two QB leagues, he's gotta be worth a look with those weapons. A Saquon screen to the house alone might make a 2 QB day, if you're hurting at QB with Big Ben or Brees. Other than that, he's less than a replacement player, IMHO.

In other words, it depends on your roster and waiver wire. 

In two QB leagues, he's gotta be worth a look with those weapons. A Saquon screen to the house alone might make a 2 QB day, if you're hurting at QB with Big Ben or Brees. Other than that, he's less than a replacement player, IMHO.

In other words, it depends on your roster and waiver wire. 
I'm going to put in for him. The cupboard is pretty barren in my league for backup QBs - would rather take a chance with the unknown upside of Jones versus the better known "upside" of the likes of Keenum, Winston, Mariota, Flacco, etc. Seems like more and more rookie QBs are coming in and doing well - maybe Jones is another.

Think I need a te.  Would you guys stick with cook or go after one of these we tes?  No one is on my ww. Graham,   Dissily that's about it
I’m in the same situation. I picked up Herndon, and will stick it out with Cook for the time being.

Maybe Teddy will go to him a bit more than Brees was.

i thought about dissly. Want no part of Graham even though I’ve got Arod at QB.

For deeper leagues

Devin Smith.....Gallup is gonna be out for a few weeks. Dallas play's Miami this week. 

David Moore....He could be back this week. He is more of a stash but could be a boom or bust flex if your hurting and could be fantasy relevant if their is an injury in front of him.

so based on all the QB issues from this past week, if you had to pick one of waivers, who would you pick for the rest of the year? Allen or Dalton. I just have a tough time trusting a QB in Buffalo...especially once the cold days are coming....

so based on all the QB issues from this past week, if you had to pick one of waivers, who would you pick for the rest of the year? Allen or Dalton. I just have a tough time trusting a QB in Buffalo...especially once the cold days are coming....
Josh Allen was Qb1 overall last year from. Week 12 on.

He should not be available in any league IMO

I am still lollering at the bears TRADING UP for Trubusky.  How in the hell do you get that so wrong?
I supposed trading up (one spot) was wrong, but almost every GM had him as their #1 ranked QB.  Hate when people bash the Bears and say they were dumb for taking the consensus #1 QB when they had a big QB need.

I supposed trading up (one spot) was wrong, but almost every GM had him as their #1 ranked QB.  Hate when people bash the Bears and say they were dumb for taking the consensus #1 QB when they had a big QB need.
Wasn't the knock on Trubisky a pretty relevant one, though? That he'd barely started even a whole season+...

It seems maybe the evaluators missed something big due to sample size.

Users who are viewing this thread