What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Pickups - Heading into Week 11 (1 Viewer)

Who is the better pickup Watson or Toney?
Tough call here. I think they are both legitimate possibilities for the Ghost of Drew Bennett award.

I like Watson a little bit more RoS but mostly because I think Toney has a slightly longer road to go down before he supplants Hardman &/or MVS &/or JuJu. However, judging by what Pacheco appears to be doing in the backfield, I do think he could legitimately work his way into the #1 WR role in KC. If there are injuries in front of him it could happen sooner but I think it could happen regardless. He has the draft pedigree, he seems to pass the eyeball test and the talent in front of him isn't incredibly daunting (although I am a bigger fan of JuJu than most).
haha - Drew Bennett was my early xmas present that end of season when he went absolutely nuts. good times!

Picking up D. Watson kinda turns my stomach, but it's going to be a now or never sort of window here. Is he worth a waiver move? My boys Brady and Cousins haven't exactly been lighting it up.

Picking up D. Watson kinda turns my stomach, but it's going to be a now or never sort of window here. Is he worth a waiver move? My boys Brady and Cousins haven't exactly been lighting it up.
No moral compass on my part. This is fantasy football, not Watson wanting to marry my granddaughter. I wonder what skeletons those that are repulsed by Watson have in their closet?

No moral compass on my part. This is fantasy football, not Watson wanting to marry my granddaughter. I wonder what skeletons those that are repulsed by Watson have in their closet?
None...well none relating to being a sexual predator.

I have no problem with you trying to profit in magic football from the accomplishments of an unremorseful sexual predator but I hope you show the same courtesy to those of us who choose not to try and profit in magic football from the accomplishments of an unremorseful sexual predator.

I have no problem with you trying to profit in magic football from the accomplishments of an unremorseful sexual predator but I hope you show the same courtesy to those of us who choose not to try and profit in magic football from the accomplishments of an unremorseful sexual predator.
Curious who you have at QB? I think Watson could be much better than Brady/Cousins...............if I had better options I wouldn't put a waiver claim in. I feel dirty.

Curious who you have at QB? I think Watson could be much better than Brady/Cousins...............if I had better options I wouldn't put a waiver claim in. I feel dirty.
I play in a super-flex league, so QBs have particular importance. Watson would most definitely be an upgrade over my current #2 QBs Goff and Dalton/Jameis.

Not buying, that's just my jam.

Any thoughts on Nick Westbrook-Ikhine? (Titans)

8/5/119/2 wk 10 highlights

He led the team for targets, tied for receptions, led yards and TDs.

Not much competition, although it was Burks' first week back and his role should increase.

He did look to get open easily and his first TD was a great catch and toe tap, the second TD was that 60 yard flea flicker which isn't going to happen every game.

Pretty sure @Bri is the resident Titans expert and said good things about him last season or maybe 2020. Should we be targeting NWI or is a he a 1 hit wonder?
He was a very ordinary ST guy that has really grown as a WR. He's super limited but is a try hard type.
I didn't add him.
Phillips should be back soon and that's three guys that'll be above him.
A lot of his production came off a flea flicker because in their normal offense WRs can't seem to get open.
Unless it's like deep roster/start many WR type leagues, I wouldn't bother.
It's worth a try if you can but...keep expectations low

Suspended players shouldn’t be allowed to be moved to IR slots lol
I agree
Would Statler and Waldorf cut me some slack?

You are making me feel better about just releasing him but I lost Kupp and with it, I'm only going to go so far
Christian Watson feels like the farm animals on Let's Make a Deal
I hope he can just be available the rest of the season

Well this one time, at band camp…

Tough call here. I think they are both legitimate possibilities for the Ghost of Drew Bennett award.

I like Watson a little bit more RoS but mostly because I think Toney has a slightly longer road to go down before he supplants Hardman &/or MVS &/or JuJu. However, judging by what Pacheco appears to be doing in the backfield, I do think he could legitimately work his way into the #1 WR role in KC. If there are injuries in front of him it could happen sooner but I think it could happen regardless. He has the draft pedigree, he seems to pass the eyeball test and the talent in front of him isn't incredibly daunting (although I am a bigger fan of JuJu than most).
haha - Drew Bennett was my early xmas present that end of season when he went absolutely nuts. good times!
Bennett was great till he wasn't. I rode him but he ran into a very good D team in FF playoffs. I think I was playing a Volek and Bennett stack to my great delight. But nothing lasts forever. A wiser man would have been more cautious, but it was hard to not play them in what was a bad matchup.

So how much FAAB are people dropping on Watson?

220, 221, whatever it takes.

Normally I would say keep your powder dry for that annual late season RB off the streets/backup who steps in for a stud who gets hurt. But not sure that will happen this year, at least not in my redraft. Maybe it's just my experience, IDK - FF is just way harder now than it was 5 or 10 years ago bc of the proliferation of information. Everyone knows about sleepers and lottery tickets, those guys have been stashed, dropped/added during bye weeks, just not was much on your average WW compared to 5 or 10 years ago.

ARod could go back to being the guy he's always been (was never better than QB through Week 9.) Having a deep threat could unlock a few things for their offense, Watson has on the of the best RAS of any wideout in the last decade.

Then again, inconsistent rookie who has struggled with drops and healthy. But despite that, GB tries to get him involved again every time he's on the field again.

I don't think he's worth an all-in bid, maybe 1/4 of your remaining FAAB. The question you have to ask is how many more chances will there be? Four Weeks left in the regular season, three in the playoffs - def would not want to have $0 for the last 6-7 weeks bc I overpaid chasing points.

Christian Watson bids in our league last night:
($100 budget)
  1. $38 (100% of remaining FAAB)
  2. $23 (42%)
  3. $21 (25%)
  4. $18 (100%)
  5. $3 (20%)

I will also hold a special place in my heart for Bennett and Patrick Jeffers...

I got Watson for my remaining $30 and nobody else bid on him. So apparently everybody thinks he's a fluke.

I think 2 TDs and 100 are fluky. I mean, that's Marquise Goodwin on a good day. Might seem silly but I put an extra emphasis on a guy who can score 3 on a good defense.

I wouldn't compare the Watson breakout with Tonyan, that game Adams was out (+ 1-2 other WRs iirc) AND Atlanta was playing 3rd string S - that was a textbook definition of fluke.

Thing about Christian Watson is he's a superior athlete. On other teams, in other situations, with other players, a rookie WR dropping passes or having multiple injuries would be a death knell. But Rodgers goes right back to him after drops. As soon as he's healthy, they want him involved.

Might not work out but the upside potential is there. I did the same thing as you, spent all my remaining FAAB.

@AlexCaruso

The only WR with a higher athletic score than Packers WR Christian Watson over the last 35 YEARS is Calvin Johnson

7:22 PM · Nov 13, 2022

So how much FAAB are people dropping on Watson?

220, 221, whatever it takes.

Normally I would say keep your powder dry for that annual late season RB off the streets/backup who steps in for a stud who gets hurt. But not sure that will happen this year, at least not in my redraft. Maybe it's just my experience, IDK - FF is just way harder now than it was 5 or 10 years ago bc of the proliferation of information. Everyone knows about sleepers and lottery tickets, those guys have been stashed, dropped/added during bye weeks, just not was much on your average WW compared to 5 or 10 years ago.

ARod could go back to being the guy he's always been (was never better than QB through Week 9.) Having a deep threat could unlock a few things for their offense, Watson has on the of the best RAS of any wideout in the last decade.

Then again, inconsistent rookie who has struggled with drops and healthy. But despite that, GB tries to get him involved again every time he's on the field again.

I don't think he's worth an all-in bid, maybe 1/4 of your remaining FAAB. The question you have to ask is how many more chances will there be? Four Weeks left in the regular season, three in the playoffs - def would not want to have $0 for the last 6-7 weeks bc I overpaid chasing points.

Christian Watson bids in our league last night:
($100 budget)
  1. $38 (100% of remaining FAAB)
  2. $23 (42%)
  3. $21 (25%)
  4. $18 (100%)
  5. $3 (20%)
Got him for free but had to drop Pickens. More proven QB pushed it

Regarding Watson, some may be worried about the comparison to MVS, who also had a high RAS score (9.27), but was very inconsistent. How much better is Watson than MVS? 2nd round vs 5th round means something.

Now I have no clue who to start with all my WW darlings. Watson, Toney, DPJ, Pickens all in the mix with DJ Moore & Palmer possibilities. To the chaka thread we go!

Christian Watson is still sitting on my WW after FAAB ran last night. I'd give him a stronger look, but we have a short bench (I am only carrying 5 WR/TE at the moment, along with 5 RB, 2 QB, 1 K and 1 DST). Chris Olave is on Bye Week 14 and so is Watson, so that would be no help to me in covering that week. Still giving it some thought.

Christian Watson is still sitting on my WW after FAAB ran last night. I'd give him a stronger look, but we have a short bench (I am only carrying 5 WR/TE at the moment, along with 5 RB, 2 QB, 1 K and 1 DST). Chris Olave is on Bye Week 14 and so is Watson, so that would be no help to me in covering that week. Still giving it some thought.
Who are your two QB?

Who are your two QB?
Tua and Fields

Who are your two QB?
Tua and Fields
Yeah I wouldn't drop them. Without looking at your roster it's hard to say but IMO Watson should definitely be added.

Who are your two QB?
Tua and Fields
Yeah I wouldn't drop them. Without looking at your roster it's hard to say but IMO Watson should definitely be added.
Full PPR - start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex

QB Tua Tagovailoa
QB Justin Fields - Bye week 14
RB Nick Chubb
RB Rhamondre Stevenson
RB Tony Pollard
RB Gus Edwards
RB Rachaad White
WR/TE CeeDee Lamb
WR/TE Chris Olave - Bye Week 14
WR/TE Tyler Boyd
WR/TE George Pickens
WR/TE Joshua Palmer - might drop him for Donovan Peoples-Jones with Deshaun Watson back soon
IR - Jameson Williams
IR - Cooper Kupp :cry:
DST - Ravens
K - Brett Maher

Who are your two QB?
Tua and Fields

QB Tua Tagovailoa
RB Nick Chubb
RB Rhamondre Stevenson
RB Tony Pollard
RB Gus Edwards
RB Rachaad White
WR/TE CeeDee Lamb
WR/TE Tyler Boyd
WR/TE George Pickens
WR/TE Joshua Palmer - might drop him for Donovan Peoples-Jones with Deshaun Watson back soon
IR - Jameson Williams
DST - Ravens
K - Brett Maher
Id drop Palmer. Or you can drop Maher for Watson now and wait to see if Allen/Williams are playing this week.

Watson is worth a dice roll, even if expensive. He had a rough start to the season, and a rough middle too given injuries. Goodwin? Come on. Goodwin never had 3 TDs in a game, never had a QB like Rodgers throwing to him, never had more than 3 TDs most of his seasons even. Not a good comp.

I think Rodgers has newfound confidence in Watson. I think Watson has newfound confidence in himself. That's worth the upside.

Rodgers may be happy spending the rest of the season working with Watson for next year. Watson will be WR1, just not sure when. My only worry is injury, particularly concussion.

FYI: Fournette is listed as "doubtful" in one of my leagues and therefore eligible for the IR spot. Not sure where they got that designation, but if you have him and can stash him on IR for a week, it could open up a spot for you to take a flyer on someone for free. Might lessen the pain of being wrong if it doesn't cost anything.

Who are your two QB?
Tua and Fields

QB Tua Tagovailoa
RB Nick Chubb
RB Rhamondre Stevenson
RB Tony Pollard
RB Gus Edwards
RB Rachaad White
WR/TE CeeDee Lamb
WR/TE Tyler Boyd
WR/TE George Pickens
IR - Jameson Williams
DST - Ravens
K - Brett Maher
Was wanting to see the rest of the roster to weigh in on this.
Heavy Kupp investor, I feel your pain
I like Watson's upside and the fact the Packers are still fringe WIldcard for the next several weeks.
Watson is rating Top 25 across the board from the 3 heads at CBS, not that those 3 are anything you hitch your wagons to but I always like to see where they slide in at over there.
What's Pickens doing for you? Gus Edwards? I can find room on that roster for Watson pretty easily.

Good luck

Last edited:

Then drew the big 0 or next to in the fantasy finals, I remember that well.

Who are your two QB?
Tua and Fields

QB Tua Tagovailoa
RB Nick Chubb
RB Rhamondre Stevenson
RB Tony Pollard
RB Gus Edwards
RB Rachaad White
WR/TE CeeDee Lamb
WR/TE Tyler Boyd
WR/TE George Pickens
IR - Jameson Williams
DST - Ravens
K - Brett Maher
I'd drop Palmer for Watson in a heartbeat. Watson's ceiling is sooooo much higher than Palmer's it's not even close.

Gotta get to the championship before you can win the championship.

Gotta get to the championship before you can win the championship.
For sure, guy was on fire then zip.

Who are your two QB?
Tua and Fields

QB Tua Tagovailoa
RB Nick Chubb
RB Rhamondre Stevenson
RB Tony Pollard
RB Gus Edwards
RB Rachaad White
WR/TE CeeDee Lamb
WR/TE Tyler Boyd
WR/TE George Pickens
IR - Jameson Williams
DST - Ravens
K - Brett Maher
I'd drop Palmer for Watson in a heartbeat. Watson's ceiling is sooooo much higher than Palmer's it's not even close.
For me the question isn't really Palmer vs Watson, it's Watson vs Donovan Peoples-Jones. DPJ has a different Watson showing up in week 13, and the hope is that launches DPJ to higher highs. Plus DPJ has already had his Bye, while Watson is on Bye Week 14, same as Olave, so no help to me with that particular problem.

Anyway, I did drop Palmer for DPJ. Watson is still out on the WW, as is Parris Campbell, who I would also be interested in due to his connection with Matt Ryan, except he also has a Bye in Week 14.

Who are your two QB?
Tua and Fields

QB Tua Tagovailoa
RB Nick Chubb
RB Rhamondre Stevenson
RB Tony Pollard
RB Gus Edwards
RB Rachaad White
WR/TE CeeDee Lamb
WR/TE Tyler Boyd
WR/TE George Pickens
IR - Jameson Williams
DST - Ravens
K - Brett Maher
Was wanting to see the rest of the roster to weigh in on this.
Heavy Kupp investor, I feel your pain
I like Watson's upside and the fact the Packers are still fringe WIldcard for the next several weeks.
Watson is rating Top 25 across the board from the 3 heads at CBS, not that those 3 are anything you hitch your wagons to but I always like to see where they slide in at over there.
What's Pickens doing for you? Gus Edwards? I can find room on that roster for Watson pretty easily.

Good luck
So my thoughts on all these guys

First, here are the upcoming schedules

RB Gus Edwards - Baltimore
11 - home vs Panthers
12 - at Jacksonville
13 - home vs Broncos
14 - at Steelers
15 - at Browns
16 - home vs Falcons
17 - home vs Steelers

WR - George Pickens - Pittsburgh
11 - home vs Bengals
12 - at Colts
13 - at Falcons
14 - home vs Ravens
15 - at Panthers
16 - home vs Raiders
17 - at Ravens

WR - Christian Watson - Green Bay
11 - home vs Titans
12 - at Eagles
13 - at Bears
14 - BYE
15 - home vs Rams
16 - at Dolphins
17 - home vs Vikings

WR - Parris Campbell - Indianapolis
11 - home vs Eagles
12 - home vs Steelers
13 - at Cowboys
14 - BYE
15 - at Vikings
16 - home vs Chargers
17 - at Giants

WR - Donovan Peoples-Jones - Cleveland
11 - at Bills - terrible weather game
12 - home vs Buccaneers
13 - at Texans - Deshaun Watson returns
14 - at Bengals
15 - home vs Ravens
16 - home vs Saints
17 - at Commanders

Gus Edwards has a very nice playoff schedule. I think he is the best complement to Lamar Jackson among the Ravens backfield. Mark Ingram was RB15 a few years ago with basically the same situation in Baltimore.

George Pickens appears to be the favored target for Pickett. I think he was a better prospect than Watson, and his ball skills are elite compared to Watson who is below average at best. Rodgers is a way better QB than Pickett, but I think Pickett is league average as he gains more experience. Part of the motivation in trading Claypool was the Steelers wanted to feature Pickens more. Once past week 12, Pickens schedule is very nice.

Christian Watson will be boom-bust. He has a BYE in Week 14, which is a problem for me, although I do like his playoff schedule. Plus Cobb is coming back, and the Packers (and maybe even Rodgers) are starting to realize they should be a run first team.

Parris Campbell has a nice rapport with Matt Ryan, and once past this week has a decent schedule. He also has a BYE in Week 14, which is a problem for me.

Donovan Peoples-Jones is a stash until Week 13 - then I am hopeful for a breakout down the stretch with Watson at QB - although who knows what Watson looks like after not playing an NFL game for almost 2 years.

Who will be the TE to own in Philly? That would help
Thx
No one.

Goedert himself only got 5.8 targets a game. Not like there is a lot to go around and no one is going to be "the guy" so it's going to be 3 TE's splitting up a small pie.

How would y’all rank Christian Watson, Peoples-Jones, and Slayton in full ppr? In that order? Or does DPJ get the slight nod bc of consistency and upside when he gets a better qb in December?
I'd rank 'em (according to upside):

-Watson (highest ceiling)
-DJP (maybe highest floor?)
-Slayton (not much competition, but historically has been inconsistent)
-Super comfortable leather chair Michael Keaton once sat in
I have DJP at the top because of the high floor.

I have Burrow and Fields. been keeping D.Watson in my I/R slot and...
Oh forget it, i''m just going to release Watson, can't really manufacture a quick trade
I have 2 players that jumped on Injured Reserve this week gotta make some roster adjustments, Hate to see someone else just pick him up but that's how it goes.

Christian Watson available, seems like the obvious move
wat

I have Burrow and Fields. been keeping D.Watson in my I/R slot and...
Oh forget it, i''m just going to release Watson, can't really manufacture a quick trade
I have 2 players that jumped on Injured Reserve this week gotta make some roster adjustments, Hate to see someone else just pick him up but that's how it goes.

Christian Watson available, seems like the obvious move
wat
It was news to me but somewhere they passed a rule, expanded I/R to include Suspensions so I simply took advantage of the rule
I cut him don't worry
Someone else will now follow my lead but I had to put Kupp in that spot

I hadn't realized how bad of a season Stafford was having until he was offered to me for basically nothing.

Anyone have confidence in a strong stretch run?

Users who are viewing this thread