What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weather in Green Bay Sunday.. (1 Viewer)

shelmark

Footballguy
Last Sunday was miserable in Green Bay but this week will be worse. No snow, but a HIGH temperature of 15 and winds 15 to 20 mph. This game starts at 3:00 so by half it will be dark. Good luck to all Favre, Leftwich owners. I have Jimmy Smith and not sure what I will do. MOST visitors to Lambeau do not have much luck in this weather.

Yeah noticed the wind possibility (can it actually be worse than last week :excited: )Have Smith and Driver with Chambers and Banch down in Miami on standby. Will be a game time decision

Oh Yea... The weather report last weekend scared me away from starting Driver. And he had a decent day! (Can't complain though, cause I started Bennett in his place! wish I'd have sat that useless Hines Ward instead)I'm leaving him in this week and taking my chances with the cold. And Ward is the one who sits!Question: Are there heaters under Lambeau?

Last edited by a moderator:
The weather will not affect Leftwich as he played in the MAC and used to those conditions. But those receivers?

and then Chad in Cinci. :cry:
:confused: Just wondering is the weather supposed to be bad in Cincy too? Just curious being I have Chad also. Thanks!
Rain / Snow ShowersDaytime High:40°FOvernight Low:27°FProbability of Precipitation: 30%Wind: From the Southwest at 11 mph

The high of 23 is OLD news...you need to check the local forecasts not weather channel...new models are much colder....so high of 15 by the way....

The weather will not affect Leftwich as he played in the MAC and used to those conditions. But those receivers?
If lefty i sused to those conditions that's great. Then I'm not too worried about Jimmy Smith, he's a vet and has been around a long time. He must be used to them too you would think. It's that unpredictable wind that can be a problem though.

Well, it's been windy all week. I don't think you'll get the 50-60mph gusts like last Sunday though. It'll be cold for certain. :cheese:

Milwaukee Fox news outlet is expecting sub-zero wind chill temps, and, no precipitation.
best avatar ever......really."i guess i picked the wrong week to quit playing fantasy football"

Oh Yea... The weather report last weekend scared me away from starting Driver. And he had a decent day! (Can't complain though, cause I started Bennett in his place! wish I'd have sat that useless Hines Ward instead)I'm leaving him in this week and taking my chances with the cold. And Ward is the one who sits!Question: Are there heaters under Lambeau?
If Plax is back, Ward might be a pretty good play against a weak Giants D.

Im going to the game... will be fun, cold, and should have some hot choclate handy. It will be fun.
Me too...should be good times. :thumbup:
Dont know where I will be sitting since they are not my tickets. All I know is I have to dress warm because the last cold weather game I was at was in 1996... the San Francisco playoff game where it rained, snowed and rained some more the whole game. That game was awesome. The other cold weather game I was at was in 1994... thank you Yancy Thigpen for dropping the ball. GDB living in Green Bay and not being able to go to at least one game a year... this is my one game this year though :thumbup: :thumbup:

I actually love what this means for the Jaguars - while I know Favre is better in cold weather than most QBs, Ahman's going to have to run the ball a lot. JAX has one of the best run Ds in the country. I think this bodes very well for the JAX D this weekend.

To answer an earlier question, Lambeau does indeed have heating coils under the turf, and the field is very well drained. It's been that way for decades.As to the weather, this is classic Brett Favre time. Division title in the balance, crappy cold weather, warm weather team coming in. There's a reason that GB has had the best December record in the NFL in the past few years - and it starts with Favre being one of the best cold weather QBs in the business.I like GB's chances to win this game going away a lot. Everything favors them - especially the bitter cold with a Florida team in town.

Pony Boy's got it. There are heating coils under the grass, and the whole middle section of sod was replaced a few weeks back.Also, last weekend's wind was much, much stronger than what they're saying for this weekend. 15-20 mph is doable. Last weekend there was 35mph sustained winds, with gusts to 50mph. I'm expecting this won't affect the game as much. Most people are probably scared off now, but I think the passing games will be OK.

Weather bad for Favre ...
link?
going on my eyes from last week (bad conditions) only when he threw for 25 yards in the first half and played so/so in the second half. Weather played a major factor IMOI escaped by the skin of my teeth last week - can't have a repeat this week or I'm out. Leaning toward Jake Del/Dunn over frozen tundra, Jax D and ice wind.

I actually love what this means for the Jaguars - while I know Favre is better in cold weather than most QBs, Ahman's going to have to run the ball a lot. JAX has one of the best run Ds in the country. I think this bodes very well for the JAX D this weekend.
Ahman is going off this weekend. Jax's run D is strong up the gut, but they can't contain the outside worth a damn. You'll see plenty of tosses, sweeps and off tackle plays called, and Stroud/Henderson will both be spectators.
:goodposting:

I've been watching Packer football since the '60's. Every year some southern team gets to come and enjoy the December ambiance Green Bay has to offer. Every year that team, its coaches, fans, and players, have it all figured out. They explain that their Q.B played for a northern college (as if Ann Arbor in mid november or some MAC school in late October is comparable to Green Bay in December) so they will be just fine. They say they play at least one such game every year so all their players are used to it. They explain they have the right clothing and equipment, have practiced in refrigerated conditions, etc. They have it figured out, after all their assistant defensive line coach played in Green Bay.News flash, they don't have it figured. Green Bay's record, even in the lean years, is unequaled when home in December. The cold makes cowards of strong-willed men. It saps strength, it crushes will, it destroys the best laid plans. It is something that can only be contended with by those who live it daily. There are reasons that only the Inuit go out onto the iceflows, that only Sherpas are truely qualified to lead teams up Everest, and that the Packers prevail on the frozen tundra soaked in the icey blood of Starr, Hornung, Nitschke, Hudson, "Blood" McNally, Wood, Davis, 'Mad Dog" Douglas, Reggie White, and Favre. The cold wakes the ghosts, it allows Lombardi's voice to echo still in the wind, it is the Packer's element and friend. It sounds like John Facenda and it looks like Jerry Kramer pawing the frost before snowplowing poor dumb Jethro Pugh into depression. The cold has crushed the spirits of Halas, Butkis, Sayers, and Ditka. It has disheartened Unitas, Landry, even Bud Grant. It has turned back The Doomsday Defense, the Fearsome Foursome, and the Purple People Eaters. It leaves survivors, not victors. It leaves victims more than losers. More than anything, it mocks the efforts of those who assume they have it figured out.One other thing it does. It wakens desire and steels the hearts of those who embrace it by living there. The cold takes sides. It has favorite teams in Buffalo, Cleveland, Philadelphia, and elsewhere, but its favorite team, the one it always helps, is the Green Bay Packers.Welcome Jacksonville. Is it cold enough for ya?

When I originally posted this my concern was more for the COLD than it was the wind. While many of you point out that the wind was much worse last week you need to be reminded that it was above freezing temperatures last week. It was cold but bearable. The Temperature at game-time Sunday will be around 12-15...with windchills well below Zero. I really believe that whatever Jax might say or try to do their receivers are really going to struggle. I would not be scared off of Fred Taylor if he is clearly your #2 running back. But if you have a tough choice on Sunday you might consider the weather. I would never sit a Favre in favor of a McCown in this situation but I thought we should have all available information in making out decisions.

Better for the Packer D :yes:

Just how many games do you think Leftwich played in the cold in the MAC?It doesn't get as cold in October and November in the MAC area as it does in Green Bay in December.

I've been watching Packer football since the '60's. Every year some southern team gets to come and enjoy the December ambiance Green Bay has to offer. Every year that team, its coaches, fans, and players, have it all figured out. They explain that their Q.B played for a northern college (as if Ann Arbor in mid november or some MAC school in late October is comparable to Green Bay in December) so they will be just fine. They say they play at least one such game every year so all their players are used to it. They explain they have the right clothing and equipment, have practiced in refrigerated conditions, etc. They have it figured out, after all their assistant defensive line coach played in Green Bay.News flash, they don't have it figured. Green Bay's record, even in the lean years, is unequaled when home in December. The cold makes cowards of strong-willed men. It saps strength, it crushes will, it destroys the best laid plans. It is something that can only be contended with by those who live it daily. There are reasons that only the Inuit go out onto the iceflows, that only Sherpas are truely qualified to lead teams up Everest, and that the Packers prevail on the frozen tundra soaked in the icey blood of Starr, Hornung, Nitschke, Hudson, "Blood" McNally, Wood, Davis, 'Mad Dog" Douglas, Reggie White, and Favre. The cold wakes the ghosts, it allows Lombardi's voice to echo still in the wind, it is the Packer's element and friend. It sounds like John Facenda and it looks Jerry Kramer pawing the frost before snowplowing poor dumb Jethro Pugh into depression. The cold has crushed the spirits of Halas, Butkis, Sayers, and Ditka. It has disheartened Unitas, Landry, even Bud Grant. It has turned back The Doomsday Defense, the Fearsome Foursome, and the Purple People Eaters. It leaves survivors, not victors. It leaves victims more than losers. More than anything, it mocks the efforts of those who assume they have it figured out.One other thing it does. It wakens desire and steels the hearts of those who embrace it by living there. The cold takes sides. It has favorite teams in Buffalo, Cleveland, Philadelphia, and elsewhere, but its favorite team, the one it always helps, is the Green Bay Packers.Welcome Jacksonville. Is it cold enough for ya?
:thumbup: I really enjoyed reading that.

Brett Favre, games in GB during the last 4 games of the season, career:23-2 (Only losses vs MIN in 1993 and vs CAR in 1999)averaging 19/31, 215 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT passing

News flash, they don't have it figured. Green Bay's record, even in the lean years, is unequaled when home in December. The cold makes cowards of strong-willed men. It saps strength, it crushes will, it destroys the best laid plans. It is something that can only be contended with by those who live it daily. There are reasons that only the Inuit go out onto the iceflows, that only Sherpas are truely qualified to lead teams up Everest, and that the Packers prevail on the frozen tundra soaked in the icey blood of Starr, Hornung, Nitschke, Hudson, "Blood" McNally, Wood, Davis, 'Mad Dog" Douglas, Reggie White, and Favre. The cold wakes the ghosts, it allows Lombardi's voice to echo still in the wind, it is the Packer's element and friend. It sounds like John Facenda and it looks Jerry Kramer pawing the frost before snowplowing poor dumb Jethro Pugh into depression. The cold has crushed the spirits of Halas, Butkis, Sayers, and Ditka. It has disheartened Unitas, Landry, even Bud Grant. It has turned back The Doomsday Defense, the Fearsome Foursome, and the Purple People Eaters. It leaves survivors, not victors. It leaves victims more than losers. More than anything, it mocks the efforts of those who assume they have it figured out.One other thing it does. It wakens desire and steels the hearts of those who embrace it by living there. The cold takes sides. It has favorite teams in Buffalo, Cleveland, Philadelphia, and elsewhere, but its favorite team, the one it always helps, is the Green Bay Packers.
Poetry. A true masterpiece. :cry:

yup...8 degrees..I saw the same thing...I think I might sit Jimmy Smith as I have to believe the Jags are gonna be absolutely shellshocked when they hit Lambeau. Unless you have experienced 8 degrees I don't think you can truly understand it. Winds are still projected between 15 to 25 mph...if it is 8 degrees with a 25 mph wind the wind chill will be a -13.

I've been watching Packer football since the '60's. Every year some southern team gets to come and enjoy the December ambiance Green Bay has to offer. Every year that team, its coaches, fans, and players, have it all figured out. They explain that their Q.B played for a northern college (as if Ann Arbor in mid november or some MAC school in late October is comparable to Green Bay in December) so they will be just fine. They say they play at least one such game every year so all their players are used to it. They explain they have the right clothing and equipment, have practiced in refrigerated conditions, etc. They have it figured out, after all their assistant defensive line coach played in Green Bay.News flash, they don't have it figured. Green Bay's record, even in the lean years, is unequaled when home in December. The cold makes cowards of strong-willed men. It saps strength, it crushes will, it destroys the best laid plans. It is something that can only be contended with by those who live it daily. There are reasons that only the Inuit go out onto the iceflows, that only Sherpas are truely qualified to lead teams up Everest, and that the Packers prevail on the frozen tundra soaked in the icey blood of Starr, Hornung, Nitschke, Hudson, "Blood" McNally, Wood, Davis, 'Mad Dog" Douglas, Reggie White, and Favre. The cold wakes the ghosts, it allows Lombardi's voice to echo still in the wind, it is the Packer's element and friend. It sounds like John Facenda and it looks like Jerry Kramer pawing the frost before snowplowing poor dumb Jethro Pugh into depression. The cold has crushed the spirits of Halas, Butkis, Sayers, and Ditka. It has disheartened Unitas, Landry, even Bud Grant. It has turned back The Doomsday Defense, the Fearsome Foursome, and the Purple People Eaters. It leaves survivors, not victors. It leaves victims more than losers. More than anything, it mocks the efforts of those who assume they have it figured out.One other thing it does. It wakens desire and steels the hearts of those who embrace it by living there. The cold takes sides. It has favorite teams in Buffalo, Cleveland, Philadelphia, and elsewhere, but its favorite team, the one it always helps, is the Green Bay Packers.Welcome Jacksonville. Is it cold enough for ya?
Very well writtenI woud make this my sig, if it wasn't so long.............Hell I 'm doing it :D :yes:At least for this week :P

yup...8 degrees..I saw the same thing...I think I might sit Jimmy Smith as I have to believe the Jags are gonna be absolutely shellshocked when they hit Lambeau. Unless you have experienced 8 degrees I don't think you can truly understand it. Winds are still projected between 15 to 25 mph...if it is 8 degrees with a 25 mph wind the wind chill will be a -13.
This game is going to be a blast going too :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'd like to see a study of cold weather teams & what they did in the passing game the last 4 games of each season compared to the other 12 games. Maybe go back 10 years or so. I think it would be interesting to see the results.

Ahman is going off this weekend. Jax's run D is strong up the gut, but they can't contain the outside worth a damn. You'll see plenty of tosses, sweeps and off tackle plays called, and Stroud/Henderson will both be spectators.
Umm... okay. I guess we'll have to see about that.

This game is going to be a blast going too :thumbup: :thumbup:
I've been thinking all week about getting some tickets and going. There's quite a few on Ebay that aren't too expensive.This is what Green Bay football is all about! :thumbup:

I've been watching Packer football since the '60's. Every year some southern team gets to come and enjoy the December ambiance Green Bay has to offer. Every year that team, its coaches, fans, and players, have it all figured out. They explain that their Q.B played for a northern college (as if Ann Arbor in mid november or some MAC school in late October is comparable to Green Bay in December) so they will be just fine. They say they play at least one such game every year so all their players are used to it. They explain they have the right clothing and equipment, have practiced in refrigerated conditions, etc. They have it figured out, after all their assistant defensive line coach played in Green Bay.News flash, they don't have it figured. Green Bay's record, even in the lean years, is unequaled when home in December. The cold makes cowards of strong-willed men. It saps strength, it crushes will, it destroys the best laid plans. It is something that can only be contended with by those who live it daily. There are reasons that only the Inuit go out onto the iceflows, that only Sherpas are truely qualified to lead teams up Everest, and that the Packers prevail on the frozen tundra soaked in the icey blood of Starr, Hornung, Nitschke, Hudson, "Blood" McNally, Wood, Davis, 'Mad Dog" Douglas, Reggie White, and Favre. The cold wakes the ghosts, it allows Lombardi's voice to echo still in the wind, it is the Packer's element and friend. It sounds like John Facenda and it looks Jerry Kramer pawing the frost before snowplowing poor dumb Jethro Pugh into depression. The cold has crushed the spirits of Halas, Butkis, Sayers, and Ditka. It has disheartened Unitas, Landry, even Bud Grant. It has turned back The Doomsday Defense, the Fearsome Foursome, and the Purple People Eaters. It leaves survivors, not victors. It leaves victims more than losers. More than anything, it mocks the efforts of those who assume they have it figured out.One other thing it does. It wakens desire and steels the hearts of those who embrace it by living there. The cold takes sides. It has favorite teams in Buffalo, Cleveland, Philadelphia, and elsewhere, but its favorite team, the one it always helps, is the Green Bay Packers.Welcome Jacksonville. Is it cold enough for ya?
:thumbup: I really enjoyed reading that.
You need John Facenda to recite it,"on the frozen tundra, etc.

Seems to be some conflicting weather reports (what a surprise). Now I'm seeing a high of 38.

Seems to be some conflicting weather reports (what a surprise). Now I'm seeing a high of 38.
I guess the best thing to do is check as late as you can before lineups are due. What site do you find reliable for weather? Weather.com still sais 13 degrees, wind, chance of snow. If high is 13, it is likely colder earlier in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread