What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 09 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Thanks Chaka and anyone else who takes the time to review and comment!

Not so much a "who do I start" but rather "who do I drop"?

Full PPR

Dallas is on a bye this week and I need to stream a DEF for one week. As I started to write this, my intent was to keep them for the rest of the year since they've been pretty solid so far. Or do I just drop them and pick up either NO, IND or MIA as each has a higher "rest of the year" grade than Dallas.

Assuming I keep the Dallas DEF, who should I drop from my bench?

Courtland Sutton
Rondale Moore
Derek Carr

Carr is my backup QB for week 13 when Murray is on a bye. Assuming someone picks him up, I'm looking at Justin Fields (WW is pretty thin at QB) as my bye week streamer when he plays GB.

I've held onto Moore waiting for his breakout into an every week starter. He's averaging about 7 targets, 50 yards and 11 points per game. Fair numbers but he's been on my bench every game so far. Time to cut bait?

And then there's Sutton. He's been in my starting lineup each week except week 8. His PPG have steadily declined and unless Russel Wilson suddenly turns it around, I'm leery of letting him get off the bench again.

Appreciate any and all opinions!
I view DST as a weekly thing, not Rest of Year thing, so I wouldn't rely on that grade so much. Who is each team playing in Week 10? Plus all 3 teams you mention still have their Bye week coming up. I'd be inclined to keep Dallas (although I have not viewed their schedule). I did that this year with Philadelphia myself, and I never ever carry 2 defenses.

I think there is a good chance that Carr is still available next week for you to pick him up again, so if you just do a one week rental for DST this week and drop them next week you'd probably be good. Although I like Fields A LOT for weeks 10 and 11, so you might want to pick him up any way.

Due to Bye apocalypse I did drop both Sutton and Pickens this week. I am very confident that both will be available for pickup next week, and I don't think I'll have to pay much in FAAB for either, especially for Sutton, who I think I can get for a minimum bid. Most people have recentcy bias, and Denver has looked bad and Sutton has looked bad, and nothing will change this weekend to make Sutton look better. I will be absolutely shocked if any of my league mates bid on him this week. But your league might be completely different.

A conundrum. FFPC scoring.
Need TWO of the following and ONE must be a TE:

I.Likely @ N.O.
M.Gesicki @ Chi
J.Johnson vs Balt
E.Benjamin vs Sea
H.Renfro @ Jax
M.Jone vs LAV
With Andrews now listed as Doubtful after 3 straight DNP I'd be very eager to start Likely - although the Saints are the toughest matchup for TE based on SOS.

Gesicki could be attractive now that the Bears have traded away 2 big pieces on Defense. Although I could see the Dolphins running a lot this week, precisely because of those 2 trades.

I also like Benjamin, and would love him if Conner is out.

Mixon, Patterson or Evans? Mixon has been meh all season and Evans was questionable beginning of the week and who knows about Patterson right now. Also have DJ Moore

Other starters: Cousins, Stevenson, Diggs, Higgins, DHop

start 1RB, 3Recs, 1 flex
1Pt PPR

Last edited:
Mixon, Patterson or Evans? Mixon has been meh all season and Evans was questionable beginning of the week and who knows about Patterson right now. Also have DJ Moore

Carolina is playing the Bengals, with starting NCB Mike Hilton and starting CB Awuzie both out. Carolina's pass D isn't very good by DVOA, so Cincy might actually be able to put up some points. It could turn into a shootout. Wouldn't be surprised in PJ Walker threw the ball 30+ times again.

Chaka -- if you don't mind, I have more of a trade question this week --

In standard league, I'm in need of a WR2 -- I have Kupp, ----------> then next is Sutton, then B. Cooks --I did just pick up Doubs today but want to make a move for a more reliant WR1/2.

We start 1 RB and mine are : Swift, Foreman, Stevenson, Pollard, Benjamin, and on IR Cordarrelle and Kryen Williams. I have 2 flex spots to use my RB's but the WR2 is still weak.

Offered Pollard and Eno (he also has Conner) to the Waddle owner --but no bite

Other potential owner has WR's : Diggs, Chase, Dj Moore, R. Moore and Mooney and RB's Gibson and Drake

Do you see anything there that might have potential ? Maybe Chase owner would bite with him out for a few more weeks?
Even with an injury I doubt the Chase owner would bite, and even if he did you don't see RoI for a couple weeks and you don't know what you have for at least a week after that. But, I get that and it doesn't hurt to ask.

DJ Moore is an interesting possibility and you may want to try and get him now as his price is rising. It's a bigger gamble obviously, and I hate giving up Pollard but, I guess you can withstand it (as long as Swift is healthy), but we know DJ can play at a high level and his price is probably as low as it's going to get.
Chaka -- still think this is a decent trade? Pollard for DJ Moore? For RB -- I have (Pollard), Swift, Stevenson, Foreman, Cordarelle, Eno, Kyren (IR) --

start 1RB, 3Recs, 1 flex
1Pt PPR
This is a tough call but I think I like Evans here. He's gotten monster volume the past two weeks and showed how quickly he can make big plays. That seems like enough reason to give him a good look this week.

But it's not that I love Evans, I like him a lot, but also that I don't really have much confidence in Mixon. I have no idea what's wrong there, but something is definitely wrong. Even in what should be a plus matchup it's difficult to get excited about him at this point. But the opportunity is there to turn it around so, can't blame you if you go that way.

I like Patterson and love his matchup, I am just typically risk averse to players coming off injury after a few weeks. But I do think Cordarrelle is a big part of the offense, even if I also believe Huntley and Allgeier will spell him more, and he seems to have a nose for the end zone.

Evans>Patterson>Mixon

Chaka -- if you don't mind, I have more of a trade question this week --

In standard league, I'm in need of a WR2 -- I have Kupp, ----------> then next is Sutton, then B. Cooks --I did just pick up Doubs today but want to make a move for a more reliant WR1/2.

We start 1 RB and mine are : Swift, Foreman, Stevenson, Pollard, Benjamin, and on IR Cordarrelle and Kryen Williams. I have 2 flex spots to use my RB's but the WR2 is still weak.

Offered Pollard and Eno (he also has Conner) to the Waddle owner --but no bite

Other potential owner has WR's : Diggs, Chase, Dj Moore, R. Moore and Mooney and RB's Gibson and Drake

Do you see anything there that might have potential ? Maybe Chase owner would bite with him out for a few more weeks?
Even with an injury I doubt the Chase owner would bite, and even if he did you don't see RoI for a couple weeks and you don't know what you have for at least a week after that. But, I get that and it doesn't hurt to ask.

DJ Moore is an interesting possibility and you may want to try and get him now as his price is rising. It's a bigger gamble obviously, and I hate giving up Pollard but, I guess you can withstand it (as long as Swift is healthy), but we know DJ can play at a high level and his price is probably as low as it's going to get.
Chaka -- still think this is a decent trade? Pollard for DJ Moore? For RB -- I have (Pollard), Swift, Stevenson, Foreman, Cordarelle, Eno, Kyren (IR) --
I'd like it more if you could convince them to take Eno for DJ, that's for sure. I like Pollard and also think Cordarrelle will be a nice boost for you. Eno seems expendable on your roster and, depending on how your trade partner's roster is built I have to imagine he would like to cover Conner with a nice player like Eno.

Pollard for DJ would probably be fair so long as Zeke is healthy but, after Pollard's performance last week I would hate to give him up. DJ is getting looks for sure but last week plays out a lot differently but for that last second miracle. 6-152-1 is amazing but 5-90-0, while also super nice just doesn't feel the same. I think Carolina is being held together by a very loose thread ATM and, even with heavy utilization I wonder how many more performances like that are in the tank.

Still, with Patterson coming back I think you can probably withstand the loss of Pollard if you feel you really need the extra WR.

0.5 PPR. James Robinson or Nyhiem Hines?
I don't love Hines but he is interesting. Bottom line is Robinson was added to the injury report yesterday with a knee. He has also been declining since his hot start and the Jets look like a mess...and they are playing the Bills.

Hines>>Robinson

Need 2 PPR flex

Cordell Patterson vs LAC
Gibson vs Min
Lockett vs Ariz?
Really interesting options.

I definitely like Patterson as he is such a big part of the offense and seems to have a nose for the end zone. I think Huntley & Allgeier will take some reps but Patterson has proven too valuable to not be the main guy in ATL. He has a plus matchup against a hobbled Charger team too. If he wasn't fresh off injury, he would be an easy start here. As it is he's a good option.

I do like the way Gibson is being used since Heinicke has take over, he seems to have pushed McKissic to the side as a receiving back and is also getting decent looks carrying the ball. It's a good matchup too, even if it turns into a track meet he should still be on the field a lot. I do worry about consistency, though and think he has the lowest floor of your options, and maybe not their ceiling either.

What's not to love about Lockett? Arizona is bad against the pass and is one of the worst scoring defenses in the league. Geno has been accurate as #### and it is time to accept that as reality instead of an aberration. Lockett may only get 8 or so looks a game but he's catching 75% of his passes. He was a hairs breadth away from a 3 TD game last week too. It's on the road but he's actually been a monster on the road this season. I know we are all waiting for the wheels to fall off in Seattle but, at this point, I don't think you can bench Lockett for either of your other options.

It may not play out this way but, IMO, this is the right call:
Lockett>Patterson>Gibson

Need 2 PPR flex

Cordell Patterson vs LAC
Gibson vs Min
Lockett vs Ariz?

I definitely like Patterson as he is such a big part of the offense and seems to have a nose for the end zone. I think Huntley & Allgeier will take some reps but Patterson has proven too valuable to not be the main guy in ATL. He has a plus matchup against a hobbled Charger team too. If he wasn't fresh off injury, he would be an easy start here. As it is he's a good option.

I do like the way Gibson is being used since Heinicke has take over, he seems to have pushed McKissic to the side as a receiving back and is also getting decent looks carrying the ball. It's a good matchup too, even if it turns into a track meet he should still be on the field a lot. I do worry about consistency, though and think he has the lowest floor of your options, and maybe not their ceiling either.

What's not to love about Lockett? Arizona is bad against the pass and is one of the worst scoring defenses in the league. Geno has been accurate as #### and it is time to accept that as reality instead of an aberration. Lockett may only get 8 or so looks a game but he's catching 75% of his passes. He was a hairs breadth away from a 3 TD game last week too. It's on the road but he's actually been a monster on the road this season. I know we are all waiting for the wheels to fall off in Seattle but, at this point, I don't think you can bench Lockett for either of your other options.

Lockett>Patterson>Gibson
I Have Swift and Jamall williams as well. presently have swift in as my RB1

Need 2 PPR flex

Cordell Patterson vs LAC
Gibson vs Min
Lockett vs Ariz?

Lockett>Patterson>Gibson
I Have Swift and Jamall williams as well. presently have swift in as my RB1
Personally I have been rolling with both Swift & Jamaal when the Lions are at home. That backfield is producing equivalent to two top 8 backs in my league (PPR). But with a guy like Lockett as an option I can easily see sticking with Lockett.

A late one. FFPC scoring. A final flex needed:

J.Williams vs GB
C.Kirk vs LAV
Kirk has a great matchup. The Raiders defense is bad and they don't really get after the QB, unless Maxx has a monster. I don't like that his targets have been so inconsistent over the last four games but he does have 10 target upside (7 is, hopefully, the baseline). I just wish he felt as reliable as he did over the first four games when he was an auto-start. He no longer is.

Jamaal gets around 16 touches/game and 75 yards, but that could be closer to 12 with Swift in the lineup. The RBs in Detroit average about 28 ppg combined and, both Swift & Jamaal have been top 10 backs (ppg) this season. At home it is very difficult to bench either of them, IMO.

It's a tough call as I think Kirk may have a higher ceiling but:
Jamaal>Kirk

start 1RB, 3Recs, 1 flex
1Pt PPR

Seems like a Mixon / Evans coin flip

Take out a coin

Designate the heads as Mixon, the tails as Evans

Flip it as high as you can without hitting the ceiling

As the coin is airborne, notice if you are rooting for it to be heads or tails

Forget the actual coin flip result, that’s the guy you start

start 1RB, 3Recs, 1 flex
1Pt PPR

Seems like a Mixon / Evans coin flip

Take out a coin

Designate the heads as Mixon, the tails as Evans

Flip it as high as you can without hitting the ceiling

As the coin is airborne, notice if you are rooting for it to be heads or tails

Forget the actual coin flip result, that’s the guy you start
Mixon has a good matchup on paper, which means nothing because he's done nothing. But he's gotta break out sometime doesn't he?
Evans probably matching up with Ramsey, a matchup which he has struggled with previously. LA Rams do have a decent pass defense .However, I do see him with good matchup ratings on other fantasy sites, actually better than Mixon.

Tough call, that's why I'm here.

BTW...and more importantly, am I supposed to use a wheat penny for the flip gb? (y)

Last edited:
RB2 position, PPR:

AJ Dillon against DET 30th ranked run defense

or

Khalil Herbert vs MIA 23rd ranked run defense

Have Herbert in right now and I know he's probably the safer floor play, but this feels like a potential 2 TD opportunity game for Dillon.

Guillotine League in the final 3 weeks, so annoying one but $$ on the line so asking.

Full PPR
Need to start 2 of Jacobs, Ramondre Stevenson, Dalvin Cook.
Lean Towards Jacos/Stevenson

Mostert or Likely?
1/2 point ppr for rbs, 1 point ppr for te.
6 point tds for rbs, 8 point tds for tes
I think I roll the dice on Likely because both Gus & Andrews are doubtful to play. The Ravens passing game rolls through the TE position and that was before Rashod Bateman went on IR. Mostert is a fine player and, probably, can still break off long TDs but I think Likely has a better ceiling:floor ration

Likely>Mostert

RB2 position, PPR:

or

Have Herbert in right now and I know he's probably the safer floor play, but this feels like a potential 2 TD opportunity game for Dillon.
That is my thinking as well, additionally with the PPR I think that favors Dillon too, despite a bad year he is a better receiver than Herbert (ATM).

It's a big risk and Herbert is clearly the better runner but I think I roll the dice on:
Dillon>Herbert

PPR

NEED 2

Swift vs GB
Cordell Patterson vs LAC
Jamaal williams vs GB
Gibson vs Min ?
I'm rolling both Swift & Jamaal personally (over Herbert, Deon & Drake), I have mentioned this several times in this thread (which all but guarantees today to go counter-trend), but the Jamaal/Swift combo produces about 28 ppg at home (PPR). That makes each somewhere in the neighborhood of RB#8 in that format.

Patterson, I love and has a great matchup but maybe Allgeier & Huntley have earned some more reps and maybe coming off injury isn't ideal.

Gibson seems very nice in PPR all of a sudden, and should have a safe floor but I am still not 100% sold there.

Swift>Jamaal>Patterson>Gibson

Guillotine League in the final 3 weeks, so annoying one but $$ on the line so asking.

Full PPR
Definitely Rhamondre with the news that Harris is out.

Much tougher between Jacobs & Dalvin it is much less clear. They are both having great years and there isn't much to distinguish them apart. I think the Raiders are going to get back to riding Jacobs as he is their best pathway to victory, the Vikings are more versatile on offense. For that reason and that reason alone (i.e. go with your gut):

Rhamondre>Jacobs>Dalvin

Full PPR

Much tougher between Jacobs & Dalvin it is much less clear. They are both having great years and there isn't much to distinguish them apart. I think the Raiders are going to get back to riding Jacobs as he is their best pathway to victory, the Vikings are more versatile on offense. For that reason and that reason alone (i.e. go with your gut):

Rhamondre>Jacobs>Dalvin
Just realized, I've got Higgins in the 2nd flex.

Can go with Dalvin over Higgins in the 2nd Flex. Feels like Higgins is primed for a huge game against Atlanta though.

Full PPR

Rhamondre>Jacobs>Dalvin
Just realized, I've got Higgins in the 2nd flex.

Can go with Dalvin over Higgins in the 2nd Flex. Feels like Higgins is primed for a huge game against Atlanta though.
Carolina not Atlanta and , yes I can see that. However Dalvin gets 20 opportunities per game and has scored in 4 of 7. I'm all for capturing a huge Higgins game but, so far he's been a bit above average and that's it. It's not like Dalvin doesn't have 200 yard, 3 TD upside and I think he has a safer floor too.

Dalvin>Higgins

Full PPR
All pretty close but I agree. Cook has a higher floor than Jacobs if you are a big favorite.

RB2 position, PPR:

or

I'd give the nod to Herbert but it is close.

Need 2 of
Rondale Moore vs Seattle
Mooney vs Miami
MVS vs Ten

HPPR
Thanks!
Oooooofff...

So difficult to distinguish between any of these guys. I'm actually inclined to lean Mooney because Fields is playing much better and Mooney has made some big plays downfield pretty regularly. He's only averaging 4 receptions over his last 5 games but it's for 67 yards (16 y/r). So he just seems close to housing a big one.

Moore is most likely of this bunch to see 8 targets but he's far less likely to house one. Possibly a safer floor but, I'm not sure sure and I question his upside (80 yards & a TD?).

MVS is a complete unknown and certainly has deep ball ability but his floor is literally zero and this looks like a game the Chiefs are going to control. Probably put up a good amount of points, which makes MVS a consideration but, he really hasn't done anything to indicate he anything more that a hope & a prayer.

Mooney>Moore>MVS

Need to start 1 WR and 1 Flex out of Robinson, Drake, Claypool, and Lazard. 16 team PPR

Going with Drake and Lazard (coin flip over Claypool)

Need to start 1 WR and 1 Flex out of Robinson, Drake, Claypool, and Lazard. 16 team PPR

Going with Drake and Lazard (coin flip over Claypool)
Regardless, IMO your WR is Lazard. He is playing, it's at Detroit, he has been Rodgers #1 target near the goal line and he is capitalizing on that status.

For the other I have to agree with Drake, it's not ideal but I don't really like either Robinson and feel we should give Claypool a week to get acclimated. Plus it's a very low volume passing game to begin with.

Better outlook ROS

Shakir or J Warren

No real need at either WR or RB - just looking for the boom
Uhhhh...Warren probably. The Bills just got another good pass catching option in Hines for a very limited amount of targets.

Flex - Pacheco or eno benjamin ... PPR
Such a difficult call without knowing both Tannehill's and Conner's status.

Eno is probably the safe call, but I see a Chiefs romp today (watch Tennessee win now) and the possibility of Pacheco getting increased opportunities.

Celing v floor, it's all about your risk tolerance.

I might go for the home run, but it's ultimately a WAG:
Pacheco>Eno

Users who are viewing this thread