What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1, 09/08/22 Thursday Night Football: Let's Get This Party Started! Buffalo at LA Rams (+2.5) (52) (1 Viewer)

Bills -2.5 road fave opening night when SB champs raise the banner? kinda weird,
Rams will put up points, game plan I would believe the Rams will employ is to run the living crap out of the ball, keep Josh Allen on the sidelines. Cam isn't ready I'd bet they're going to lean on DH tonight - he's top 10% in pass protection. he's never coming off the field if/when Bills get a decent lead. and if Bills smoke them, DH will get plenty of garbage time pts.
Stafford hasn't played in a meaningful series all preseason, I'll bet there's rust and he'll be off even just a bit. Bills defense might be a good play here.

OK, fellas, here's the question:

No Van Jefferson tonight, and likely for quite a bit. Who picks up the slack in his absence, especially tonight?

As a typical footballguy, I'm in a boatload of Leagues, with a boatload of Teams, but on one that's very special and important to me, my WR group is in a pickle. 12-Team League with a 22 Rd Draft, no PK or D/ST and drafted in July. One can imagine how barren the WW is.

Which Rams WR picks up the slack in Van Jefferson's absence?

A: Ben Skowronek
B: Tutu Atwell
C: Lance McCutcheon
D: Brandon Powell
Higbee

Van Jefferson-Out/Inactive and my first thought is more targets for Kupp, ARob3 and Higbee might find a couple more targets tonight if things get heated up,

Not really thinking about the 3rd WR out there tonight as a factor. Bills down their top DB, is that right?

And, as always, the NFL gives us a pop star that is too horrendous for words.

J. Baldin or Baldwin or something like that. I've heard of him, but never had the pleasure his oeuvre brings to the table.

Awesome!

My prediction is lower scoring, think the Defenses will show up and the skill players will see things for the first time and have to make adjustments.
Turnovers with playmakers on both sides and Von Miller now with the Bills....20-17, 24-21 and I do like the Rams tonight, Sean McVay is 5-0 in season openers, he'll try to make that 6-0 tonight at home which has to help. Last time they walked off SoFi they were World Champions, tonight they take the field as Reigning Super Bowl Champions.

Rams 24...Buffalo 21 as the Defenses hold their own and at least slow down both Offenses for stretches during the game.

This guy has had his name float around in serious circles as a politician (The Rock). Truly a step towards Idiocracy.

This guy has had his name float around in serious circles as a politician (The Rock). Truly a step towards Idiocracy.
Arnold was the governor. Not sure its much different. They both just play action heroes. We as a populace maybe aren't good at picking leaders.

Damn the Rock has big arms.
Also 6'5". In his time at the U, he was a good dude off the field but played behind some great players on the field. From wiki:

>>Johnson also was one of the University of Miami's most prolific student speakers in the Miami-area community, frequently delivering positive messages about his own struggles and encouraging them to remain in school and avoid the dangers of drug use.<<

Users who are viewing this thread