What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 Questions For Bloom (1 Viewer)

Best bench stash: Clement, Ekeler,Tolbert, or Payton Barber?

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR Flex, need 1?

Tough gauging floor & ceiling on these players for me.  

Abdullah

Burkhead

Lewis

Thanks again Sig.  Love that you do this each week.

The Alfred Morris owner dropped him during this weeks waiver wire run.  I grabbed Rod Smith 2 weeks ago.  Morris comes off waivers tomorrow.  I have a #3 claim in on him essentially swapping Smith for Morris.  Who would you rather have?  League is .5 PPR and my RBs are less than stellar.

McKinnon, Powell, James White, Dion Lewis, Derick Henry,and Rod Smith.

Swap Smith for Morris, Swap someone else for Morris, or stand pat?

Thanks again.

Thanks Sig,

FFPC scoring:

Need 1 of the following:

D.Brees @ Buff

B.Rothlisbereger @ Ind

Need 1 of the following:

E.Sanders vs NE

E.Dickson vs Mia

Ri. Matthews vs Cinn

Need 2 of the following:

M.Sanu vs Dall

D.Funchess vs Mia

R.Woods vs Hou

Need 2 of the following:

J.Mixon @ Tenn

D.Jackson vs NYJ

M.Sanu vs Dall

R.Woods vs Hou

C.Thompson vs Minn

Need 2 in PPR: R. Burkhead, S. Watkins, D. Booker, D. Martin, C. Davis, M. Bryant, L. Murray, C. Clay

Hi Sig,

Thanks for this. Two questions for you:

1. In PPR, would you start both Kelvin and Corey Davis over a gimpy Dez (if he plays)?

2. For a speculative upside add in PPR, who would you pick up from Martavis, Dion Lewis, or Doctson? I don’t need any to perform now, but looking for late season blow up potential.

thanks again!

dr

In std scoring leagues, who are some guys at ea position in the QB1/2, RB2/WR2/flex range, and D/ST's, you want to have on your team for the run to the playoffs & wk 15 & 16?

Sir Sigmund,

PPR, I heard you guys say Martin was droppable but I’m not sure I’m ready to do that. Maybe more run heavy without Winston? I realize that with bad game scripts and very little receiving action, Martin could easily be a bust. 

RBs - Gordon, Hyde, Lynch, Woodhead, Cohen, Martin

WRs - Dez, Thielen, Parker, Funchess, Corey Davis

Would you drop Cohen or Martin for Booker, Dion Lewis, Corey Coleman, Westbrook or Josh Gordon? 

TIA

Hey Sig:

Marion Mack against the Steelers or James White vs Denver?

ETA:   0.5 PPR

Thanks for your time as always.

1. Mostly concerned who will perform better in fantasy playoffs .... I already have Evans and A Brown... so Cooks is my flex play each week.  Would you trade cooks for tyreke hill? , t hill owner has Brady and loves stacking QB/wr combinations so that's why I think I might be able to get that deal done.

2. As a kirk cousins owner, I have concerns about his long term viability behind his bad o line. should I pick up Carr from waivers? Seems to have a decent playoff schedule. Would need to drop Josh Gordon, McFadden, bears d, or Panthers d to do it.

3. 0.5 ppr, pick two this week, Martin, Parker, Freeman

Hey Sig,

Ppr league need to start 1 out of this group at rb.

Tevin Coleman, rex burkhead, Damien Williams, Marlon Mack or devonate booker?

Thank you 

Hey Sig. In a standard league I need one of the following:

powell

henry

burkhead

if it matters, I have to start Robbie Anderson since Hogan is down 

thx pal 

Good day, sir.

D. Murray or L. Miller this week? PPR

Then do I go with the RB you did not pick or Kupp @ flex? PPR

TIA

Heya, Bloom -- always love your ranking as a double-check and the background you give for your rationale.

Curious to get more of that background and your insight on a decision I'm trying to make in my 0.7 point PPR league where I'm scrambling to cover byes and injuries for this one week.

Read your rankings so know that you like Beasley better than some other wire options like Humphries, Williams, Aldrick Robinson, Curtis Samuel, Marquise Goodwin, and Terrance Williams (and others of their ilk/relative tier).

Question is, why? Is is simply his TD potential? I tend to agree that Beasley has great upside, but may have a riskier floor than his teammate Williams who may get more targets/receptions. Looking at a guy like Humphries is interesting with Evans out, and while Fitz was good in relief, this entire offense is a little in disarray, so can Humphries be trusted? 

Goodwin is pretty much the only ball catcher left, and the 9ers have a great matchup, but can we trust Beathard to deliver as opposed to checking down a lot to the backs or looking for his TE where the Giants are very susceptible?

Samuel also has a nice matchup against a weak Dolphin secondary, but will need to rely on an up-and-down Cam who seems to look for Funchess and his own running lanes first.

What do you think is the safest floor option, and the most reliable upside option out of this general WR tier this week?

TIA.

Bloom! I need a WR, TE and a flex from the following options (PPR). Who would you go with between:

Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, Vernon Davis (if Reed is out), Sammy Watkins,Jordy Nelson, Terrance Williams (if Dez is out), Dion Lewis

Thanks in advance!

Standard League help needed

ASJ or Henry for TE

Need 2 WR’s from 

Tate, Corey Davis, Devante Parker, Devante Adams

Thanks 

Need some help with another league 

QB Goff or Mariota?

RB need 2 from Mixon, McCaffrey, demarco, Henry, Cohen, Henry.

Then I need 2 Flex from RBs above, Diggs, Parker, Engram, Davis.

Thanks for all your help!

HI Sig,

I have a more strategic question in a ppr, 2QB, 10 team dynasty league with 21 roster spots + 2 IR spots.  

Below is my roster.  

My question is your thoughts on whether  I should upgrade my RB by obtaining Christian McCaffrey, or hold, and make a QB trade in the offseason to get a high enough spot to get someone like Nick Chubb?

I'm #2 in the standings and should finish there or #3 into the playoffs, but there is at least 1 team that has an avg total pts advantage of about 5 pts per week.

I appreciate any feedback you can give me...thx!!!

Trade Option 1: Luck for McCaffrey

Trade Option 2: Cam Newton for Big Ben + McCaffrey

in both trade options, the other trade party has the following QBs: Cutler, Big Ben and Flacco...they're hurting.

Roster: (format is 2/2/2/1/2/1/1)

QB: Goff, Newton, Luck, Keenum, Bridgewater, Chad Kelly, Mahomes 

RB: Gurley, McKinnon, Lynch, dion lewis, rod smith

WR: Evans, Beckham, Jordy, Hopkins, Watkins, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook

TE: Kelce and Rudolph

PK: Gostkowski

DEF/ ST: stream

Thanks again Sig.  Love that you do this each week.

The Alfred Morris owner dropped him during this weeks waiver wire run.  I grabbed Rod Smith 2 weeks ago.  Morris comes off waivers tomorrow.  I have a #3 claim in on him essentially swapping Smith for Morris.  Who would you rather have?  League is .5 PPR and my RBs are less than stellar.

McKinnon, Powell, James White, Dion Lewis, Derick Henry,and Rod Smith.

Swap Smith for Morris, Swap someone else for Morris, or stand pat?

Thanks again.
id rather have smith than morris, but morris has first crack at the job. maybe white drop for morris because .5 PP de-emphasizes his value

Thanks Sig,

FFPC scoring:

Need 1 of the following:

D.Brees @ Buff

B.Rothlisbereger @ Ind

Need 1 of the following:

E.Sanders vs NE

E.Dickson vs Mia

Ri. Matthews vs Cinn

Need 2 of the following:

M.Sanu vs Dall

D.Funchess vs Mia

R.Woods vs Hou

Need 2 of the following:

J.Mixon @ Tenn

D.Jackson vs NYJ

M.Sanu vs Dall

R.Woods vs Hou

C.Thompson vs Minn

Regarding the idea back-filling your roster with backup RBs from good offenses, should I be interested in anyone from the LA Rams roster now that Malcolm Brown is injured?  Does Justin Davis merit any consideration.  And yes, I am a Gurley owner.

Thanks.

Regarding the idea back-filling your roster with backup RBs from good offenses, should I be interested in anyone from the LA Rams roster now that Malcolm Brown is injured?  Does Justin Davis merit any consideration.  And yes, I am a Gurley owner.

Thanks.
maybe, but i would imagine if he gets hurt they sign a back. lance dunbar is also coming back soon. this one lacks clarity

Hi Sig,

Thanks for this. Two questions for you:

1. In PPR, would you start both Kelvin and Corey Davis over a gimpy Dez (if he plays)?

2. For a speculative upside add in PPR, who would you pick up from Martavis, Dion Lewis, or Doctson? I don’t need any to perform now, but looking for late season blow up potential.

thanks again!

dr
not kelvin

bryant

In std scoring leagues, who are some guys at ea position in the QB1/2, RB2/WR2/flex range, and D/ST's, you want to have on your team for the run to the playoffs & wk 15 & 16?
baltimore RBs, tyrod/ben juju/martavis BAL D/ST

Sir Sigmund,

PPR, I heard you guys say Martin was droppable but I’m not sure I’m ready to do that. Maybe more run heavy without Winston? I realize that with bad game scripts and very little receiving action, Martin could easily be a bust. 

RBs - Gordon, Hyde, Lynch, Woodhead, Cohen, Martin

WRs - Dez, Thielen, Parker, Funchess, Corey Davis

Would you drop Cohen or Martin for Booker, Dion Lewis, Corey Coleman, Westbrook or Josh Gordon? 

TIA
id prefer lewis to martin

Thanks for your time as always.

1. Mostly concerned who will perform better in fantasy playoffs .... Would you trade cooks for tyreke hill? , t hill owner has Brady and loves stacking QB/wr combinations so that's why I think I might be able to get that deal done.

2. As a kirk cousins owner, I have concerns about his long term viability behind his bad o line. should I pick up Carr from waivers? Seems to have a decent playoff schedule. Would need to drop Josh Gordon, McFadden, bears d, or Panthers d to do it.

3. 0.5 ppr, pick two this week, Martin, Parker, Freeman
yeah id prefer hill

yes carr for CAR D

sit martin

Have to start 2 ... rank em' - non-ppr

D Thomas / McKinnon / Mixon / AJ / Cooks

Between McKinnon and Mixon ... who for ROS?

Thx

Whats up Bloom, thanks for taking the time as always.

Standard scoring need 1 WR & 1 Flex out of this group:

Rod Smith @ ATL

Corey Davis v CIN

Dion Lewis @ DEN

K. Benjamin v NO

J. Crowder v MIN

E. Mcguire @ TB

(If Dez sits would you play T.Williams or Beasley over any of the above?)

Much appreciated

Heya, Bloom -- always love your ranking as a double-check and the background you give for your rationale.

Curious to get more of that background and your insight on a decision I'm trying to make in my 0.7 point PPR league where I'm scrambling to cover byes and injuries for this one week.

Read your rankings so know that you like Beasley better than some other wire options like Humphries, Williams, Aldrick Robinson, Curtis Samuel, Marquise Goodwin, and Terrance Williams (and others of their ilk/relative tier).

Question is, why? Is is simply his TD potential? I tend to agree that Beasley has great upside, but may have a riskier floor than his teammate Williams who may get more targets/receptions. Looking at a guy like Humphries is interesting with Evans out, and while Fitz was good in relief, this entire offense is a little in disarray, so can Humphries be trusted? 

Goodwin is pretty much the only ball catcher left, and the 9ers have a great matchup, but can we trust Beathard to deliver as opposed to checking down a lot to the backs or looking for his TE where the Giants are very susceptible?

Samuel also has a nice matchup against a weak Dolphin secondary, but will need to rely on an up-and-down Cam who seems to look for Funchess and his own running lanes first.

What do you think is the safest floor option, and the most reliable upside option out of this general WR tier this week?

TIA.
beasley seems like an obvious replacement for zeke runs in red zone, high percentage option, already has 2 2 TD games this year. Dak is also playing lights out, so i like relying on him whether its williams or beasley. i have williams a little higher, both are a little bit boom/bust, but hot coming in. lean TW, but would feel better about it if dez was inactive.

Bloom! I need a WR, TE and a flex from the following options (PPR). Who would you go with between:

Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, Vernon Davis (if Reed is out), Sammy Watkins,Jordy Nelson, Terrance Williams (if Dez is out), Dion Lewis

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread