What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help.

Thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Cousins vs Den or James Cook @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).
3a) POST MATCHUPS PLEASE

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

Let's hit the playoffs push!

Been on the road for the past 8 hours. I don't have my results from last week, yet. Certainly tomorrow, though.

ETA:
I always post results of my head-2-head choices for the previous week and keep a season long tally. I compare those results to the results if I used a coin toss instead.

I don't keep a tally when asked to choose between more than two players because I'm not sure how to score it and don't want to get into fractions to keep the tally.

Last Week my downward spiral continued; I went 27-34-6 and the randbetween managed 33-28-6

For the first time since I started this thread I am trailing the randbetween on the season with my dismal record of 264-285-31 and the randbetween at 270-279-31.

I am pretty sure the randbetween is cheating.

Last edited:
I'll start. Eagles bye and Cousins injury makes this a tough week.

Super flex PPR league.

Need one RB and a flex (QB eligible)
Jahmyr Gibbs @ LAC
D'Onta Foreman v Car
Jerome Ford @ Bal
Khalil Herbert v Car
Will Levis @ TBB

ATM I have Gibbs & Foreman slotted.

Herbert has not been officially activated yet but has apparently logged consecutive full practices, which really clouds things.

I'd roll with Gibbs and Levis, though Monty is also logging practices. You'll have to monitor that.

This is one where you're going to have to sit there on Thursday and make sure that Herbert and Foreman are active if you start one of them. If one is inactive, go with the other.

Here's what I think right now with the information we have

Levis > Gibbs (because of Monty looming) > Ford > Herbert > Foreman -- if both Herbert and Foreman are active. If one isn't, slot the other in over Gibbs (if Monty is active) and go from there.

Lotta moving pieces this early in the week.

I'd roll with Gibbs and Levis, though Monty is also logging practices. You'll have to monitor that.

This is one where you're going to have to sit there on Thursday and make sure that Herbert and Foreman are active if you start one of them. If one is inactive, go with the other.

Here's what I think right now with the information we have

Levis > Gibbs (because of Monty looming) > Ford > Herbert > Foreman -- if both Herbert and Foreman are active. If one isn't, slot the other in over Gibbs (if Monty is active) and go from there.

Lotta moving pieces this early in the week.
Thanks for the input. Yeah, it's too early in the week to make any kind of decision.

Levis, for me, on the road is a tough sell. Obviously what Stroud did last week looms large but ATM Stroud>>>Levis but clearly that defense can be exploited.

I'm assuming Monty & Khalil play which really means there is no way to logic myself into a "correct" decision.

PSA

Fire up anyone connected with the Lions offense. The OL is healthy for the first time since Week 1 (all 53 were FP Tuesday), Lions are coming off a bye while Los Angeles flew back from NJ after MNF.

Despite the stellar pass rush provided by #52 and #97, the Chargers allow the most fantasy football points per game to QBs (4 pt passing TDs), 7th most points to RBs, 5th most points to WRs, 7th most points to TEs. They can't cover anyone. IMO

Detroit's Team Grade rankings per PFF:
  • OFFENSE 3rd
  • PASSING 3rd
  • PASS BLOCKING 3rd
  • RECEIVING 7th
  • RUSHING 12th
  • RUN BLOCKING 2nd

PPR, 4/passing TD, pick one out of each of these:

Dobbs vs Saints or Murray vs Falcons
Sanders @ Bears, Smith @ Cards (already starting Pitts), or hit free agents (best probably Rondale Moore vs Falcons or dice rolls like Jameson Williams)

Ready?
FFPC scoring:

Need a QB:
B.Mayfield vs Tenn
T.Lawrence vs SF
J.Dobbs vs NO

Here's the fun one:
Need THREE of the following,ONE must be a TE:

A.Mattison vs NO
T.Lockett vs Wash
N.Collins @ Cinn
D.Njoku @ Balt
C.Otton vs Tenn

6-3 with Jalen Hurts on BI 12 team ppr 5pts pass TD
who should i PU?
Mac Jones
Gardner Minshew
Taylor Heinicke
Will Levis

PPR, 4/passing TD, pick one out of each of these:

Dobbs vs Saints or Murray vs Falcons
Sanders @ Bears, Smith @ Cards (already starting Pitts), or hit free agents (best probably Rondale Moore vs Falcons or dice rolls like Jameson Williams)
It's difficult to dismiss Dobbs at this point. On the season he is the #10 QB in PPG in my 12 team league. It's crazy but dude can play a little. How do you bench him at this point?

I like Kyler a lot too. He's a dynamic talent, the Cardinals appeared to be conservative with his recovery so I expect that he is as close to 100% as he is going to get this season and the Falcons defense just made Josh Dobbs look like Josh Allen.

So do you bank on Dobbs coming down to earth a little or do you wait a week to see what Kyler is bringing to the table? This decision shouldn't be a struggle and the fact that it is makes me think
Dobbs>Murray

Your other choice is a blind dart throw. I might go with Jameson because he will probably get 1-2 deep throws but and that will make the game a little more fun, or frustrating, to watch. But I honestly don't think I can help much here because your guess is probably better than mine.

Alright, pal, your advice screwed me last week, I could have won by 67, but I only won by 54 😭😭 Still keeps me at night, thinking about what could have been. Same question this week: Godwin or Dotson? Godwin vs TEN, Dotson @ SEA.

Oh yeah and PPR.

Last edited:
Ready?
FFPC scoring:

Need a QB:
B.Mayfield vs Tenn
T.Lawrence vs SF
J.Dobbs vs NO

Here's the fun one:
Need THREE of the following,ONE must be a TE:

A.Mattison vs NO
T.Lockett vs Wash
N.Collins @ Cinn
D.Njoku @ Balt
C.Otton vs Tenn
Could be worse at QB. Lawrence has been such a game manager this year and it will probably be a very tough matchup. I can't see Jacksonville simply being able to continue feeding Etienne and winning against this defense. So Lawrence will probably have to do more if they want to compete. Then again after feasting on lesser rushing offenses through the first five games the Niners have given up 160 to the Browns & 134 to the Bengals in two of their last three games. Heck they gave up 74 yards to Mattison and the Vikings and they're the worst running team in the NFL.

Between Baker and Dobbs it's all about upside vs stability. Baker is going to get you 230 & 1.5 TDs every week, almost guaranteed. Dobbs has also been pretty darn consistent this season and he can be electric at times. Is it possible that Kevin O'Connell's offense can raise Dobbs's ceiling and floor? Maybe.

I think Dobbs may be worth the risk but you should understand sometimes my opinions get clouded by selecting the guys that seem more fun to watch and Dobbs can be fun to watch.

Dobbs>Baker

For the other option I think you have to go with Otton. Weird things do tend to happen when AFC North teams face off but I don't think we can bet against that Ravens defense at home. I do think Njoku is more talented and he does get a bit more utilization but, IMO the matchup is king here.

Otton>Njoku

For the other two options I think you have to go with Nico. Stroud is simply playing too well and he's still a consistently big part of the passing game.

I'm probably also going with Lockett in a get well game for the Seahawks. Washington can score and don't have a good defense, it's a great mix for the Seattle offense.

Tough to roll Mattison out, even with likely more usage, against a tough defense like New Orleans.

Nico>Lockett>Mattison>Njoku

6-3 with Jalen Hurts on BI 12 team ppr 5pts pass TD
who should i PU?
Mac Jones
Gardner Minshew
Taylor Heinicke
Will Levis
It's helpful if you include the matchups in this post. ATM I only know ATL is @ ARI and Tenn is @ TB. It looks like New England is at Indianapolis for the other two.

Any one of these guys is capable of outperforming the others so we have to take any recommendations with a grain of salt. I kind of like the Colts to win at home and that New England offense looks depleted so I probably don't roll with Jones. Even if they're playing in a come from behind situation that offense just looks marginal at best.

Minshew is probably your most stable option and he does have some upside. He's going to get you 240 and 1.5 TDs pretty reliably and maybe has a bit of upside as well.

I am starting Heinicke this week (also have Hurts on the bye) but am considering swapping him out for Levis. Heinicke looks like maybe a 220 yard 1 TD QB. He does have multiple TD passes in 10 or 26 career starts but a guy like Minshew who has 29 starts has thrown multiple TD passes 17 times. So, IMO Heinicke is out.

Levis is a total wild card. The TB defense just got torched by Stroud but Stroud is very good, better than Levis ATM IMO. The Titans also gave up 300+ yards to Josh Allen, Kirk Cousins & Jared Goff (271 to Hurts). They gave up 169 to Fields, 127 to Carr & 245 yards to Ridder. Which group are you more comfortable putting Levis in with right now? I really like what I have seen from the kid but starting him is really a total guess.

The smart play is
Minshew>Levis>Heinicke>Jones

Alright, pal, your advice screwed me last week, I could have won by 67, but I only won by 54 😭😭 Still keeps me at night, thinking about what could have been. Same question this week: Godwin or Dotson? Godwin vs TEN, Dotson @ SEA.
I stand by that call, and I probably stand by it again this week but with more hesitation. Over the last three games Dotson is averaging 8.7 targets, 5.7 receptions for 73 yards with 2 TDs. It is probably time to jump back on that train and cross your fingers.

But Godwin is still a solid bet any given week. He's averaging 8 targets, 5 receptions and 59 yards on the season and similarly over the last three. However he doesn't seem to be the apple of Baker's eye like Evans is, with only one TD.

Yeah, let's get the Dotson train revved up.
Dotson>Godwin

Super flex PPR league.

Jahmyr Gibbs @ LAC
D'Onta Foreman v Car
Jerome Ford @ Bal
Khalil Herbert v Car
Will Levis @ TBB

Herbert has not been officially activated yet but has apparently logged consecutive full practices, which really clouds things.
Agreed - I'd go with Gibbs and Levis if Herbert is out. If Herbert plays, I'd go Gibbs and Levis.

PPR league, need to start 3 of these RBs and 3 of these WRs:

RBs:

Barkley @ DAL
Etienne vs. SFO
Herbert vs. CAR
Pollard vs. NYG
White vs. TEN

To me, Etienne and White are no-brainers, can't start Herbert yet even if active, so it comes down to playing one of Barkley and Pollard (pains me to even write at this juncture). Trying to balance a lot of volume (albeit perhaps empty) for Barkley versus finally a potential rebound for Pollard against the hapless Giants.

WRs:

Cooper @ BAL
Doubs @ PIT
Douglas vs. IND
Jeudy @ BUF
London @ ARI
Ridley vs. SFO

Thinking it has to be Cooper, London (assuming he plays) and Ridley despite the tough matchups for Cooper/Ridley. If London is out, thinking I'd probably go Douglas.

TIA as usual

Boyd or Michael Wilson (w Kyler back) as a WR3?
I can see why this would be a question. Kyler is definitely a bump to the Cardinals offense but I'm not sure it's such a significant bump that we can elevate a guy like Wilson when he is, maybe the #3 receiving option on the offense. He's tied with Rondale for 4th most targets at this point and I can make a stronger case that Moore will see a bigger bump because Murray has more familiarity with him.

Boyd isn't sexy but he is going to see six high quality targets from the 2nd best QB in the league (I would argue that the gap between Burrow & Mahomes is a lot smaller than the one between Burrow and whoever is the #3 QB in the league).

So based on QB, and without much confidence
Boyd>Wilson

As Usual…WR issues in 2 different leagues.

LEAGUE 1: .5 PPR SIT 1 OF THESE 4
Higgins Vs Houston
Diontae Vs Green Bay
DJ Moore Vs Carolina
Pittman VS New England

Diontae will have Alexander to deal with. DJ Moore has Bagent for another week. Pittman in Europe. Higgins seems like best matchup, although he just showed up on injury report (hamstring). No idea of severity.

LEAGUE 2: 1 PPR SIT 2 of these 4
Diontae Vs Green Bay
Nico Collins at Cincinnati
Davante Adams Vs Jets
Derrick Henry at Tampa

No idea what to do here..

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Super flex PPR league.

Jahmyr Gibbs @ LAC
D'Onta Foreman v Car
Jerome Ford @ Bal
Khalil Herbert v Car
Will Levis @ TBB

Gibbs for sure. If Herbert sits, Foreman would be next in line. If Herbert plays, I’d lean towards Levis, seeing what Stroud just did to TB.

RBs:

Barkley @ DAL
Etienne vs. SFO
Herbert vs. CAR
Pollard vs. NYG
White vs. TEN

To me, Etienne and White are no-brainers, can't start Herbert yet even if active, so it comes down to playing one of Barkley and Pollard (pains me to even write at this juncture). Trying to balance a lot of volume (albeit perhaps empty) for Barkley versus finally a potential rebound for Pollard against the hapless Giants.

WRs:

Cooper @ BAL
Doubs @ PIT
Douglas vs. IND
Jeudy @ BUF
London @ ARI
Ridley vs. SFO

Thinking it has to be Cooper, London (assuming he plays) and Ridley despite the tough matchups for Cooper/Ridley. If London is out, thinking I'd probably go Douglas.

TIA as usual
I agree about Herbert but I'm not sure I agree with White being a must start. Is it about production, matchup or usage?

Pollard's matchup has to be tempting. It's frustrating because the Cowboys have been part of four blowout victories and this game is shaping up to be another one (I mean, right?). In those four games Pollard has averaged 19 touches (3 receptions), 76 yards with two TDs. I love the touches but the production has been very disappointing.

In two blowout losses Saquon has averaged 18 touches for 86 yards with 0 TDs. But that is a small AF sample size and the matchup is terrible, particularly with Danny DeVito at QB. Can the Giants pull off a miracle? In this case a miracle constitutes keeping the game even remotely close.

Rachaad is going to give you 81 yards (4 receptions) pretty much every week.

This is a head scratcher...actually it's one that will make you pull your hair out if you take magic football too seriously.

It's bizarre and horrible but, yeah, I think I would bench Saquon.

For WRs, IMO, it's pretty easy unless the reports on London are terrible. I'm starting Amari, Ridley and London and not really thinking about it. The Ravens are intimidating AF but AFC Central matchups are crazy and shouldn't be predicted. The Browns defense is probably the best in the league ATM and can keep them in any game. DeShaun appears to be mostly healthy and Amari is still, easily his best WR.

Ridley has not been what everyone was hoping for but he's a steady enough option, you beat San Francisco through the air for the most part and he just has a much better QB than your other options.

To be fair Jeudy has a pretty good QB too, something a lot of the people who were all over Wilson last year should own up and apologize for. He's a little more dink'n'dunk than historically in his career but it is his third offense in three years and if he settles in as the season continues the Payton/Wilson combo could still become prolific. It makes Jeudy the fourth option on my list and really the decision does come down to Jeudy v London IMO.

I don't trust Love or Mac enough to seriously consider Douglas or Doubs this week. Both could be fine but I don't see enough upside to seriously consider them.

London also has a pretty mediocre QB but he does have more upside based on pure talent. The Cardinals pass defense has been pretty scrappy, mostly because teams are running on them a lot but with Kyler back in the lineup maybe they can put up enough offense against a bad Falcons defense to keep them passing all game. Monitor London's health but he'd be my option if he gets in full practice on Thursday & Friday.

Amari>Ridley>London>Jeudy>Doubs>Douglas

Higgins Vs Houston
Diontae Vs Green Bay
DJ Moore Vs Carolina
Pittman VS New England

Diontae will have Alexander to deal with. DJ Moore has Bagent for another week. Pittman in Europe. Higgins seems like best matchup, although he just showed up on injury report (hamstring). No idea of severity.

Diontae Vs Green Bay
Davante Adams Vs Jets
Derrick Henry at Tampa

Thanks!!
Unless Higgins limited on Thursday & Friday I don't think I would consider benching him. I just want a piece of anyone that Burrow is throwing to.

DJ feels like the odd man out IMO simply because of the QB situation. Bagent hasn't somewhat okay, with a startling 67% completions but he's clearly dinking and dunking and hasn't, yet, shown the ability to find DJ. The Panthers have also had a very bad run defense and on the short week I think that favors the Bears.

Pittman may be in Europe but Minshew is pretty decent and he peppers Pittman with targets. With the Patriots benching starting DBs, losing to the Commanders at home etc they look shockingly ready for the off-season to start already. Never thought Belichick could entirely lose a team, but it sure looks like it's happening right now.

Diontae seems to have quickly settled back in to being the Steelers #1 target and he finally got off the TD schneid. Alexander is a fine DB but Diontae is a fine WR and seems to have a rapport with Pickett.

Follow Higgins's health but ATM bench DJ IMO.

For league two I pretty much go with Collins and Henry and am not really questioning it. Stroud has been playing lights out. He distributes the ball a bunch, which is a bit frustrating at times but, IMO we have seen the Noah Brown show before and I am not worried about him.

I can't start Davante against the Jets with Aidan O'Connell starting at QB. I just can't. O'Connell is fine but the Jets aren't the Giants.

If you have hesitation with Nico at all the Diontae is a fine substitute I just like Nico's QB more.

The way I see Henry is he is now 100% locked in as the key to keeping Levis from getting overwhelmed. He has a TD in four of eight games and has four targets in each of Levis's starts. I also think Levis's willingness to throw the ball deep will help the offense as a whole. Henry may not quite be the back that he has been for the past but he's still a great back who I think is locked in to 20 touches and I'll take that on most weeks.

Henry>Nico>Diontae>Davante

PPR
Khalil Herbert vs Car
or
Courtland Sutton vs Buf
Unless Foreman is inactive I'm going with Sutton. He's not terribly exciting but he has quietly been incredibly consistent and is clearly Wilson's favorite read near the GL.

Sutton>Herbert

Need one SUPERFLEX 1 PPR

Bagent
Ford
Hunt
It's really helpful and appreciated if you include matchups when you ask these questions.

Bagent has been decent-ish so far. He can run a little and he has a nice matchup, at least for a potential Bears win. He's entirely a dink-and-dunk passer and has 8 turnovers in less than four games so if you get minus points for that it's definitely a consideration. But you should expect somewhere around 200 yards passing with a TD with the possibility of a little more on top. Nothing spectacular but, potentially a nice bye week fill in. He's probably the safest option.

I like Ford over Hunt because he's clearly their lead back. I wish they would have rested him in the fourth quarter last week considering the score but it's clear the Browns trust him and, if they can they're going to get him 20+ touches. What I like about him this week, despite the seemingly brutal matchup is the fact that he appears to be the receiving back which will make it tough to game script him out of the game. But, it is still a difficult matchup on paper and, even though I think AFC Central (yes, I know what I did there) matchups are virtually impossible to predict and the Browns have a legitimate shot of winning it is very difficult to roll out any Browns skill position player with confidence.

Bagent>Ford>Hunt

Flex in a full PPR

caveat emptor

I'm an 80% favorite over a guy with 6 players on a bye.....check that, a guy who still needs to add a QB for this week and his WW options are Baker, Bryce, Bilbao Baggins, Zach Wilson, and Tommy Devito.

Enough about the loser in second I'm about to take to the woodshed, let's talk about my team.....

• Jaylen Warren v GB
  • Keaton Mitchell v CLE
While this appears to be an unserious query, the (twisted) thought process goes like this....I'm a 25 point favorite. The chalk move is Warren, a delightfully boring player with flex appeal. Ho hum, another 9-to-14 pointers, thanks, 4-for-4 on the do-no-harm scale.

Do I take the boring 10 pointer?

Or do I YOLO this thing and swing for the fences at M&T Bank Stadium (a venue literally in the shadows of Camden Yard)?

EDIT

after the 2nd place team decides on which WW QB he wants to lose with, I'll be a 25-27 point favorite

Flex in a full PPR

caveat emptor

I'm an 80% favorite over a guy with 6 players on a bye.....check that, a guy who still needs to add a QB for this week and his WW options are Baker, Bryce, Bilbao Baggins, Zach Wilson, and Tommy Devito.

Enough about the loser in second I'm about to take to the woodshed, let's talk about my team.....

• Jaylen Warren v GB
  • Keaton Mitchell v CLE
While this appears to be an unserious query, the (twisted) thought process goes like this....I'm a 25 point favorite. The chalk move is Warren, a delightfully boring player with flex appeal. Ho hum, another 9-to-14 pointers, thanks, 4-for-4 on the do-no-harm scale.

Do I take the boring 10 pointer?

Or do I YOLO this thing and swing for the fences at M&T Bank Stadium (a venue literally in the shadows of Camden Yard)?

EDIT

after the 2nd place team decides on which WW QB he wants to lose with, I'll be a 25-27 point favorite
I have a bit of a bias for selecting players that I like to root for. Based on that logic, and nothing else, I absolutely support

Keaton>Warren

But the smart move is definitely Warren.

full PPR part deux

need a WR3:
  • Jayden Reed at Pittsburgh
  • Josh Reynolds at LAC (neutral site known as SoFi)

full PPR part deux

need a WR3:
Jayden is getting more looks lately (13 over the last 3 games) but his snap counts are all over the map (48%, 78%, 39%).

Reynolds is still on the field for 80% of the Lions snaps over the last three games even if he has only seen 7 total targets during that span. I don't see where he fits with Monty, Gibbs, ARSB, LaPorta and Williams all in the game plan.

I think Reed is probably the right call, with Minkah Fitzpatrick trending out but you can't have much confidence in either option.

Reed>Reynolds

full PPR part deux

need a WR3:
Jayden is getting more looks lately (13 over the last 3 games) but his snap counts are all over the map (48%, 78%, 39%).

Reynolds is still on the field for 80% of the Lions snaps over the last three games even if he has only seen 7 total targets during that span. I don't see where he fits with Monty, Gibbs, ARSB, LaPorta and Williams all in the game plan.

I think Reed is probably the right call, with Minkah Fitzpatrick trending out but you can't have much confidence in either option.

Reed>Reynolds

Thanks.

Snap counts with Jayden are a function of game script + are they running more 11 personnel or 12 personnel. They love Musgrave but are pretty keen on Kraft as well (the latter as an Inline blocker I mean, he only gets scraps for targets.) Any time the Pack OL are struggling in run blocking, Reed sees fewer targets. I'm thinking Jayden sees more snaps bc they're rather face the Steelers nickel/dime setup than the base 3-4. Then again I could be telling myself a bedtime story.

Josh first 4 g was mostly dreamy, last 4 he saw fewer snaps targets bc they keep trying to shove a square peg Jamo through a round hole Z-WR. That's less snaps for Raymond in 11 personnel bit Reynolds still dominates WR2 snap counts, just doesn't see as many targets over the past month. I'm also thinking down the road DPR might eat into Reynolds' role so might be time to cut bait but giving him one or three more shots on the roster first. Nothing good on the barren wire.

Anyway, yeah, Reed but nothing to be too hopeful about.

Last edited:
PPR

Jaylen Warren vs GB

or

Chubba Hubbard vs Chi?

ECR has it a coin flip, both have a good matchup, I'd lean the guy playing at home on the team that is favored. Chuba probably outsnaps Warren but he's more inefficient with his starters touches than Warren is with his CoP role.

Need one SUPERFLEX 1 PPR

Bagent
Ford
Hunt

Ford

but I wouldn't feel great about it

I like what Bagent is bringing with his mobility, good floor - if you are a favorite I might go with Bilbo Baggins. If you're a dog, Ford.

Man Baltimore is tough at M&T Bank Stadium this year, tough one.

Higgins Vs Houston
Diontae Vs Green Bay
DJ Moore Vs Carolina
Pittman VS New England

Obviously monitor the reports. If Higgins is FP by Friday I'd stick with him, otherwise I like DJM in a revenge game. Pittman has a tough matchup but so consistent (WR 9-17-14-13 the last 4. Dionte will have volume but more of a floor play.

I just like the way Burrow and the offense is playing rn, though.

Diontae Vs Green Bay
Davante Adams Vs Jets
Derrick Henry at Tampa

If there is snow in Vermont you start Henry.

Feel like the WRs are Diontae-Adams are a coin flip. Collins is your 4th option. None of those three have the upside of Derrick Henry.

absurd to type this, but here we are Nov 2023:

.5 PPR
Adams vs Jets
Dell @ Cincy

Jets secondary is probably one of the best in the game. Rookie QB etc etc etc, but who knows, maybe Pierce has some wizard like things happening in Vegas

Dell explodes last week, and this will be a CJ Stroud 50 attempt sort of game....does lightening strike two weeks in a row?

RBs:

Barkley @ DAL
Etienne vs. SFO
Herbert vs. CAR
Pollard vs. NYG
White vs. TEN

WRs:

Cooper @ BAL
Doubs @ PIT
Douglas vs. IND
Jeudy @ BUF
London @ ARI
Ridley vs. SFO

TIA as usual
I agree about Herbert but I'm not sure I agree with White being a must start. Is it about production, matchup or usage?

Pollard's matchup has to be tempting. It's frustrating because the Cowboys have been part of four blowout victories and this game is shaping up to be another one (I mean, right?). In those four games Pollard has averaged 19 touches (3 receptions), 76 yards with two TDs. I love the touches but the production has been very disappointing.

In two blowout losses Saquon has averaged 18 touches for 86 yards with 0 TDs. But that is a small AF sample size and the matchup is terrible, particularly with Danny DeVito at QB. Can the Giants pull off a miracle? In this case a miracle constitutes keeping the game even remotely close.

Rachaad is going to give you 81 yards (4 receptions) pretty much every week.

This is a head scratcher...actually it's one that will make you pull your hair out if you take magic football too seriously.

It's bizarre and horrible but, yeah, I think I would bench Saquon.

For WRs, IMO, it's pretty easy unless the reports on London are terrible. I'm starting Amari, Ridley and London and not really thinking about it. The Ravens are intimidating AF but AFC Central matchups are crazy and shouldn't be predicted. The Browns defense is probably the best in the league ATM and can keep them in any game. DeShaun appears to be mostly healthy and Amari is still, easily his best WR.

Ridley has not been what everyone was hoping for but he's a steady enough option, you beat San Francisco through the air for the most part and he just has a much better QB than your other options.

To be fair Jeudy has a pretty good QB too, something a lot of the people who were all over Wilson last year should own up and apologize for. He's a little more dink'n'dunk than historically in his career but it is his third offense in three years and if he settles in as the season continues the Payton/Wilson combo could still become prolific. It makes Jeudy the fourth option on my list and really the decision does come down to Jeudy v London IMO.

I don't trust Love or Mac enough to seriously consider Douglas or Doubs this week. Both could be fine but I don't see enough upside to seriously consider them.

London also has a pretty mediocre QB but he does have more upside based on pure talent. The Cardinals pass defense has been pretty scrappy, mostly because teams are running on them a lot but with Kyler back in the lineup maybe they can put up enough offense against a bad Falcons defense to keep them passing all game. Monitor London's health but he'd be my option if he gets in full practice on Thursday & Friday.

Amari>Ridley>London>Jeudy>Doubs>Douglas
Thanks a lot for the in-depth, well thought out response. Regarding your question on White, I think he's a must start due primarily to usage. With that usage has come solid (maybe not spectacular) production, especially for PPR purposes. And he also benefits from being ahead of perhaps the worst group of backup RBs in the league.

On that subject of backups, I'm starting to hear some rumblings (unsubstantiated) that the Cowboys may be getting Dowdle more involved due to Pollard's struggles. That would obviously be a real bummer.

Love at Pittsburgh
Minshew against Pats in Germany?

Currently have Love in the lineup…neither seems to have much upside but Love may run a bit more for some points.

Thanks in advance!

DJ Moore tonight? Or Dalton Schultz @ CIN?

Most rankings have Moore higher - perhaps revenge came against old team.

0.5 PPR - 12 team league.

Thanks!

0.5 PPR

Need 3 of these with at least 1 WR:
Demario Douglas vs Indy in Germany
Calvin Ridley vs San Fran
Nico Collins at Cincy
Donta Foreman vs Carolina
David Montgomery at LA Chargers
Jaylen Warren vs Green Bay

Do I start Stroud over Lamar this week? Or is that getting too cute...4 points per TD toss, 6 per rush TD, .1 per yard ran.

Standard scoring, non-ppr league. I need to start 2 out of this group:

Pittman - still getting volume as the #1
Lockett - Hit or miss with him
Ford - Tough matchup and they lost an OL
Moss - Snap share has really decreased
Algier - Getting goal line work

Do I start Stroud over Lamar this week? Or is that getting too cute...4 points per TD toss, 6 per rush TD, .1 per yard ran.
I have a similar question, although mine has sorted itself out. I would not play the matchup game too much with my studs. Also Lamar had a good game against Cleveland earlier, although some of that was driven by rushing TD's. I'm starting Stroud because Fields will not be back, but If Fields was playing, I'd probably play Fields and Lamar is better than Fields.

Levis or Russell Wilson is a 6 point per passing TD league?

Thanks
I get the logic of Bills D >>> TB D but Wilson has been quite good this season. He has five multi-TD games (only one on the road @ CHI) and is running for 25 yards/game still. He's improving in this offense, has a good set of WRs and a decent run game. His yardage totals are substandard (200/g) and he has been mostly a dud in his three road games (not a great sample set for multiple reasons) and I wonder if Von Miller will bring a little extra juice this week. So I get it.

Tampa Bay has given up 340, 312 & 443 to Goff, Allen & Stroud in three of their last four games with 9 TDs. They gave up 245 and 0 TD to Desmond Ridder three weeks ago. Do you think Levis & the Titans more closely resemble Det, But & Hou or do they more closely resemble ATL? I like what I have seen from Levis, he has a cannon and isn't afraid to put up long 50-50 balls to his WRs. But he holds onto the ball a little too long and it looks like Burks is trending out this week (that may change but he was DNP yesterday).

When I write a lot it's generally because I am really not sure and trying to see if I can back myself into a consensus opinion. I don't feel I have been successful here as I really have no idea who I like more.

Generally this means I will default to the "safer"/"smarter" play which is Wilson in this case. But it's close enough that I might actually go with Levis because, to me he's more fun to root for, but that's really the only reason.

Levis>Wilson

Users who are viewing this thread