What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

0.5 PPR - which TE?

C. Kmet vs. CAR
E. Engram vs. SF
Engram is getting great volume, consistently. The TDs are missing but, that kind of volume shouldn't be ignored IMO.

However Engram is literally entirely forgotten inside the 15 with zero targets. He has two targets inside the 20. Kmet has three and three inside the five.

Kmet>Engram

Full PPR - Pick my RB2
Jerome Ford - at Ravens
Jaylen Warren - home vs Packers

Full PPR - Pick two WR
Diontae Johnson - home vs Packers
Tyler Lockett - home vs Commanders
Drake London - at Cardinals

6 Point Passing TD
Kyler Murray - home vs Falcons
Joshua Dobbs - home vs Saints

Add drop question. The question:

* Should I pick up D. Prescott and drop a RB?

Reasons:

1) Have L. Jackson this week vs CLE (tough matchup)..
2) I need an LJ bye week replacement for week 13 (Dak vs SEA).
3) My opponent has Mahommes on bye. Currently has Dobbs in, but could see them going for Dak in waivers tonight.

The problem: Don't have much in the way of drop options this week:

* Z. Charbonnet: Loathe to drop this lottery ticket who is getting increased touches.
* T. Spears: Ditto
* D. Pierce: Tempting. Sick of this guy. Hurt. Has a decent schedule coming up though.
* INDY D: Have CLE, but picked up INDY who faces NE.

Hard to sit LJ even against CLE. He ripped them earlier this year. That said, Prescott could duplicate LJ's production with less risk against the NYGs. However, they may not need to pass much.

Again, it's not just as much about this week's matchup, but also getting a bye week replacement in week 13 when Prescott faces SEA.

Feel like I was given a gift from the fantasy gods to go pick him up, but really hate what I'd have to drop.

The most rational choice would seem to be drop the Indy D. CLE D could produce sacks/turnovers against LJackson and possibly equal the output if not surpass the Indy D. Rankings seem close between the two. I'm biased after watching the pitiful NE offense live at Gillette stadium last Sunday.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Reason: Have L. Jackson this week vs CLE (tough matchup), but also need LJ's bye replacement in a couple weeks.

* Z. Charbonnet: Loathe to drop this lottery ticket who is getting increased touches.
* D. Pierce: Tempting. Sick of this guy. Hurt. Has a decent schedule coming up though.

Hard to sit LJ even against CLE. He ripped them earlier this year. That said, Prescott could duplicate LJ's production with less risk against the NYGs. However, they may not need to pass much.

Again, it's not just as much about this week's matchup, but also getting a bye week replacement in week 13 when Prescott faces SEA.

Feel like I was given a gift from the fantasy gods to go pick him up, but really hate what I'd have to drop.

Thoughts?
I'd pick up for Dak for the Indy D in a heartbeat. There's no need to carry two defenses, especially when you have Cleveland. Plus, Indy's defense has a decent (on paper) matchup versus New England, but it's not like they're lighting it up - and they're on a bye next week.

D question. Yes, random number generators.

* CLE D (@BALT) - Holding long term and this could be a bump in the road. L. Jackson ripped them earlier this year on the ground. Still, LJ is usually good for a fumble and this could be a FG fest.

* Indy vs NE (in Germany) -- More of a mediocre D facing a horrible offense. Indy has given up points/yards for sure, but they've been somewhat disruptive with sacks/ints and TDs (which are impossible to predict). Could see R. Stevenson doing well here, but if D. Douglass is banged up I'm not sure who catches the ball. NE could be in mail it in mode as well.

* SEA (vs WASH) - SEA D got smoked last week by BALT, but Wash isn't Baltimore. Howell seems to be getting better in terms of getting sacked. Looked good last week. He's a gunslinger though. SEA D fairly disruptive in terms of sacks/ints.

Note: If I go with CLE D, added benefit is I can drop the Indy or SEA D and attend to other needs.

Which?

Thanks

Last edited:
PPR

Dalton Shultz vs Cin

or

Kittle vs Jax?
I'm leaning Schultz with Nico suddenly DNP practice report. Also with the news that Higgins is unlikely to at and Chase is a question mark, this just became a slightly more winnable game for Houston. I still think the Bengals win this game and I have sincere concerns the Bengals improving defense steps up to cover the offense, but Schultz feels like a reasonable start here.

My only problem with Kittle is his place in the pecking order if the entire offense is healthy. Deebo is back, without designation and that complicates things. The Jags pass D isn't great and, surprisingly, they haven't been able to get after the QB much considering all the investment in their d-line. So Kittle definitely has an opportunity here.

It's really close Kittle is the better talent but Schultz is the hot hand...

Schultz>Kittle

Full PPR - Pick my RB2
Jerome Ford - at Ravens
Jaylen Warren - home vs Packers

Full PPR - Pick two WR
Diontae Johnson - home vs Packers
Tyler Lockett - home vs Commanders
Drake London - at Cardinals

6 Point Passing TD
Kyler Murray - home vs Falcons
Joshua Dobbs - home vs Saints
Ford and I don't think twice. Brutal matchup for sure but he's dominating snaps and touches out of the Browns backfield. The line took a hit but it's still pretty solid. I think he's a better play based on volume. He could see as many targets as Warren sees touches (not quite but he had 7 targets last week, which is nice).

Ford>Warren

I'm 100% starting Diontae. In a PPR that isn't remotely a question IMO.

Between Lockett & London I'm going with Lockett based on QB, opponent and health. Also not really a question IMO.

Lockett>London

I'm going with Murray at QB. Dobbs is a great story, he looks like a real NFL QB and it isn't a bad decision to roll with him if you want to chase that dragon. For me, I'm just expecting a bit of a reality check against a good NFL defense. That may be wrong-minded thinking but it's where I am at ATM. I think Murray brings some juice to the Cards this week and that's enough for me.

Murray>Dobbs

Reasons:

1) Have L. Jackson this week vs CLE (tough matchup)..
2) I need an LJ bye week replacement for week 13 (Dak vs SEA).
3) My opponent has Mahommes on bye. Currently has Dobbs in, but could see them going for Dak in waivers tonight.

The most rational choice would seem to be drop the Indy D. CLE D could produce sacks/turnovers against LJackson and possibly equal the output if not surpass the Indy D. Rankings seem close between the two. I'm biased after watching the pitiful NE offense live at Gillette stadium last Sunday.

Thoughts?
I wouldn't sit LJ this week or any other but to cover a bye you could do a lot worse than Dak.

For who to drop I would be fine cutting both Pierce & Indy defense. Pierce isn't worth the headache and defenses are random number generators. You have one of the top real world defenses in the league I consider them set-and-forget.

* CLE D (@BALT) - Holding long term and this could be a bump in the road. L. Jackson ripped them earlier this year on the ground. Still, LJ is usually good for a fumble and this could be a FG fest.

* Indy vs NE (in Germany) -- More of a mediocre D facing a horrible offense. Indy has given up points/yards for sure, but they've been somewhat disruptive with sacks/ints and TDs (which are impossible to predict). Could see R. Stevenson doing well here, but if D. Douglass is banged up I'm not sure who catches the ball. NE could be in mail it in mode as well.

* SEA (vs WASH) - SEA D got smoked last week by BALT, but Wash isn't Baltimore. Howell seems to be getting better in terms of getting sacked. Looked good last week. He's a gunslinger though. SEA D fairly disruptive in terms of sacks/ints.

Note: If I go with CLE D, added benefit is I can drop the Indy or SEA D and attend to other needs.

Which?

Thanks
CLE>IND

They're just better. I think benching them is getting cute. Cute is fine but I'm looking for sexy hot. The Browns pass rush and ball hawking secondary is sexy hot.

Here's one:
FFPC scoring:
Need a flex:

R.Stevenson vs Ind
B.Aiyuk @ Jax
I'll take Rhamondre and hope last week was a harbinger of good things to come. To be fair, this thought is probably tinged with more than a bit of recency bias.

Aiyuk has been fine, he had 100+ yards last week even but his big games feel like they were a long time ago, relatively, with Deebo back I don't see how that helps his chances too much (draws coverage blah, blah, blah if McCaffery wasn't drawing enough coverage already then he isn't that good to begin with).

Now the Jags pass d is meh and their pass rush is surprisingly weak so the Niners could definitely revert to their old ways and start putting up a lot of points. But how much of that pie belongs to Aiyuk?

In reality it's probably a coin toss but I'm probably leaning towards 15-ish opportunities for Rhamondre over 6-7 for Aiyuk.

Rhamondre>Aiyuk

Which?

Thanks
CLE>IND

They're just better. I think benching them is getting cute. Cute is fine but I'm looking for sexy hot. The Browns pass rush and ball hawking secondary is sexy hot.
And assume CLE > SEA as well?

Seattle a pretty good real world defense unlike Indy.

Here's one:
FFPC scoring:
Need a flex:

R.Stevenson vs Ind
B.Aiyuk @ Jax
I'll take Rhamondre and hope last week was a harbinger of good things to come. To be fair, this thought is probably tinged with more than a bit of recency bias.

Aiyuk has been fine, he had 100+ yards last week even but his big games feel like they were a long time ago, relatively, with Deebo back I don't see how that helps his chances too much (draws coverage blah, blah, blah if McCaffery wasn't drawing enough coverage already then he isn't that good to begin with).

Now the Jags pass d is meh and their pass rush is surprisingly weak so the Niners could definitely revert to their old ways and start putting up a lot of points. But how much of that pie belongs to Aiyuk?

In reality it's probably a coin toss but I'm probably leaning towards 15-ish opportunities for Rhamondre over 6-7 for Aiyuk.

Rhamondre>Aiyuk
Would you consider benching Aiyuk for Tank Dell this week? Consensus says start Aiyuk but with Nico Collins possibly out this week I can see Tank being the go-to for Stroud. Then again it could be Schultz or Noah Brown. Thoughts?

Which?

Thanks
CLE>IND

And assume CLE > SEA as well?

Seattle a pretty good real world defense unlike Indy.
Yeah, I mean the Commanders represent a tasty opportunity for opposing pass rushers. The problem is after seven games averaging 6 sacks given up (36 attempts/game) the Commanders have only given up 4 over the last two games (48 attempts/game) and that includes one sack given up to the Eagles. So...?

Seattle could easily outproduce Cleveland in fantasy points but to me that roster spot has more value elsewhere. Like squatting on a high value backup for a week.

Here's one:
FFPC scoring:
Need a flex:

R.Stevenson vs Ind
B.Aiyuk @ Jax

Rhamondre>Aiyuk
Would you consider benching Aiyuk for Tank Dell this week? Consensus says start Aiyuk but with Nico Collins possibly out this week I can see Tank being the go-to for Stroud. Then again it could be Schultz or Noah Brown. Thoughts?
Yeah, the Collins news really changes the dynamic in Houston. I still think Dell is more likely to be uneven more than Aiyuk but I do like Dell this week. Schultz is going to get his but he's not going to target hog the other guys out of the picture. And I'm not buying on Noah Brown, we've seen this show before. Sixth year WR breakouts hold no interest for me.

Yes, I would consider it
Dell>Aiyuk

Here's one:
FFPC scoring:
Need a flex:

R.Stevenson vs Ind
B.Aiyuk @ Jax

Rhamondre>Aiyuk
Yeah, the Collins news really changes the dynamic in Houston. I still think Dell is more likely to be uneven more than Aiyuk but I do like Dell this week. Schultz is going to get his but he's not going to target hog the other guys out of the picture. And I'm not buying on Noah Brown, we've seen this show before. Sixth year WR breakouts hold no interest for me.

Yes, I would consider it
Dell>Aiyuk
Thank you! My hunch was leaning towards Dell but worrying I’d be overthinking it like when I sat Dell last week for Douglas. But that same gut feeling helped me pick up Keaton Mitchell before his big Week 9 performance, so I’ll stick with it and accept the results as they occur. Also really helps getting the perspective from a 49ers fan. I like Aiyuk more than Dell ROS but this week I’m just worried Aiyuk will continue his disappearing act when McCaffrey and Deebo and Kittle are featured. Aiyuk feels like a better version of 2022 Diontae Johnson.

Here's one:
FFPC scoring:
Need a flex:

R.Stevenson vs Ind
B.Aiyuk @ Jax

Rhamondre>Aiyuk

Yes, I would consider it
Dell>Aiyuk
Thank you! My hunch was leaning towards Dell but worrying I’d be overthinking it like when I sat Dell last week for Douglas. But that same gut feeling helped me pick up Keaton Mitchell before his big Week 9 performance, so I’ll stick with it and accept the results as they occur. Also really helps getting the perspective from a 49ers fan. I like Aiyuk more than Dell ROS but this week I’m just worried Aiyuk will continue his disappearing act when McCaffrey and Deebo and Kittle are featured. Aiyuk feels like a better version of 2022 Diontae Johnson.
WAT?

GO RAIDERS!!!

#### the Niners

Here's one:
FFPC scoring:
Need a flex:

R.Stevenson vs Ind
B.Aiyuk @ Jax

Rhamondre>Aiyuk

Yes, I would consider it
Dell>Aiyuk
WAT?

GO RAIDERS!!!

#### the Niners
I’ve committed a cardinal sin, please forgive me lol

Idk why I thought that, were you active in the Purdy thread? Maybe that was how I reached that conclusion.

Edit- I’ve just noticed in my league scoring (non-PPR), Tank has 72 points on the season while Aiyuk has 74 points. I found it interesting that Tank has run more routes this season (189) than Aiyuk (170) despite taking fewer snaps (314) than Aiyuk (353). That’s likely due to the 49ers offense revolving around McCaffrey.

Edit 2 - My hunch is telling me it’d be a mistake to sit Aiyuk, he’s doing everything right except getting TDs and that feels like it’s due. I’ll start Aiyuk after all. Thanks even still.

Last edited:
With injuries and byes I've found myself in a pickle:

Half PPR SuperFlex:

I need a WR and a (super)Flex out of the following:

WR - Noah Brown @ CIN
WR - Demario Douglas v Indy in Germany
RB - Zach Charbonnet v Washington
QB - Aidan O'Connel v Jets

Half PPR SuperFlex:

WR - Noah Brown @ CIN
Ouch.

If Nico is out, and he was DNP two days in a row, I think Brown is the play. I don't like any of your options but Stroud is a better QB than Mac Jones, by a good margin. O'Connell just has a terrible matchup to expect much, unless you are a Josh Jacobs owner in which case I like the matchup. And Charbonnet isn't getting the touches necessary to really consider him.

If Nico plays... begrudgingly I guess Douglas might be the best play, although in that situation I may default to the QB and hope for the best.

Brown>Douglas>O'Connell>Charbonnet

ETA @RenegadeRoy : Just saw Kolton Miller is doubtful for the Raiders, IMO that's a big deal and I dropped O'Connell below Douglas

Last edited:

Half PPR SuperFlex:

WR - Noah Brown @ CIN
Ouch.

If Nico is out, and he was DNP two days in a row, I think Brown is the play. I don't like any of your options but Stroud is a better QB than Mac Jones, by a good margin. O'Connell just has a terrible matchup to expect much, unless you are a Josh Jacobs owner in which case I like the matchup. And Charbonnet isn't getting the touches necessary to really consider him.

If Nico plays... begrudgingly I guess Douglas might be the best play, although in that situation I may default to the QB and hope for the best.

Brown>O'Connell>Douglas>Charbonnet
Yeah I have Nico (and Puka) so with Nico officially out I scrambled to the wire for Brown. Lookin like it'll be St. Brown and non-sainthood Brown at WR this week for me. Thanks again!

Battle of the waiver wire WR's:

Boyd or Noah Brown

.5 PPR
Pick 'em

I lean Boyd because Noah Brown feels like it's chasing points, maybe not but to me it does. And as well as Stroud is playing, Burrow>>>Stroud. And I think Cinci is hitting their stride and, in situations like this in particular, when in doubt I back the player from the team I think is going to win.

Boyd>Brown

.5 PPR, 1 per 10 yards, 6 pt tds with bonus 2 points for 40+ yard tds - Need two flex from the following:

T McLaurin
J Dotson
T Boyd

A couple of RB decisions (standard scoring, no PPR):

1) Gibbs or Montgomery: Does Monty go back to being the primary ball carrier, even if Gibbs has a bigger role, or has Gibbs taken over the primary role?

2) Javonte Williams or Walker III: Williams looked pretty good last week and he's clearly the bell cow, but what happens if Buffalo gets a big lead, while Charbonnet has increased his role in Sea.

I went heavy RB in the draft and picked up some good RBs using FAAB, so I'm long good RBs. I also have Mixon whom I plan to start.
Thanks

.5 ppr

My entire starting team to give you some correlation context - for now starters are in bold. Got Engram in a trade yesterday so it's given me another question mark

QB: Lamar
RB: Ekeler / Bijan
WR: Aiyuk / Dell / Diontae Johnson
TE: Andrews
2 FLEX: Javonte Williams / E Engram / Davante Adams / Flowers

I don't think there's anyone who's feeling good about Adams, or Flowers games this weekend given its the Jets and Browns D.....I'm also playing the Browns D with Lamar and Andrews already going against them. I figure when Lamar fumbles 2 times I'll at least get net zero.

Comes down I think to Engram who has got something like min 8 targets in 4 straight with avg 7yrds per target - no TD's...yet, in a SF shootout and I think JAX has the kind of offence that can move the ball on SF. Or is Adams despite all the logic, a guy that needs to play because at some point he will be open and if AC can deliver the ball....

??

3rd WR , SuperFlex, .5 PPR

Addison, Godwin, London, Smith-Njigba?

Thanks
Really tough choice my friend. Like, seriously I can make an argument for and against any of these guys.

My initial thought is to be highly suspect of Josh Dobbs but then I wonder if we should be any less suspect of Mayfield, Heinicke or Smith? The answer is, no.

The other issue with Addison is the Saints are probably better (more consistent) on defense than than Tenn, Ari or Was.

Ultimately I think Addison looks like he may be the one true difference maker of your options. I really like London's talent but the Falcons have a conservative offense and, even if London gets better targets from Heinicke (no guarantee) will he get enough? London pretty much feels like hoping for a TD, a distinct possibility with his size but still he seems to have a very low floor too.

Godwin has been mostly a forgotten man in Tampa Bay, or I guess I should say within the confines of the offense he seems to be getting low quality opportunities relative to Evans and maybe even Otton. He isn't the safety valve he was for Brady, Rachaad White has that role for Baker.

JSN has been getting a reasonable amount of targets and it's a great matchup but he looks like another Godwin ATM.

Even with the tougher matchup and even with Dobbs being a newcomer to the offense, the Vikings are a pass first, pass last, pass always offense. O'Connell has demonstrated an ability to scheme his primary WRs open. If I'm going to bank on the best upside/downside combo I'll go with the guy occupying the Kupp/JJ role in his offense.

Addison>London>JSN>Godwin

.5 PPR, 1 per 10 yards, 6 pt tds with bonus 2 points for 40+ yard tds - Need two flex from the following:

T McLaurin
J Dotson
T Boyd
I think I may try to capture as much of the Commanders receiving numbers as I can. Washington is the most pass happy team in the league and they seem to have made huge improvements in their protections as Howell has gone from taking 6 sacks/game over the first 7 games to 2 sacks/game over the last two even though he has thrown an average of 9 more passes per game.

Over the last three games, since the Commanders remembered that Dotson is pretty good that combo is seeing 18 targets for a combined 11 receptions, 143 yards with 3 TDs. Considering Boyd is probably the same guy he has always been I would hate to pair him with the "wrong" Commander WR this week only to see the other guy have a big day. And I think the average performance of either McLaurin or Dotson (5-6 receptions, 75 yards, 0.5-0.66 TD) is about the best we can expect from Boyd.

Bench Boyd IMO.

Drake london against the cardinals or jakobi Meyers against the jets?
London and not thinking twice about it. Better matchup, probably a better QB and more talented. Jaokobi is having a fine season but he's not seeing nearly the same volume with O'Connell at QB and end around TD runs are highly unlikely to happen again.

London>Jakobi

I know DEFs are random number generators but:

Bills vs Broncos
or
Jets @ Raiders

Slightly favor Jets but Bills probably have easier schedule coming up. Thanks

A couple of RB decisions (standard scoring, no PPR):

1) Gibbs or Montgomery: Does Monty go back to being the primary ball carrier, even if Gibbs has a bigger role, or has Gibbs taken over the primary role?

2) Javonte Williams or Walker III: Williams looked pretty good last week and he's clearly the bell cow, but what happens if Buffalo gets a big lead, while Charbonnet has increased his role in Sea.

I went heavy RB in the draft and picked up some good RBs using FAAB, so I'm long good RBs. I also have Mixon whom I plan to start.
Thanks
Even as a Gibbs manager myself, if I was forced to choose one, it would be Montgomery. Triply so in a non-PPR format where TDs are far more important. I have no question Monty will, at the very least, still be the goal line hammer for Detroit.

Monty>Gibbbs

Why do people keep saying Charbonnet has an increased role? He had a bigger snap share over the last two games, but Walker has been dealing with a chest injury and even so the snaps went up but the utilization stayed the same. The bigger problem is the Seahawks just don't look very good on offense, even before the Ravens game. What if Washington gets up big? They don't appear to be quitting on the season and the offense has become more steady. It's not crazy to think the Commanders could win this game.

I do believe the Bills are going to come out strong and likely win this game going away but Javonte's snap counts were down only after his return from injury and have been increasing every week since (63% last week). I don't think that's simply the product of game script, I think he is the lead back and sees a minimum 50% snap share even if getting rolled. The Broncos offense does seem to be improving and he will see 3-4 targets to go along with his 15 or so carries, a volume I am not confident Walker sees.

Both are big risks
Javonte>Walker

.5 ppr

My entire starting team to give you some correlation context - for now starters are in bold. Got Engram in a trade yesterday so it's given me another question mark

QB: Lamar
RB: Ekeler / Bijan
WR: Aiyuk / Dell / Diontae Johnson
TE: Andrews
2 FLEX: Javonte Williams / E Engram / Davante Adams / Flowers

I don't think there's anyone who's feeling good about Adams, or Flowers games this weekend given its the Jets and Browns D.....I'm also playing the Browns D with Lamar and Andrews already going against them. I figure when Lamar fumbles 2 times I'll at least get net zero.

Comes down I think to Engram who has got something like min 8 targets in 4 straight with avg 7yrds per target - no TD's...yet, in a SF shootout and I think JAX has the kind of offence that can move the ball on SF. Or is Adams despite all the logic, a guy that needs to play because at some point he will be open and if AC can deliver the ball....

??
I wouldn't hold my breath for an Engram TD. On the season he has 0 targets inside the 5, 0 targets inside the 10, 0 targets inside the 15 and 1 target inside the 20. Sure, things can change maybe Pederson is an evil genius and setting up opponents to unleash Engram in the RZ for a 3 TD explosion, but that's 8 games and 61 targets of evidence. If Engram gets a TD it's because he broke one off.

Normally I would tell you to sub Engram for Flowers and hope for a return to the mean (Zay is 2nd on the Ravens with 9 RZ targets), but you are already leaning very heavy into the Ravens this week. So I can definitely see the hesitation.

And, I hate to say it but you may be right about Adams, particularly since it looks like Kolton Miller isn't going to play.

Yeah, if I was you I would stick with the lineup you have.

Good luck.

Hurting bad with byes in one league and need a standard flex. Spears/QJ/Charb
I have no clue my friend.

I probably roll with QJ because, IMO he has the best opportunity to play himself into a larger role. By a wide margin IMO.

I'm not buying the Charbonnet storyline until he actually sends Walker to the bench. IMO Walker was a little limited the last two games which is why Charbonnet was on the field more. The more telling number is the fact that his snaps went up but his utilization didn't. You can try to be ahead of the curve and start him now but, personally I'll take the wait and see approach.

Spears is what he is as long as Henry is in town.

QJ>Charbonnet>Spears

Lost Nico and Higgins

Need a 1 week replacement(hopefully)

Shakir vs DEN
Woods @ CIN
Powell vs NO
Irwin vs HOU

In .5 ppr I need to choose one of:

Diontae Johnson vs GB (trending up but GB are a run funnel and I can't imagine this will be a high scoring affair)
Hollywood Brown vs ATL (Kyler is back for the first time since 2022)
Deebo Samuel vs JAX (I also have CMC and ETN in this game)

I'm starting DK vs WAS (surely this week is his long awaited blow up) as my other WR and Monty vs LAC (tough run defense but I think he'll pick up near to where he left off on a dominant offense) as my flex.

Thanks for any input!

Lost Nico and Higgins

Shakir vs DEN
Woods @ CIN
Powell vs NO
Irwin vs HOU
My only thought is, wow your league has deep rosters.

Not Irwin, he's in on 20% of snaps or something. And I had literally never heard of him before now.

Never heard of Powell either but, at least he's in on 60% ish of snaps over his last three games. But, no idea what to expect.

Woods seems obvious but, I hate that he has a foot injury.

Shakir started the last two games for some reason and was in on 70% of snaps. He also has the best QB of the bunch and the Broncos defense may be a little better lately but they're still not good.

Shakir>Woods>Powell>Irwin

Lost Nico and Higgins

Shakir vs DEN
Woods @ CIN
Powell vs NO
Irwin vs HOU

I think Shakir and Irwin are your best bet, and it's a coin flip between them. I may go with Shakir simply to have a player going Monday.

This is Woods' first game back from a foot injury, otherwise I'd have him as the top option.

Powell caught the game winning touch down last week, but I'd be surprised if he sees more than 3 targets.

In .5 ppr I need to choose one of:

Diontae Johnson vs GB (trending up but GB are a run funnel and I can't imagine this will be a high scoring affair)
Hollywood Brown vs ATL (Kyler is back for the first time since 2022)
Deebo Samuel vs JAX (I also have CMC and ETN in this game)

I'm starting DK vs WAS (surely this week is his long awaited blow up) as my other WR and Monty vs LAC (tough run defense but I think he'll pick up near to where he left off on a dominant offense) as my flex.

Thanks for any input!
I like Monty.

I understand D.K. but he was still DNP with a hip on Thursday. I get the start, it's a good matchup but at this point in the season we do have to wonder if this is just the norm this year.

I'm in on Diontae personally. Especially with Jaire Alexander doubtful to play. 29 targets, 20 receptions, 254 yards and a TD over the last three games. My only concern is Pickens being the squeaky wheel this week. Of your options I think Diontae has the best floor and the ceiling ratio.

Brown could be a great start. I personally think Kyle's return brings a bump to the Cardinals but am I certain enough to start him over a similar options (Diontae) that I am more confident will meet his averages (at least)? IDK. He also gets great volume and Murray is an improvement over Tune (not sure about Dobbs anymore). I might start him over DK. If it was full PPR I definitely would.

Deebo has the highest ceiling for sure. But I understand your hesitation. You have the most important players on both teams (nice job BTW) so I can see waiting a week. But, you understand it could easily be a big mistake to bench him. Again, DK OTOH? Closer IMO.

Diontae>M.Brown>Deebo

12 team 1 QB league start 5 total WR & RB (min 1 RB, max 3 & min 2 WR max 4) .3 PPR with long TD bonuses
These 4 are already in:
Chase
Hall
Aiyuk @ Jax
McLaurin @ Seattle

If we agree on the above, then please pick one:
Shaheed @ Minnesota
Brian Robinson @ Seattle
Dotson @ Seattle

Not under consideration yet?
C Watson @ Pittsburgh
K Mitchell vs Cleveland
A Gibson @ Seattle

Thank you

12 team 1 QB league start 5 total WR & RB (min 1 RB, max 3 & min 2 WR max 4) .3 PPR with long TD bonuses
These 4 are already in:
Chase
Hall
Aiyuk @ Jax
McLaurin @ Seattle

Shaheed @ Minnesota
Brian Robinson @ Seattle
Dotson @ Seattle

C Watson @ Pittsburgh
K Mitchell vs Cleveland
A Gibson @ Seattle

Thank you
Probably Dotson or Shaheed. I’m not big on Wash this week though, the Seattle pass d is improved.

These 4 are already in:
Chase
Hall
Aiyuk @ Jax
McLaurin @ Seattle

Shaheed @ Minnesota
Brian Robinson @ Seattle
Dotson @ Seattle

C Watson @ Pittsburgh
K Mitchell vs Cleveland
A Gibson @ Seattle

Thank you
It looks like Michael Thomas is expected to play so I expect Shaheed's snap counts could be anywhere from 40% to 75% And his utilization will probably remain around 3 targets. He's more of a swing for the fences guy, and he pays off surprisingly often but not enough for my taste.

Brian Robinson is a fine option. He is finding the end zone with regularity but his snap counts hover around 50% (fine not great) and his utilization is all over the map. He also really isn't much use in the passing game. I could easily see rolling him out this week, particularly if you believe the Commanders will win the game, which is a distinct possibility.

Personally I have come back around on Dotson. Over the last three games he looks like the guy we drafted to hopefully emerge as a low end #1 or high end #2 WR. Also, either the o-line is playing a lot better or Sam Howell is getting rid of the ball a lot quicker (probably both), whatever the case the offense looks a lot more consistent lately. The Seahawks do have a pretty good defense, and maybe another week with Leonard Williams will make a difference but, no matter what, the Commanders are going to be throwing the ball a lot. That's just what they do.

It's very close between Dotson & Robinson for me.

Dotson>Robinson>Shaheed

Users who are viewing this thread