What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

PPR

Logan Thomas vs Sea
or
Pitts vs Ariz?
It's a push in a lot of ways but I'm leaning Pitts because of the matchup. Atlanta throws about two fewer pass attempts per game, while I think Howell has more potential as a QB, I'm not convinced he's that much better than Heinicke right now.

But Arizona's pass defense has been significantly worse than Seattle's in most every way.

Pitts>Thomas

On a 0-10 scale, 0 being not at all, whats your guess on how much I will regret dropping C Watson

about as much as I regret Jamo and then Josh Reynolds

sitting here realizing that IF JA'MARR CHASE CAN'T GO tomorrow I'm hitting a WW that has.....checks notes....zero WRs projected for more than 7.69 points. In Full PPR.

Trenton Irwin, you might just be starting tomorrow. For the Bengals and for me. Are you excited? Because I sure am.

Full PPR, I need a Flex, either

J.Cook vs Den or

N.Harris vs GB.

Originally I thought this was a no brainer for Cook but now I'm starting to lean towards Harris. I'm a pretty big favorite so I care more about a higher floor than ceiling.

On a 0-10 scale, 0 being not at all, whats your guess on how much I will regret dropping C Watson

sitting here realizing that IF JA'MARR CHASE CAN'T GO tomorrow I'm hitting a WW that has.....checks notes....zero WRs projected for more than 7.69 points. In Full PPR.

Trenton Irwin, you might just be starting tomorrow. For the Bengals and for me. Are you excited? Because I sure am.
I’m playing Irwin in some props

10 targets 8-60 last time Tee missed a game

10 targets 8-60 last time Tee missed a game
Shhhhhh

PPR league

Zay Flowers v CLE
Calvin Ridley v SF

TIA
I would go Ridley, not by a landslide. I think he has a higher upside and possibly a better floor as well.

J.Cook vs Den or

N.Harris vs GB.

Originally I thought this was a no brainer for Cook but now I'm starting to lean towards Harris. I'm a pretty big favorite so I care more about a higher floor than ceiling.
I am starting Cook everywhere I can, last chance for him in my lineup vs the juicy matchup. 🤞

I really screwed up this week, I went N Collins over Foreman. Now I need to replace Nico in FFPC TE premium league.

Gus Bus vs a really tough D, I feel like the floor is really low and ceiling not so high.

Okonkwo vs a TB D that has given up a few big games to the TE in recent weeks

pick up a FA, I Smith is sitting there and looking a decent sleeper, but not sure he’s worth a consideration.

What do you guys think? I currently have Oko as IN.

Standard league non-ppr

Kyler Murry vs Atl

or

Trevor Lawrence vs SF?
Feels pretty close to a pick 'em. The Jaguars have been pretty content to run the ball and spread it around in the passing game. They seem to be content being methodical and trying to play good defense. Lawrence is a great QB and could probably take the jump into the upper echelon of fantasy QBs but the Jags haven't needed him to be that kind of guy. The good news is they are facing a pass funnel defense and a top 5 scoring offense.

The Falcons have a middle road defense and are seem to be struggling on offense. The Cardinals could win this game. Heck, with Kyler and Conner back they probably should win this game. Two problems I see are the return of Conner who has, honestly been great and has a real nose for the end zone. He could be a real TD vulture. The other issue is Kyler possibly being a little rusty and playing his first game in a new scheme. Any offense is radically different from whatever Kingsbury thought he was doing.

Tough call

Lawrence>Kyler

J.Cook vs Den or

N.Harris vs GB.

IMO Cook has the higher floor and ceiling six games over 70 yards (three over 100) compared to two for Najee (one over 100). They each have two TDs.

Both defenses are vulnerable to the run. Green Bay gives up fewer points on the season and that holds even if you remove the Miami game entirely. While Denver defense is playing much better over their last three games, the Bills are a top five scoring and yardage offense, the Broncos are not likely to shut them down.

Cook>Najee

I really screwed up this week, I went N Collins over Foreman. Now I need to replace Nico in FFPC TE premium league.

Gus Bus vs a really tough D, I feel like the floor is really low and ceiling not so high.

Okonkwo vs a TB D that has given up a few big games to the TE in recent weeks

pick up a FA, I Smith is sitting there and looking a decent sleeper, but not sure he’s worth a consideration.

What do you guys think? I currently have Oko as IN.
I go with Gus and don't regret if it doesn't pan out. Look at his usage, unless they throttle the Browns like they did the Seahawks he should be used similarly to how he has been used all season (45%-65% of the snaps and the Lions share of RB touches). Even last week with the Seahawks showing their belly before the National Anthem was over, Gus still got two TDs. He has a low floor, for sure but so do all your other options. In that situation I'm going with the guy who has been the most consistent all year. Matchup be darned.

Gus

Four point pass TD, six point rush TD

Heinicke @ ARI
or
Levis @ TB

TIA
I feel like I wouldn’t be alone in saying that I can’t stand Arthur Smith. Heinicke can play, but I think this will finally be the Bijan game that we’ve all been waiting for.

I’d go with the upside and Will Levis.

Hey bros …

Need TE and a Flex start here. Full PPR.

Tre McBride v ATL
or
PItts @ ARZ

Choose 2 of:

Jakobi v NYJ

Demario v IND

Zay v CLE

.5 PPR, 1 per 10 yds, 6 per td plus 2 pt bonus for tds over 40

D Johnson vs GB
B Robinson (Was) @ Sea

Johnson has the tougher defensive matchup and assume Jaire Alexander covers him.

PPR, bonuses for long TDs and hitting 100 yards rushing/receiving.

Flex play:

Watson @ PIT
Ford @ BAL
Otten v. TEN (TE scoring is more favorable - i.e., bonuses at 6 catches, 70 yards, 7 pts for TDs)

Hey bros …

Need TE and a Flex start here. Full PPR.

Tre McBride v ATL
or
PItts @ ARZ

Choose 2 of:

Jakobi v NYJ

Demario v IND

Zay v CLE
I'm mostly confident that McBride's role will not change and Kyler is a much better QB than Tune.

Pitts may be okay but he simply cannot be relied upon.

McBride>Pitts

Unless you think Baltimore crushes the Browns like they did the Seahawks I'm definitely starting Zay over those two. His snap share is good and he's still seeing solid utilization. And he has the best QB of the bunch.

I am not a big Douglas fan but it's very difficult to roll out Jakobi with the rookie QB, probably no Kolton Miller and facing the Jets secondary. I probably go with the last man standing in New England here

Douglas>Jakobi

.5 PPR, 1 per 10 yds, 6 per td plus 2 pt bonus for tds over 40

D Johnson vs GB
B Robinson (Was) @ Sea

Johnson has the tougher defensive matchup and assume Jaire Alexander covers him.
Alexander is doubtful.

Brian Robinson is a good enough option if you don't like what Diontae is facing. He's scoring a surprising number of TDs for sure but he's not doing much else.

Diontae has been back for three games, he has 5, 8 & 7 catches for 79, 85 & 90 yards. After logging 129 yards in week 2 Robinson has one game with 70 yards (week 3) and one game with 79 yards (week 8). He is really TD dependent.

In a non-PPR I might go with Robinson, in a full PPR I smash start Diontae in a 0.5 PPR I'm pretty sure I still go with Diontae. I don't like relying on TDs for production.

Diontae>Br.Robinson

FFPC TE premium, 2flex positions.

Sit 1

Metcalf / Schultz / McBride

Really struggling with this one. The move would have been to sit Kmet on Thursday night. Coulda, woulda, shoulda

Sit 1

Really struggling with this one. The move would have been to sit Kmet on Thursday night. Coulda, woulda, shoulda
I see the problem and I really don't know which way I would go here.

I think, ultimately I would feel the worst if I benched DK and he finally had a big game. It's a nice matchup and he is the most talented of your options.

Shultz is probably next IMO because he's been such a hot hand, Nico is out and he's clearly their primary red zone option.

I like McBride and think he has a safe role in the offense. He should see higher quality targets with Murray too and it's a decent matchup. But apparently James Conner is also back this week and he commands a lot of red zone opportunities as well.

DK>Schultz>McBride

Morning!
Half PPR
Am I nuts for considering benching Barkley versus Dallas for Mattison versus NO? I feel the Vikings can at least be competitive.
also, bench Cooper versus Baltimore for Dell Versus cincinattii?
Have Deebo in flex but could put him at WR and play either RB I mentioned there as well.
TIA!

Sit 1

Despite it being TE premium, this HAS to be the week Metcalf explodes. Right? But if you’re hell bent on using a TE, I would use Shultz without hesitation over McBride.

Morning!
Half PPR
Am I nuts for considering benching Barkley versus Dallas for Mattison versus NO? I feel the Vikings can at least be competitive.
also, bench Cooper versus Baltimore for Dell Versus cincinattii?
Have Deebo in flex but could put him at WR and play either RB I mentioned there as well.
TIA!
I completely get it but I'm deeply hesitant to bench Barkley for Mattison. Even is the first blowout against Dallas Barkley tallied 63 yards with 3 receptions. Any offense the Giants try to generate will certainly run through Barkley.

Personally I am not convinced Mattison's utilization changes much. He had 15 opps before Cousins got hurt with 10 minutes left in the fourth and had three subsequently. Last week he had 17 opps and his snap% stayed constant.

I get it, and you should if you feel it but, for me
Barkley>Mattison

I have no problem benching Coop for Tank. I'm not sure if I would but it really does make sense on a lot of levels. It could burn you but so can any move.

Hockenson or McBride?

Just heard Hock is on a snap count, but they don't have many other options. Hard to get away from him this week.

Thoughts?

Hockenson or McBride?

Just heard Hock is on a snap count, but they don't have many other options. Hard to get away from him this week.

Thoughts?
I hate injury situations like this but Hock is a much bigger part of the offense IMO.

Hockenson>McBride

PPR, bonuses for long TDs and hitting 100 yards rushing/receiving.

Flex play:

Watson @ PIT
Ford @ BAL
Otten v. TEN (TE scoring is more favorable - i.e., bonuses at 6 catches, 70 yards, 7 pts for TDs)
bump
I can't buy into Watson at this point. It could be a huge mistake as he has a fine matchup and can break one off at any time but, at this point his performance has been a lot closer to droppable than startable.

Ford really looks like a great volume play and it also looks like he is their preferred back in the passing game too. He has also demonstrated long speed with two 69 yard gains on the season. He probably cedes GL carries to Hunt and the matchup is brutal but he should provide decent, not guaranteed, floor in PPR leagues.

Cade feels pretty safe and has a solid matchup at home. You're hoping for a TD, and he does see RZ work but Godwin and Evans see more (16 targets combined inside the 15 to 3 for Otton), inside the 5 Otton has two targets, Evans has two and Godwin three.

If you want the home run definitely go with Watson but for safer floor/ceiling ratios I like
Ford>Otton>Watson

Kincaid over Hock in PPR?
Y'know, Kincaid looked to be taking over the TE receiving role before Knox got hurt and he has looked very good over the last two weeks. It's also a solid matchup. It's a bigger risk as Hock is probably a bigger piece of the Minnesota offense, but he's on a snap count (allegedly) and it is still a very new QB to this offense regardless of what we saw last week.

Kincaid>Hock

Users who are viewing this thread