What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

I just cant get on board with any Detroit skill players. They are so depleted and Denver is not a walk in the park. Could totally see Denver having 40 minutes time of possession in mile high and the lions barely having 250 yards of offense. Someone give me another reason to play any Detroit player 
That's a really vague question.  Let's @BobbyLayne because it's out of scope for me in this thread.

All I can say is there will be opportunities for, maybe Amon Ra St Brown if Hock is out.  And one of the RBs should get some real volume.

One league .5ppr I have to decide between a “fresh” Julio and Van Jefferson.

Full PPR have to choose between Mooney, Foreman, Jeff Wilson or Julio in the flex.

Full PPR have to choose between Mooney, Foreman, Jeff Wilson or Julio in the flex.
I need to see Julio play four quarters before I am willing to recommend him.  You may lose out on an explosive game but that's how I feel.

Jefferson has been consistently getting 6-8 targets and has improved since OBJ came to the team.

Van Jefferson>Julio

There is no reason to bench Mooney...However ARob is back this week, Fields is back under center, Montgomery took a stupid amount of touches last week and it is a very difficult road matchup.  Plus side is Chicago should be in catch up mode although that didn't help last week v Arizona.

I have been leaning Foreman this week over Jeff Wilson (and Rashaad Penny) and that opinion hasn't changed...YET!

Foreman looks like his role is secure until Henry returns for the real playoffs.  He wasn't taken out against New England even when Tennessee was in "catch-up" mode. McNichols is returning which, IMO means more special teams work for Hilliard (who was returning kicks against New England too). This should, at worst be a close game that Tenn could lose (see: Texans, Houston) or one that Tennessee rolls.  Either way it appears to be a recipe for running.

I'm probably too bearish on Wilson, but that's just where I am.  If Deebo is out I may change that opinion.

Foreman>Mooney>Wilson

Standard league in first place would have to lose and two people win to lose my bye. Would you guys drop Stevenson or ne defense to grab a replacement te for hock? Projected to win without a te atm. 

I don't see an injury designation for Everett on MFL.

Two fumbles shouldn't be ignored but... Griffin? I honestly had to look up what team he was playing for.
Yeah, I meant hurt the team not got hurt. 
still he’s probably the better play. 👍🏽

Totally understand the concern but I’d roll with Julio as he’ll be Tanny’s go to. 

mooney has been great this year. I’d roll with him for the upside. Foreman if you prefer a safe floor. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just cant get on board with any Detroit skill players. They are so depleted and Denver is not a walk in the park. Could totally see Denver having 40 minutes time of possession in mile high and the lions barely having 250 yards of offense. Someone give me another reason to play any Detroit player 

6 on the Covid list (just added two more), bunch of guys out including their two best playmakers, roughly 25 flu cases this week that in most cases caused guys to miss 2 of the 3 full practices. Their “weapons” are 1) the worst WR room in the league, 2) a rookie UDFA starting at TE, and 3) a 7th rounder + 2 UDFAs at RB. All that and Jared Goff driving the clown car, versus a pretty darn good Broncos D. At altitude. Coming off their first win, and four weeks in which the game went down to the final minutes / final play (let down)?

They're gonna have to dig deep just to keep the score respectable. But they are pretty scrappy. Other than the Eagles blowout they’ve been able to put together at least one good half. 8-4 ATS. Up against Teddy who has been hurt and/or not playing well of late.

Expecting Javonte to go off and Denver to cruse.  But hey, any given Sunday. Never know when your what-the-heck Lions scrub might rack up some garbage t8m3 points.

But gun to my head I’d say you’re probably correct.

Weebs210 said:
Standard league in first place would have to lose and two people win to lose my bye. Would you guys drop Stevenson or ne defense to grab a replacement te for hock? Projected to win without a te atm. 
What are your other RBs? Would you even consider starting Stevenson or is he like a lottery ticket? What's your other DST? Are you starting Pats rest of playoffs?  Honestly, I had Hockenson but had to drop him for Schultz this week since my rosters lock. I'm wondering if that hand injury is a multi week thing so maybe you really should think about getting a backup TE but that depends on your options. If this week only and you can pickup a TE next week, it really depends on how much cushion you have. Personally, if its at all conceivable that I could lose my bye I pickup a TE and deal with tomorrow's problem tomorrow.

Double said:

Van Jefferson. I don't think OBJ is the #2 in this offense. He doesn't seem to be as ingrained as Van Jefferson. Julio and Titans have to prove that they can pass and get you points first. 

Full PPR. Probably Mooney. I go with the guy who has the best history this year. Mooney at least put up a few stud games although he got bottled up against AZ. Foreman and Wilson just seem risky to me. Don't think Jacksonville is that easy to run over despite the fact that its Jags plus Hilliard / Foreman not sure how their committee will work. Julio, again, Mooney seems safer because you're gambling on Julio 's health and how ready he is. He could put up a real stinker first game back.

PPR - who has better Flex appeal, Gallup or Aman-Ra?

is it better to be the head of a lion or the tale of a mouse (Er, Cowboy)?

Guillotine league Full PPR. Last week where I can get chopped. Last week scores were up to 120 points. This week points projected at 140+ for all teams so the floor is creeping up as it seems like I almost need the guys who are most likely to have high point games to survive.

For Flex, choosing between 

Barkley vs LAC - Best matchup, Glennon is back at least. However, Barkley looks terrible and so does the NYG offense...

Conner vs STL - He's been very stable without Edmonds. I wish they just ruled Edmonds out so I could start Conner for sure. With it being a Monday game, not sure I have those details until then. Maybe role with Conner over Barkley anyway because Edmonds probably limited?

Robinson vs TEN - least favorite. potential low volume due to Meyer and tough matchup.

Chase vs SF - Last week could have been huge had he not bobbled the for sure TD. However, he has been down lately so I"m thinking he'll likely get 10 points PPR (60 yards 4 catches or something). 

OR

I drop Henderson and pickup Michel vs ARI and start him over all these guys. No issues with volume and he looked good last week. However, I'm sure game script won't be as favorable as it was vs JAGs so he may not get that many carries. Plus not sure what happens next week vs SEA and after... Rosters lock this week so whoever I choose I ride or die with until week 17 and no one can pickup Henderson.

12-team PPR. Waddle and Eagles RBs on bye. Lost E. Moore and Henderson today. So I need to start 2 of Breida, Callaway and Peoples-Jones. What say you all?

Guillotine league Full PPR. Last week where I can get chopped. Last week scores were up to 120 points. This week points projected at 140+ for all teams so the floor is creeping up as it seems like I almost need the guys who are most likely to have high point games to survive.

Barkley vs LAC - Best matchup, Glennon is back at least. However, Barkley looks terrible and so does the NYG offense...

Conner vs STL - He's been very stable without Edmonds. I wish they just ruled Edmonds out so I could start Conner for sure. With it being a Monday game, not sure I have those details until then. Maybe role with Conner over Barkley anyway because Edmonds probably limited?

Robinson vs TEN - least favorite. potential low volume due to Meyer and tough matchup.

Chase vs SF - Last week could have been huge had he not bobbled the for sure TD. However, he has been down lately so I"m thinking he'll likely get 10 points PPR (60 yards 4 catches or something). 

OR

I drop Henderson and pickup Michel vs ARI and start him over all these guys. No issues with volume and he looked good last week. However, I'm sure game script won't be as favorable as it was vs JAGs so he may not get that many carries. Plus not sure what happens next week vs SEA and after... Rosters lock this week so whoever I choose I ride or die with until week 17 and no one can pickup Henderson.
I'd probably do barkley over sony just because I can't quit barkley and Lac can't defend rbs lol

Weebs210 said:
Probably not. Although some in your league may think that you are helping others or trying to hurt other owners by not doing everything you can to win this week.

Don't listen to those guys.

PPR - who has better Flex appeal, Gallup or Aman-Ra?

is it better to be the head of a lion or the tale of a mouse (Er, Cowboy)?
Someone has to catch the ball in Detroit, right?

I think Gallup's last three games are a mirage. With both CeeDee and Amari in the lineup along with Shultz & Zeke (not to mention McCarthy and his stupid guarantee against one of the hottest teams in football) and I don't know where Gallup finds his opportunities.

I get it, Gallup has some talent and has had some explosive games and if your league were standard I would suggest him.

In PPR I think Gallup is too TD dependent.

Amon Ra>Gallup

Someone has to catch the ball in Detroit, right?

I think Gallup's last three games are a mirage. With both CeeDee and Amari in the lineup along with Shultz & Zeke (not to mention McCarthy and his stupid guarantee against one of the hottest teams in football) and I don't know where Gallup finds his opportunities.

I get it, Gallup has some talent and has had some explosive games and if your league were standard I would suggest him.

In PPR I think Gallup is too TD dependent.

Amon Ra>Gallup
You echo my thoughts exactly here...take away the amazing TD grab by Gallup and he's a 7 point play in week 13. I wouldn't say it's a mirage - he has talent....but he's too TD dependent & the last couple weeks he's benefitted from injuries to others. 

That said, Pollard might be out (foot) and Zeke reportedly is gimpy with a legit knee problem. I can't help but wonder if Gallup would be next in the pecking order over the TEs. That said that said, Brown was also getting a lot of looks last week. and THAT said, Brown hit the IR, but Ced Wilson is back this week as well. 

I'm likely gonna walk like an Egyptian with Amon-Ra this week. 

OR

You have a lot of tough calls.

I am not sure about all the nuance of of a guillotine league, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it's really all about getting to the next week, right? Roster locking sucks but it sucks more to not be playing next week.

I do like the #1 RB for the Rams, be it Michel or Henderson. And if Henderson isn't vaccinated he will miss next week too (he probably is but that info could be helpful). But I don't know if I like him enough considering your other options.

I don't like Barkley. I mean, sure the matchup is great but hasn't he hurt his owners is 7 of 9 games this season? Just so tough to count on him.

Haven't we all been waiting for the wheels to fall off the Conner wagon all season? He performs even with Edmonds in the lineup, albeit he is far more TD dependent. 

Robinson is an interesting case and I think this game will tell us a lot about Meyer's ego. I mean Robinson is, by far the Jags most talented offensive player, right? Is he really only going to get 12 opportunities again after last week's debacleing? Or is the heel really going him back? IDK

Defenses have definitely figured out Chase, as much as he can be figured out that is. But you don't have another player who can change his fortune as quickly as Chase. But Burrows's finger...ugh

Yeah, tough calls. All pretty much great options and there isn't really a bad choice merely bad outcomes. Any betting person would take the field over whoever you end up starting.

But you come here for answers so...

Yeah I think you roll Barkley. He doesn't have an injury designation, he gets targets, he is running well and has a great matchup.

Barkley>Chase>Michel>Conner>Robinson

12-team PPR. Waddle and Eagles RBs on bye. Lost E. Moore and Henderson today. So I need to start 2 of Breida, Callaway and Peoples-Jones. What say you all?
Peoples-Jones absolutely for me against that depleted Ravens secondary.

Then Callaway for the matchup.

If you knew that Buffalo was going to not activate Moss then maybe Breida but N.O..has an early start and Buffalo a late one so you have to assume another three RB committee.

DPJ>Callaway>Breida

Full PPR - Need 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex

RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire vs Raiders (1 PM)
RB Kareem Hunt vs Ravens (1 PM)
RB Sony Michel at Cardinals (Monday)
RB AJ Dillon vs Bears (8 PM)
RB Samaje Perine vs 49ers (4 PM)
RB Godwin Igwebuike at Broncos (4 PM)

WR Justin Jefferson (locked)
WR Tyler Lockett at Texans (1 PM)
WR Jerry Jeudy vs Lions (4 PM)
WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling vs Bears (8 PM)
WR Amon-Ra St. Brown at Broncos (4 PM)

I think I am all in on CEH, Justin Jefferson and Tyler Lockett.  So that leaves 1 RB, 1 WR and 1 Flex to fill.

Kareem Hunt is behind Chubb, but Hunt might get more passing work with Jarvis Landry banged up (DNP, LP, LP) but Landry does not have a Questionable designation.  Baker should be a little healthier too after the Bye.  Harrison Bryant, Anthony Schwartz and Njoku are all out this week so fewer pass catchers available.

AJ Dillon seems to have pulled into a near 50-50 with Aaron Jones, and if the Packers can get up big on the Bears he might be the closer.

Samaje Perine a possibility because Mixon was DNP all week with an illness, but every indication is that Mixon will play.  Perine is also a decent hold as lottery ticket if Mixon goes down.

Sony Michel looking good now that Henderson is out, but even though Michel must be vaxxed (or he would already be declared out as a close contact), it's still possible he tests positive between now and then, and since it's Monday night there would be no option to pivot to anybody good (although he is currently in my Flex spot, so possible pivots on the WW would include A.J. Green, Rondale Moore, or Mekhi Sargent, who would after all be the starting RB if Michel and Henderson are both out).

MVS is interesting because Davante Adams was LP all 3 practices with a hamstring, although he is not listed at all on the injury report so is presumably a full go, but you never know with hamstrings.  And MVS does seem to be the solid second option in the passing game, and is one of those "you only need 1 play" deep options.

Amon-Ra St. Brown had a breakout game last week, and Lions will probably get squashed by the Broncos so probably want to throw a lot.  If Hockenson, Jamaal Williams and Swift are all out, the competition for targets isn't very high.

Also, must win for me this week, and my opponent has a strong roster, so I think I need to go for upside.

I have choose between Tenn v Jax and NO v NYJ. Which of these two melts down the most?
It's really a pick your poison decision. They are virtually identical statistically.

There isn't a wrong choice.

Saints have a great matchup. No Moore, no Carter, no Davis, no Coleman even. That is virtually all the Jets offensive firepower.

Jacksonville is not merely so depleted on offense but that doesn't mean they're any good. I think even though they have been schizophrenic and lost to two terrible teams Tennessee simply has more to play for.

Another situation where there isn't a wrong call IMO.

Push comes to shove I lean home team coming off the bye.

Tenn>N.O. but go with your gut.

You echo my thoughts exactly here...take away the amazing TD grab by Gallup and he's a 7 point play in week 13. I wouldn't say it's a mirage - he has talent....but he's too TD dependent & the last couple weeks he's benefitted from injuries to others. 

That said, Pollard might be out (foot) and Zeke reportedly is gimpy with a legit knee problem. I can't help but wonder if Gallup would be next in the pecking order over the TEs. That said that said, Brown was also getting a lot of looks last week. and THAT said, Brown hit the IR, but Ced Wilson is back this week as well. 

I'm likely gonna walk like an Egyptian with Amon-Ra this week. 
I still can’t decide. 
:doh:

OK, few decisions to make, some nasty ones due to injuries etc. First up, half PPR, need RB and flex:

• Hunt vs Ravens
  • Gallup @ WFT
  • Dillon vs Bears
Leaning bench Gallup as the other two should rate to get volume and I can't see Hunt getting quite so poor usage after an additional week of rest

PPR horror show, need one:

• Johnson vs Saints
  • Edmonds vs Rams
Leaning Johnson simply because we don't really know what Edmonds' workload, if any, is going to be like and having used Mattison already I can't risk another complete dud

Finally a nicer one, PPR, need RB and flex:

• Freeman @ Browns
  • Robinson @ Titans
  • Hopkins vs Rams
Leaning leave Nuk out until we can see he's got more than a couple of targets in a game and just taking the safer volume plays given I have Cousins/Jefferson in the bank already

OK, few decisions to make, some nasty ones due to injuries etc. First up, half PPR, need RB and flex:

• Hunt vs Ravens
  • Gallup @ WFT
  • Dillon vs Bears
Leaning bench Gallup as the other two should rate to get volume and I can't see Hunt getting quite so poor usage after an additional week of rest

• Johnson vs Saints
  • Edmonds vs Rams
Leaning Johnson simply because we don't really know what Edmonds' workload, if any, is going to be like and having used Mattison already I can't risk another complete dud

• Freeman @ Browns
  • Robinson @ Titans
  • Hopkins vs Rams
Leaning leave Nuk out until we can see he's got more than a couple of targets in a game and just taking the safer volume plays given I have Cousins/Jefferson in the bank already
Hunt, Dillon, edmonds, Robinson, Hopkins 

Choosing the "best nfl players"

need to start 2 from Julio Jones (do i dare trust him), Guyton with Allen out and Bradberry probably on Williams and Gallup. I'm leaning towards sitting Gallup. 

Ppr Mooney versus Van Jefferson? Mooney has Fields in at QB playing against GB. I worry about Beckham doing more each week as he gets into the offense, plus the Cardinal Defense. 

Julio vs DJ Moore in 0.5 ppr? Yeah I know the safe play is Moore but I have a sneaky feeling about Julio. They both have great matchups.

Sony vs Monty in 0.5 ppr? Last week I chose Monty but the matchup vs GB seems tougher.

Julio vs DJ Moore in 0.5 ppr? Yeah I know the safe play is Moore but I have a sneaky feeling about Julio. They both have great matchups.

Sony vs Monty in 0.5 ppr? Last week I chose Monty but the matchup vs GB seems tougher.

I wouldn't trust Julio until I've seen him do something. If you need to swing for the fences in your matchup then what the hell, go for it

Would pick Montgomery

I wonder how healthy Julio is and would probably take a chance on him if I knew he was going to be 100%. I am also a little worried about Cam at QB because he is inconsistent. I probably would stick with Moore but you should go with your gut.

Another tough decision and I might lean Sony because Monty has been a little banged up.

PPR 

Mooney @ GB
Beckham @ Ari
Hunt vs Baltimore

Need 1 WR and 1 Flex Going back and forth on this one. 

Playoffs start this week. I had a good start on Thur with Harris and Jefferson.

Lamar Jackson or Taysom Hill?

Jackson stunk it up last time out against the Browns and has not played well the last few weeks; essentially he is due.

Hill has scored points essentially every time he plays, but in an ugly way; Against the Jets today and with Kamara back, he may not need to do much.

I'm leaning with what got me here.

Thoughts?

need to start 2 from Julio Jones (do i dare trust him), Guyton with Allen out and Bradberry probably on Williams and Gallup. I'm leaning towards sitting Gallup. 
I don't know about sitting Gallup. As hot sauce guy said Pollard being out and Zeke being gimpy might give him more opportunities. With Williams active I don't know how many opportunities Guyton will get because Palmer will probably get more work and he will remain the deep threat. I don't fully trust Julio but I might take a shot on his upside and sit Guyton. 

6pt TD, .5 PPR

Russel Gage or Michael Gallup.

My gut says Gage since he's the #1 Receiver as opposed to the #3/4 option in Dallas.

Playoffs start this week. I had a good start on Thur with Harris and Jefferson.

Lamar Jackson or Taysom Hill?

Jackson stunk it up last time out against the Browns and has not played well the last few weeks; essentially he is due.

Hill has scored points essentially every time he plays, but in an ugly way; Against the Jets today and with Kamara back, he may not need to do much.

I'm leaning with what got me here.

Thoughts?
I picked up Hill and seriously considered starting him over Rodgers this week but I ended up having to drop him because I needed the roster spot and Rodgers owns the Bears. I love Hill this week and think he has an amazing matchup. He will probably have close to 100 yards rushing and possibly a TD or 2 on the ground. I don't know if he can throw accurately but even if he has 1 TD and 200 yards you are looking at about 20 points as his floor (assuming no injury). This is just my take on the matter so I think he could easily be a top 5 QB this week. I wouldn't worry about Kamara much and think he could get a lot of screen passes thrown his way and possibly score on one. 

Jackson is struggling but he is really tough to bench but since you are off to a great start I would strongly consider this even though it probably goes against most "experts" advice.

I picked up Hill and seriously considered starting him over Rodgers this week but I ended up having to drop him because I needed the roster spot and Rodgers owns the Bears. I love Hill this week and think he has an amazing matchup. He will probably have close to 100 yards rushing and possibly a TD or 2 on the ground. I don't know if he can throw accurately but even if he has 1 TD and 200 yards you are looking at about 20 points as his floor (assuming no injury). This is just my take on the matter so I think he could easily be a top 5 QB this week. 

Jackson is struggling but he is really tough to bench but since you are off to a great start I would strongly consider this even though it probably goes against most "experts" advice.
Struggling myself with Stafford or Hill. My head is telling me Stafford but heart says Hill. Have hill in right now 

Full PPR - Need 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex

RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire vs Raiders (1 PM)
RB Kareem Hunt vs Ravens (1 PM)
RB Sony Michel at Cardinals (Monday)
RB AJ Dillon vs Bears (8 PM)
RB Samaje Perine vs 49ers (4 PM)
RB Godwin Igwebuike at Broncos (4 PM)

WR Justin Jefferson (locked)
WR Tyler Lockett at Texans (1 PM)
WR Jerry Jeudy vs Lions (4 PM)
WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling vs Bears (8 PM)
WR Amon-Ra St. Brown at Broncos (4 PM)

I think I am all in on CEH, Justin Jefferson and Tyler Lockett.  So that leaves 1 RB, 1 WR and 1 Flex to fill.

Kareem Hunt is behind Chubb, but Hunt might get more passing work with Jarvis Landry banged up (DNP, LP, LP) but Landry does not have a Questionable designation.  Baker should be a little healthier too after the Bye.  Harrison Bryant, Anthony Schwartz and Njoku are all out this week so fewer pass catchers available.

AJ Dillon seems to have pulled into a near 50-50 with Aaron Jones, and if the Packers can get up big on the Bears he might be the closer.

Samaje Perine a possibility because Mixon was DNP all week with an illness, but every indication is that Mixon will play.  Perine is also a decent hold as lottery ticket if Mixon goes down.

Sony Michel looking good now that Henderson is out, but even though Michel must be vaxxed (or he would already be declared out as a close contact), it's still possible he tests positive between now and then, and since it's Monday night there would be no option to pivot to anybody good (although he is currently in my Flex spot, so possible pivots on the WW would include A.J. Green, Rondale Moore, or Mekhi Sargent, who would after all be the starting RB if Michel and Henderson are both out).

MVS is interesting because Davante Adams was LP all 3 practices with a hamstring, although he is not listed at all on the injury report so is presumably a full go, but you never know with hamstrings.  And MVS does seem to be the solid second option in the passing game, and is one of those "you only need 1 play" deep options.

Amon-Ra St. Brown had a breakout game last week, and Lions will probably get squashed by the Broncos so probably want to throw a lot.  If Hockenson, Jamaal Williams and Swift are all out, the competition for targets isn't very high.

Also, must win for me this week, and my opponent has a strong roster, so I think I need to go for upside.

Too many options for a long write up.

Michel, Dillon, assuming you started Jefferson, Lockett

Amon-Ra for PPR floor or MVS for bigger upside (go with your gut there). I lean MVS because the Lions are so depleted they may get shut out.

Flex - CEH. Chiefs are playing too darn well to ignore their skill position players.

Struggling myself with Stafford or Hill. My head is telling me Stafford but heart says Hill. Have hill in right now 
I personally would go with Hill in that case. I am glad that I had to drop Hill because I needed the roster spot due to the Waller injury because I don't have to make that decision now. My roster is full of handcuffs so I have nobody to drop (Zeke, Pollard, Henderson, Michel, & Pittman on Bye)

Too many options for a long write up.

Michel, Dillon, assuming you started Jefferson, Lockett

Amon-Ra for PPR floor or MVS for bigger upside (go with your gut there). I lean MVS because the Lions are so depleted they may get shut out.

Flex - CEH. Chiefs are playing too darn well to ignore their skill position players.
Sleeping in this morning?  I was about to post an APB.

Thanks again for all you do here.

Like others with Taysom Hill, I have a decision to make.  All TDs 6 points.  Mine is Hill vs. Rodgers.  Have Rodgers in there now but Hill is pulling me.  Good chance he's involved in every TD.  Low scoring game possibly in GB and if the RBs rush in or def scores, how much will Rodgers even throw? But Rodgers has been playing great of late and hard to bench.

• Hunt vs Ravens
  • Gallup @ WFT
  • Dillon vs Bears

• Johnson vs Saints
  • Edmonds vs Rams

• Freeman @ Browns
  • Robinson @ Titans
  • Hopkins vs Rams
1) Agree. Bench Gallup

2) I love watching Edmonds but so many targets in Arizona and so few in NY. It seems like Johnson has the backfield all to himself. No Moore, no Davis (Carter or Coleman).

Johnson>Edmonds

3) Tough to agree but I do. Hopkins isn't a double digit target guy in Arizona anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread