What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 Wild Card Long Shots! (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
So with the random injuries and suspensions happening at the worst possible time (Gronk, Ingram, Ertz, etc), what are everyone's shot in the dark, wing and a prayer, hail Mary pick ups for this week?

Jimmy G really changes the dynamic in SF. I'm keeping a close eye/stashing Goodwin/Taylor in some leagues because I really do think the potential is there for them to finish strong save the week 16 match-up vs. JAC. 

Dede Westbrook is a long shot candidate vs SEA.  SEA D is DVOA 27 against WR2 this year which is by far their worst DVOA category.

I’m starting Anderson this week. Also stills in over diggs. Stills may not qualify for a super long shot but I didn’t think I’d be making this decision weeks ago. 

Considering Anderson over ASJ and Brate(lost Gronk)

Also firing up gio over Freeman/Coleman

Might play Amendola over Diggs and Evans

Who dares wins. 

Considering Anderson over ASJ and Brate(lost Gronk)

Also firing up gio over Freeman/Coleman

Might play Amendola over Diggs and Evans

Who dares wins. 
I might play both freeman and coleman this week.  LOVE the falcons run game against the saints D this week.

My opponent landed both Goodwin & Anderson and he beats me all the time so get them in your lineups boys.

wildcards for deeper leagues, or bigger balls only ...

K  Robbie Gould - was 5/5 in his return to Chicago last week, and now gets to kick in the Houston dome. Jimmy G and co. are moving the ball well, but were woefully inefficient cashing in last week - should give Gould some more quality chances today.

D Indianapolis - up in the freezing snow globe vs. the real Peterman.

RB Andre Ellington (PPR only)  - Braxton Miller, Bruce Ellington, Fedora, Blue all out today, Fuller returns.  he hauled in 5 of 6 targets last week, for 56 yds ... talk of him being the slot WR in some packages today. B.A. was using him there in the preseason, so, he's familiar with the route tree.

WR Chester Rogers - no Moncrief today, where have you gone T.Y. Hilton?

TE  David Njoku - lotta wind vs. Green Bay, maybe some of those errant Kizer tosses intended for Flash get blown back to the Njoku here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup TE cost me big this week. Should have stuck with what worked last time Ertz was out. On to the next round in 2/3 money leagues at least.

Users who are viewing this thread