What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 8 WW Pickups (1 Viewer)

At first glance:

Jordan Reed(if still available)

Roy Helu(should be owned in 12 team ppr leagues, but if he's available he's a must-add)

Mike James(if Martin's status is out or looks iffy)

Brandon Bolden(also already owned in a lot of PPR leagues, but he got a decent amount of GL work and is good for a few receptions)

Why would anyone want mike James? Martin is a much better talent and he was having a down year on that pitiful team. What makes you think James will come in and do well?

Really pissed Boykin got the late TD. Was hoping to sneak him in for a couple bucks, now it's gonna be a feeding frenzy.

Brandon Gibson has been a reasonably high floor PPR guy this year. Two TDs today.

Really pissed Boykin got the late TD. Was hoping to sneak him in for a couple bucks, now it's gonna be a feeding frenzy.

Brandon Gibson has been a reasonably high floor PPR guy this year. Two TDs today.
I'm pissed because my opponent is going to beat me thanks to those extra pts.

Finley down time to pick up another GB back up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boykin, Reed and James. Ivory will get a lot of grabs, but people will regret that.

Reed is gonna make a lot of people screwed at TE happy.

Have not heard anything about Jimmy Graham, but I like Kenny Stills as a sleeper in week 8 if Graham can't go. Home vs. Buffalo.

Why would anyone want mike James? Martin is a much better talent and he was having a down year on that pitiful team. What makes you think James will come in and do well?
It depends on how much time Marin misses. James is better than an inactive Martin.

Bostick ? Bloom mentioned him on one of the podcasts this week. That's if Finley injury is serious
even if its just a concussion, It would be Finley's 2nd concussion of the year which isn't good
I read it was a neck injury.
Neck injury or concussion. Either way we have to assume Finley misses a week or two. And Bostik should be out there in a lot of leagues. I happened to snag him in 2 deep dynasty leagues based on Bloom's recommendation earlier this week. Interested to see if the guy gets a real shot.

Ivory or Zac Stacy? Stacy has the gauntlet of run defenses coming up. I just don't trust Ivory to stay healthy but he did tote the rock like 34 times today.

I wish Romo could reacquire his mojo from the waiver wire
What a useful post.

To add some content...

Mike Tolbert was already receiving short yardage attempts and a few pass targets, but he was much more involved today, getting 13 carries and looking better than Deangelo. I don't expect him to take the starting job, but he gets enough opportunities to be a solid bench RB for emergency situations.

Tim Tebow

Per RotoWorld:

According to NFL.com's Mike Silver, the Rams have at least internally discussed the possibility of signing free agent QB Tim Tebow.

This isn't the first time we've heard of a link between the Rams and Tebow. And now that Sam Bradford (knee) is down for possibly a significant amount of time, the rumors are heating back up. The only other quarterback on the Rams' roster is Kellen Clemens, someone Tebow could conceivably start over. Silver said Sunday night that he doesn't expect a signing to happen, but it's a story to monitor for more than just a tabloid story. Tebow's legs make him a better fantasy quarterback than real-life signal-caller.
Source: Mike Silver on Twitter
Oct 20 - 8:26 PM
/ yeah, I know :bag:

He's floundered for a few years now, but with so few RB options out there, Daniel Thomas might be worth a speculative pickup. He got more carries than Miller yesterday, and seemed to be running well.

Plus, Miller is looking like another sleeper gone awry. And for a team that likes to run the ball, Thomas should at least get the goal line carries.

Tim Tebow

Per RotoWorld:

According to NFL.com's Mike Silver, the Rams have at least internally discussed the possibility of signing free agent QB Tim Tebow.

This isn't the first time we've heard of a link between the Rams and Tebow. And now that Sam Bradford (knee) is down for possibly a significant amount of time, the rumors are heating back up. The only other quarterback on the Rams' roster is Kellen Clemens, someone Tebow could conceivably start over. Silver said Sunday night that he doesn't expect a signing to happen, but it's a story to monitor for more than just a tabloid story. Tebow's legs make him a better fantasy quarterback than real-life signal-caller.
Source: Mike Silver on Twitter
Oct 20 - 8:26 PM
/ yeah, I know :bag:
Yeah, because Kellen Clemens is much better. Tebow knows how to win, more than Bradford, and Clemens is a journeyman for a reason as well.

Trade high on the Jordan Reed you picked up last week.

Or join the masses in picking him up a week late, if he's still available.

Definitely worth picking up IMO if you are in need at TE.

What about Chris Ivory? He carried the ball over 30 times and the Jets won the game.....I have to think he will see an increase in opportunities moving forward.

What about Chris Ivory? He carried the ball over 30 times and the Jets won the game.....I have to think he will see an increase in opportunities moving forward.
Hard to say. Saw a quote yesterday that said Ryan was going with the hot hand. Maybe this will be Ivory's chance to get the job back? If you need a RB, I think he's worth a gamble.

Personally as a Jimmy Graham owner I'm looking at Reed and Heath Miller.
I'm usually one that hates the people saying this but... Miller should be owned in more or less every 10 team or greater league. He finished as TE4 last season. If he's somehow out there in your league go get him. He should have been snagged after returning from his injury or the week after that. Even if you're not a Graham owner he's worth a pickup as a bye/week flex option in all 10 team or more leagues.

Ivory was definitely running strong, but Powell was being kept out for precautionary reasons due to a neck injury. So unless Powell is out - which nothing indicates he will be - expect some sort of RBBC going forward.

In all seriousness, the answer in a lot of leagues this time of year is whoever got dropped that shouldn't have been.

Trade high on the Jordan Reed you picked up last week.

Or join the masses in picking him up a week late, if he's still available.

Definitely worth picking up IMO if you are in need at TE.
Not sure I'd sell high depending on your situation. Reed looks very promising in that Skins offense.

Coby Fleener again is worth a pickup. Colts will still have to throw with how ineffective their run has been and Hilton/DHB just aren't guys who will consistently pick up medium chunks of yardage. If Fleener doesn't produce now, I have my doubts he will ever do it

DHB for now

With a bye week coming up, I'd expect the Colts to act fast on getting someone in there if they're going to do so. But man, that Trent deal may end up preventlng them for doing much. If they don't make a move, the guy I'd look to step up a bit is Griff Whalen (currently on Colts PS). He's a slot/possession type that went to school with Luck. If we're looking to someone that'll fill the "Wayne role", he may fit best from what they've got. He's a guy to keep an eye on here if they don't make a move.

Boykin.

Roger's targeted him all day Sunday. With Finely, Jones, Cobb out who else is he going to throw to.

As a T-rich, Demarco owner I am breaking my FAAB bank of $55 out of $100 on James Davis. All in.

Users who are viewing this thread