What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Are Companies Doing About Vaccine Mandates? (1 Viewer)

Having private companies enforce vaccine mandates seems like a typical conservative response to problem solving, and it’s usually effective: But in this situation I would prefer laws that required everyone to be vaccinated. 

These are the legal distinctions necessary to differentiate between the vaccine's approval for those 16+ and EAU use for 12-15 years old.  Once approval is given for 12-15 this verbiage will go away.  Once it's EAU is approved for 5-11 it will be added back.  Once 5-11 is approved, it will go away etc etc. 
You're just assuming all this. Point remains it's not FDA approved. Comirnaty is, but remains unavailable in the US. I can NOT go get a fully FDA approved vaccine today.

Media tricking people into thinking its fully approved is shameful. 

You're just assuming all this. Point remains it's not FDA approved. Comirnaty is, but remains unavailable in the US. I can NOT go get a fully FDA approved vaccine today.

So are you getting it once Comirnaty is available, or once the US version has FDA approval?

If not, why are you even discussing this?

So are you getting it once Comirnaty is available, or once the US version has FDA approval?

If not, why are you even discussing this?
Comirnady isnt coming out this year. There is no release date. Mandates go into effect before then. Seems sketchy.

Because there is NO FDA approved vaccine currently available. You guys like to gloss over that

So now we have moved on from "I will take the vaccine once it is FDA approved" to, well, this is "legally" a different version, thus I won't take it. Shocking
You missed the part where the FDA says the Pfizer vaccine isnt FDA approved. Shocking. 

That kind of answers my question. There are more protections under FDA approval. The current vaccines being given arent FDA approved "legally"

The drug companies have immunity from liability for this vaccine.  That alone should give you pause.  

As far as FDA approval goes, the FDA reviews the clinical and non-clinical package submitted by the drug companies.  The drug companies are under no obligation to submit all the data they have.  Usually, by the time it reaches Phase 3 though, the drug companies have a pretty good idea of the drugs safety and efficacy in humans since they've spent years assessing it in other species.

That being said, FDA approval doesn't mean safe.  One of the drugs I worked on, Fenfluramine was approved by the FDA in the 70s.  It was a diet drug that was combined with Phentermine (Fen-Phen).  It worked great and was a miracle diet pill.  There were pop up weight loss medical facilities that were in business solely to prescribe Fen-Phen.  We sued some 25 years after it was on the market when it was found to cause mitral valve prolapse and was killing people.  Surprisingly, the FDA in 2020 approved its use for treating other diseases even after it was shown to kill people.  So yeah, FDA approval doesn't mean much to me. 

This may be an interesting read for you and will probably answer your question in greater detail: http://www.arizonalawreview.org/pdf/48-1/48arizlrev67.pdf

Having private companies enforce vaccine mandates seems like a typical conservative response to problem solving, and it’s usually effective: But in this situation I would prefer laws that required everyone to be vaccinated. 

The Federal Government does not have the authority to issue an National vaccine mandate.  

It's approved for 16+, it is NOT approved for 12-15.....those are the facts :shrug:  

The drug companies have immunity from liability for this vaccine.  That alone should give you pause.  

As far as FDA approval goes, the FDA reviews the clinical and non-clinical package submitted by the drug companies.  The drug companies are under no obligation to submit all the data they have.  Usually, by the time it reaches Phase 3 though, the drug companies have a pretty good idea of the drugs safety and efficacy in humans since they've spent years assessing it in other species.

That being said, FDA approval doesn't mean safe.  One of the drugs I worked on, Fenfluramine was approved by the FDA in the 70s.  It was a diet drug that was combined with Phentermine (Fen-Phen).  It worked great and was a miracle diet pill.  There were pop up weight loss medical facilities that were in business solely to prescribe Fen-Phen.  We sued some 25 years after it was on the market when it was found to cause mitral valve prolapse and was killing people.  Surprisingly, the FDA in 2020 approved its use for treating other diseases even after it was shown to kill people.  So yeah, FDA approval doesn't mean much to me. 

This may be an interesting read for you and will probably answer your question in greater detail: http://www.arizonalawreview.org/pdf/48-1/48arizlrev67.pdf
It's not just this vaccine.....but I agree pause should be taken.  That's been true for decades.  It's interesting that people are just now concerned about this.

The  FDA-approved  COMIRNATY  (COVID-19 Vaccine,  mRNA)  and  the EUA-authorized Pfizer-BioNTech  COVID-19 Vaccine have the  same formulation and can  be  used  interchangeably  to provide  the  COVID-19 vaccination  series.
Can be. They are also legally different. No FDA approved vaccine is on the market in the US. 

It would be more legit if the fda approved version of the vaccine was actually available. People turning down the EUA version are within their right to and shouldnt be fired. 
The Supreme Court has no issues with the mandates, so I wouldn’t try too hard to make an argument that it isn’t legit or acceptable. I understand that you personally don’t want to get a vaccine, but vaccine mandates are legal and have been used for decades, the SC has no issues with this particular vaccine being mandated for use, and the authorization is acceptable to them for mandate, too. That was my point. 

Ok... so where do I go get a fully FDA approved vaccine today? 

You guys are playing word games, but this is cut and dry.
no...stop projecting.  You can get the fully FDA approved vaccine at damn near any Walmart, Sam's Club, Walgreens, CVS, Urgent Care...they're everywhere.

no...stop projecting.  You can get the fully FDA approved vaccine at damn near any Walmart, Sam's Club, Walgreens, CVS, Urgent Care...they're everywhere.
Ok, thanks for playing guys. I'm getting off this roller coaster of insanity. 

Call the pfizer customer service number and have them explain to you their vaccine isnt FDA approved. 1 (800) 879-3477

The Supreme Court has no issues with the mandates, so I wouldn’t try too hard to make an argument that it isn’t legit or acceptable. I understand that you personally don’t want to get a vaccine, but vaccine mandates are legal and have been used for decades, the SC has no issues with this particular vaccine being mandated for use, and the authorization is acceptable to them for mandate, too. That was my point. 
The supreme court just chose not to hear it.

I dont think this will be legal from a federal employee standpoint. They cant mandate a vaccine that isnt FDA approved yet. The govt is in the clear until they terminate an employee for not getting vaccinated. They will open a can of worms at that point. 

I dont think this will be legal from a federal employee standpoint. They cant mandate a vaccine that isnt FDA approved yet. The govt is in the clear until they terminate an employee for not getting vaccinated. They will open a can of worms at that point. 
Exactly. Because it’s both legal and perfectly fine for both mandate and use. Much like MMR mandates to go to school. 

I guarantee that the feds and many large employers that term people for not getting vaxxed will get sued.

I bet 99% of those suits get tossed, don't make it to a ruling, or rule in favor of the employer.  I don't think there will be many companies that face penalties for this action.

#notalawyer

I guarantee that the feds and many large employers that term people for not getting vaxxed will get sued.

I bet 99% of those suits get tossed, don't make it to a ruling, or rule in favor of the employer.  I don't think there will be many companies that face penalties for this action.

#notalawyer
I think large companies will have an out. The government will run into issues since they can't legally mandate an EUA vaccine. If they terminate an employee for not getting vaccinated, they have a solid claim against the government. 

I think the government knows this and that's why the mandate is being handled so poorly behind the scenes. 

Allowing an exemption for the USPS also undermines the government's position on the necessity of the vaccine. 

Update on my employer's mandatory vaccination policy:

Staff members that were unvaccinated and did not qualify for religious or medical exemption were to be put on unpaid leave as of Dec. 3rd. They would then have until January 3rd to get vaccinated or get their first dose and have the second scheduled. If they are non-compliant on Jan. 3, they are terminated. That has been updated to reflect current staffing shortages and people planning time off around the holidays didn't want their vacation time revoked to cover additional shortages due to those being placed on leave. So now you get a corrective action on Dec. 3rd, with no leave, but are still terminated on Jan. 3rd if not vaxxed.

I have heard of one employee in my area that is fully vaccinated but contemplating leaving anyway as he disagrees with the mandate. Several others are talking a big game and have not gotten jabbed yet. There are a couple of others that I strongly hope don't get the shot, simply because they are garbage employees that I want to get rid of (GD union).

I have very mixed feelings about the whole situation, but since it's a healthcare company, I can't blame the powers that be for making a choice they feel is best for our patients and staff.

Users who are viewing this thread