What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are you offering/being offered for Royal? (1 Viewer)

Curious as to how other Marshall owners value Royal? I'm not overly concerned with his impact on production, but given Marshall's less than balanced history, I wouldn't mind having Royal as a handcuff.

To that end, I'm talking to his owner about a straight up trade for Desean Jackson. We both agree that at this point they are both pretty much an equal commodity, but neither of us really wants to make the deal for fear that we are losing out on the rookie phenom of the year.

For me, I think Desean has the better year (subjective ranking, I know) but I'd be willing to trade off to have the insurance for Marshall in Royal.

Are other Marshall owners thinking of making an straight WR-for-WR offer for Royal, and if so, would you be willing to give up a higher-ranked WR?

For instance, a TJ Housh/Roy Williams/Bowe/Holmes type of guy?

Curious as to how other Marshall owners value Royal? I'm not overly concerned with his impact on production, but given Marshall's less than balanced history, I wouldn't mind having Royal as a handcuff.To that end, I'm talking to his owner about a straight up trade for Desean Jackson. We both agree that at this point they are both pretty much an equal commodity, but neither of us really wants to make the deal for fear that we are losing out on the rookie phenom of the year.For me, I think Desean has the better year (subjective ranking, I know) but I'd be willing to trade off to have the insurance for Marshall in Royal.Are other Marshall owners thinking of making an straight WR-for-WR offer for Royal, and if so, would you be willing to give up a higher-ranked WR?For instance, a TJ Housh/Roy Williams/Bowe/Holmes type of guy?
Handcuff? No way. I'm targeting Royal to start both - every week.

Curious as to how other Marshall owners value Royal? I'm not overly concerned with his impact on production, but given Marshall's less than balanced history, I wouldn't mind having Royal as a handcuff.To that end, I'm talking to his owner about a straight up trade for Desean Jackson. We both agree that at this point they are both pretty much an equal commodity, but neither of us really wants to make the deal for fear that we are losing out on the rookie phenom of the year.For me, I think Desean has the better year (subjective ranking, I know) but I'd be willing to trade off to have the insurance for Marshall in Royal.Are other Marshall owners thinking of making an straight WR-for-WR offer for Royal, and if so, would you be willing to give up a higher-ranked WR?For instance, a TJ Housh/Roy Williams/Bowe/Holmes type of guy?
Handcuff? No way. I'm targeting Royal to start both - every week.
I'd consider doing that as well; but does knowing that having Royal as insurance to a Marshall fiasco cause you to add more value to him than you would a similarly ranked WR? Personally, it does for me.

24seven said:
TheFanatic said:
Was just offered Roddy White for Royal and a first rounder from me. I passed again....
that is a tough one to pass up.
I have Royal(non dynasty) and theres only a handful of WRs I'd trade him for straight up.edit to clarify: By handful I mean maybe 5 or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stinkin Ref said:
wow...I can't believe there is this much going on without waiting to see what the affect of Marshall returning will do to his role in the offense....granted kid has skills, but a guy who caught 104 balls last year is returning this week....
And history has NOT shown that adding another WR hurts one WR's numbers. There have been tons of examples of 2 WRs succeeding.

Stinkin Ref said:
wow...I can't believe there is this much going on without waiting to see what the affect of Marshall returning will do to his role in the offense....granted kid has skills, but a guy who caught 104 balls last year is returning this week....
And history has NOT shown that adding another WR hurts one WR's numbers. There have been tons of examples of 2 WRs succeeding.
once again I agree....but I think it is a huge factor going from the #1 WR on a team to the #2 WR on a team...which is what is happening and the the now new #1 is coming off a 104 catch season and is in his third year......he isn't an aging vet or just mid level experienced guy.....I am merely saying I would want to see how it pans out before selling the farm for Royal....I think Marshall still gets most of the looks here and Royal will struggle to put those numbers up again.....Royal may still be starter worthy, but don't expect those numbers when starting him.....occasionally he will have his big games, but for the most part those numbers will not be the norm....(unless injury to Marshall, etc)....

ChuckLiddell said:
Scooby1974 said:
ChuckLiddell said:
bizkliz said:
I would definitely take Cassell for him stright up.
really? i have the #1 WW and both are there, and after some hard-thought pondering, im going to take the royal flush over cassell.guess depends on your QB and WR situations, but having lost colston, i need the WR more than the QB.

i was just suprised to see cassell being viewed as so much more valuable than royal. that is all.

-biz-
I am a proud Eddie Royal owner (dynasty), and I would not take Matt Cassel for Royal even if my only 2 rostered QBs were Brady and Vince Young. It is extremely rare that rookie does that in his first game against a solid CB, and looks so, so good doing it. Say what you will about DeAngelo Hall being overrated - he is still a top 20 CB in this league, and Royal just made him look like a punk. in his first game as a pro.
hey Chuck...watch THIS sucker....BAM
I was drunk.
next time raise your hands up a little...its not against the rules to block punches when there IN POSITION :popcorn:

i dont know if i can handle guessing when to play mjd all year..i have barber and grant aswell..i know its not equal value though..offered this yesterday and he hasnt accepted yet, thought he would be all over this..

ok i have been convinced that i might have been on crack when i offered this....i took the offer off the board :thumbup:

ok i have been convinced that i might have been on crack when i offered this....i took the offer off the board :thumbup:
Thank you. And be thankful that whoever you proposed the trade to was probably asleep at the wheel. If you really want to move MJD, go ahead, but trust me, you can get a lot more than just Royal for him.

believe it or not i have tried to move him for a wr and cant get anyone to bite..and i feel im getting the worse end of the deal in most trade offers..oh well..

:popcorn: just to put an end to this, he turned me down on the mjd for royal anyway...what an idiot...i dont know whats worse the offer or rejection..

Picked him up last week off WW (didnt start him though). Was offered K. Curtis and B. Engram for Royal. My first thoughts were to pass.... But with news they both might be healthy soon...... now Im not sure what to do.

14 team Redraft League

Just traded Royal for Chris Johnson straight up.

I think that there upsides are similar but I'd rather have that depth at RB.

Just traded Eli Manning for Royal in a Zealots league. I am very deep at QB and WR, neither Manning or Royal would sniff my starting lineup, but i would rather Royal than Manning on my bench.

Offered Cassel for Royal straight up to a team with Palmer and Garrard at QB.

I think it would have worked, but he puckered when the news hit the wire (literally about five minutes later) that he lost his #1 WR Colston for 4-6 weeks.

Offered Cassel for Royal straight up to a team with Palmer and Garrard at QB. I think it would have worked, but he puckered when the news hit the wire (literally about five minutes later) that he lost his #1 WR Colston for 4-6 weeks.
Ouch....

In a redraft, I just gave up Royal and Chris Johnson for Welker and MJD...and guys are telling me i didn't get enough...what a difference a week makes.

Picked him up last week off WW (didnt start him though). Was offered K. Curtis and B. Engram for Royal. My first thoughts were to pass.... But with news they both might be healthy soon...... now Im not sure what to do.
If you need the depth, I can see it, but I think Royal will produce pretty close to these guys.

On MNF he had the top corner and some doubling...
Wrong, wrong, wrong...a thousand times wrong. I know because I watched the game and Royal cost me my game (ironic because I have Marshall). Hall was "on him" (and I use the term loosely) 90% of the time (the other 10% of the time Hall was in having his diaper changed...). He beat Asomugha once on a short slant inside.

I was offered royal and mjd for gonzo and selvin young. He just grabbed Royal off waivers and I hate to pay for a waiver guy but I may have to pull the trigger.

Just wrote this in the general Eddie Royal thread before I saw this thread.

I have Cutler/Marshall/Royal, and I would've started all 3 each week, but I'm not a big "all your eggs in one basket" guy.

I just got offered Brandon Jacobs for Royal and Devery Henderson. I accepted in record time.

Just wrote this in the general Eddie Royal thread before I saw this thread.I have Cutler/Marshall/Royal, and I would've started all 3 each week, but I'm not a big "all your eggs in one basket" guy.I just got offered Brandon Jacobs for Royal and Devery Henderson. I accepted in record time.
:thumbdown:

Just wrote this in the general Eddie Royal thread before I saw this thread.I have Cutler/Marshall/Royal, and I would've started all 3 each week, but I'm not a big "all your eggs in one basket" guy.I just got offered Brandon Jacobs for Royal and Devery Henderson. I accepted in record time.
as a Bronco fan I can say way to cash in on all this hype.

Traded Royal for Lee Evans straight up. Kid has something. Cutler has something. Marshall is a beast. Broncos offense is going to be special this year.

I just gave Royal for Chris perry in Standard PPR where I was deep at WR and thin at RB

Starting to think I didnt get enough.

On MNF he had the top corner and some doubling...
Wrong, wrong, wrong...a thousand times wrong. I know because I watched the game and Royal cost me my game (ironic because I have Marshall). Hall was "on him" (and I use the term loosely) 90% of the time (the other 10% of the time Hall was in having his diaper changed...). He beat Asomugha once on a short slant inside.
:wall: I have only just read this thread and was amazed it took so long to correct those comments. Royal was very impressive, but every receiver who lines up on the right hand side against Oakland this year is going to be force fed the ball, mainly because teams have given up throwing against Asomugha, but also because Hall looked so lost out there; it's hard to say he's over-rated, because I don't know anyone who really rates him, bar himself and old Al.

I drafted Royal in my main league based on the preseason/OTA/Broncos other WRs. I think Royal will have a role in the Denver offense, and he is going to be counted on to make plays. I'm starting him with confidence as a WR3. (with Wayne, Ocho)

Saying that, I have offered Cassel/Royal for Boldin/Brady in a keeper league...hoping to deal Brady for a pick later on.

The Brady owner seems ready to roll on this, we will see. I'm hoping Royal gets the targets this week, and the price goes up.

Users who are viewing this thread