What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do you consider a Po Boy? (1 Viewer)

21 hours ago, tommyboy said:

no idea what a po boy is.

Your life is not complete.

i looked it up on the googles.   So basically its just a Subway sandwich

General Malaise said:
Bread has to be crispy on the outside, soft and tender bread inside.  Roast beef is the origin, and you've not lived until you've had a debris po-boy.  They aren't just native to Louisiana either; Texas, Mississippi, Bama, Georgia....all over the south but no doubt New Orleans does it the best. 

Know where you can't get a good one? :hot:
I've added shrimp poboys to my short list of the pleasantries that come with living in MS.  Chances are, I'll be spotted at Sal and Phil's tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s this “with roast beef” stuff?  I’ve never encountered a po boy with that as an option.  I assume hot roast beef?  Au jus?

Po boy seems like a racist term to me. Can we just call it an Economically Disadvantaged Young Individual?  

One of the original NOLA classics.  With "debris". Sort of like a chunky, meaty, more flavorful au jus.  Basically what's left on the bottom of the pan after roasting beef.
That seems like a wild ends of the spectrum for what constitutes po boy filling:  fried seafood on one side and roast beef on the other.  No matter, I’m down with the roast beef and chunky au jus, sounds great

Sand said:
My father, when he was working downtown, used to go there so often for lunch they always skipped him through the line.  That place is straight from heaven.

Your life is not complete.
Worlds Best Ham! I’d weigh 350 pounds if I ate lunches there. 

One of the original NOLA classics.  With "debris". Sort of like a chunky, meaty, more flavorful au jus.  Basically what's left on the bottom of the pan after roasting beef.
Roast Beef Po Boys (aka Subs, aka Hoagies, aka Grinders) are better in nola than anywhere else if I may say so. 

Got a sandwich for lunch today.  Now this was no authentic type place or anything so i wasn't expecting much, but i order a shrimp po boy and I get:

5 or 6 boiled shrimp, a bit of lettuce, a few pieces of tomato, some remoulade sauce

on a hot dog bun

Now I'm no expert, but this seemed like some grade A bull####, especially for $9.75.
They won’t be Po for long charging that much.  :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread