What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do you need tonight?! (1 Viewer)

I need McCown, Dez and Witten to outscore Forte and Bailey by 20 points. No points for just catching the ball, so it'll be tough.

PPR down 55 points. Have forte, witten and Jeffery going tonight. Abysmal coaching on my part benched romo/luck for Alex smith. Crossing fingers need a shoot out tonight.
Man the Luck benching makes sense but benching Romo for Alex Smith? ugh. Chicago D is terrible. You should win it still with those 3 in PPR

PPR down 55 points. Have forte, witten and Jeffery going tonight. Abysmal coaching on my part benched romo/luck for Alex smith. Crossing fingers need a shoot out tonight.
Man the Luck benching makes sense but benching Romo for Alex Smith? ugh. Chicago D is terrible. You should win it still with those 3 in PPR
I know it was very uncharacteristic of me! My logic was Bears have been good against pass in last 4-5 weeks (other than lions). Cold weather should mean tough to pass. Tried to diversify (not rely on too many players in one game). Felt like a genius with 12 points at half time but the risk I thought would come to fruition did (i.e. Blowout and smith stops throwing and even comes out of game). Hope you're right about my 3 left!

Good luck to all tonight.

another league up 60

he has mccown i have no body.

should be safe in this one cause there is no special bonuses and 4 points per passing td

i think smith for romo (Edited) actually makes sense.. the weather is suppose to be brutally cold tonight. plus bears rush defense sucks so could see cowboys force feeding the run and romo ending up with an average day.

i benched romo for big ben

Last edited by a moderator:
i think smith for romo (Edited) actually makes sense.. the weather is suppose to be brutally cold tonight. plus bears rush defense sucks so could see cowboys force feeding the run and romo ending up with an average day.

I just dont like benching Romo unless i have another top 10 guy to replace him with. Romo can put up 300+ and 3 td's any game. And the cold usually has zero bearing on a QB. Wind is a different story.

I have Dez and a 22 point lead, he has McCown, Jeffery and Gould.

I don't think I'm going to make it.

I can back into the playoffs if Marshall is held to 21 or less.

I have a feeling my Bears will stick it to me somehow or other. This is the part I hate about fantasy, having to root against your own team.

The weather could help though. Very cold and windy..

Weather update:

14 degrees

15 MPH winds

I just dont like benching Romo unless i have another top 10 guy to replace him with. Romo can put up 300+ and 3 td's any game. And the cold usually has zero bearing on a QB. Wind is a different story.
yeah but smith was going against a lousy redskins defense.

romo could put up big numbers he could also do lousy.. and like i mentioned the bears run defense is trash and on a cold, possibly windy city night..

the cowboys could run 30 + times and if you look at romos numbers the last 2 weeks in much better cirumstances he dissapointed.. that said he could go out and throw for 400 yards and 3 tds but i wont hold my breathe on that

Over the past 5 weeks, Romo has been the 22nd best QB on a PPG basis. Smith on the other hand has been a low-end QB1.

In short, Romo has been awful-good since his monster game vs. DEN. He's definitely not a no-brainer play on any given week.

Over the past 5 weeks, Romo has been the 22nd best QB on a PPG basis. Smith on the other hand has been a low-end QB1.

In short, Romo has been awful-good since his monster game vs. DEN. He's definitely not a no-brainer play on any given week.
and I'd have to think with how bad the Chicago run defense is and the fact that Dallas has expressed a desire to run the ball more that tonight will be a steady dose of D. Murray.

I kind of need Murray to score on every touch he gets...and for him to get a lot of touches. That or a do-over.

and I'd have to think with how bad the Chicago run defense is and the fact that Dallas has expressed a desire to run the ball more that tonight will be a steady dose of D. Murray.
Dallas can say whatever they want about running the ball. Their history shows they are a pass first team since the triplets.

Dallas will start off running but as soon as they get behind, Redhead & crew are calling the dink and dunk show for Romo.

My guess is Murray gets 17-20 carries which is slightly above his average and thats really because Dunbar is out.

Last week was Oakland, this week even with Chicago's bad defensive line, Murray will find it hard to run with that cold.

150yds receiving or rushing from Forte with 2 TD's..

Not liking my chances, but hey stranger things have happened..

I'm up 9.5 and have Jeffery and Marshall vs. McCown, Murray, and Gould. 7 weeks they would have won, 5 weeks I would I have won.

I'm up 9.5 and have Jeffery and Marshall vs. McCown, Murray, and Gould. 7 weeks they would have won, 5 weeks I would I have won.
So you're hoping for a Jeffery end around and all McCown TDs to your boys I like your odds.

17 from Dez in PPR. I think I would rather be in my shoes than my opponents right now.

1) Up 8. Have my Marshall vs his Witten/Barry Church (PPR, 1.5 for TE)

2) Down 19 and I have Forte (0.5 PPR)

3) Tied. I have Dez/Forte against his Romo/Murray (Non-PPR)

My Hatcher / Bailey / Carr vs 12 pt lead (thanks to Graham scoring a meaningless TD at the end of the game) / Romo

Don't think this is going to end well for me

Im Up 57 and he has Romo, Forte...

Need 30 points from Mccown, Dez

Im Up by 25 and have Mccown, Witten, He has Romo, Demarco, Dez.....

Close match ups for them 3 dynasty ppr leagues.....

Down by 33 points with Forte and Murray going up against his Jeffery.

I'm chilled though, this is our last week of the regular season and it's the first place team versus me who is the 2nd placed team. We are merely jostling for 1st or 2nd seed going into the playoffs and I fancy the third seed is actually weaker.than the fourth.

ppr, 6 pt pass tds....need 31 pts from my QB and Witten to win. Have to decide between McCown & Romo. Leaning towards McCown

PPR league, up by 18 and playing against Alshon Jeffery. It's close to his season average, so I have a little bit of hope...but given the way he's been playing, I'd say I'm the underdog.

In another 1/2 point PPR, I need 15+ points from Demarco Murray. I feel better about this one, but it's still a toss-up.

up 60 and vs. jeffery. that would be about 420 yds and 3 tds.

thank you charles, rainey, gordon, vjax, allen & jimmy g!

Down 27.55. I have Jeffery he has nobody. In my league that's about 6-8 catches, 120 yards and a TD. Doable, but nothing I'm expecting. Doesn't help me I had AD anyways, so I'd be in major doo-doo going forward regardless.

Up 42 now. PPR league with passing TD's counting as 6 points. I'm done, he has McCown and Marshall. Cautiously optimistic.

I need McCown, Des and Alshon to not go ape #### tonight. Up 49 playing them with Bennett and Gould/Bailey to go.

GL everyone.
Good lord. What a heart attack night. My game was tied(would've lost the tiebreaker), and I started Gould. Win my game by 3 on Gould's meaningless FG. Craziest playoff game ever.

Ppr, standard scoring. All Td = 6

Down 57.

Have mccown and demarco.

The sting comes from having kc def on my bench for New England. The polarity in their performance will likely have ended me.

Need a Peyton-esqe and Faulk-esqe from these 2. Not holding my breath, but a 49-42 shootout would be a festivus miracle.

-biz-
won...somehow...

until somebody says i didnt.

-biz-

A time machine so I can go back to Sunday morning and start KC over NE... what a dumb move that is in hindsight. Barring that, I need forte and marshall to combine for 40 points... I need 100 yards and aTD from each because we get bonus points at 100 yards... everyone think good thoughts for my fantasy team!!!!!
got 45 :towelwave:

Users who are viewing this thread