What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do you usually name your fantasy team? (1 Viewer)

I typically reference a favorite comedy TV show or movie. Here are some of my previous and current team names:

Dirty Vicars (Monty Python's Flying Circus)

Springfield Isotopes (The Simpsons)

Springfield Flying Hellfish (The Simpsons)

South Park Cows (South Park)

Underpants Gnomes (South Park)

Little Lebowski Urban Achievers (The Big Lebowski)
I kind of go with this same idea but I like to go with action and mob movie names. Then my trash talk is filled with awesome one liners. It amuses me greatly and eventually annoys others. I'm a dork.

Top Guns

Predators

Terminators

Die Hards

Godfathers

Goodfellas

etc.

I name all of my teams after the names of Olde Tyme golf clubs. Brassies, Mashies, Cleeks, Niblicks, etc. Makes it VERY easy to remember the names.
Because otherwise when you looked at your league site you'd forget which team was yours?

White Hart Bobby Layne

Because White Hart Lane is the the name of the stadium of the 'soccer' team that I support Tottenham Hotspur and because of course Bobby Layne was a Detroit lions QB

Perfect blend of the two sport teams I love the most 1. Spurs .......................... 2. Lions

Mine varies from year to year. Last year's was a Sopranos reference, as a tribute to the recently-departed James Gandolfini. This year will be a Breaking Bad reference of some sort, most like Los Pollos Hermanos.

Last edited by a moderator:
True story.

Last season started out 2-5 then changed my team name to the unicorns. Went 5-1, limped into the playoffs as the leagues highest points for then won the next 3 games to be crowned league champion. From now on I will always be known as the unicorns.

Kellysheroes

No Ma'am

Masters of Doom

House of straw

Kellysmash

Oparh's Va Jay-Jay

I name them after a player generally. My best name was Megatron All Day

Currently I have the Gronquistadors and Breast Mode.

True story.

Last season started out 2-5 then changed my team name to the unicorns. Went 5-1, limped into the playoffs as the leagues highest points for then won the next 3 games to be crowned league champion. From now on I will always be known as the unicorns.
What did you change it from?

I did change my name last year in a redraft from Kraken Open a Cold One to Rize of the Fenix. I started 1-5 and went on to finish 8-5 and league champion.

It might have been the name change. But I think it was the early acquisition of Alshon Jeffrey that turned me around.

Penetrators

Girlfriend is in 2 of my leagues as Penetrate My Tight End
man-card revoked
Both Leagues are $ 300 buy in ... 12 teams....winner takes home $ 1600...she was in both Super Bowls 2 years ago and watches more football from Saturday morning until Monday night than 90 % of the men on this bored....man card re-instated
Sooooo... you have a GF that you play FF with and she's better than you? Man card permanently revoked. Do you make her sandwiches?

Penetrators

Girlfriend is in 2 of my leagues as Penetrate My Tight End
man-card revoked
Both Leagues are $ 300 buy in ... 12 teams....winner takes home $ 1600...she was in both Super Bowls 2 years ago and watches more football from Saturday morning until Monday night than 90 % of the men on this bored....man card re-instated
:useless:
4' 10" ...38 DD....Latino....
Sounds like a fatty.

I usually go with something funny that is associated with the times. Last year I was "Major Carlos Danger", still haven't decided this year.

To keep things fun and to avoid team names that don't sound like team names, every year we pick a state and a team-name category. Each owned must pick a city from that state and a team name from the category. Last year's theme was motorcycle clubs, so we had some great names. We've also had cars, sea creatures, breakfast foods, Star Wars, and, one awful year, surgical tools. At a summer party we pick the draft order, category, and state. It's good times.

"It Ertz When I Eifert" gave me a good laugh.

I've used plenty but BobTheRebuilder has been my favorite.

I tend to take a lot of my team names from Archer or Entourage or other fantastic shows.

Some I've used in the past - Running on E, LANNAAAA!!!

I change mine a lot, and base it on whichever player on my roster is hot at the time. So in the last couple years, it's been:

Godric GRIFFINdors

Pop a Kaep in You

McCown Question Bro

The Dawning of the Age of Demaryius

Among others.

Users who are viewing this thread