What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What fraction of timschochet's posts are blatantly plagiarized? (1 Viewer)

Please indicate your best estimate

• 100% - it's all lifted from somewhere else

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • 80-99%

Votes: 34 24.8%
  • 60-79%

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • 40-59%

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • 20-39%

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • 1-19%

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • 0% - it's still real to me

Votes: 13 9.5%

• Total voters
what about the guy in one of those gun-nut, home invasion threads who told his harrowing story of survival.. only it was lifted directly from Max Payne

'mr. furley said:
what about the guy in one of those gun-nut, home invasion threads who told his harrowing story of survival.. only it was lifted directly from Max Payne
I remember that story. Never ran it through Google, but assumed it was completely fabricated.- Marcus

i think the entire point of plagirizing is that you want to inflate your own ego but use someone elses words and ideas in order to do so. You're just lying to yourself first and foremost. Its like the guy that says he's a 4 handicap then shoots a 90.

its pretty simple to attribute to professionals that get paid for their ideas. i don't have the time to sit around and write books, but I know a lot of people that do and I have no problem borrowing their ideas if I agree with them, you just have to remember to put the linky thing in there. Not too hard.

i think the real story here though is that a person created aliases to argue with himself.

Get a ####### life

Anyhow, here is a poem I came up with:

had to write a poem for school

I wrote one but it was not cool

I could not get my lines to rhyme

I tried free verse but it was worse

Searching—I found a poetry site

In the midst of the starry night

I "borrowed" from an author who

Writes poems plus other prose too

How easy I had searched the site

Finding a verse 'bout hate and spite

Copied it with a huge wide smile

Frown absent though my act was vile

Once finished I fell fast asleep

In spite of having been a creep

Dreams sailed me high up like a kite

As if my deed had been all right

In class I waited for my turn

To read this brilliant poem I burned

Once done I heard the teacher say

"I wrote those stanzas yesterday."

I was so shocked—wholly surprised

At teacher knowing I'd plagiarized

Yet, I knew not how to be true

You see—my name is Liar Lou

While cheating led to gauche demise

My shameful hands covered my eyes

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the real story here though is that a person created aliases to argue with himself.Get a ####### life
This probably deserves its own thread.- timschochet
It doesn't, but I thought your Bible passage did. That was an inspired piece of work, and this thread is unworthy of it.
Well, I did rip off God. :blush:
So did the Apostles, Muhammad, and Joseph Smith. You're in good company!

Once, in 8th grade English class, we had to write an original poem. I worked for a long while on mine and it was pretty bad.

This other kid in class just copied the lyrics from "Mr. Rainmaker" by Warrant. I'm pretty sure he got a better grade than I did.

He got away with that one, but I busted him when he tried to erase a "+" from a Petr Klima Strat-o-matic hockey card. That scandal rocked our 4 man league to it's very foundation, but no way to you pull the wool over the eyes of this guy more than once.

Konotay (aka golddigger), engaged in a debate bloodbath regarding evolution, feels overwhelmed and resorts to posting some drivel by a guy at the Discovery Institute as his own ideas. In a manner eerily similar to bueno, he lashes out at his accusers and proclaims that he got too lazy to type up something similar himself. This of course coming in the wake of claiming that he never even cites the Discovery Institute much less steals their stuff. Konotay decides that MasterOfOrion is his least sullied alias and rolls with that from then on. He also makes wild accusations about various posters being a "Pickles alias."
:lmao: One of my favorites.

You've had four usernames and all four of them have talked nonstop about politics?
I'm curious if this is the case as well.And who really is timschochet then or is all of this just to entertain your other personalities? :popcorn:
what were the other usernames? :confused:
Adam West,Winston Churchill,Burton and timschochet are the 4 I know of but not really sure if it has ever been verified that this is all.

Chris just found some good stuff on the Web for his science report about sharks. He highlights a paragraph that explains that most sharks grow to be only 3 to 4 feet long and can't hurt people. Chris copies it and pastes it into his report. He quickly changes the font so it matches the rest of the report and continues his research.

Uh-oh. Chris just made a big mistake. Do you know what he did? He committed plagiarism (say: play-juh-rih-zem). Plagiarism is when you use someone else's words or ideas and pass them off as your own. It's not allowed in school, college, or beyond, so it's a good idea to learn the proper way to use resources, such as websites, books, and magazines.

Plagiarism is a form of cheating, but it's a little complicated so a kid might do it without understanding that it's wrong. Chris should have given the author and the website credit for the information. Why? Because Chris didn't know this information before he came to the website. These aren't his thoughts or ideas.

You've had four usernames and all four of them have talked nonstop about politics?
I'm curious if this is the case as well.And who really is timschochet then or is all of this just to entertain your other personalities? :popcorn:
Adam West,Winston Churchill,Burton and timschochet are the 4 I know of but not really sure if it has ever been verified that this is all.
All are terrible.

All are terrible.
This probably deserves its own thread.

This is a pretty ridiculous post. First off, I don't know anyone who was filled with joy. Personally, I was extremely disappointed by it, because I viewed it as giving into the loonies. I don't think a President of the United States should ever lower his dignity to do something like this. Your "advice" was absurd, because it was laced with all sorts of innuendos which suggested you were certain there was something wrong. Obama didn't vindicate you; he gave in to your completely unjustified and bizarre demands, and shame on him for doing so. But you and those like you deserve no credit for this, only further mockery (which you're sure to receive.)

This is a pretty ridiculous post. First off, I don't know anyone who was filled with joy. Personally, I was extremely disappointed by it, because I viewed it as giving into the loonies. I don't think a President of the United States should ever lower his dignity to do something like this. Your "advice" was absurd, because it was laced with all sorts of innuendos which suggested you were certain there was something wrong. Obama didn't vindicate you; he gave in to your completely unjustified and bizarre demands, and shame on him for doing so. But you and those like you deserve no credit for this, only further mockery (which you're sure to receive.)
Milwaukee Sheriff Tells Residents Calling 911 ‘Is No Longer Your Best Option’

Milwaukee Sheriff Tells Residents Calling 911 ‘Is No Longer Your Best Option’
:thumbup: You're a good guy tim even if you seem a little crazy :mellow:

Good notebooking. Should we refer to this as Pickling?

Chris just found some good stuff on the Web for his science report about sharks. He highlights a paragraph that explains that most sharks grow to be only 3 to 4 feet long and can't hurt people. Chris copies it and pastes it into his report. He quickly changes the font so it matches the rest of the report and continues his research.

Uh-oh. Chris just made a big mistake. Do you know what he did? He committed plagiarism (say: play-juh-rih-zem). Plagiarism is when you use someone else's words or ideas and pass them off as your own. It's not allowed in school, college, or beyond, so it's a good idea to learn the proper way to use resources, such as websites, books, and magazines.

Plagiarism is a form of cheating, but it's a little complicated so a kid might do it without understanding that it's wrong. Chris should have given the author and the website credit for the information. Why? Because Chris didn't know this information before he came to the website. These aren't his thoughts or ideas.
Where was this lifted from?

Where was this lifted from?
My link

Users who are viewing this thread