What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Summer of Soccer - Euro's, Copa America, Olympics, WCQing (8 Viewers)

This looks fun

Came here to post this.

Post-COVID I get misty every time I see a large group of people having fun together, especially in a public place.

I won't ever take stuff like this for granted again -- wars, pandemics, depressions, personal illness. **** happens. Enjoy the hell out of life while it's good.
I don't buy stuff anymore. I do stuff.

I was always like that, but it intensified post covid

I'm not asking anyone else to agree, but, as an American, I die a little inside each time I see Lalas on TV with foreign partners.

Schmeichel and Sturridge seem to be in on the schtick, so maybe it's just me, but I find him embarrassing to watch. Like all the worst sterotypes come to life and interacting with studio people who are on TV because they were actually good at soccer.

Also, Schmeichel is really good at this IMO.

That was easily the worst game of the tournament so far. England looked so disinterested once they got the lead.

The combined xG was only .69 for the two teams. That .69 would have been the lowest combined xG in the entire 2023/2024 EPL season.
I also saw this:

The tally of 11 shots by the final whistle -- six by Serbia, five from England -- was the lowest in a European Championship match since at least 1980.

This looks fun

I’ve told the story here before but the single greatest sporting event I’ve attended in person was watching Netherlands-Morocco in the ‘94 WC in the Citrus Bowl in Orlando. Just a sea of Oranje and the after party drinking with the Dutch while they sang American folk songs is one of the best memories of my life.

That's awesome. I definitely miss living in Copenhagen during tournaments like this. While not a powerhouse like the Oranje, still love when a country pretty much shuts down for the match and rallies around a team. Wish that was more of a thing with US soccer.

Fox would rather show Skip Bayless and a Major League Rugby replay than this game. :rolleyes:
Does fox have any ownership in Fubo?

ETA - I don't think so - but maybe Fubo is (over)paying them enough for ti to make financial sense.

Don't know about Fubo but even on games they have they'd rather show Bass Fishing on their main Fox Sports channel and put these matches on FS1 which my cable company doesn't carry. Grateful for footybite and other folks hosting the streams.

Fun match though. Romania is unexpectedly dominating.

Seemed like an obvious dive in the box to me but I guess the VAR review was to see whether Rodri (?) should be red-carded rather than just yellow+penalty.

Seemed like an obvious dive in the box to me but I guess the VAR review was to see whether Rodri (?) should be red-carded rather than just yellow+penalty.

Blatant dive.

But, if its a foul, it should have been Red for DOGSO - obviously did not play the ball...

No matter what actually happened it was probably called wrong based on who the Ref was. :boxing: :lmao:

I'm not asking anyone else to agree, but, as an American, I die a little inside each time I see Lalas on TV with foreign partners.

Schmeichel and Sturridge seem to be in on the schtick, so maybe it's just me, but I find him embarrassing to watch. Like all the worst sterotypes come to life and interacting with studio people who are on TV because they were actually good at soccer.

Also, Schmeichel is really good at this IMO.
Lalas is a joke.

I was listening to Chiellini and thought he did a good job analyzing on of the goals in the Italy game and how it wasn't properly defended. He even forearmed Holden which was fun.

And I like Schmeichel as an analyst as well. Haven't heard Sturridge.

also....when did the Czech Republic start calling themselves something different?

I think either has always been acceptable. Czechia is a little less formal and easier to write out or put on a soccer shirt than the full formal "Czech Republic" name.

I noticed yesterday that in Russia's absence the former soviet republics have an unusually strong showing in this tournament. Romania, Czechia, Slovakia, Georgia, Hungary, Poland, Albania, Ukraine and three of the former Yugoslavian nations - Croatia, Serbia and Slovenia - all qualified. Its nearly half the tournament

Users who are viewing this thread