What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What have we learned after week 6 (1 Viewer)

TheFanatic

Footballguy
- Adrian Peterson. WOW!! :lmao:

- That cleveland O is fun to watch. I've been riding KWII for the second straight season and now I start Edwards every week.

- We are finally seeing what stirred up all those Bush vs. MJD arguments. It's time for Fred Taylor to just get out of the way.

- If Kevin Curtis is playing a crappy D, you start him.

- Chad Johnson is the second best WR in Cinci

- Vince Young was on the cover of Madden. Madden curse?

- Tim Rattay and Vinny Testeverde played QB yesteray. Sad.

- On a positive note, Vinny did find the best WR in the league and used that weapon

- How long before the media mentions Jeff George?

- LT. Welcome back. We've missed you.

- Brees finally does well (no picks) but Colston and Henderson are no where to be found.

- I think I would rather square off against the Heavy Weight Champ in a bare knuckle fight than play QB for the Rams. Somebody is going to get killed.

Watcha got?

- Shaun Alexander is done as a FFL player

- Look at Clevelands Schedule, they could make a wildcard run

- The chargers will still win the AFC west and probably lose a first round playoff game

- It's Indy, NEpats and then everyone else

I learned (or reaffirmed) that there is no reason for Julius Jones to get any more than 20% of the carries in Dallas. MBIII is one tough runner, and the Cowboys would be better if he played more and carried the rock more.

I learned (or reaffirmed) that if Roy Williams (Cowboys) can't even cover a TE without getting smoked, then there's really almost no reason for him to be on an NFL roster for much longer.

I learned that the Pats 4th string RB is better than the Cowboys first string D line.

I learned that the hoopla around the Texans was over-exagerated and that this team REALLY missed Andre Johnson.

The only bright spot for an otherwise dismal Jets' season is that Leon Washington should almost certainly make the Pro Bowl.

I want to see Indy win at Jax before I agree with this. If Jax wins, THEY lead the AFC South, and the Colts are just another good team fighting for the playoffs. A huge test this week for the Colts.
The Colts are going to smoke them
They've beaten the Jags a few times, but they haven't "smoked" the Jags in years. The Jags D gives the Colts O fits, mainly because of their two DTs - who can slow down the Colts running game even with 6 in the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
NE is awesome. This comes from a Colts :shrug:

Chris Collinsworth needs to temper his mancrush for the Pats. Sickening.

Reggie Bush won't last the rest of the season if NO uses him that much.

Wes Welker is a terrific WR3. He is much better than even Stokley was in '04.

Cincy is bad. Marvin Lewis has lost control.

Tom Brady was worth 50% of your $ in an auction league

3 WRs will have over 12 TD this year

The 2nd string TE in New England will score more than most WRs

Just in case there's anyone else out there that still supports Grossman. I think we can now positively say that:

Griese >>>>>>>>>>>>> Grossman

But Griese can't throw the long ball! :thumbup:

I believe all 3 of his touchdowns this week came on long passes. Besides, he just manages that offense so much better IMO. Even if he still throws a pick or 2.

I want to see Indy win at Jax before I agree with this. If Jax wins, THEY lead the AFC South, and the Colts are just another good team fighting for the playoffs. A huge test this week for the Colts.
The Colts are going to smoke them
that very well could happen, but the jags always play them tough. last year, the jags, in fact, destroyed the colts in one of the games, running for about 300 yards. the colts are probably the better team, but the jags are as physical as it gets, they match-up well against the colts and know them very well. it'll be a great game. anything could happen. the colts should win, but the jags have a decent shot of actually pulling out the win. the beatdown of the texans was a good sign for the jags. the jags have been incredibly inconsistent for the past few years, laying eggs in games they should win. but, in the past, they have always risen up to play top teams. that hasn't been the problem. the problem has been losing to patsies.

Rudi Johnson might not ever have another season like his last 4

Len Dale White had 25 carries, and his longest was 5 yards. Did I read that wrong?

The Cardinals offense is not nearly as good with Tim Rattay playing

St. Louis's offense doesn't look good

Steve Smith is good. You just have to throw him the ball.

Childress/Minnesota clearly is going out of their way to NOT win games. "OK, we're down 10 points...maybe we'll give that Peterson kid another carry or two...but let's not overdo it- AW DAMN....he took it to the house again!"

Two walruses soon to be looking to relocate- Andy Reid and Mike Holmgren.

A stat line I had to do a double take on: Braylon Edwards: 5 catches for 67 yds, 3 scores.

The Patriots lost their starting RB and TE and looked stronger by the game's end. I thought this league had parity. Good thing they lost a 1st round pick in next year's draft...

When watching MBIII's escape from safety-ville, I couldn't help but wonder what just one game with him as the feature back would look like. You only see plays like that on Madden.

Hey Cards fans...you might want to sacrifice a goat or something. Just when your team looks like it's turned the corner, you end up playing Tim Rattay and giving up 25 pts- AT HOME- to a QB older than your head coach.

A couple more:

- The best receiving threat on the Cowboys is a white guy

- If Moss can keep his mouth shut and keep drinking the Patriot Koolaid, he will win a couple of SB's

- What does Julius Jones have on Jerry Jones? I was going to say on the coach, but the Tuna and Phillips put him in there all the time when MBIII is SOOOOOOO much better. This from a huge ND homer who is a big fan of JJ. Time to make him the 3rd down back and give MBIII the ball 20 times a game.

- Seriously, how much $$$ does Manning need? Stop with all the commercials.

- Reggie Bush had a pretty good all around game. The yards per carry were better than his average. He ran between the tackles. Caught a few balls. I still say he should be a WR, but he played pretty well as a RB yesterday. And this from a guy in the "MJD is the better back" group.

New Orleans showed that teams playing poorly will eventually win a game. And we all know nobody goes undefeated*

That said, I don't foresee any games where I would pick for the Rams, or against the Pats anytime soon.

*Wouldn't it be fitting if, the year someone finally gets the '72 Dolphins to shut up by going undefeated again, the current Dolphins "match" it by going 0-16?

How can two guys who were not even in the league 7 days ago, play against each other for most of a game?

I think LT must have heard the commentator (baldinger?) who said Adrian Peterson was the best back in the league. 3Tds? pshaw!

Was it just me, or was there a lot of bad football this weekend?

I think I learned that last year
Actually 2 years ago was the time to learn this. I had Johnson on my team then and was pissed every week when Housh got the TD's. I'm smarter this year and passed on Johnson for TO then got Housh 2 round later.
I thought Houshmandzadeh looked better even back at Oregon St. But this could have been because Chad was drawing the coverage even then - I'm not that smart to tell the difference. But numbers-wise, TJ looks like the guy to have most weeks.

Forgot this one:If this isn't a testament to getting Kellen Clemens in for the Jets, I don't know what is-

[ Philadelphia Eagles at 12:561-10-PHI 4 (12:56) 36-B.Westbrook right end to PHI 8 for 4 yards (24-D.Revis).2-6-PHI 8 (12:13) 5-D.McNabb sacked at PHI 2 for -6 yards (25-K.Rhodes).3-12-PHI 2 (11:34) (Shotgun) 5-D.McNabb pass deep middle intended for 81-J.Avant INTERCEPTED by 31-H.Poteat [92-S.Ellis] at PHI 28. 31-H.Poteat to PHI 17 for 11 yards (86-R.Brown).New York Jets at 11:241-10-PHI 17 (11:24) 10-C.Pennington sacked at PHI 19 for -2 yards (93-J.Kearse).2-12-PHI 19 (10:59) (No Huddle) 20-T.Jones right guard to PHI 14 for 5 yards (27-Q.Mikell, 22-J.Hanson).3-7-PHI 14 (10:16) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 10-C.Pennington pass short left to 16-B.Smith to PHI 12 for 2 yards (24-S.Brown, 22-J.Hanson).4-5-PHI 12 (9:32) 1-M.Nugent 30 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-85-J.Dearth, Holder-7-B.Graham.PHI 16 NYJ 9 Plays: 4 Possession: 1:56
Yes, you read that right- the opposing QB completes passes for longer gains than their own QB.

With all of the injuries, especially at QB, I am not looking forward to evaluating picks for next season. It is going to be very messy.

- LJ ain't dead yet

- Lee Evans is, so is SA

- Vinny can still chuck it deep

- Seattle has some good WR's

- Adrian Peterson = Beast!

- Braylon Edwards owners are :eek: with Derek Anderson

- What looked like a decent RB corps on Draft Day (McGahee, J. Lewis, R. Johnson) is not a very good RB corps now

in a game featuring TO and moss, donte stallworth was the one that made an ### out of himself celebrating a TD. i found that amusing, although the waving itself was just annoying.

The "shark" move was to get MJD for a bag of chips after week three.
Snatched him off waivers in both my leagues. :thumbdown:
I gotta say I was so stressin yesterday on whether or not to start him. I had Rudi, Watson, Benson, Taylor and Fred to go along side LT. After the first half, I was kicking myself for not going with Benson. I love MJD. Can't wait to see this kid without Taylor in the picture....

- As open as they were, Griese hit Berrian and Hester perfectly in stride on the deep ball. Definitely encouraging for Berrian owners

- Santana Moss got in a fight with the football, and lost...

- Days like today make me happy not to be an NFL head coach, because I'd have no clue how to stop the Patriots

- While being helped off the field, Gus Frerotte literally looked like he wanted to retire on the spot. Rams QB is currently the most dangerous job in the world.

- Jeff Garcia can still get it done

- Chad Pennington NEEDS to be removed. He was supposed to be on a short leash this week, but that didn't happen.

- Anyone who tells you they don't want Adrian Peterson should be laughed at.

- Carson Palmer must stop turning the ball over if the Bengals want to have any chance this year (if there still is any left)

A couple more: - The best receiving threat on the Cowboys is a white guy - If Moss can keep his mouth shut and keep drinking the Patriot Koolaid, he will win a couple of SB's - What does Julius Jones have on Jerry Jones? I was going to say on the coach, but the Tuna and Phillips put him in there all the time when MBIII is SOOOOOOO much better. This from a huge ND homer who is a big fan of JJ. Time to make him the 3rd down back and give MBIII the ball 20 times a game. - Seriously, how much $$$ does Manning need? Stop with all the commercials. - Reggie Bush had a pretty good all around game. The yards per carry were better than his average. He ran between the tackles. Caught a few balls. I still say he should be a WR, but he played pretty well as a RB yesterday. And this from a guy in the "MJD is the better back" group.
Julius Jones isn't abad running back. You guys need to give it a freaking rest. The two make a very good combo. Marion Barber actually benefits from the change of pace. I state this now, he will be a serious let-down next year as a full time featured back.I learned that the Pats are unstoppable, but then again I already knew that....i learned that Brady is the best QB in the league, but oh ya, i already knew that....I learned that Randy Moss is....oh forget it.

Actually 2 years ago was the time to learn this. I had Johnson on my team then and was pissed every week when Housh got the TD's. I'm smarter this year and passed on Johnson for TO then got Housh 2 round later.
I thought Houshmandzadeh looked better even back at Oregon St. But this could have been because Chad was drawing the coverage even then - I'm not that smart to tell the difference. But numbers-wise, TJ looks like the guy to have most weeks.
yeah? well, i knew housh would be better before he was even born. i win.

Why is everyone saying that now after Week 6, Julius Jones doesn't belong on the Cowboys, or that he shouldn't get as many carries? Did it ever occur to you, that sharing the load with Jones helps Barber run as physical as he does throughout the entire game? The change of Pace to Julius' speed is a great change up... AND Julius had less carries for more yards yesterday. Julius has had more yards than Barber in the last three games, and has the only TD between the two in those three games.

Why is everyone saying that now after Week 6, Julius Jones doesn't belong on the Cowboys, or that he shouldn't get as many carries? Did it ever occur to you, that sharing the load with Jones helps Barber run as physical as he does throughout the entire game? The change of Pace to Julius' speed is a great change up... AND Julius had less carries for more yards yesterday. Julius has had more yards than Barber in the last three games, and has the only TD between the two in those three games.
Cuz people are enamored by fantasy stats

- The Bengals are not very good

- Joe Gibbs and Mike Holmgren are clueless in "2 minute" situations

- If your studs are "questionable" but not on the inactive list, you play them unless they are Todd Heap

- Santana Moss is not ready for prime time

- It is better to watch Vince Young highlights on Sportscenter than it is to have him on your FF team

- Barring injury, Rex Grossman has started his last game as a Chicago Bear

- Gambling on NFL games will drive you insane, unless you've been taking the Patriots

Cuz people are enamored by fantasy stats
Uh, that's the nature of the game that brings us all to this board. Look, Aikman is a HOFer but he was a horrible Fantasy QB. Just because a guy does well in terms of winning NFL games does not mean he will help me win my Fantasy Games. MBIII is better than JJ in terms of helping fantasy teams win. Oh, and I don't own either of these guys in any league...

- I learned that (or think that) if Marion Barber continues to SMACK opposing LBs and DBs in the facemask (it's MORE than a stiffarm), he shouldn't be surprised if he's the recipient of a late or dirty hit one of these weekends.

- The Bears D, outside of the potential (or likelihood at this point?) of a Hester score, was kind of a wasted early round draft pick.

- Adrian Peterson runs NASTY. On one of his scores, a Bears DB was clearly hesitant to get in his way and settled for a feeble ball swipe.

- David Garrard puts up the same quality stats every week.

- I love making trades in my leagues but I should probably cool down a little bit. I traded ADP in the 2 leagues that I owned him AND I turned down getting ADP for Barber this Friday night. :coffee:

- I learned that (or think that) if Marion Barber continues to SMACK opposing LBs and DBs in the facemask (it's MORE than a stiffarm), he shouldn't be surprised if he's the recipient of a late or dirty hit one of these weekends.

- The Bears D, outside of the potential (or likelihood at this point?) of a Hester score, was kind of a wasted early round draft pick.

- Adrian Peterson runs NASTY. On one of his scores, a Bears DB was clearly hesitant to get in his way and settled for a feeble ball swipe.

- David Garrard puts up the same quality stats every week.

- I love making trades in my leagues but I should probably cool down a little bit. I traded ADP in the 2 leagues that I owned him AND I turned down getting ADP for Barber this Friday night. :coffee:
Me too buddy. I dont regret the trade that much still (got Ocho Cinco) but I miss watching this guy run for my squad. Now Im stuck with the Portis' and Lewis' of the world as my RB2.

The Patriot signing of the three amigos at wideout could make them the greatest dynasty in the history of the game.

shadyridr said:
TheFanatic said:
WOW, Housh = Reggie Wayne.......even Wayne has more talent than Housh does. It's simple people, Chad is the more talented receiver, therefore gets the coverage rolled to him more often, if not every passing down. Therefore housh is usually on single coverage, and you don't become an NFL wide receiver if you can't get open on single coverage.....you could plug almost any #2 WR in the league, put him opposite of Chad, and get the same results. Chad is the #1.......stats can be deceiving- SP coordinators do not know who Devin Hester is. Honestly, why would you ever kick the freaking ball to him?

Statorama said:
- Gambling on NFL games will drive you insane, unless you've been taking the Patriots
I would bet more than a few people will make a few bucks on the Pats this season similarly to when the Bulls had their 70+ win season in the NBA. They covered on many nights.....

Users who are viewing this thread